Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Thank you gtLmh0622 for posting the videos on here. Wasn’t it funny when Choco started to bark at the fans like she was saying “get away from my dad”. She must be quite elderly now so like CarolynH said it was lovely to see her.
I loved how he turned round so nicely when the fan tapped him on the back- he is always so courteous to his fans. (A friend of mine was  a fan of a big star and along with a few other fans waited at the stage door after a concert and the star completely ignore them all like they weren’t there) One of the things that nicest about LMH is that he always acknowledges and obviously really appreciates his fans. 

This looked like the biggest amount of gifts yet. It’s incredible-  TKEM was 3 years ago, and Pachinko was on Apple so probably had less viewers, he hasn’t been seen for ages apart from airports and yet so many of us still adore him! He’s just got that dynamism hasn’t he. 

I wonder what happens now to the gifts. We know that he does wear the clothes and shoes but I wonder what happens to the cakes and chocolates.

The flower shops in Seoul must be frantically busy a few days before his birthday!

Hopefully we will soon get to know if he is appearing in that Omniscient Readers viewpoint project- fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 7

I saw WDH also posted something.  

I noticed that BOSS didn't post anything.  I wonder if LMH's contract with BOSS ended.  You'd think they would try to extend his contract seeing how popular he was.  

• Like 4

CarolynH.  I also noticed that Boss hadn’t posted  on his birthday.

So it looks like he now represents Roma, Cuckoo, SMDC, Azarine and Metz- so no Korean ones. 

I guess over the years he has worked with some huge companies, and made them a lot of money. I remember several years ago he was called “ the sell out guy” because everything he advertised sold out straight away!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

CarolynH.  I also noticed that Boss hadn’t posted  on his birthday.

So it looks like he now represents Roma, Cuckoo, SMDC, Azarine and Metz- so no Korean ones. 

I guess over the years he has worked with some huge companies, and made them a lot of money. I remember several years ago he was called “ the sell out guy” because everything he advertised sold out straight away!

@Lindyloo421  all these he represents are in good hands.................   :heart2:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10 K-Dramas Turning 10 Years Old This Year

20230621204443_My-Love-From-the-Star-Hei

There are some shows that have a timeless appeal, a high recall value to be visited time and time again. From the classic rich boy/poor girl love story to an otherworldly romance between an alien and a superstar, or some dynastic intrigues led by a queen, these stories have entertained us down the years. So here’s a look at 10 K dramas which turn 10 years old this year!

Heirs

heirs-540x360.jpeg

Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), a high school student, arrives in the United States to track down her absconding sister.

She ends up meeting Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho), a lonely rich boy who is living away from home, as per his older brother Won’s (Choi Jin Hyuk) wishes. Meeting Eun Sang gives Kim Tan the wings to fly, and he gathers courage and returns home to Seoul.

After coincidences come to play, Eun Sang gets the opportunity to attend an elite private school solely attended by children of the rich and famous, including Kim Tan. Much to Kim Tan’s surprise, the girl he is developing a strong fondness for is also living in his home. Eun Sang is the daughter of the Kim household’s help. But as Kim Tan makes his intentions clear and pursues Eun Sang, hoping to win her over, she keeps him at bay. There’s also Kim Tan’s best friend-turned-frenemy, Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin), who also falls for Eun Sang. Amongst the bickering, bantering, and high school politics, a tender love story unfolds between the two leads.

“Heirs” rated high on the popularity charts and connected well with viewers. Despite the classic trope of rich boy/poor girl, the drama evocatively brought out the high stakes of living life in high society where even children and their lives are seen as assets. Lee Min Ho as the unsure Kim Tan who finally comes into his own is endearing. There are some delightful squeal-worthy kisses between him and Park Shin Hye, which are delightful. And Kim Woo Bin as the quintessential bad guy with a heart of gold is charming. Overall, it is a fun and engaging watch.

Start watching “Heirs”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I saw WDH also posted something.  

I noticed that BOSS didn't post anything.  I wonder if LMH's contract with BOSS ended.  You'd think they would try to extend his contract seeing how popular he was.  

@CarolynH  I believe his contract already ended since BOSS tapped a group of superstars and that's included Lee Min Ho only for the Spring/Summer 2022 #BeYourOwnBOSS campaign. Well, I hope the brand will get him again for another

endorsement in the future.   :popcornjackson:   Thanks for sharing about Woo Do Hwan's posting, good to know this.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 6:06 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you gtLmh0622 for posting the videos on here. Wasn’t it funny when Choco started to bark at the fans like she was saying “get away from my dad”. She must be quite elderly now so like CarolynH said it was lovely to see her.
I loved how he turned round so nicely when the fan tapped him on the back- he is always so courteous to his fans. (A friend of mine was  a fan of a big star and along with a few other fans waited at the stage door after a concert and the star completely ignore them all like they weren’t there) One of the things that nicest about LMH is that he always acknowledges and obviously really appreciates his fans. 

This looked like the biggest amount of gifts yet. It’s incredible-  TKEM was 3 years ago, and Pachinko was on Apple so probably had less viewers, he hasn’t been seen for ages apart from airports and yet so many of us still adore him! He’s just got that dynamism hasn’t he. 

I wonder what happens now to the gifts. We know that he does wear the clothes and shoes but I wonder what happens to the cakes and chocolates.

The flower shops in Seoul must be frantically busy a few days before his birthday!

Hopefully we will soon get to know if he is appearing in that Omniscient Readers viewpoint project- fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

@Lindyloo421  yes, I very much agree with you - Lee Min Ho has been always so very WARM towards his fans ever since. He has not changed at all! No wonder and not surprised that he always receives immense love from fans especially during his birthday. Wahhh............take a look at the room full of gifts once again. And we see this every year! Fans have showered him with gifts from worldwide. And he shows gratitude through social media by sharing a video and pictures of the gifts and captioned it, "This not-so-special day was made special because of you all, thank you so much ". . And he greeted fans who celebrate his birthday outside MYM Entertainment. That's why, fans could not keep calm, with unchanging support and affection.   :twerk2:   I adore this man!

• Like 3

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2023: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2 [Completed drama on Apple TV+: Pachinko]
7 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

That would drive me crazy lol:joy:

@CarolynH  I didn't know that Lee Min Ho has this habit of shaking his feet while sitting. They say that a person who has this habit is feeling bored or relieve some of the tension. While the shaking and leg movement can be distracting to others, it's probably preferable to alternatives like repeatedly clicking a pen or tapping your fingers. And I read that the most common cause among young people is anxiety.   :blush:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: K-Dramas To Inspire Your Summer Vacation

Summer is in full swing, and it’s the perfect time to take a break and enjoy a vacation! For this edition of the Soompi & Viki Staff Talk series, some of our staff members discuss our favorite dramas that inspire us to embark on a summer getaway.

Read more about our picks below!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead

Ginny: “Boys Over Flowers

boys-over-flowers-1.jpeg

The classic rom-com “Boys Over Flowers” is a drama that can also provide great inspiration for your summer vacation! In this series, the F4, along with Geum Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun) and Chu Ga Eul (Kim So Eun), embark on a trip to New Caledonia. It is during this vacation that Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho) and Geum Jan Di experience a romantic tour on the islands, allowing them to deepen their feelings for each other. Through the lovely moments in episode 5 of the drama, you’ll indirectly experience their love story while simultaneously immersing yourself in the breathtaking ocean views, offering abundant inspiration for your own summer getaway!

Watch “Boys Over Flowers” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

*** I watched all of these dramas and have loved them. All of his dramas are superb. Even his hair on BOF! I have re-watched these dramas many times.   :ohboy2:

6 Of Lee Min Ho’s K-Dramas That Are Always Worth Rewatching

20230627163456_Lee-Min-Ho.jpg?s=900x600&

Lee Min Ho’s name itself can evoke powerful emotions amongst fans. There is hardly anyone in the K-drama fandom who has not heard of the man who is called the ultimate Prince Charming of the screens. The multi-hyphenated Lee Min Ho is also synonymous as the poster boy of the Hallyu wave, which has swept across South Korean shores in the past couple of decades. His looks and style made him a perfect fit to play the affluent characters in many narratives.

The actor also not only iconized his screen characters but remains a man for all seasons for drama enthusiasts.

Here’s a look at six dramas starring the actor that fans never tire of watching and rewatching.

Boys Over Flowers

boys-over-flowers.jpeg

A drama which was a rite of passage for many into K-dramas, “Boys Over Flowers” remains an all-time favorite. Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho), the pompously arrogant heir to the illustrious Shinhwa Group of Industries, is the cool boy and most sought-after person at school. Well aware of his popularity, he also leads the F4, which includes his besties Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong), Woo Bin (Kim Joon), and Yi Jung (Kim Bum). The quartet is nothing less than nobility as everyone is constantly vying to get their attention. However, Jun Pyo meets his match in Geum Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun).

The daughter of a dry cleaner, Jan Di gets a scholarship at Shinwha and manages to ruffle every feather on Jun Pyo’s designer coats and stretch every hair on his coiffured head. She does not care for Jun Pyo and nor is she taken in with his wealth and status. Feisty Jan Di’s spunky spirit soon makes her a favorite amongst the F4, and Jun Pyo himself cannot get her out of his head. It’s the push and pull between Jun Pyo’s feelings for Jan Di which form the core of the story as he realizes his love for her. However, winning her over is tougher than he has anticipated. Jun Pyo undergoes his own self evolution from selfish to selfless for the people he loves, and he also finds himself beyond the fetters of his mega rich family name.

Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Jun Pyo’s helplessness and the depth of his feelings for the woman he loved won him fans across the globe. Using the classic “rich boy/poor girl” trope, “Boys Over Flowers” also found its way into popular culture be it the fashion, the dialogues, and even scenes being parodied by many fans.

Start watching “Boys Over Flowers”:

Watch Now

Heirs

Heirs.png

Lonely, rich boy Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) lives away from home in Southern California as per his domineering older brother Won’s (Choi Jin Hyuk’s) wishes. Tan is aware that it is a life in exile, since his brother wants him out of the way, staking his claim to the inheritance. The reticent Kim Tan had accepted his fate until he meets Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye). Eun Sang is in the States to find her absconding sister, who has no intention to take in Eun Sang or return back home. When Kim Tan saves Eun Sang from a sticky situation, sparks fly, and he gathers courage and returns home to Seoul. Destiny plays its cards, and Eun Sang is not only at the same elite school attended by Kim Tan but also happens to be living in his home. Eun Sang is the daughter of the Kim household’s help. Between stolen kisses, there is still hesitation given their situation. And Tan’s best friend-turned-frenemy, Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin), who initially acts cocky with Eun Sang to bug Kim Tan, also falls for her.

“Heirs” is your typical high school fare, weaving in the classic trope of “rich boy/poor girl,” but the drama also delves into the price children pay for being the heirs to their family. Lee Min Ho as the unsure Kim Tan, a far cry from his cocksure Jun Pyo of “Boys Over Flowers,” is endearing. Though it’s hard to imagine Lee Min Ho as anything but confident, the actor gets Kim Tan’s reserved nature and shows his “rebel with a cause” attitude when his love is in danger. And Kim Woo Bin as the quintessential bad guy with a heart of gold is also charming.

Start watching “Heirs”:

Watch Now

Spoiler

The Legend of the Blue Sea

The-Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea.jpg

Conman Heo Jun Jae (Lee Min Ho) is a smooth operator and master of disguise depending on the situation.

However, he is clear about his agenda—it’s always the self-conceited rich hiding secrets who are on his radar.

But things change when he meets the cutely weird Shim Chung (Jun Ji Hyun) in Spain. Shim Chung is totally at sea with everything happening around her, but what Jun Jae does not realize is that she is actually a mermaid, and he has a deep connection with her from a previous lifetime. Shim Chung follows Jun Jae to Spain, and though she has wiped out all memories of their meeting in Spain, Jun Jae cannot shake off the same and finds himself drawn toward her. Jun Jae has also been looking out for his mother and is estranged from his father, and he keeps getting flashbacks as if a past life is repeating again.

A fairytale set in the modern context, “The Legend of the Blue Sea” is worth taking a deep dive into. Lee Min Ho is charismatic and a perfect fit as the mischievous and sharp Jun Jae. On one hand, he is the unapologetic and sardonic jack of all trades, and on the other, he is just a lost boy looking for his mother. And Lee Min Ho manages to get the tone right for both these aspects. Plus Jun Ji Hyun is a riot as Shim Chung—her innate comic timing is the prefect match for Lee Min Ho’s brooding Jun Jae.

Start watching “The Legend of the Blue Sea”:

Watch Now

“The King: Eternal Monarch”

the-king.jpeg

Who can resist a man in a uniform—especially if the man in question is Lee Min Ho! He plays Lee Gon, the King of Korea, who is unable to let go of the trauma of his past. Having witnessed the brutal death of his father as a child, he is scarred. His only memory is of seeing the identity card of a woman named Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) before he is saved. Lee Gon’s interest in quantum physics leads him to discover a portal leading to another world in modern day South Korea. It is here that he encounters Tae Eul, who is a detective in Seoul—she is the woman he is looking for. The inevitable happens as the two get enveloped in a passionate love affair. Lee Gon takes it upon himself to safeguard the woman he loves as he embarks on a journey of portal hopping on the way, manipulating fate and even encountering alter selves of people he knows.

Lee Min Ho’s flamboyant charm in this drama is enough to keep you riveted in an otherwise confusing plot. And the eye candy bromance between him and Woo Do Hwan is absolute fire.

“Pachinko”

pachinko.png

The adaptation of Korean-American author Min Jin Lee’s evocative bestseller “Pachinko” showcases Lee Min Ho in a very different manner. The actor shed his romantic hero image to play Koh Hansu, the dangerously charming yet ruthless yakuza (member of a crime syndicate), who sets off a sequence of turbulent events in the life of the woman he loves Sunja (Kim Min Ha). Hansu is not a man you mess with, but he can be devotedly loyal toward the ones he cares for, even though his methods can be selfish. His obsessive desire for Sunja and the inability to make her his own consume him.

The actor had described his character as a heartbreaking man who does not know any better but is looking for love and redemption in his own way. Lee Min Ho comes out on top with his portrayal of Hansu and is a scene stealer. You love to hate him and hate to love him, and the actor brought a gravitas in showcasing a complex man.

“City Hunters”

City-Hunter.jpg

Lee Min Ho slays again this time in a badass action character. He stars as Lee Yoon Sung, who goes undercover at the Blue House as an IT expert in a bid to follow through with his father’s plan for revenge. Kim Na Na (Park Min Young) is a bodyguard at the Presidential residence. The two form an unlikely alliance after realizing their mission and plans for revenge are similar. What’s better than when comrades turn into lovers and get swept in a passionate love affair?

The show, based on a popular Japanese manga, gained international popularity. Yoon Sung is a man who has an affectionate and optimistic side to him but shrouds his lonely self in his relentless pursuit for justice. Lee Min Ho also has the swag, which makes him a perfect fit for his character.

Start watching “City Hunter”:

Watch Now

• Like 3

https://iconpolls.com/blogs/the-worlds-most-charming-actors-have-been-revealed-see-details

The World's Most Charming Actors Have Been Revealed! See Details

In a highly anticipated global poll conducted by ICONpolls, fans from around the world came together to determine the top three most charming actors. After an intense voting period spanning from May to June, the results are finally in, and Lee Min Ho has emerged victorious, earning the prestigious title of the world's most charming actor.

649f4d7b6dadb_1688161659.png

Lee Min Ho, the beloved South Korean star renowned for his mesmerizing performances and undeniable charisma, has captured the hearts of fans worldwide. With his striking looks and captivating on-screen presence, he has established himself as an international sensation. Lee Min Ho's popularity knows no boundaries, and this latest recognition solidifies his position as an unrivaled force in the entertainment industry.

---- skip unrelated -----

These top three actors' rankings above established Hollywood stars like Tom Holland, Ryan Gosling, and Timothee Chalamet underscore their remarkable appeal and the global admiration they command. The results reflect the immense impact they have made on fans from all corners of the globe.

To celebrate Lee Min Ho's crowning as the world's most charming actor, his achievements were showcased in a spectacular fashion. His image was prominently featured on LED screens in the iconic Times Square, New York City, signifying his remarkable popularity and the unwavering support of his fans.

Lee Min Ho Is The Worlds Most Charming Actor 2023 LED Screen Timesquare

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

It was great to see the results from Icon- it’s wonderful to see how popular he is.

I was amazed to see that the YouTube Roma biscuit video has 27 million viewers. 
It must be the fantasy of seeing him across the table from you when you want to dunk your biscuit!!

Re the foot movements - could it have anything to do with all the surgical  work that he had to have after the terrible road accident. Perhaps he gets cramp because of that. 

Apart from the early days of his success when he appeared in a variety show (think it was called Happy something) I don’t recall him ever taking part in a reality type show so it was a surprise to see him with Lee Seunggi on Brother Ramyun. LMH seems to have so many great friends. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

• Like 4