Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

6 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

This discussion has already happened on TKEM thread but still... which Lee Min-ho drama did you all rewatch during this long week of waiting? :lol: I watched Legend of the Blue Sea! 

BOF - Netflix have put it back on and it’s doing so well I wanted to watch it again and Heirs.

That scene with his brother in the orchard still makes me sad!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, CallieP said:

In English?

@gtLmh0622

These are "The King" special edition aired on Sunday. If you have a Weibo account, you may watch them.

Part 1 (5:03)https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J2u8li6zw?fid=1034:4505924253974553
Part 2 (3:59) https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J2uqPACnc?fid=1034:4505933792083970
Part 3 (29:00) https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J2vvpzsmc?fid=1034:4505934781677589

Did you watch them, Details on what was on the show? Thanks!

Anyone knows if many Koreans watched the special on Sunday? Ratings?

I saw this on a Soompi article:

7. He gets a lot of offers for movie roles from Hollywood but doesn’t think he’s ready to take on that challenge yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/930295wpp/10-things-you-didnt-know-lee-min-ho

So he really did get a lot of offers from Hollywood. That article was Dec 2016. It is 4 years now. Is he finally ready for Hollywood ?  Did he learn English during his MS?  Or maybe he will never be ready :( He is too self-conscious and shy for Hollywood.

Perhaps it will be Bollywood who will be after him as he has become so popular in India!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Episode 11 stills

We're beginning to see different emotions from our calm and regal King  

202005230759358010_3.jpg

202005230759358010_6.jpg

202005230759358010_11.jpg

Spoiler

202005230759358010_5.jpg

202005230759358010_4.jpg

202005230759358010_8.jpg

"The King" Lee Min-ho proved a wide and deeper acting spectrum, leading to all-time emotional changes between tears and rage with extreme charisma.

In the 11th episode of SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: The Lord of Eternity" (written by Kim Eun-sook, directed by Baek Sang-hoon and Jeong Ji-hyun), which aired on the 22nd, Lee Min-ho's colorful emotional acting from extreme sadness to anger was like a storm. While Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) stood up to Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) despite various crises and hardships, Lee Min-ho caught the viewers' attention with his deep acting, which touched down the roller-coaster of emotional lines of the character, from his bitter tears, coldness, to blood rage. In addition, Lee Min-ho's overwhelming presence in rescuing Kim Go-eun, who was kidnapped, showed the power to make us watch the show once again.

# 'Sadness'- The emperor in despair and grief, the bitter tears

From the moment he lost his loyalist and father-like servant to the moment of counterattack, Lee Min-ho excelled in adjusting the height of his emotions that run poles apart, drawing sympathy and interest from viewers. During the funeral of Lee Jong-in (played by Jeon Moo-song) in Booyoung-gun, Lee Gon (played by Lee Min-ho), who had been struggling to hold back tears, finally showed tears while making porridge for Noh Sang-gung (played by Kim Young-ok). The tears burst out due to the deaths and absence of those who filled the void of his parents in the lonely and uneasy imperial palace. Lee Min-ho's sorrowful crying scene made viewers feel sad, as he sat down alone and the tears that he's been trying to hold back finally leaked out. 

# 'Nervous' - Revenge of anger, merciless treatment

Since then, Lee Gon, whose anger has reached a critical point due to Lee Rim's vicious behavior, has further burned his will and punished the remnants of the traitor without mercy. Lee Gon, who found the Eosu Bookstore, the hideout of the rebellion, immediately gathered snipers from the Guard and overpowered the police (Lee Hae-young) and the sprinklers. Kim Ki-hwan, who kept silent about the bookstore, was beheaded, an order the king released for the first time since his ascension, which showed a strong military leader with his cool charisma that kept a firm attitude in the process of wiping out enemies.

# 'The climax' - Rage over Kim Go-eun's kidnapping crisis

However, as soon as he saw the officer's body and found out that he was not from the Empire, his face was distorted with despair with intuition and sighing at the danger of the fall. In the moment of desperation when injured Tae-eul was being chased, Lee Gon miraculously appeared with dozens of troops, including police, mounted squads and the Royal Guards. At this time, Lee Gon, who was angry at the sight of Tae-eul covered in blood, suddenly had a frightening face, and ran towards her with Maximus, giving a heart-warming impression. Lee Min-ho's emotional performance and extreme charisma, which reached its peak, gave a sense of tension and immersion to the last minute, with colorful action, bloodshot eyes, which ended with a hug of Kim Go-eun.

As the episodes continue, Lee Min-ho is proving his broader and deeper acting spectrum by expressing emotions that are different from the characters in dramas he has appeared in so far. As Lee Gon is a three-dimensional figure who has to reveal the change of emotion in restrained expressions and show the world view, Lee Min-ho expresses the emperor's sense of mission with his performance that does not lose weight in words and actions, and at the same time gives justification to the character's actions that lead the narrative.

In the broadcast on this day, Lee Min-ho showed the emperor's dignity with cold charisma without mercy while making viewers' hearts ache with his life. In particular, the heavy acting of balancing emotions, such as despair, sadness, and anger, left a deep afterimage. This is why Lee Min-ho, who is making the parallel world narrative richer based on such meticulousness, is expected to develop "The King" in the future, which seems to be connected organically.

Episode 12 of "The King: The Lord of Eternity" will air at 10 p.m. today (23rd)

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111359087

• Like 7

MYM IG update

The 11th episode, in which a variety of emotional performances, from extreme grief to anger, flooded like a storm! The grief doubled and the tension was added to the merciless punishment. The charismatic ending was the greatest of all time. Let’s wait till 10pm watching the best scenes over and over and be there on time for the drama!

• Like 8

I could never imagined come a day an angry, fiercely looking LMH can be so cool and so sexy. Seeing him in ep11 oh TKEM kind of reminded me of Gangnam Blue.  Make me wants to see him in crime thriller roles next.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, happivirus said:

I could never imagined come a day an angry, fiercely looking LMH can be so cool and so sexy. Seeing him in ep11 oh TKEM kind of reminded me of Gangnam Blue.  Make me wants to see him in crime thriller roles next.

definitely I agree you , I said same yesterday, what a angry man WOW :heart:

This is which country? Do yo know?

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

15M Followers in IG for 142 posts only. Really the Hallyu King , wow!!!

@happyvirus  I saw him 5X here in Manila during his Bench stints. The first one was always the most memorable , I was able to shake hands with him, ahjussi bodyguard is super strict and did not allow high five like Eunsoo and Daejang. He is super handsome in person and  his eyes are sparkling just  like Sim Cheong description. He connects with his audience very well and he's super famous here , I mean no one is able to beat it , the pandemonium , the power of LEEMINHO. There was a time , the last time I saw him (the 5th time) , we're glued to him  while he scanned the audience. Everyone was shouting except us and my friend and he waved at us like:  "hey,  I see  you , why are you not in a fangirl mode?" hahaha because we were really starstruck. I hope he visits us again , but the chance  of holding his hands is impossible now.  I still have the poster  with his signature on it. He gave it to me during our meet and greet session. I like it very much since it features his Daejang look: long curly pony tailed hair, gosh I am feeling like Lee Gon to Tae Eul now! Hajima !!

Edited by Guine
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Guine said:

15M Followers in IG for 142 posts only. Really the Hallyu King , wow!!!

@happyvirus  I saw him 5X here in Manila during his Bench stints. The first one was always the most memorable , I was able to shake hands with him, ahjussi bodyguard is super strict and did not allow high five like Eunsoo and Daejang. He is super handsome in person and  his eyes are sparkling just  like Sim Cheong description. He connects with his audience very well and he's super famous here , I mean no one is able to beat it , the pandemonium , the power of LEEMINHO. There was a time , the last time I saw him (the 5th time) , we're glued to him  while he scanned the audience. Everyone was shouting except us and my friend and he waved at us like:  "hey,  I see  you , why are you not in a fangirl mode?" hahaha because we were really starstruck. I hope he visits us again , but the chance  of holding his hands is impossible now.  I still have the poster  with his signature on it. He gave it to me during our meet and greet session. I like it very much since it features his Daejang look: long curly pony tailed hair, gosh I am feeling like Lee Gon to Tae Eul now! Hajima !!

OMG! I am so envy of you girl.  Yes I remembered he modeled for Bench and was very popular. The crowds were loud and super friendly makes you want to be part of the fun. Oh how I wish he continues to model for Bench,  watching him from afar was such a delight. Glad to hear from your experience and confirmation of his handsomeness. :blush:

• Like 6

An entertainment Weibo account (male fan of LMH) posted this :
https://www.weibo.com/2119540812/J3eg3pBsR?type=repost#_rnd1590226754948

(Rough translation) These three actors are one group in my mind. LMH is younger than 2 others. Every time I watched the works of these 3 actors, I felt they carrying back ground music themselves.

7e55a04cgy1gf26z9afwzj20rm0rmgno.jpg

Spoiler

7e55a04cgy1gf26tr0hlhj20jq0zh7ld.jpg

7e55a04cgy1gf26true84j20s50rgamc.jpg

(If you don't know who the other two actors are, you are very young.  :P I think he's right, these three actors looks handsome and noble with good acting. )

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

An entertainment Weibo account (male fan of LMH) posted this :
https://www.weibo.com/2119540812/J3eg3pBsR?type=repost#_rnd1590226754948

(Rough translation) These three actors are one group in my mind. LMH is younger than 2 others. Every time I watched the works of these 3 actors, I felt they carrying back ground music themselves.

Hide contents

(If you don't know who the other two actors are, you are very young.  :P I think he's right, these three actors looks handsome and noble with good acting. )

I can see the resemblance all very handsome...  who are they? :P  

• Like 2