Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 4/29/2020 at 6:12 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

LMH isn’t very well known in the UK - yet. So I was astonished to find that The Heirs 

is trending here on Netflix UK.  Only BOF, The Heirs and now The King are on Netflix UK so it looks like people are watching The King and then looking for other LMH /KES dramas.

How good is that!

I thought that King was not available in Europe yet so I am surprised that it is playing in UK.  Not many views for King on UK Netflix yet? He is not well-known there?  I thought he was the most popular Korean star in France and also in the Middle East but no information in those countries like we got some from Nigeria and India. If it is playing in the Middle East and Europe, it will be interesting to know the statistics. He is more popular in Asian countries than European countries but I was surprised that he is popular in India and Middle East. I think there is a Middle East Minoz and Mexico Minoz. I wonder how King is trending in Netflix Mexico or S. America or if there is Netflix in Mexico or S. America.

Are you watching King?

• Like 5

On 5/6/2020 at 1:52 AM, scrawford said:

now you are making want to watch faith. Heard so many good things about it, but I’m. It a fan of saeguk drama. I tried watching the 1st episode but felt slow. How was the chemistry between the leads?

I adore Faith and have watched it umpteen times, and I still watch it from time to time.  I was hooked from the get-go. It's when I became a fan of LMH. I thought their chemistry was terrific and it turns out LMH and KHS became good friends in real life. In the BTS clips, they have endless fun teasing each other. There are numerous incredibly sweet scenes, like tracing her profile and when she cried over his wounded hand, that made their slow-growing romance the best I've seen in kdrama. LMH is just wonderful in the series, starting out as a stoic warrior who is almost the living dead from a horrible tragedy in his past and gradually comes alive again as he falls in love with the doctor. There's also a sweet sub-plot of the King and Queen.

It's not everyone's cup of tea. I thought the cast was terrific but the directing and editing were uneven. If you found the first episode too slow, it may not be for you. There is also a fair amount of royal court drama and intrigue so if you can't tolerate that, then again, this may not be for you. Happy watching if you decide to go for it!

P.S. And last and probably least, you get to see LMH in three different longer hairstyles over the course of the series, and he looks gorgeous in all of them!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Just now, CallieP said:

I thought that King was not available in Europe yet so I am surprised that it is playing in UK.  Not many views for King on UK Netflix yet? He is not well-known there?  I thought he was the most popular Korean star in France and also in the Middle East but no information in those countries like we got some from Nigeria and India. If it is playing in the Middle East and Europe, it will be interesting to know the statistics. He is more popular in Asian countries than European countries but I was surprised that he is popular in India and Middle East. I think there is a Middle East Minoz and Mexico Minoz. I wonder how King is trending in Netflix Mexico or S. America or if there is Netflix in Mexico or S. America.

Are you watching King?

Just now, CallieP said:

Hi, just want say that he is also the most popular k actor in my country Ghana, infant i will say he is the only popular k actor here because of BBF and city hunter. As for his popularity,  love him or hate him no one can deny that, I think he is popular in areas where no one knows much about korea that is why fans of some actors and ever actress hate him so much. they all have actors and actresses that they like and praises all the time but deside on hating an actor that has done nothing to them just because he is being true to himself. is it  his fault that he so popular. For instant, yesterday  I was  going through the forums and saw that some fans of an actress were talking negative about the king in the actress forum and i remember one of them from the king forum who always bring about the rating and another fan  of a drama that ended not long ago was praising that drama rating and popularity  when that person always pop-up in the kings forum out of no where to bring about the rating topic. so all this  negative of the drama from those sites that are hating the drama are fans of some actors, actresses and fans other dramas because it is already popular at netflix.

America or if there is Netflix in Mexico or S. America.

Just now, CallieP said:

Are you watching King?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, msdot said:

I adore Faith and have watched it umpteen times, and I still watch it from time to time.  I was hooked from the get-go. It's when I became a fan of LMH. I thought their chemistry was terrific and it turns out LMH and KHS became good friends in real life. In the BTS clips, they have endless fun teasing each other. There are numerous incredibly sweet scenes, like tracing her profile and when she cried over his wounded hand, that made their slow-growing romance the best I've seen in kdrama. LMH is just wonderful in the series, starting out as a stoic warrior who is almost the living dead from a horrible tragedy in his past and gradually comes alive again as he falls in love with the doctor. There's also a sweet sub-plot of the King and Queen.

It's not everyone's cup of tea. I thought the cast was terrific but the directing and editing was uneven. If you found the first episode too slow, it may not be for you. There is also a fair amount of royal court drama and intrigue so if you can't tolerate that, then again, this may not be for you. Happy watching if you decide to go for it!

P.S. And last and probably least, you get to see LMH in three different longer hairstyles over the course of the series, all of which he looks gorgeous in!

You described Faith beautifully. Makes me miss the imja couple and Choi Young so much, I might as well rewatch it after The King. You are right, they had so many sweet scenes. The type where you love them so much that it hurts :bawling:. I wanted to hug both of them badly. Hands down, the sweetest couple I’ve ever watched! 

• Like 5

@zaingh:  It's hard, as a LMH fan, to read negative comments about him particularly when he seems to be a nice, humble person in real life.  I stopped following one of the site I read because there was so many negative comments, even before the drama began.  

@scrawfordwhat @msdot said is so true. LMH looks handsome with long hair.  I, typically, do not like men with long hair, but -probably not surprise--LMH looks good with long hair.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

But Ntzb just doesn't do for LMH they do every Korean celebrity , this is awkward site.They say " there are so many same good comments and so we translete different ones :lol:"but they translate 90% hate comments :lol:This is their general polity , first day there are good comments on Nate about drama ,they don't translate but other days rating didn't rise they started to translate about drama

Other case ,I said this reporter writes everytime bad articles, I read yesterday (about war scene ) Korean fans said " everytime same trash reporter, just ignore it"

This is Youtube channel 

leeminhosny, ye, I know it was from YT, the reason why I said so about "measuring international success" - You also can see that I commented about Netflix since that was a clip from the latter.... :sweatingbullets:

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

Are you watching King?

Hi CalliP, I have no idea how is it faring in that country but the drama is available in Netflix Mexico.  :lol:

10 hours ago, msdot said:

It's not everyone's cup of tea. I thought the cast was terrific but the directing and editing were uneven. If you found the first episode too slow, it may not be for you. There is also a fair amount of royal court drama and intrigue so if you can't tolerate that, then again, this may not be for you. Happy watching if you decide to go for it!

P.S. And last and probably least, you get to see LMH in three different longer hairstyles over the course of the series, and he looks gorgeous in all of them!

Hi msdot, LMH looks very good with long hair. Although, there are plenty of sageuk dramas that don't revolved around "long hair" look. Whatever his hairstyle is, the visuals are simply eye-candy! I must say this : that's his territory & nobody can take that away from him.  :blush:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@zaingh:  It's hard, as a LMH fan, to read negative comments about him particularly when he seems to be a nice, humble person in real life.  I stopped following one of the site I read because there was so many negative comments, even before the drama began.  

@scrawfordwhat @msdot said is so true. LMH looks handsome with long hair.  I, typically, do not like men with long hair, but -probably not surprise--LMH looks good with long hair.

Hi CarolynH, despite of those negative comments, I still think the drama cast "on paper" is very solid casting mix. There are some who would say the leads have amazing chemistry & I'm one of some who differ but, it's a matter of opinion. They say that chemistry is subjective, it is! Even some are repeating their dislike towards the drama again & again , I know all of us have their own opinions. So, I respect them although it hurts inside, breaking my heart..... :o

• Like 2