Gossip Girl Tv Show

Guest JenniFOO

Guest sweet_hunny

Well Blake has definately totally makes me think "Serena" now after I saw this pic of her behind the scenes. She definately looks more the part in this pic here.

serenati2.jpg

Credits: gossipgirlonline.net

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Steph*

at first i wasn't too sure about the casting..

but after watching the promo clips i think it's pretty good.

i just do NOT like the guy cast. especially chuck. he seems like such a loser! he is one in the books too but he exaggerated it so much.

Heard this news a couple of weeks ago, caught the preview and what can I say, I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay excited :w00t:

Been reading GG from the first book and I didn't expect them to actually come out with a series, though I think (after watching the preview), the series won't follow too closely to the book's storyline :/

I mean Nate (in the show) was like waaaay hang up on Serena but he wasn't THAT obsessed with her in the book when she returned right?

And Serena didn't exactly have a relationship (or at least no serious, cos it seems serious from the preview) with Dan right? :/

And where is Vanessa?! Seems like the possibility of Dan & Serena being together is high.

Anyhow, its totally exciting to have GG made into a series. Not very happy with the cast though, Nate looks rather... blah-ish.

Serena looks kinda old for me... I mean Blake Lively is pretty at all but she isn't exactly drop dread gorgeous or stunning.

She doesn't really have the upper-class look like Leighton. She looks more of a girl-next-door. Leighton's brilliant as Blair though, she totally looks the part and considering I've always been rooting for Blair in the book, I'll prob stick with Blair.

Jenny is reeaaaaaaally off. Ooh but Dan looks hot :D

[Edit] Oooh, sweet_hunny that photo of Blair DOES look very Serena-ish! She reminds me of the part in the book where Serena was crying and this guy saw her and decided to name his fragrance after her? Sth to do with her tears, can't exactly rmb. Hopefully you get what I mean, heh. Gosh, Leighton is really gorgeous and she so has that look.

Someone also mentioned that Haley Bennet from Music and Lyrics would make a good Serena, and come to think of it, its kinda true huh.

I mean I haven't seen her in preppy clothes but at least she does look drop dead gorgeous, sigh. The casting is quite screwed up huh.

well i found this pic...it's so pretty...i had my doubts on the casting of nate at first but he has fully grown on me. ^_^ chace and leighton make a beautiful looking couple...

gossip-insidex-large.jpg

blake rocks this one...they have to primp her to make her gorgeous!

image4pj2.jpg

here's a video of the cast doing their promo shoot...chace and leighton ooze chemistry from this video, the show hasn't started yet but i'm a hardcore nate/blair shipper already...i just hope they won't follow the book...

screencapsoi4.jpg

video:click!

Guest -AngelzKiss-

when i first saw the posted pictures... i was kinda iffy 'bout the cast, but then i saw the promo clips and changed my mind.. lol, not too bad.

i'm actually pretty excitied... it better be good! =P

I'm a big fan of Penn Badgley, and I cannot wait to see him act in these series.

I have always found the GG series to be rather shallow and extremely judgmental, so I am going to have to keep somewhat of a "loose" mind while watching lol.

Guest twinkle_l0ve

OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS

but australia wont be shown this til after its been aired in the usa T__T;;

does anyone else think that the girl playing "jenny" should have bigger boobs?!?!?!!?!

lol been watching the trailer over and over so excited :lol:

and chukc bass looks so sleaaazyyy =]

Can't wait for this =D

When does it air exactly? xP

I think Serena and Blair look quite pretty.. But.. Nate doesn't actually look as good as they make him sound in the book.. and Jenny's character is pretty.. messed up.. Isn't she meant to be some short, big-chested, curly-haired brunnette? lol

Guest lilxtiffstah

i don't like the guy playing nate..

i picture nate so much hotter and stuff =P.

dan is perfect. jenny is off too.. i hope they make it gooood

• 2 weeks later...
Guest losborrachos

So Erik van der Woodsen has been aged younger and I think they won't follow the book precisely since they've made changes and for those who read the books, they wouldn't be shocked at some events because they know the details but I think it's pretty cool if they changed some things up and they might even create more juicier plots on tv then the novel series -_-. If he's not gonna hook up with Blair, will he somehow be interested in Jenny Humphrey? I think that might happen.

that's what i thought too... since they're closer in age is erik gonna go for jenny? i mean honestly i prefer that to the whole

nate-jenny

episode they have in the books.

man, i can't believe how good chace and leighton look in some of those pictures. so relieved cos in my head blair and nate have always looked perfect and been perfect together.

Guest JenniFOO

Wow, Serena (I can't remember her real name ;x) looks amazing here. And Nate looks amazing. I agree with you in your earlier post, he's totally grown on me as well. Wow. I'm pretty excited for this show to start. And and I love how you already have a GG banner now! hahaha Blair looks stunning. I think she is completely and utterly gorgeous.

Guest losborrachos

i just realized where i've seen leighton meester before... justine chapin on entourage! man she looked so different with the blonde hair. still hot, though.

Guest mr. lovely

Doesn't Jenny have brown hair?

@__@

I expected Blair and Serene to be prettier.

The cast is already very pretty, when I read the series, I thought Serena would be drop-dead gorgeous.

Guest cho_cho

i bet that show is gonna be great!! i haven't read the book yet, but i saw the previews of the show that is coming on and boy i am excited about this!

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

ohh yay I can't wait till it starts showing! :D

I thought serena would be more breathtaking pretty, but blake lively is still gorgeous (:

jenny's not supposed to be blond D:

Guest uninfatuated

saw the previews on tv and it looks interesting. i was wondering though, once it starts air, will they rerun it in the same week? school is starting and the homework load is crazy so i would prefer to watch it on a weekend instead of a school night.

if they don't do reruns (becuase i think only MTV reruns the previous show before it airs) i'll just record it.

Archived