Gossip Girl Tv Show

Guest JenniFOO

I'm almost done with the pilot, and overall, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it'll have plenty of room for improvement.

Gorgeous cast, gorgeous setting, (I'm a New Yorker, so it was great seeing an actual New York location, I was getting tired of the 'Friends' and 'Will and Grace' backdrops in other shows), but the acting was luke. And some of the lines were sooooo cheesy. I mean, really. High schoolers do not talk like that, no matter how wealthy of a socialite they are.

Blah. I have episode 2 to judge.

And Serena's isn't pretty, but she has a mysterious aura and charm about her. I like that. =)

And of course, I'm a Penn Badgley fan. There's something so sexy about his look. Nate has nice eyes, but he's...meh. Haha.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bigfatPANDA

watching the pilot, i was a bit disappointed.

of course, the book is usally better than the show/movie, and it's true once again.

and the casting is a bit weird, considering taht they're supposed to be high schoolers but look really old.

AND JENNY IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE DOUBLE D'S. that's why Chuck hits on her. blahh. haha. i want her to have double d's jeeez. XD

and where is the older brother of serena? i'm sad that there was a kid instead of some hot older guy.

dan should also be more emooo. with emo hair and stuff. well, that's how i want him to be. XD

Nate turned out not so hot ):

the acting so far.. isn't that great. but i'm interested.

and i hate how super rushed the pilot was. i think the sex scene came up a little too fast and a little too unexplained. personally you would have to have read the book to enjoy this series more. XD so i don't' know how the viewers who haven't read the book will take it~~

Guest classychic

^that was what i was thinking too with jen, she didn't look like she had a double d size.

i hope they didn't completely screw the book and they do better on the next episodes.

For some reason, I've always had a problem with WB shows (well, now CW), especially the latest ones that come out. The previews are always very interesting and I guess, it hypes you up to want to watch it, but then it flops. Like The Bedford Diaries that starred Milo Ventimiglia. It was really eye-catching and everything but then it flopped. And I'm hoping that Gossip Girls will last too but so far, there's no "it" factor. By "it" factor, I mean something that just instantly makes you want to eagerly wait for the next episode (for me: Ugly Betty, House, Heroes, The Office, Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy - and I really don't like Grey's Anatomy). THIS IS JUST MY OPINION SO PLEASE DON'T BASH! :)

And I agree with a few that said that Serena looks a bit old. I thought she looked a lot younger in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Weird.

Guest losborrachos

people, can we please stop whining about how different it is from the books and start focusing on the series itself?? the truth is no adaptation can be 100% true to the original source and still be good, otherwise what's the point of an adaptation? there's probably 10 writers working on the script and at this point, there's really nothing we can do... frankly i'm tired of reading "jenny needs to have a double d" or "why are the parents in this?" and if we don't stop this now, it's gonna happen every single episode (e.g. "blair's supposed to wear an oscar de la renta suit" or "the book says dan takes a breath there")

i liked it. i've never read the books as a kid so i didn't have any high expectations from the series.

i didn't know Serena was the girl from Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.

she kinda looks like a young cate blanchett here in GG.

the pilot didn't do so well ...

Over at the CW was the season-premiere of its crown jewel, America’s Next Top Model, at a healthy 5.15 million viewers (#4) and a 2.5/ 8 among adults 18-49 (#3t) from 8-9 p.m. One year earlier (the CW’s first official night), was the two-hour season opener of Top Model at a very similar 5.26 million viewers and a 2.6/ 7 in the demo. But disappointing for the CW was the premiere of lead-out Gossip Girl (a Mr. TV pick) at a last-place 3.65 million viewers and a 1.7/ 4 among adults 18-49 from 9-10 p.m. Comparably, that put retention for Gossip Girl out of Top Model at just 71 percent in total viewers and 68 percent among adults 18-49.

source

i never read the book, but after watching the first episode, i'd say it was okay. There were some parts that were quite a bore...and kinda cheesy. I'm not feeling Serena's character on how the way she acts...like it isn't convincing or something *shrugs*. But i have to say she is pretty cute.

I'll be looking forward for the second episode, hopefully it'll make me like it hehe.

but dang that narrator voice irks me so much....gahhh....what can we do lol

alrighty i recorded on wedneday night and i finally watched it today

i never read any of the books so i thought the first episode was pretty good

but all i can say is dan is hot!

reading all your comments..i wanna go read the books now

wow i just looked up penn badgley on google

Attended Charles Wright Academy in Tacoma, Washington.

that's a private school like 2 minutes driving distance from my house!! that's frickin crazy..

i used to run down there to run laps on their track ><

i just finished watching it.. i actually love it!!!!! i havent read the book tho' so i can't compare which is better.

anyway, i'm so in love with dan humphrey. he reminds me of alex karev from grey's anatomy.

i can't wait to watch next week's episode.

and i hate how super rushed the pilot was. i think the sex scene came up a little too fast and a little too unexplained. personally you would have to have read the book to enjoy this series more. XD so i don't' know how the viewers who haven't read the book will take it~~

Definitely. I thought it was too rushed. My neighbors that watched were like "Why did Serena sleep with her friend's boyfriend?" I didn't read the book so I just guessed she was either drunk or the drugs got to her.

people, can we please stop whining about how different it is from the books and start focusing on the series itself?? the truth is no adaptation can be 100% true to the original source and still be good, otherwise what's the point of an adaptation? there's probably 10 writers working on the script and at this point, there's really nothing we can do... frankly i'm tired of reading "jenny needs to have a double d" or "why are the parents in this?" and if we don't stop this now, it's gonna happen every single episode (e.g. "blair's supposed to wear an oscar de la renta suit" or "the book says dan takes a breath there")

Agreed. I'm very tired with the complaints. It's never going to be perfect like how the book described them. I'm sure there was a reason why Jenny doesn't have double D's in the series. It's just the first episode, we can't really judge anything yet until we see more of the series. So watch it with an open mind, not closed and be like "but they missed this from the book!" or whatever.

I never read the book, but the premiere actually held my interest long enough for me to promise to stick around, till it gets annoying, of course.

I guess in terms, of plot, it's not different than many of the other teen dramas out there. I find it so much alike to Popular, The OC (well, duh), or Clueless. Personally, I LOVE Blake Lively here. She's the ultimate ideal IT girl, hugely popular, amazingly pretty, rich, but still so nice to other people. But I'm gonna have to agree that she does look older, and it doesn't help that she's a tall girl, which somehow translates into maturity. Random, but that's how it is. Dan, I LOOOOVE Dan. Tho our tastes differ, it's just confusing to me if you say he's ugly, cause he's very good looking. Certainly not the good looking kind of what's his face Blaire's boyfriend (which I found is too 90s, thus boring), but he's the odd one, and the odd one is usually much more interesting. Am definitely rooting for Serena and Dan.

The first episode kinda made me want to read the series. Hopefully, soon.

Guest rainbowfull.

im so EXCITED forthis :]

i have to say, i think Dan is really hot. and chuck. and nate.

AHHAHA.

can anyone UP this noncb?

the cw site is lagging wayy much.

hah.

I really like the first episode so far so I'm going to keep watching.

I haven't read the book so I can't compare.

But so far the male casts are pretty hot.

I hope this series will turn out to be great.

Like someone else mention before, it reminds me of the O.C. a little bit but I hope it won't turn out like the O.C. lol

I'll keep watching ^^

Guest dbsk_star

ahh im soo sad that i missed it this week, seriously didnt have time to watch it

and i dont think i will ever have time cause i have tutoring that time and day T_T

where can i watch it online??????????

Guest makemyday

people, can we please stop whining about how different it is from the books and start focusing on the series itself?? the truth is no adaptation can be 100% true to the original source and still be good, otherwise what's the point of an adaptation?

i am TOTALLY with you on this one.

why would anyone want the duplicate of the book anyways?

i'm WANTING the show to be different from the book haha.

wow i just looked up penn badgley on google

that's a private school like 2 minutes driving distance from my house!! that's frickin crazy..

i used to run down there to run laps on their track ><

penn badgley attended charles wright?

SHOOOT. thats like 10 minutes from my house too.

cant believe someone so hot was living within 10 minutes distance of me...

Guest uninfatuated

ahh im soo sad that i missed it this week, seriously didnt have time to watch it

and i dont think i will ever have time cause i have tutoring that time and day T_T

where can i watch it online??????????

there are reruns of both top model and gossip girl on sundays. gossip girl will be on at 8PM tomorrow (sunday) on CW. hope that helps. :lol:

watched the show, it was okay. not entirely hooked on it but i think i convinced myself more to like it (who knows). i read the summary/character lists on wikipedia and the books seem so...scattered? like the people go off to do different things etc. i like the characters more on the show rather than how they sound in the book. of course i'm not going to compare it to the show (because i haven't read the books) but i think that if the show focused more on the group of characters and their interactions with one another rather than certain plot lines in the book series then it might be a promising show. hopefully it won't fall apart in the end just because they ran out of stuff to write about and it just gets bad. <_<

we'll just wait and see.

oh, and someone mentioned that gossip girl's voice was annoying, it's actually kristin bell's voice. i guess she's narrating the whole series now. cool.

Guest babymarzy07

im a fan of the books till about book8... the show looks interesting, i love the girl who plays blair so pretty. anyone know where i can dl this?

Archived