Gossip Girl Tv Show

Guest JenniFOO

Guest sweet_hunny

GG's Pilot of course is different from the OC. Just because they have the same creator doesn't mean it's sterotyped although it is about the Upper East side Manhattan socialites.

Hmm is it me or do I think Blair and Dan look really cute together (no no I'm not a shipper) because Leighton and Penn did a bit of Teen Vogue and they looked HOT!

leightonpennlk1.jpg

leightonpenn2jk6.jpg

^ Haha Penn made me giggle a lot when I saw that :lol:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest makemyday

DARN.

i missed the beginning half.

blair is so good... at being blair.

hmm.

tell me why dan humphrey is the hottest guy on this show

and nate is not?

(penn badgley SORT OF reminds me of alex from grey's anatomy in the picture on the first page)

Guest hanhniee

This is going to be my new favorite show!

Leighton only fits the image of Blair when she is dressed up, otherwise she looks frumpy and average in some of the scenes and previews (e.g. the church scene and some pictures posted). I agree that Serena could be more gorgeous, but Blake has this mysterious aura to her look. I am not really complaining on Blake fitting the description or not because they completely dressed her down in the first episode. Her look might change in the following episodes as we start to see some flattering outfits, dramatic makeup and nice hairstyles on her too.

Penn won me over from the very beginning. I am glad that Dan's character is not portrayed as it is in the book. Nate should be hotter, but I think Chace's looks and acting will also grow on me as the series progresses. As of right now, I do not find Ed attractive; his looks are average, but the Chuck character just ruins his overall attractiveness. Maybe if Chuck lost the whole "Harry Potter" and "British" look (the hair kills it), then it won't be as bothersome.

Thanks traceycutie for the upload on clubbox. Hopefully you continue to record all the episodes and provide us with donwload links. I might just buy the Gossip Girl Season DVD to support the show.

logo_1.jpg

Episode 1: Pilot

Download at

http://clubbox.co.kr/twoasone

AHHH thank you so much for uploading to Clubbox. I hope you'll be able to in the future as well! I can't use BitTorrent in college and I probably won't get a chance to steal the TV

OMG I can already tell this is going to be my new ADDICTION.

I've never even read the books, but this looks VERY good.

Plus I've liked Blake Lively since Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and I love her character Serena even more!

and wow Blair. WHAT A BIIIITCH! I will love hating her haha

and CHUCK. wow. what a horndog.

i am in love with Penn Badgley.

also Ed Westwick is amazing.

so can't forget about Chace Crawford too.

Ahhhh, the second I saw Penn at the train station, I was like,"WOW, who is THAT?!" By the end of the episode, I was in love with him, haha. Ed's character is such a bastard, but he's...interesting. I really wonder what else he's capable of doing. Hopefully he never successfully rapes someone, eek.

I need to get my hands on the first book at the library before other people get the same idea, lol...or maybe I should just buy it. Hmm.

Guest losborrachos

HAH! I CALLED IT FIRST! i knew they're gonna have something going on between serena's mom and rufus (who, btw, is still hot)... and erik and jenny, ohh i can smell it a mile away (they're gonna look adorable together).

overall i think at this point ppl need to stop focusing on the changes they make to the novels. yes, i LOVE the series too, but there's really nothing we can do and it's only understandable that they'll need to make adjustments. the crux of the story is still there, i'm happy enough that they're keeping vanessa.

there are some changes i actually like. for example, i like that erik actually has something going on in his life rather than just appearing once in a while looking alskdjalskdjaklhotlikehell. i also really like that we have the parents' side of the story, which i predicted would happen since this is after all a josh schwartz series...

for what it is, i think it's off to a GREAT start. if there's one criticism i have it's the abundance of copyrighted songs that they try to fit in there. i mean, it's gossip girl right, not trl (which is funny cos i don't even think trl has that many songs). another thing, and this is more of a personal reaction, i feel like i should root for serena at this point, which feels odd since reading the books i rooted for blair since the very first page. i don't know, i hope we see more of blair rather than just her b1tchy side in the future.

I watch it yesterday and I love it!

I read all books this summer because I heard of the show and thanks to another soompier...XD

Penn is so hawt....I prefer him out of the other two guys.... well, I do like the british guy too but not as much as Penn. XD I guess after I saw John Tucker Must Die I really liked him. <3

Guest mz simmonz

new guilty pleasure!! (my old guilty pleasure was Laguna Beach hahaa)

I am kind of creeped out by how incredibly sleeeezy Chuck is...up to the point where its vomit-inducing. I dont like how the pilot seems to cast a negative light on the way Blair feels towards Serena and how Serena seems like the heroine of the show? I mean she had sex with her best friend's boyfriend..even if they're "frenemies" that is a sl*tty backstabbing thing to do. Can't wait for the next episode though =D

Guest rain_drops

i'm so ridiculously disappointed with the pilot.

same here. i guess i expected too much. im disappointed with the characters too. it seems as if the actors don't really fit them either. jenny is not suppose to be stick skinny with flat chest. nate is not that attractive. if i had to choose one guy to be stuck in earth with, it'd be dan not nate! serena's brother looks way too young. the narrator's voice is creepy. but i guess i'll have to deal with since they can't make things exactly the same as the book. on the other hand, it is a little better now that i could actually "see" the characters instead of imagining them :D

Guest smileforgrace

traceycutie, thank you SOOOO much for uploading the pilot! You made my day! :)

Although many people complained about the narration in the background, I think it's necessary...

Because that's how the book is told... through gossipgirl and I personally don't mind it, since the books are written that way.

I think the actress who plays Jenny talks WAY too fast.

I was like O_o during her dialouges.

I like Blake as Serena. Can't wait to see more of the show! ^^

Was there a preview for next week's episode?

P.S: Chuck's such a jerk!!!

Guest Awkward Smile

is it me? but I feel the R&B music doesn't really suit the show..haha

they played Angels and Airwaves too,

which made me laugh because my brother loves them and i've always called them a wuss band,

hence being on a show like gossip girl.

Guest krazyxdreamer

OMG LOVE THIS SHOW :)

man dan is so EFFING HOT!

the actor playing nate is really HOT in real life but on the show hes not that hot.

well cant wait for next week, i really hope this doesnt turn out like the oc. i loved the oc in the beginning but then it started to get boring and stupid.

love love this show already cant wait :)

Guest cannedpeaches

blake lively doesn't look good in this show....she looked a lot better in sisterhood of the travelling pants.

penn badgley is so damn hot. he kind of reminds me of james franco

umm well. i have the biggest bias against this tv show, but still, its so off from the book. jenny is like the complete opposite, and was it just me or was there a little bit too much interaction between her and dan, i was like .. awkward the whole time. i hate how teh parents have such bigger roles than in the book, its suppose to be like these kids are living in Manhattan and ruling the place, not their parents and their limitations. i don't think the series does the book any justice. i thought the pilot wasn't even that good, sex, drugs, and etc, it just wasn't that entertaining to me. i love how they completely screwed the book over, in the book nate and chuck aren't even friends, and in the book chuck is well, its hard to tell if hes gay or straight, but hes like hitting on every girl in the pilot. so ironic.

Archived