Gossip Girl Tv Show

Guest JenniFOO

Guest JenniFOO

excited much? :D
Official promotional stills from the 'Gossip Girl' TV show

Based on the popular book series of the same name, this drama gives viewers a peek into the world of privileged teenagers on an elite private school in New York City. The story is written by The O.C.'s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, and directed by Mark Piznarski who has worked on series like Everwood and Veronica Mars.

Surface's Leighton Meester and Accepted's Blake Lively have taken the lead roles in this drama series. They will play Blair and Serena respectively, rich Manhattan rivals at a private school in New York. The last additions to this new CW drama are Misconceptions Taylor Momsen, The Covenant's Chace Crawford and The Bedford Diaries's Penn Badgley. Their characters are Momsen as Jenny a 14 year-old and shy girl, Nate the good looking boyfriend of Blair, and Dan the secret admirer of Serena.

E-Ring's Kelly Rutherford and The Jury's Florencia Lozano have both been cast as the mothers of lead roles Serena and Blair. Rutherford will play the mother of Serena van der Woodsen (Lively's character), a former ballerina and rock groupie. Meanwhile Lozano was cast as Eleanor Waldorf the mother of Blair Waldorf (Meester's character). World Trade Center's Conner Paolo has been cast as Serena's brother, Eric van der Woodsen, Afterlife's Ed Westwick has been cast as Chuck Bass, and Brothers and Sisters' Matthew Settle has been cast as Jenny and Dan's father, Rufus Humphrey.

blakeserena.jpgblair.jpg

nate.jpgchuck.jpg

jenny.jpgdan.jpg

rufus.jpgdarla.jpg

cast.jpg

scene1.jpgscene2.jpg

scene4.jpgkatiisabel.jpg

scene3.jpg

Clips from the show:

Thanks tracycutie!

So what do you guys think? I'm pretty interested in seeing how they portray the books onto TV. I admit, reading GG is a guilty pleasure. lol I'm okay with the actors and actresses they chose to play out the characters. Its just Jenny & Nate's that I'm not down with. The rest of the boys are cute though :)

Credits 1, 2, The CW, photobucket & I for uploading

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest a Kismet Moment

Oh my!!

This looks sooo good already.

I think the casting of Blair, Serena, and Dan are PERFECTTT.

But I don't quite agree with Jenny. Doesn't she have um Double Ds? :lol: And also, I always envisioned her to be innocent and vulnerable. This chick looks like she has an edge to her or something. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch to really judge.

AND WHAT THE HECK AT NATE???? He's supposed to be A&F model yumminess!!!

Guest steph*funny

Whoa, Blake Lively...I remember her from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants :D Ahah I admit I liked these books at one stage of my life :vicx: Oh and the guy playing Nate looks possessed in the pic.

Guest xiaochingu.

haha..this show is gonna be so dramatic

i didnt expect the cw to take the show though....

i havent kept up with the series...

and nate is uglier than i expected...

dan.....looks not as smart as i expected...

and jenny...well the book describes her to be BIG boobed or something...

and i always pictured her with drak hair...

but this jenny looks really pretty...

im not sure about other people..but when i read the book

i tend to get super pissed at the characters..theyre just so MEAN to eachother...

their world almost seems surreal to me...

anyways..i cant wait for the show!

Guest JenniFOO

Yeah, I expected something different out of Jenny. Like you guys said, the book described her to have a pretty voluptuous figure, but TV Jenny looks so petite and...not so voluptuous. lWhen I read the book, I pictured Jenny to be a bit chunkier, with curly dark hair and again, big boobs. And she looked really innocent and kind of naive. But TV Jenny looks like shes cut out for the real world. lol But who knows, maybe the actress will surprise us.

& Nate. Geh. I pictured him to be much better looking. For some reason, I pictured a Jesse McCartney with darker & a little bit longer hair.

I think Dan is such a cutie. But I've always imagined him to be a bit more scruffier. lol

The girl that's playing Blair is absolutely perfect in my eyes. Pretty much exactly how I'd imagine her. And shes so gorgeous! So pale. haha And Blake is perfect for Serena too. I loved her in Accepted :)

& Rufus. Man. For a sort of old guy, he's pretty darn handsome haha

Guest ohhreallynow

I can't wait to see it

I AM A HUGE FAN of GG

more like addicted I have gotten multiply copies of each book

What makes me sad is that there is no more GG books, book 12 is the last

*sobbes*

i just hope they do the books justice, when ifirst heard news about this .. i was like woah .. they wanted to cast lindsay lohan, but im kinda happy with the casting, its alright ..

Guest dolce.vita

I'm excited! :)

Even though I haven't read the books, lol :sweatingbullets: but my friend told me about them..

When does it air?

wahh? really? lmao. seems interesting (: i've read, i think 3 of the books (?). haha. i'm quite excited to watch this. i'll be looking out for this show (: when and where does this air? in the CW? anyways, thanks for sharing this information jenniFOO (:

Guest losborrachos

emm not so excited... i've followed the book since it first came out but i think i've outgrown it (esp. since ghostwriters came in)... and they're changing so many things from the book and omit characters that i actually like, so...

i'm still hoping it'll turn out good... i think the casting's pretty good, aside from the fact that erik's supposed to be the hottest guy in the world and now he's a little kid...

Guest cannedpeaches

i think they cast serena right, but blair doesn't look bitchy or sophisticated enough. and nate does not look hot!! wasn't that actor (chace crawford) in the covenant? he looked reallly hot there

Guest losborrachos

btw, is the book finished yet? i wonder what happened...i'm only upto book 7...

so the series with blair and serena have ended (terrible, terrible, terrible ending) with book 11... there's gonna be a prequel book later this year... and then the gossip girl series will have all-new characters, like some triplets or something...

Guest foowdx3

wow im actually wanting to see this. i always thought they should make a tv series/movie out of this. i <33 blake lively and i think she'd be a good serena (although she lacks the biotchness) blair waldorf is PERFECT! jenny...eh not so much. i agree w/aaclove; her boobs aren't big enough. hahahaha anyways can't wait to check this out :]]

--EDIT

OMG I JUST REALIZED THAT THE GUY PLAYING DAN HUMPHREY IS FROM JOHN TUCKER MUST DIE!!! "THE OTHER TUCKER" ahaha. gahhh! he was sooo nice in that movie :]] even more excited now!!

Archived