Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

Kang Ji Hwan, unfamiliar with the new concept of V live broadcast, summons agency staff and press
translated by Pechumori
3/26/16

20160326175151031rdpn.jpg

Actor Kang Ji Hwan evoked laughter when he tried the new concept, V live broadcast.

Kang Ji Hwan went on his first live broadcast via the portal site Naver's V live channel on March 26. He talked to his fans through his own mobile phone.

He talked for a short time, but the conversation progressed and the musical group was already laughing. Suddenly, he called out and showed the agency staff and teased her by saying "This is our PR team director. She assured me that it would not be awkward." She then ran away.

In addition, a reporter who visited the scene was suddenly asked by the actor to appear with him, thus arousing laughter. Kang Ji Hwan was embarrassed and said "This is my first live broadcast. I will work harder for the next live broadcast."

It was a short time, but Kang Ji Hwan's easygoing and friendly personality can be seen on live TV.

Kang Ji Hwan will play the leading role in the new MBC Monday to Tuesday drama "Monster". It is scheduled to have its first broadcast this March 28.

credit: http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20160326175151082

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kang Ji Hwan "Third time working with Sung Yuri, each time feels new"
translated by Pechumori
3/27/16

20160327_1459034069_90765200_1.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan was referring to his meeting with Sung Yuri.

The main leads of the new Monday and Tuesday MBC drama "Monster", Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yuri, Park Ki Woong and Soo Hyun will have an interview in the show "Section TV Entertainment News" which will air on March 27.

"Monster" which is about the revenge of a man who has been deprived of his family and his life due to the conspiracy of a big power group, will have its first broadcast this coming March 28.

Kang Ji Hwan showed his affection for Sung Yuri by saying "This is the third time that I've worked with Sung Yuri, and every time it feels new." Then, they disclosed an episode being filmed from the studio, where Kang Ji Hwan warmly led the group dinner.

Meanwhile, Kang Ji Hwan showed strong confidence that "Monster will occupy the first place in the audience ratings of the Monday and Tuesday drama slot".

Meet the main leads of "Monster" on "Section TV" Entertainment news which will air on March 27 at 3:45 pm.

credit: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=879546

Precious birthday with Kang Ji Hwan "This Lovely Day"
first of 2 parts
translated by Pechumori
3/31/16

The first broadcast of the MBC drama "Monster" was aired last March 28, and the image of an intense actor, Kang Ji Hwan, from the first scene was overwhelming. Prior to the drama's broadcast, Kang Ji Hwan celebrated his birthday last March 26 in a special birthday party in Seoul with the fans. Xportsnews was there together at the scene!

1459383402227_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Before meeting with the fans, we met Kang Ji Hwan in the waiting room. He is being made up in order to meet with the fans in a more handsome appearance.

1459383417311_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

In the meantime, he does not put down the cue sheet away from his hand. If I did not see Kang Ji Hwan, I would not believe without any reason. What enthusiasm!

1459383506323_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Agency juniors like Lim Ji Yeon and Lee Dong Hwi, and the family of "Monster" such as Sung Yuri, Park Ki Woong, Soo Hyun gave congratulatory messages to celebrate Kang Ji Hwan's birthday. Actor Kang concentrated on the messages of his colleagues.

1459383520424_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

"Happy Birthday!", he is pleased with the message. He cannot conceal his happiness. A father full of smiles!

1459383547910_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Kang Ji Hwan did not hide that his heart is throbbing in meeting his fans after a long time. Particularly, the special meaning of celebrating together his precious birthday. Furthermore, many fans from China, Japan as well as Korea, have taken a valuable step to see Kang Ji Hwan. It is also the dignity of a Hallyu star!

"I celebrated my birthday a few days ago. Unfortunately, in the airplane. When we arrived, my birthday was finished already. But, fortunately, I have time to celebrate with many fans. Adjustment period to the drama at the time of my birthday is slightly hard, but being together with many fans, I think I should work hard."

1459383561117_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Now, Kang Ji Hwan is ready to meet the fans!

1459383579299_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Who is this cute dog with Kang Ji Hwan? It is not the companion dog of Kang Ji Hwan that all his fans know of. It is a stuffed dog made by a fan. I think he is that reliable even with a real dog.

1459383600379_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

I feel the energy of the fans in my whole body ~~

1459383622212_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Meeting with fans for the first time after a long while, Kang Ji Hwan's smile has been never-ending.

1459383635317_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Guys, it's this one! The patented smile that has captivated Asia.

1459383655414_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

The V sign too, charisma is overflowing.

1459383672571_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Let's talk about your latest update! Only as much as two projects, the movie shot in Bali and discussing the behind story of "Monster" reveals a tremendous presence, Kang Ji Hwan! What business, my man!

"Monster is the latest version of revenge in 2016. It has an interesting narration and sophisticated visuals, and we're trying new things too. I may be partially biased to "Monster" which is a 50 episode series, but other revenge dramas are heavy and dark. Different age groups can enjoy this bright drama that co-exists with the dark.

1459383694298_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Work following the introduction! He is worried because there were some post-it notes with questions from fans and he must choose carefully. Who is the owner of good luck?

credit: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000592515

*to be continued*

Precious birthday with Kang Ji Hwan "This Lovely Day"
conclusion
translated by Pechumori
3/31/16

1459383712422_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Oppa was happy to answer the questions and the fans got free hugs.

1459383732506_99_20160331175105.jpg?type

Taking photos with fans! #Kang Ji Hwan #sweet #happy

1459383805645_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
The so-called "post-it removal" game was carried out. Actor Kang explained the game, that he is supposed to use his whole body to remove every piece. Full of passion.

%252525EA%252525B0%25252595%252525EC%252
The whole site was filled with laughter as actor Kang passionately demonstrates how to use his whole body in removing the papers. Get off~~ !!!

%252525EA%252525B0%25252595%252525EC%252
He is not dancing. He is taking the paper off. Kang Ji Hwan has the flexibility of girl bands.

1459383943969_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
And now the day's finale! They showed an emotion filled video featuring Kang Ji Hwan's fans and colleagues from around the world. In addition, fans worked together to prepare gifts.

1459383955230_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
Kang Ji Hwan and the cake are synchronized 100%!! Beautiful thing!! Full of love!!!

1459383968358_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
Actor Kang wore the party hat and was touched. Tears are likely to overflow.

1459383982739_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
The actor expresses joy through his whole body.

1459383995530_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
It looks great when he wore the gifts from fans.

1459384014395_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
After receiving the gift from the fans, Kang Ji Hwan prepared a song as a gift too.

1459384144405_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
Lastly, the final touch is walking together with Komuru. Everyone had a great time ~  Go carefully! It was full of love, a delightful, "Lovely Day". Kang Ji Hwan and his fans had time to cherish each other, Kang Ji Hwan and his fans will not forget that it was a lovely birthday!

1459384169973_99_20160331175105.jpg?type
After the fan meeting, Kang Ji Hwan conveyed a greeting to the viewers who will love "Monster" in the future.
"I really want to thank you for the long wait. I came back with a wonderful drama, 'Monster'. ha ha. Let me reward you with the drama. It is a long work, I'll be doing it for half a year. I will work hard in the shooting so that you will have a happy Monday and Tuesday."

credit: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000592515

As if meeting Ji Hwan ssi wasn't enough, I got the chance to hold his hand and walk on stage
Fan account narrated by Alicia Abeleda Arogo
written by Pechumori
video credit: Vicky Pascua

Sounds like a dream, right? Well, it is a dream...a dream come true.

My name is Alice and I'm from the Philippines. I've been a fan of KJH since early 2015 and just like everyone else, it was my wish to meet him in person. So, when I learned that he was having a birthday party fan meeting in Korea, I asked around as to how I can purchase tickets, not only for me, but for two other Filipina friends of mine who are also fans of KJH namely Celia Guinto and Vicky Pascua. Luckily, we were able to buy tickets through the help of the admins of KJH club and Kanghamsa.

It was our first time to attend KJH's fan meeting and so we had to prepare a lot of things. We had T-shirts printed with his face on it to serve as our "uniform". We bought a framed metal embossed image of the famous vehicle from the Philippines, the "jeepney" as our gift and souvenir for Ji Hwan ssi, a shawl for his mother and some Philippine food delicacies for the staff of Kanghamsa.

Though it was already spring in Korea when we arrived, it was very cold. The seats we got for the fan meeting were third from the last row, we thought it would be impossible to get a good glimpse of Ji Hwan ssi's face. We took pictures but they were all blurry, since we were so far away from the stage.

The program proceeded but everything was in Korean or Japanese, since most of the fans were from Japan. There was no English interpreter, so we were at a loss as to what was happening most of the time.

There were several games that were held, the contestants were being picked by raffle. In one game, my number got called. Surprise, surprise! The MC asked where I was from and I spoke to him in English and told him that I'm from the Philippines. It seems like Ji Hwan ssi wanted the Japanese interpreter to translate what I was saying, but she didn't do it. Perhaps, she is not that fluent in English.

So, going back to the game, there were five of us who got chosen. The three who will win will have the chance for any of the following: to stare at KJH for 5 seconds face to face, to hold his hand while walking on stage and lastly a hug from KJH. I won the second one, and I did not even know I did. Because of the language barrier, I was still shaking off the post-its attached to my body, just like what KJH did earlier, and the MC mentioned the word "Champion" to inform me that I already won.

The MC later explained and demonstrated to me what my prize was and of course I was so happy about it, I even jumped for joy. KJH walked up to me, took my hand and we started walking around the entire stage. His hand was so soft, I felt intimidated. He was even more handsome in person than on screen. He looks younger than his age. Then it ended and I left the stage.

That was my most memorable experience in the Fan Meeting. It was a short but sweet encounter with my idol and was more than what I had wished for. Thank you for reading my story. ^^

Congratulations @AliciaA and thank you for sharing the story. You really deserve to have this chance of a lifetime with KJH.  I'm very happy for you! :D

Kang Ji Hwan side, "Took a break after symptoms of gastroenteritis, has no health problems"
translated by Pechumori
4/14/16

기사의 0번째 이미지

In connection with the emergency room incident of Kang Ji Hwan, his management agency said "he has no health problems while shooting."

An official from Sim Entertainment, Kang Ji Hwan's management agency, said "Recently, Kang Ji Hwan was taken to the emergency room due to symptoms of gastroenteritis. He only stayed in the emergency room that Sunday morning, after taking a break, he was feeling better."

He added "We came out to say that there is no health problem. There is nothing to worry about even if he continues shooting."

Earlier, a news agency reported that "Kang Ji Hwan was rushed to the hospital emergency room while filming the MBC drama Monster."

Meanwhile, Kang Ji Hwan, with his passionate performance is playing the role of the hero Kang Ki Tan in the MBC revenge drama "Monster" which is about a man who  has been deprived of his family and life due to the conspiracy of a huge power group.

http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=272035&year=2016&refer=portal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...first time to post here... :heart::heart:

After serial of revenge dramas ( Incarnation of Money, Big Man and Monster ), i miss KJH to do another romance and melodrama like 90 Days, Falling In Love Days...and if the leading lady will be Kim ha neul again, i'll be on cloud 9 then... :blush::blush:

Just can't get enough with their sparkling chemistry be it on 90 Days or My Girlfriend is An Agent... :wub::wub::wub:

90Days.Time.to.Love.E11.061220.HDTV.720p

MyGirlfriendisanAgent1_zps8agyw8rc.jpg

On 4/27/2016 at 6:50 PM, badsmuler said:

Hi all...first time to post here... :heart::heart:

After serial of revenge dramas ( Incarnation of Money, Big Man and Monster ), i miss KJH to do another romance and melodrama like 90 Days, Falling In Love Days...and if the leading lady will be Kim ha neul again, i'll be on cloud 9 then... :blush::blush:

Just can't get enough with their sparkling chemistry be it on 90 Days or My Girlfriend is An Agent..

Welcome to the thread @badsmuler. Kim Ha Neul just got married recently. Maybe they could work again together, sometime in the future.

Kang Ji Hwan has recently opened an Instagram account. This is his profile picture. Follow him at this link:
https://www.instagram.com/kangjihwan__/

13178673_1018540094848868_82123366488592

Thank you for your warm welcome, @pechumori... :heart::heart:

I'm very late to realize KJH potential as an actor even though i've already knew him through " Be Strong, Geum Soon " which i like...after i watch him in " Incarnation of Money ", i become his secret admire...but its his acting in " 90 Days, Falling In Love Days " that make me fall for him... :wub::wub::wub:

He was the perfect cast for Hyun ji soek character...he's showed brilliant acting skills and palpable chemistry with KHN there...from my personal POV he's deserved Best Actor Awards and also Best Couple Awards...unfortunately the ratings of this drama are low... :dissapointed_relieved::cry:

Yup...KHN just got married ( March 2016 )...and once again " my shipping couple " sunk...LOL :flushed::bawling:

ED81ACEAB8B0EBB380ED9998_5BECBAA1ECB3905

000_zpsz4b1uu8f.jpg

As for you...who is your favourite leading lady for our KJH so far ??? :glasses::glasses:

Hello@badsmuler.. Welcome ! I became KJH fan early last year, 2015 after watching his 2011  rom-com.  Lie to Me as recommended by a friend. I think most newbie fans of KJH got to like him first in Lie to me. I thought He and Yoon Eun Hye had a good chemistry .. Thereafter, I marathoned all of his previous dramas and movies including his longest drama Be Strong Geum Soon,  just to realize he did much better dramas than LTM.I personally like MY GF is an Agent because first and foremost i really go for action-comedy-romance type of movies.. On 90 days time to love, i remember crying in each episode and love the chemistry of  KHN and KJH. Both   showed excellent acting in this drama but unfortunately this drama did not rate well in Korea . I read somewhere the reason was 90 days was   telecast on the same time slot as Jumong which was a tremendous hit not only in Korea but overseas as well. 

I wish you  can visit  Kang Ji Hwan  unofficial  FB page  ( with 62k+ members) operated by fans,   as well as in his official IG and Twitter account. I noticed not many fans  are active here on Soompi. Most of the fans are on FB 

On 5/12/2016 at 11:53 AM, AliciaA said:

Hello@badsmuler.. Welcome ! I became KJH fan early last year, 2015 after watching his 2011  rom-com.  Lie to Me as recommended by a friend. I think most newbie fans of KJH got to like him first in Lie to me. I thought He and Yoon Eun Hye had a good chemistry .. Thereafter, I marathoned all of his previous dramas and movies including his longest drama Be Strong Geum Soon,  just to realize he did much better dramas than LTM.I personally like MY GF is an Agent because first and foremost i really go for action-comedy-romance type of movies.. On 90 days time to love, i remember crying in each episode and love the chemistry of  KHN and KJH. Both   showed excellent acting in this drama but unfortunately this drama did not rate well in Korea . I read somewhere the reason was 90 days was   telecast on the same time slot as Jumong which was a tremendous hit not only in Korea but overseas as well. 

I wish you  can visit  Kang Ji Hwan  unofficial  FB page  ( with 62k+ members) operated by fans,   as well as in his official IG and Twitter account. I noticed not many fans  are active here on Soompi. Most of the fans are on FB 

Hello @AliciaA...nice to meet you here... :heart::heart:

I'm still not watch " Lie To Me " yet but i've already lurked around some scenes from YT...don't know why i'm still less interested to start watching this drama...i think i'm not quite satisfied with the directing and cinematography of this drama...though i must say that KJH looks very handsome and dandy there... :blush::blush:

I just finished watching " Hong Gil Dong "...i feel KJH has good chemistry with all of his leading ladies but for me his chemistry with KHN is on the different level compare to other actresses...their acting are very compatible and both can fill their lacking parts. Only a simple scene like looking each other eyes has already makes my heart beats fast...they have strong aura and charisma... :heart::heart:

20090421112931789b6_113606_0_zps43yml6gk

EAB5ACEC82ACEC8B9C_EC82ACEB9E91ED95A090d

My favourite KJH movie is also MGIAA...will watch Rough Cut soon... :w00t::w00t:

I think " 90 Days, Falling In Love Days " was not competed with " Jumong " at the time because its also produced by MBC...

Unfortunately i don't have Twitter and IG account but i will visit that FB site... :glasses::glasses:

I also active in 90 Days and Monster Soompi Threads now...come and have a lovely discussion with us there... :wub::wub:

@badsmuler  thanks for informing me about Monster thread. I didnt know. Il visit soon. Sorry its off topic but i cant help but notice your profile pic. Its  Song Daehan?. Is he your favorite among the Song triplets? my fave is Mingukie..

@AliciaA...finally i saw you in the Monster thread, chinggu...you can also join me every Monday and Tuesday night, i usually make live recaps for this drama... :heart::heart:

Bingo !!!! Its Song Daehan aka My Daehanie...he's my sweetheart now beside our KJH of course...hehehe... :blush::blush:

Kang Ji Hwan filmed "Monster" with a passionate performance, was rushed to the emergency room for a burn injury
translated by Pechumori
5/16/16

It was belatedly reported that actor Kang Ji Hwan was rushed to the emergency room after sustaining a burn injury while shooting the drama "Monster".

On May 16, according to officials, during the shooting of "Monster" last May 14, Kang Ji Hwan, who was immersed in his performance with Jung Bo Seok, hit his hand on a props that was on fire and suffered a burn on his right hand. He was immediately taken to the hospital.

After receiving first aid, Kang Ji Hwan was discharged from the hospital, but the wound on the right hand is still in the same state, today, May 16.  Kang Ji-hwan, however, has become zealous in shooting, endured the pain, showing his passion for acting.

An official said, "Kang Ji Hwan is immersed in acting, the rest did not even know that he burned his hand. He is showing exceptional passion, returning to work even if the injury has not healed yet."

credit: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016051613424560393&outlink=2&SVEC

Get well soon, Oppa! This is the second time that you were rushed to the emergency room while shooting for "Monster". Please take care of yourself.

Archived