Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

The new profile photo of Kang Ji Hwan in his official Twitter account
BIG MAN @Kangjihwan_

A BTS photo of KJH from his upcoming movie, "Island Dream" (KJH is reading the script while he is immersed in a tub!)

12552823_952714561431422_200441506707842

The new header photo of Kang Ji Hwan in his official Twitter account
BIG MAN @Kangjihwan_ (this is equivalent to the cover photo here at Facebook)

A BTS photo from his upcoming movie "Island Dream"

12565388_952741441428734_695627798487793

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2016 at 10:17 PM, pechumori said:

More info about the drama that Kang Ji Hwan is considering....Hope it pushes through! :D

Kang Ji-hwan becomes a daddy for new MBC drama
by girlfriday | January 13, 2016

KangJiHwan1.jpg

This new drama sounds like it’ll probably be a comedy, so it could be a fun new project for Kang Ji-hwan (Big Man), an actor I much prefer in comedic roles. He’s good at dramatic stuff too, but he’s got a particular zing when he’s playing something for laughs, and the more outlandish the comedy, the better. He’s considering an offer to headline the new MBC drama My Little Baby, about a detective who unexpectedly has to raise a baby on his own. Does one get left on his doorstep? In any case, hijinks are sure to follow.

The new series purports to mix documentary realism with drama, but mostly to me it sounds like a drama version of variety shows like Superman Returns or the old Dad, Where Are We Going, about dads and their adorable babies. It’s definitely a scripted drama, but I think they intend to show parenting in all its gory detail, because they describe it as “infant warfare.”

Kang Ji-hwan is up to play the leading character, a detective in the violent crimes division. He was once the ace on a special investigative task force, but he’ll go from a “war on crime to war with an infant” when he suddenly finds himself responsible for a baby. That’s basically all it’s about, though I’m sure they can mine a whole lot of comedy from Kang Ji-hwan being a hapless but endearing new daddy, especially if you start him out as a tough cop who’s rough around the edges. Like Runway Cop, but less gross.

My Little Baby doesn’t have a fixed timeslot yet, and the network is still working out whether it’ll air once or twice a week, either on Thursdays or Fridays. Perhaps it’s another attempt to get in on the Friday night drama slot that cable now dominates. Either way, it’s scheduled to premiere in early March.

Via IS Plus, Osen
credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/kang-ji-hwan-becomes-a-daddy-for-new-mbc-drama/

Well, @AliciaA, they gave him another project!

MBC side official position, "Kang Ji Hwan" is the main lead in "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
Jan. 21, 2016

12540662_955861761116702_227616408915163

Kang Ji Hwan's appearance as the hero in the new MBC drama "Monster" (working title) has been confirmed.

On Jan. 21, MBC confirmed Kang Ji Hwan and other major actors as cast in the drama "Monster" which will be a follow-up to the drama "Glamorous Temptation".

The casting for the female lead is still undergoing.

The screenwriter of "Monster" is Jang Young Cheol, the man behind the hits such as Empress Ki, Giant, History of the Salaryman and Kang Ji Hwan's 2013 drama, Incarnation of Money. It will be directed by Joo Sung Woo, whose works include "The Legendary Witch" and "Hundred Year Inheritance".

The other stars in the drama are:
Lee Gi-Kwang - Kang Ki-Tan (20s)
Lee Yeol-Eum - Cha Soo-Yeon (20s)
Park Young-Gyu
Lee Deok-Hwa
Jung Bo-Suk
Kim Bo-Yeon
Kim Hye-Eun
Lee El
Jin Tae-Hyun
Go Yoon

Hwang Jung Eum, Kang Ji Hwan's female lead in "Incarnation of Money" has been offered the role and she is still considering it.

The 50 episode drama series depicts the story of a man from the 1997 financial crisis to the present days.

'Monster' is scheduled to broadcast as a follow-up to "Glamorous Temptation" which airs during the Monday & Tuesday 21:55 time slot.

credit: http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=684627
and Asianwiki

Congratulations, Ji Hwan ssi!!! Fighting!!!

Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

@ Pechumori.  Omo , I already  conditioned my mind   seeing him in a light , comedy drama playing as a Dad.. Anyway, I welcome this news  with so  much excitement as well .. and Wow, 50 episodes.. Wel,l I started to get  used watching  long dramas now because of glamorous temptation.. KJH, hope my visa gets approved so I can personally greet you a happy and blessed  39th birthday.. 

MBC melo Monster secures Kang Ji-hwan to headline
by javabeans | January 21, 2016

kangjihwan_369.jpg

Ah, this casting makes more sense: Kang Ji-hwan (Big Man) is now confirmed as the leading man in MBC’s upcoming 50-episode melodrama Monster (formerly titled Tyrant), while relative newcomer Seo Kang-joon (Cheese in the Trap) is no longer in consideration for the show. It seemed so strange to have a young rookie like Seo being courted to lead a big show like this, particularly since it covers a lot of ground and spans 20 years and requires an actor with a bit more gravitas, and he’s not there yet.

The story of Monster starts during the IMF crisis in the late ’90s and tells “the revenge story of one man sacrificed by an avaricious den of demons.” He loses his parents at a young age and almost dies, and takes on a new life and name in pursuing his revenge, vowing to expose the ugly true faces of the elite; along the way, he finds a love that’s like “a flower bud growing in a mud pit.” Recently cast to play the hero in his youth is idol Lee Ki-kwang (Mrs. Cop), while Lee Yeol-eum (Village: Secret of Achiara) will play the younger heroine.

Kang Ji-hwan seems a natural choice when you consider he’s worked with this writer before in the drama Incarnation of Money (writer Jang Young-chul also did Giant and Empress Ki), and while I miss Kang in comedy (he’s got great wacky comic timing), he’s adept at serious dramatic stuff as well and I can readily picture him in a meaty story like this. (It probably means he won’t be taking My Little Baby, a different MBC drama about a cop who’s suddenly saddled with a baby to take care of.)

The show is still searching for a leading lady with Hwang Jung-eum (She Was Pretty) officially out as well, and while I like Hwang, I’m fine with her leaving because she and Kang Ji-hwan were in Incarnation of Money together and they don’t need to reteam quite so soon. I know the back-to-back reunion worked for her and Ji Sung, but fresh partnerships are a welcome thing, and I’ll be curious to see which actress ends up with the role.

I am glad to hear of Lee El (My Beautiful Bride) taking on a supporting role as an arms lobbyist, a character described as a strong woman who makes her presence felt, which is pretty much what I always expect Lee El to deliver. The lady has presence. The bulk of the supporting cast has been confirmed, and includes Park Young-kyu, Lee Deok-hwa, Jung Bo-seok, Kim Bo-yeon, and Jung Woong-in.

Monster is set to follow Monday-Tuesday drama Dazzling Temptation.

Via Joy News, IS Plus, Sports Donga

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/mbc-melo-monster-secures-kang-ji-hwan-to-headline/

@AliciaA I was also awaiting the confirmation of My little baby. I was quite surprised with the new development. His new agency is good. :D

Kang Ji-hwan to headline MBC's 'Monster - 2016'
2016/01/21

kangjihwan_369.jpg

Actor Kang Ji-hwan will headline MBC's new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Monster - 2016". On January 21st, an official in broadcasting circle has said that he will play the leading role Kang Ki-tan in MBC's "Monster - 2016".

His role, Kang Ki-tan's original name was Lee Gook-cheol, but he lives under the new name to take revenge to those who took away his parents' lives when he was little.

Kang Ji-hwan's childhood role will be played by Gi-kwang. This is Kang Ji-hwan's drama comeback in two years since his appearance in KBS 2TV's "Big Man", 2014.

"Monster - 2016" depicts vengeance by a man, who fights against the irrationality of the society. Hwang Jeong-eum is currently discussing her offer for the female lead.

PD Joo Seong-woo ('The Legendary Witch' 'A Hundred Year's Inheritance' 'Hooray for Love' 'Gold Fish') and writers Jang Yeong-cheol and Jeong Kyeong-soon-I ("Empress Qi" "Salaryman" "Giant" 'Dae Jo Yeong') have joined to create this vengeance story.

MBC's "Monster - 2016" is slated to start in the beginning of April once "Glamorous Temptation" has finished.

source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110337941
credit: http://www.hancinema.net/kang-ji-hwan-to-headline-mbc-s--monster--2016--90636.html

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KOREAN AGENCY SIM ENTERTAINMENT ON KANG JI HWAN'S BIRTHDAY FAN MEETING "LOVELY DAY"
translated by Joy Kiyota
edited by Pechumori

12510515_956863854349826_461736807677719

*Name of the event: KANG JI HWAN BIRTHDAY FM "LOVELY DAY ~ in SEOUL"

*Place: Seoul, Korea

*Schedule of tour: March 25 (Fri.) ~ March 27 (Sun.) 2016, 2 nights and 3 days.

*Date of application:  January 20 (Wed.) 4:00 pm until February 2 (Tue.) 4:00 pm 2016.

DETAILS OF THE EVENT:

1.) Official Tour from Japan to celebrate KJH'S BIRTHDAY.

2.) Part 1 and Part 2, You can join the two FMs.
      Part 1 - For those who will join the whole tour event.
      Part 2 - For those who will join the Birthday commemoration event in Korea.

3.) All participants will be able to receive an original souvenir gift.

THE PRIVILEGES OF THOSE WHO WILL JOIN PART 1 OF THE FM*
(THE WHOLE TOUR PACKAGE - for club members only)

1.) All participants can join KJH's BIRTHDAY PARTY.

2.) All participants can join in the high five session with KJH.

3.) All participants can join the autograph session with KJH.

4.) All participants can have a picture taken with KJH. (One photo per person)

5.) All participants can enjoy the special concert of KJH together with other fans.

6.) All participants can join in the talk show (games and raffle ticket prizes for 20 persons)
   == Each raffle draw will enable the winner to receive a gift from KJH's cherished items. (10 persons)
   == KJH will draw the raffle ticket and make your wish come true. (10 persons)

7.) Photo time with KJH (Using your own personal camera!)

8.) Watch KJH's unpublished drama document and video!

9.) All participants will receive a special, autographed birthday poster of KJH. (One poster per person)

10.) All participants will receive a special card (One card for each individual)

* LOTTE HOTEL's LIMITED GIFTS FOR THE GUESTS*
(The gift item will be announced later)

☆Lotte Hotel has prepared a banner photo zone corner of KJH for the guests to be able to have wonderful memories.

(You can take a memorable photo freely)

credit: Kangstar ( https://finn-neo.com/user.cgi?articleid=9632&actmode=AblogArticleDetail )

Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

The latest tweet of Kang Ji Hwan via his official Twitter account BIG MAN @Kangjihwan_ 1/23/16
translated by Pechumori

Wow ~ how long has it been since I had a break ㅠ This is the last accommodation in Bali! It is recognized as a honeymoon destination. The one laughing behind me, please, change your gender. (laughs)

12573702_956759897693555_119359058155936

MBC side: "Monster", the title of the follow-up to "Glamorous Temptation" has been finalized
translated by Pechumori
Jan. 29, 2016

12644666_959576630745215_149492400400618

The title of the new drama for MBC which is "Monster" has been confirmed.

On the afternoon of Jan. 29, officials of MBC told Newsen that the follow-up drama to "Glamorous Temptation", which is using the working title "Monster" (originally known as "Tyrant") has also been decided to be its final title.

"Monster" has gathered attraction as a come-back project of actor Kang Ji Hwan. Kang Ji Hwan is the male lead in "Monster" while the casting of the heroine is currently under progress.

Aside from Kang Ji Hwan, "Monster" boasts of an all-star cast of best performers that includes Park Young Gyu, Lee Duk Hwa, Jung Bo Suk, Kim Bo Yeon, Jung Woong In, Kim Hye Eun, Lee El, Jin Tae Hyun, and Go Yoon. Lee Ki Kwang from the group "Beast" and Lee Yeol Eum will play the role of the younger versions of the male and female leads.

"Monster" will be directed by PD Joo Seong Woo ("The Legendary Witch", "A Hundred Year's Inheritance" and "Hooray for Love") and screenplay by writers Jang Yeong Cheol and Jeong Kyeong Soon ("Empress Qi", "History of a Salaryman", "Giant" and "Incarnation of Money"). It depicts the story of a man who got caught in a gruesome revenge from the absurd behaviour of Korean society's privileged 0.001% and lost everything. It is also a beautiful love story.

credit: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201601291501540410

Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

The latest tweet from Kang Ji Hwan via his official Twitter account BIG MAN @Kangjihwan_  1/30/16
translated by Pechumori

12592321_959841624052049_117773029963379

2016 Kang Ji Hwan Birthday Fan Meeting at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul ~ Lovely Day ~
I'll be waiting.

(Check out the following site for more details about the Fan meeting)
http://www.nta.co.jp/kaigai/season/special/2016kangjihwan0326/

Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

• 2 weeks later...

According to the schedule at the official website that KJH's agency set up for him, it said that last Feb. 19 to 21, he was shooting "Monster". For this week, there was nothing posted.

Here is his latest message and invitation to watch his upcoming drama "Monster"
https://finn-neo.com/user.cgi?articleid=9924&actmode=AblogArticleDetail

The video is exclusively for his Japanese fans, that's why I can't upload it to Youtube. Here is a screen cap posted by a Japanese fan on Instagram. KJH at the shooting site

Kang Ji Hwan's extreme transformation in "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
March 1, 2016

76752353.1.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan attempted to do an extreme makeover.

Kang Ji Hwan who will make a TV comeback via the new MBC drama "Monster" as Kang Ki Tan has unveiled shocking photos from the drama stills.

In the photos released, Kang Ji Hwan showed two eye-catching images, a charming figure wearing a perfectly fitted suit and a dowdy looking man on the street.

In particular, the image of Kang Ji Hwan with a cane and a basket, sitting and playing the harmonica in a dark underpass and the extreme opposite image of a sophisticated charmer has increased expectations and interest.

Kang Ji Hwan plays the role of Lee Kook-Chul, who lost his parents at an early age and after barely surviving from the crisis of death because of his Uncle Byun Il Jae (played by Jung Bo Suk), gets renamed as Kang Ki Tan. Kang Ki Tan, who possess excellent hearing and superb intuition and underwent years of physical training, now raises a serious question regarding the information of his street life.

Kang Ji Hwan, who maximized the difference between the two extreme images, a neat look and a real homeless man, conducted the shooting in two days. In order to portray the scene of playing the harmonica naturally, he practiced playing the instrument with enthusiasm prior to the filming of the scene.

The production crew said "Kang Ji Hwan is an actor who wants perfection in every scene. He thinks of preparing for a scene before shooting it. We ask for a lot of expectation for the drama, Monster, so you can see the value of Kang Ji Hwan properly."

On the other hand, "Monster" is a revenge drama of a man who has been deprived of his family and life due to the conspiracy of a huge power group.

The first episode will air on March 28 at 10 pm.

credit: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160229/76752360/1

Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri Make Transformations in New “Monster” Stills

leejojoba March 1, 2016 (excerpt)

kang-ji-hwan-feature.jpg

Actor Kang Ji Hwan who will take on the lead role for the upcoming drama “Monster” attempts a breakthrough transformation as an actor.

MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Monster” team released Kang Ji Hwan’s shocking stills of him portraying the role of Kang Ki Tan. This marks his comeback to television since his last drama in 2014.

kang-ji-hwan.jpg

In the photos released, Kang Ji Hwan is seen looking both hideous dressed in rags and clean-cut dressed in a handsome suit. The polar opposite looks of him dressed in a nice suit versus sitting on the street in rags playing a harmonica show a stark contrast.

Kang Ji Hwan’s character Kang Ki Tan lost his parents in his childhood. He loses everything to his uncle Byun Il Jae (Jung Bo Suk) and barely survives. He transforms into a new person Kang Ki Tan to avenge his family.

He possesses excellent hearing and intuition. With many years of strenuous physical training, he is superbly fit.

Taping Kang Ji Hwan’s contrasting characters took two days. He first finished recording in a set for the clean cut version of himself. To portray the contrasting character, he showed assertiveness in presenting his ideas and became a homeless person. It is said that he also came prepared to play the harmonica himself showing fervent passion for the role.

The crew member commented, “Kang Ji Hwan is a hardworking actor trying to make every scene perfect. He always comes to the set prepared and is able to jump into character quickly creating wonderful scenes. Please watch our drama ‘Monster’ with high expectations because it will really show off the true value of Kang Ji Hwan as an actor.”

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/01/kang-ji-hwan-and-sung-yuri-make-transformations-in-new-monster-stills/

Archived