Hi phiphi - thanks for the message. But I think he's also great here in this drama. Oh, so the ending is good - thanks for this info ( it's ok, I like spoilers). I'm always a sucker for good-endings. :blush: :lol:

Willenette, Eric's acting is good in Chil Woo, but if I have to compare, QSS was his best (in my opinion)

There's one scene that really stuck in my mind with Chil Woo. It's where he desperately tries to to save So Yoon (the love of his life).

Eric's acting there was superb

Hehe.... the "good ending" is not totally a happily forever ending, I just love how it was executed! You'll see!!!

LOL, heck if i can learn korean, i will stalk all the websites for us but too bad i don't....darn it!!!

Accckkk...... Cindy, I share the same sentiment!

How many time I wish knowing Korean/Chinese to stalk those web sites for Eric's news.

It's great that you come up with the Q&A.

Okay, will come back to this soon (I have an essay for these Q&A!)

In the mean time get to work for a bit!

SADDLY THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES.... 3 DAYS LEFT!!!!

Eric219.jpg

Guest ricsam

although it is less than 3 days now.. but I want to answer the questions..

because I miss this man now even more and I want to talk about him without stoping

to forget the fact that he will leave us soon

1. When did you first heard of Eric?

I heard about shinhwa in 2004 but not really see any MV or show with them ..actually I knew them through watching TW drama mvp valentine and their song

perfect man was in the OST and I love that song.. however, after watching super rookie I fallen in love with Eric's character

and did not know that he actually from shinhwa.. I did some search and I like him even more and becomes his fan from 2005

too bad it was too late but it is better than nothing..

2. How did Eric captured your attention?

his smile in super rookie reminded me of Rain's smile in full house.. I do not know why.. but after seeing the

different style of him.. I see that this man is really attractive. so the answer would be his smile

3. Have you ever been impressed by Eric?

of course yes.. in the begining I like him coz of his face.. but with days and as I know him better and better

I see that I like his 4 dim character, I like how he becomes different man when the group face some diffeculties..

the thing that I can not forget is when he made an official apologize about the photos................................ I think you all know

this story. also when he took all the responsiblity for moving to another company.. woaah he was in young age but can do everything

4. What do you absolutely love about our Eric?

actually everything.. he can be cute, sexy this is about his look.. but if I go to his personality

although he is not showing it he is really kind person and he has a big heart for everyone..

I like how he becomes different guy when he is with shinhwa..

well if I talk about him I DO NOT think I will stop.. plz forgive me but my mind is not working right now I really miss him :tears: ..

Guest akiko_nicole

-Through watching loveletter b4

-His appearance of course..he looks very manly..thats what i look 4 lol..

-YES..Im impressed with his rap and dancing skills..

-EVERYTHING like other ppol said..omg we will not see him for 2 yrs..im really sad

Guest valmylove

G'evening ladies...

Phiphi... I just love how u post his pics with the correct # of fingers too.. i am amazed!! 4 as a sign??? now 3??? wierd!!

LOL!!

Willenette, Eric's acting is good in Chil Woo, but if I have to compare, QSS was his best (in my opinion)

There's one scene that really stuck in my mind with Chil Woo. It's where he desperately tries to to save So Yoon (the love of his life).

Eric's acting there was superb

Hehe.... the "good ending" is not totally a happily forever ending, I just love how it was executed! You'll see!!!

SADDLY THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES.... 3 DAYS LEFT!!!!

[] Eric219.jpg[]

Hi phiphi - you said it right - QSS was his best. I really like him there. And thanks for sharing something about ChilWoo. It's still a long way for me to go........but liking it so far. I would surely finish it through the end. :)

Oh, you're starting the countdown here......... Gosh, I will miss Eric dearly. It doesn’t matter if it’s a 4 or 5-week training as we’re losing him for the whole 2-years. It’s a sad day. I will miss seeing him in a drama. <_<:wacko:

Winter 2006 I was so bored from the long Chirstmas break and decide to watch something fun.

So I went down to an Asian DVD rental, went through the old comedy section.

Voila Super Rookie! This goofy handsome guy with a bright happy smile caught my eyes.

Brought it home, watched it and the rest was history. I was Mun struck.

At first it was Eric’s goofiness and his good look caught my attention.

However seeing Eric’s interactions with his Shinhwa members & how he carried himself on variety shows (X-man, Love Letter, Heroin, Infinitive Challenge.....) made me fall for him even more.

However, what captured my attention most is Eric’s 4 dimensional state of mind!

Who else but Eric would catch an insect and wonder why it’s so ugly?

Who else but Eric has the weirdest sleeping habit (by Minwoo’s account: If you talk to him, he’ll answer you.

If you sing, he’ll rap for you. Once Minwoo did a beatbox and Eric did it too. Sometimes, Eric sleeps with his eyes opened! Puha......).

Who else but Eric wanted to eat "crocodile" while recovering in the hospital.

If get scolded by his superior in the army, who else but Eric will catch an ant and complaint to it!

I’m impressed that he’s just not another handsome face!

He has his own management company, has a Master degree in Theatre & Visual Art and he is also a Taekwondo black belt holder.

All randomness & pranking a side, whenever he or Shinhwa is facing crisis situations, this man step up to the plate and dealt with it tactfully & professionally. He get my respect.

I love everything about this multifaceted man has to offer.

I love his dorky & randomness, his sexy smirks, his handsome face, his mushy charming smiles, his deep sexy voice, his charisma.....and last but not least his loyalty, dedication & friendship to Shinhwa members.

In my eyes, Eric is the PERFECT MAN.

YO, 2 DAYS TO LEFT TO THE BOOT CAMP!!!

Eric220.jpg

hey Cindy... those Q really perks up those MUN lovers... now we have some discussions going on in here... wish we have more of those...

you haven't tell me anything about the PSed MUN i sent you... i was wondering if you receive it...

back to those MUN Q's... i'm gonna answer them later...

phiphi really did stress out those remaining days of da MUN...and what better way to do it with da MUN himself... nice one friend.

jpg-1.jpg

phiphi really did stress out those remaining days of da MUN...and what better way to do it with da MUN himself... nice one friend.

Trud, you're right about that!

It's a perfect set of pictures for the "occasion" huh? And here it comes.

THAT'S IT. 1 DAY LEFT FOLKS!!!!

Eric221.jpg

It's really becoming a reality. One more day. ::sigh:: :tears:

I guess tonight is their dinner together right? :tears:

Two years with out Eric...no 4Dness... :tears:

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

awww I am so sad he is leaving soon...but he's on public servant? hmmmm

Regardless where he serves, he does his duty and serves his country proud.

Honestly with his back injury, don't know why he wasn't exempted.

Guest jademh

hey guys, im somewhat new to soompi but been an eric and shinhwa fan for years!!!

im so sad that he only has one more day before military service. tomorrow he'll be heading in... i just hope people will have pictures of him!

for the next two years, we should keep this thread alive, anyone has any ideas how?

around 2001-2002, i knew junjin first but started watching shinhwa videos. it wasn't until i watched him on Phoenix that i started to really take notice of him

first was his charm during Phoenix, i absolutely loved his smile and charming eyes. then later on after watching shinhwa vidz, i saw his 4d-ness and absolutely fell in love with him more!

other than his looks, i was impressed by his professionalism. although we know him as someone who always acts childish amongst his members, reading what he did to keep the group together really impressed me. He's what you call a true leader, who always thinks of his members first before the benefit of himself. from the time they moved companies, the hardships they went through, even in the interviews if you see, he doesnt talk much or take credit in alot of things, he involves all his members! in cf offers that he receives he gets his members involved and does it as a group! that's why i love him.

practically everything i mentioned above, from his looks, to personality, to his professionalism and talents. he's just a cool guy! and the fact that he doesnt age! :D

ERIC Saranghae!! we'll be waiting for you!

ERIC MUN ENTERS MILITARY SERVICE & MISSES HIS SISTER’S WEDDING

posterphoto67768.jpg

Sad news, another one of our favorite celebrities is leaving us for two years!

Eric Moon will be entering military service this 9th and he will be missing his own sister's wedding in Los Angeles!

First he will be at a boot camp where he will be trained as a military officer and then he will be doing military service at an office for the rest of his service.

Unfortunately for Eric, his mother will be not be there to see him enter the camp because of the wedding. And his Shinhw family cannot make it because of their busy schedules. Eric had finished the drama "Mighty Chil-woo" and gave up his residency of the U.S.

Source : cynews.cyworld.com

Translations: Hancinema

Guest lollipop

You can say when I watched "PHOENIX" and the rest is history.

Well his eyes :blush:

I am impressed on his kindness to his fan...sincerity ....

Like everyone here, all of "HIM" :blush:

Anyway, hello to everyone, I may not be here as always just the silent one. Wish me luck tomorrow, I will be going to see him off.

:wub:

I'm gonna missed Eric...Be well n see u 2 years!

P.S. Ignore teo post...It is actually me, lollipop did the post...sorry!

[08.10.08]Shinhwa members send Eric off with dinner gathering on 7th Oct

Eric and his fellow Shinhwa members had a small dinner gathering and celebrated their friendship before he reports for military duty on 9th Oct at the Nonsan Training Center in Chungnam. Eric is the first Shinhwa member to enlist for military duty.

On the evening of 7th Oct, Eric had dinner and some drinks with the other members before bidding a temporary farewell to them, and they also gave him their best wishes for him to come back safe and healthy.

A source close to Eric said, "Eric met up with the other Shinhwa members prior to his enlistment date, and they had a great time together."

Eric is now resting at home and preparing for his enlistment tomorrow. The other Shinhwa members will not be sending him off on the day itself.

Source: Newsen

Chi trans: 韩小国 @ Bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

[08.10.08] Eric won't be able to attend his sister's wedding due to enlistment

Shinhwa member Eric will unfortunately be unable to attend his sister's wedding as he has to enlist on 9th Oct.

Due to serve as a civil service officer at a particular subway station office in Seoul after his basic military training stint starting from 9th Oct at Chungnam Training Center, Eric will be unable to attend his second sister's wedding in Los Angeles and has instead filmed a video message to congratulate her.

A spokesperson from Eric's management company expressed, "Eric is the youngest among the 3 children, and his mother will also be unable to send him off due to the wedding. Despite being unable to attend the wedding, Eric has already filmed a video message for her."

He added, "The Shinhwa members have already had a small gathering on 7th Oct as a sending-off party for him, and as they all have scheduled programmes on the 9th, they brought forward the gathering."

Eric, who relinquished his US citizenship in 2003, has just finished the filming of KBS2 drama Strongest Chil Woo in August.

Source: Yonhap News

Chi trans: yujin@bestshinhwa

[08.10.08][trans] Eric's monologue in the concert VCR during 10th anniv concert

10 years have passed, and it may seem like a long time to other people, but to me it feels like a really short time

Even with my eyes blindfolded, I can still remember our first taste of success and fame, it really felt like my heart was going to explode

What's this? Am I perspiring nervously now? I never thought I'll get nervous

No that's not it, if I'm alone by myself like this now, I will perspire

Tsk, these guys!

Alright, it's really because you're here that I can smile like this

It's really because of you all that I'm here

As a group, it's great that we often meet even as we go about our solo activities

Don't get hurt anymore Hyesung

Don't fall sick anymore Minwoo

You can take your time

I want to joke around with you Junjin

Andy I like your shirt today

Dongwan I like your hairstyle

Thanks to you guys

No matter what others may say, we'll always be Shinhwa, until the day we die!

No, we're still Shinhwa even when we die!

It's only the beginning for Shinhwa now

Yah, pass me my gun~

Source: Shinhwa 10th Anniversary Concert DVD

Chi trans: eric baidu bar

[08.10.08] Eric enlists on 9th Oct but Shinhwa's 10-year friendship continues

20081008100426.825.0.jpg

The much-loved idol group that hasn't had a change of members in their 10-year career - Shinhwa. Shinhwa's 6 members - Eric, Lee Minwoo, Kim Dongwan, Shin Hyesung, Junjin and Andy - have been showing their immaculate chemistry on stage for the past 10 years, and have all gone on to carve out successful solo careers as actors, singers and entertainers, a clear show of their successful "separate but together" strategy.

However, all 6 of them have or about to reach the Korean age of 30, and from the 2nd half of this year onwards fans will have to temporarily bid farewell to Eric and Kim Dongwan for 2 years while they serve their military duty, while Lee Minwoo, Shin Hyesung, Junjin and Andy will continue with their activities.

Shinhwa's leader Eric will be reporting to the Chungnam Training Center in the afternoon of 9th Oct, and will undergo 5 weeks of basic military training before being dispatched to serve in the civil service from November onwards. As Eric is the first Shinhwa member to enlist, the other Shinhwa members are all planning to send him off personally as a show of support.

Next on the list would be Kim Dongwan, who mentioned through a phonecall on MBC FM4U's "A Date With Park Myung Soo at 2" that he is scheduled to enlist in the 2nd week of November. His management company added that though he hasn't received the notification letter for the exact date of enlistment, but he has already been informed by the military administrative department that he will be receiving the notification in mid-November. Likewise, he will also be serving in the civil service after completing his basic military training stint.

The temporary void left behind by Eric and Kim Dongwan will be filled by the 4 remaining members who will still remain active.

Lee Minwoo has recently released his 4th album and is actively promoting the title track Don't Trust Men through variety shows and performances. His activities will continue through the 2nd half of 2008.

Shin Hyesung who released his 3rd album at the end of August will also remain active. Having recently been selected to sing the theme song for the electronic game Tetris, he will also be kicking off his Asian tour with a concert in Seoul on 18th Oct followed by Japan and China in November.

The new star of the variety world Junjin will continue with his appearances on MBC's Infinity Challenge and SBS' Yashimmanman 2.

Andy, the youngest of the group, has just ended his stint on MBC's We Got Married, and will star in the musical version of Singles from 25th Oct to mid-January 2009.

Even more active now than ever in their activities, Shinhwa lives on even with members preparing to enlist for military duty. Their friendship and group spirit will continue, and both themselves and fans alike will look forward to the day when Shinhwa members all reunite for their next big event.

Source: Star News

Chi trans: 韩小国 @ Bestshinhwa

Ricky ah, 2 years & 5 weeks is a very long long time.

More than enough for a person to have a change of heart.

However I know for sure you'll always be in a special place that near & dear in my heart.

In the mean time, be safe, stay warm, stay healthy and make the most of this 2 year stint.

Keep that army of ants closed by so you can dispatch them "in case of emergency"!

Shall wait for your return and the count down this time will be much more pleasant!

PS: Something to look forward to, after Nov.13, we still hope to catch a glimpse of Eric here & there when he starts his civil service.

Envy those who'll work in the same office with him 5 days a weeks, 8 hours a day!

Eric82.jpg

20081009.jpg

Eric101.jpg

Eric23.jpg

Eric87.jpg

Eric90.jpg

Basso13.jpg

Basso08.jpg