Thanks for sharing his pictures, looks really handsome and tall in person.

My friends and myself were the first to reach there at 6.52am, we have waited for 7 hours!

Is worth the waiting, we have a good experience and happy to send Eric off!

I would like to thanks Song Mi,a Korean whom we met there, she help us and let us join their group together to support Eric.

We really had a good time.

Eric, be healthy and take good care of yourself, see you in 2 years time!

lucky lucky you and your friend lovewinter...

and even if it takes me the whole day... i won't get tired nor hungry... just the thought that i'll be seeing ERIC... all those feelings thrown out of the window.

seeingyougoaway2.jpg

just watch this on YT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtsKofSogiw

Guest jean_kkp

LOL @ Kriza, couldnt resist some ricsung before he enlists right?

oh my eric... he really does look as if he is calming the fans down. and its actually quite funny how he has so many mics to talk into. seeing him so smiley and happy, im surprised at myself for not being emotional this time round. although i already cried yesterday night at the thought of this. i actually feel better now. weirdly, that eric is the one going in and not me >.<

anyhows, i will wait for you eric, before 10 years is just not enough for me.

echoing the rest of the fans too, KIDARYEOYO!!!

Guest meli929

I can't believe he's going to be in the army. I will miss seeing him in the media but will be waiting patiently for his return:).

Guest kunjit

wooww..you are so lucky lovewinter

you could went to chungnam..i wanted to but i had assignment and class too..

sigh..

made me want to skip school :sweatingbullets:

so which one the seoul metro station he will be located...

i will gladly to stalk all the stations in seoul :rolleyes:

There are just too many news articles & pictures of Eric's enlistment send off.
I'll just post the new bits here for now.

[08.10.09][news] Throngs of fans send Eric off to the army

More than 300 fans sent Eric (Mun Jung Hyuk, 28) off at the Nonsan Training Center before he reported for his 26-month military duty, including overseas fans from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan.

Having completed his last drama project KBS2's Strongest Chil Woo in August, Eric reported for service at Nonsan Training Center with fans who have gathered at the camp entrance up to 12 hours before. His status as a Hallyu star is clearly cemented, as fans from countries such as China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan all turned up to send him off before he goes into a 2-year long hiatus from showbiz.

Fans held up banners that bore messages such as "For 2 years we will wait for you everyday", "Our hearts will always be with you", and even "Darling you look good even with short hair, come back soon and we'll get married".

Having relinquished his US citizenship in 2003 for his showbiz career in Korea, Eric was initially supposed to be allocated for active duty, but an onset accident during the filming of MBC drama Wolf in 2006 saw his vocation being changed to a civil service officer instead.

When asked to do the symbolic army salute, he shyly declined. Eric's management company added that he will be deployed to Seoul Metro, although it's not clear which station it will be. Fans said in response that they hope to meet him at least once at the subway station, whichever it may be.

Source: mydaily, nownews & dailyseop
Chi trans: 阿毛毛@情投E赫, jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

[08.10.09]Eric - Hyesung, Junjin were the saddest; Andy seemed the happiest

Shinhwa leader Eric has become the first Shinhwa member to enlist as he reported for military duty in the afternoon of 9th Oct at Nonsan Training Center, and will undergo 4 weeks of military training before being despatched to serve in the civil service.

Eric joked during the meeting with the media and fans, "The saddest members were Hyesung and Junjin, they had this sad look on their faces. Andy seemed the happiest, he kept smiling."

Eric had met up with the members on 7th Oct for dinner and some drinks.

When asked what the music scene will be like now that he's about to enlist, he joked again, "Hyesung will hold the fort."

About the worries of Shinhwa disbanding, Eric had this to say, "During Shinhwa's 10th anniversary concert, we already made a promise to the fans that we will hold another concert in 4 years' time when all of us have fulfilled our duties to the country. We will keep this promise."

He added, "I'd like to thank all the fans who love Shinhwa, very soon the members will be back after serving the nation. Please wait for us until then, and I will do my best during training and I'll be back."

"Kim Dongwan will be enlisting in November as well, after which the others will enlist one by one. I'll be the first to be back then, and I'll be back safe and healthy."

Source: newsen&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

[08.10.09][trans] Eric's enlistment interview (several articles put together)

*note: there are so many articles about this... seriously, i counted and there are more than 100!!
at least 150 articles today just reporting from the training place... but most of them are similar in terms of the content... so i kind of put everything together....

What did Shinhwa members say?

‘Come back safely and healthily’

What preparation did you do when entering military?
Cutting my hair. My parents told me to come back healthily.

Have you cried because of this military service issue?
No

Feeling of having short haircut?

Refreshing.

Feeling of entering military after giving up your US citizen

I don’t know (laugh)

Training that made you worried the most.

I’m most worried about the march training.

What will you do if a senior younger than you gives you an order?

I’ll obey his order.

Before (military) entrance, what did you eat for the last time.
I ate udong.

The person you’re thinking right now.

My family and my second sister who’s getting married. I feel sorry I can’t go to her wedding.
Live well and happily, nuna. (his nuna is having a wedding ceremony in LA, US on 11th)

After the basic training, where will you work.

I’ll work at Seoul Metro (transportation system)

Who will keep your position in the music industry?

Even though I’m not around, Hyesung will protect it. *joke*

During military service, who will come to mind the most.
I think I'm going to miss Shinhwa members.

We heard you had a send-off party with Shinhwa members, what did they say?
“Suffer a little bit". Hyesung and Junjin were the most emotional.
Andy looked the happiest. He didn’t say anything but he kept smiling. (laugh)

Things you want to say to Shinhwa members

To Kim Dongwan who’s going in November, I want to say come here safely.
To Hyesung, I know he’ll take care of the music business. I’m going to miss the members.
Ah, during Shinhwa 10th year anniversary last spring, we made a promise with the fans and the members that
after everyone have done their military service, we will reunite and hold a concert in 4 years.

Lastly, say something to your fans.

I’m really grateful that so many people came even though they can only see me for a short while. Please wait for a little bit.
I can finally have some time for myself to think as a singer or as an actor. In the 10th year anniversary concert,
we have made a promise with all the fans and staff that we’re going to reunite and have another concert in 4 years.
We will keep that promise for sure. When we’re reunited we’ll do activities again.
Until then please wait for us. I’ll come back safely.

Source: various articles showed up in naver.com
Eng trans: kriza_09@shinhwa.biz

It's really funny feeling knowing that Eric is actually in army now.

We knew this was coming but never thought THIS DAY will actually come.

Hope he keep his health well and don't hurt his back during training.

It seems so unreal that Eric is now in the army.

But I'm glad he was in good spirit at the send off.

He looks stylist in the casual outfit and even though the shave head is not flattering (for any one), Eric still rocks it better than most celeb recruits I've seen so far.....hehe.

skinny jean-------------->emphasize his long legs

tight sweat shirt------------->emphasize his broad shoulder

His slim physique, wide shoulder & the shaved head reminds me of another hot guy Wentworth Miller (Prison Break)

[08.10.09][trans] Eric at Nonsan Training Center (Yonhap Clip)

*It's short but it's the only clip I saw of him so far at the training center.

http://news.naver.com/vod/vod.nhn?of...section_id=106

Eric, among Shinhwa, first to enter the army.

Being the first to go from Shinhwa, I will be healthy and return in good shape completing my duty.

Hye Sung and Jinnie were a bit emotional.

Were there any members that were really happy?

Andy

Yesterday, I met up with a few actors. Sunbae Jun Do Min and other hyungs, they all told me that as this is something that happens once in your lifetime. To have it last in your memory, work hard and come back.

To all the fans and viewers, who have supported Shinhwa as well as our indiviual activites, I thank you very much. Soon, as the members complete their military service, we will be back together as Shinhwa. The 6 of us will work hard to show you good performances. Until then, please wait for us eagerly. I will receive good training and come back. Thank you.

translator: HappyHeart7@shinhwa.biz

Woa Ginnie dear, thanks so much for posting the pictures & the YT link.

I was overwhelming with the numbers of pictures on the net and don't know what to post.

Thanks god Eric was in high spirit and saved the day with his big charming smiles

Made me feel a bit more at ease.

Anyone know what MASAI means? I love to have that sweatshirt.

Eric will be back on Nov.06, 2010 (with 4 weeks training) or Nov.13, 2010 (with 5 weeks training)

The countdown begins!

Woa Ginnie dear, thanks so much for posting the pictures & the YT link.

I was overwhelming with the numbers of pictures on the net and don't know what to post.

Thanks god Eric was in high spirit and saved the day with his big charming smiles

Made me feel a bit more at ease.

Anyone know what MASAI means? I love to have that sweatshirt.

Eric will be back on Nov.06, 2010 (with 4 weeks training) or Nov.13, 2010 (with 5 weeks training)

The countdown begins!

Yes. Let that countdown to his debut begin!

MASAI - Yes, that sweatshirt caught my attention too. I wonder if it was intentional because MASAI is a tribe warrior from Kenya.

Eric was in such joyful mood....must be the happiest I have seen of any celebrity leaving for the army.

Another picture thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251899

Thanks for sharing his pictures, looks really handsome and tall in person.

My friends and myself were the first to reach there at 6.52am, we have waited for 7 hours!

Is worth the waiting, we have a good experience and happy to send Eric off!

I would like to thanks Song Mi,a Korean whom we met there, she help us and let us join their group together to support Eric.

We really had a good time.

Eric, be healthy and take good care of yourself, see you in 2 years time!

Lol lovewinter, you & your friend are hard core fans, 7 hours of waiting around.

If I remember correctly you were planning to be at the camp around noonish but you gals were there at almost 7am?

Guess don't want to kick yourself for missing it if he went in in the morning huh? Better be safe than sorry!

So glad you had a good time!

It seems every one who had met Eric in person share the same sentiment "Eric is more handsome in person & so tall"

I have to come to Korea at least once to meet this guy. May be at Shinhwa reunion concert in 4 years time?

[08.10.09][news] Throngs of fans send Eric off to the army

Hi phiphi - OMG - really so many articles to read about his entry to the camp yesterday. Thanks for sharing all these. Whoa......... maybe JunJin is closest to him among the group & Andy is the least one why he jokingly said that - hahaha. At least, he won't be feeling sad & alone since KDW is following him next month. For sure, he's going to think the rest of the group since they're almost together everyday. But so sad that his family can't be with him yesterday because of his sister's wedding. It's sadder that he wasn't able to attend it. I hope his training will be a success & it won't be hard for him. Wondering what's udong, huh? And I don't think he regret giving up his US citizenship because in the first place it was his choice. And about his new haircut - he looks cool & what he said, refreshing - hahaha - I hope he'll do fine there - that he'll be safe & healthy. And he's assigned in the Transportation/subway station - wondering what work is he going to do there? Wow, 300-fans were there? And I didn't expect that all his fans from all walks in Asia will be there to support him. I thought all along that when I saw those pics yesterday, those fans were all Korean. Just don't know how to describe my feeling now. I wish I was there to show also my support. :)

Picture thread @ Soompi Pics Section

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251860

Kriza posted a video on her youtube...

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oEic5GOlI

And more pictures from EricVoice.

[] mr6su1hl.jpg[/]

[i 3tgibpi6.jpg[/]

Hi ginnie - thanks for posting all these photos here. Wondering what is he holding here? And thanks also for sharing the link. :lol::)

Hi phiphi - OMG - really so many articles to read about his entry to the camp yesterday. Thanks for sharing all these. Whoa......... maybe JunJin is closest to him among the group & Andy is the least one why he jokingly said that - hahaha. At least, he won't be feeling sad & alone since KDW is following him next month.

Hi willenette, it was really flooded with lots of pic & news articles.

I'm sure fan cams will show up very soon.

If I remember correctly Eric said he is closest with Andy as they knew each other way back in US before signing up for Shinhwa.

Andy is like a younger brother to him.

Not sure if Dongwan will go to the same boot camp but by then Eric might just finish his basic training and returns to Seoul to start his civil service.

Wondering what is he holding here?

Microphones? Look like a big package of explosive huh?

Hi willenette, it was really flooded with lots of pic & news articles.

I'm sure fan cams will show up very soon.

If I remember correctly Eric said he is closest with Andy as they knew each other way back in US before signing up for Shinhwa.

Andy is like a younger brother to him.

Not sure if Dongwan will go to the same boot camp but by then Eric might just finish his basic training and returns to Seoul to start his civil service.

Microphones? Look like a big package of explosive huh?

phiphi, thanks for the reply. I saw the video & saw some fans crying there while Eric was all smiles. :)

Guest ..kaleena..

Thanks for all the pics and articles everyone!

aigoo.. i'm so so so so sad..... The day has finally come! arghhhh, it still hasn't sunk in yet, i think x_X

He still looks so handsome! That smile is irresistable. I'm glad he left in good spirits! i hope the members and him had an unforgettable dinner. *sigh* this is gunna ruin my birthday, i swear XD

ERIC HWAITINGGGGGGGGG!!!

SARANG HAE!!!

Guest lollipop

Lol lovewinter, you & your friend are hard core fans, 7 hours of waiting around.

If I remember correctly you were planning to be at the camp around noonish but you gals were there at almost 7am?

Guess don't want to kick yourself for missing it if he went in in the morning huh? Better be safe than sorry!

So glad you had a good time!

It seems every one who had met Eric in person share the same sentiment "Eric is more handsome in person & so tall"

I have to come to Korea at least once to meet this guy. May be at Shinhwa reunion concert in 4 years time?

Hello phiphi69, actually we were debating if we camp the night before...then decided to take the earliest train ride (KTX)...I actually have to wake them up 'coz our train leave @ 5:20 a.m. ... when we got there no one's was there ... like you said, we had a goodtime... Eric is darn gorgeous. He even acknowledge and smile at me when I told "Eric" where I am from :wub: To be honest, he answered every question Let's plan yo come to Korea on "Shinwa Reunion Concert in 4 years? Just let me know, count me in!

ginnie thank a bunch for all the pictures...I took cam on him...

Eric I will missed you :tears:, take care and be well :wub:

Yes, It really worth the trip to Nonsan though we we waited for him 7 hrs. Lollipop and Lovewinter, right ?

He looks good and refreshing with his new haircut.

Eric, take care and stay healthy. We will wait for your return.

Aza Aza Fighting ~~

:)

Regards,

Angeline

Guest lovewinter

Hi phiphi69

I am glad that you can still rememer me.

Since I am already in Korea, will try not to miss this opportunity to see my favourite star to give him my support.

Although is a long wait and tiring trip, but you will feel happy the moment you see him!

Hopefully in 4 years time, they will do an Asian Concert!