[drama 2007] White Tower [ 하얀 거탑]

shirley

Guest suzziee

thx as always my dears- dramaok, jahye and shirley! (in alphabetical order)

I'm sad this is over, the post production hype has died down and soon we will have to descend the tower and move on. So many exciting dramas at this point of March too! What is everyone else watching?

=======

I watched and listened to the radio clip, HOW does KMM transform his voice of his own to that of Dr Jang's just like THAT? It was kind of freaky, although I think I'd be more creeped if I had just been a radio listener.

I can't imagine him as Dr Choi either.

And if the reporter in the post-production party was smitter by lee seon gyun, this dj is crazy delirious over KMM. omg. It was kind of freaky to watch her screw up her lines on national radio as she was so giddy that he was in the studio (I'd probably be the same way but hey! that will never happen to me so I can be hoity-toity about it :lol: )

=========

Heh this picture just made me laugh so much heheheh

http://image.dcinside.com/viewimage.php?id...e32354458db343a

Pictures of our favourite angels-

BBE7C1F80012_1-tjdl0702.jpg

20005.jpg

kyun1.jpgkyun7.jpg

credits: dcinside

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

i was also watching some old clips of LSG in some of his earlier work.. and you know what? i think i was more swooned by dr. choi than LSG himself..

it's the combination of the character's integrity, gentleness, and confidence, together with LSG's overglown bangs and unkept suits that made him just that much more attractive to me. i miss dr. choi... ><

suzziee, yeah there are a lotta dramas coming out right now.. so many to choose from, but WHITE TOWER is like none other... won't be another one like this for a while...

i'm watching 'que sera sera' and to my surprise i'm totally enjoying it! even though the cast and genre aren't my usual cup. it's a delightful watch so far. (only 2 so far though). it's the one that replaced 'white tower' timeslot.

other than that i'm getting back into kbs wkend 'blissful woman'.. somewhat cliched and somewhat annoying here and there, but there's another gentle manly soul in there.. my dr. choi replacement for the time being. haha.

sorta gave up on everything else.. or just having a hard time getting motivated to get into anything else.. yourself?

Guest jahye

yup she is that grandmother from Someday .~ ..i was delighted to have her as dr jang mother .....

thanks for the radio show .. he sings My way in it ^^

Ah, Someday.. what a hidden gem. That woman is an old cutie. ^_^

And if the reporter in the post-production party was smitter by lee seon gyun, this dj is crazy delirious over KMM. omg. It was kind of freaky to watch her screw up her lines on national radio as she was so giddy that he was in the studio (I'd probably be the same way but hey! that will never happen to me so I can be hoity-toity about it :lol: )

:lol: I was thinking the same thing! It's rare for bigger name actors like KMM to come out on shows and the radio like this, so she must have thanked the heavens he came on her show.

Kim Myeong Min on Lee Moon Sae's radio show

03202jp8.jpg

03204ei7.jpg

032012659ve8.jpg

032032659su7.jpg

032052659wf9.jpg

Download mp3 file from megaupload or gigeshare

Kim Myeong Min interview on SBS ‘생방송 TV연예’

82068887qm0.jpg

Download from megaupload or gigeshare

They showed some clips of his past work

73413980vp8.jpg

57439914ox1.jpg

:lol: dramas from the 1990s! Remember how terrible those were yet we still loved to watch them??

There's some personal videos from the fan meeting taken by fans who went. They're posted in KMM's dcinside board. I would upload them but they're the kind that are embedded into the webpage, so no luck. If you go to KMM's dcinside board and search for 팬미팅 동영상 the videos will show up. :)

A bit of Lee Sun Gyoon news.. I read on Newsen he'll be starring in SG Wannabe's new music video. I forget who the other actor is, but I know the actress in the music video is going to be singer, Ock Ju Hyun and there will be a kiss scene..

thx as always my dears- dramaok, jahye and shirley! (in alphabetical order)

I'm sad this is over, the post production hype has died down and soon we will have to descend the tower and move on. So many exciting dramas at this point of March too! What is everyone else watching?

There were about 5-6 new dramas that started recently :blink: I felt stressed about being able to download all the shows.

I haven't watched Que Sera Sera yet.. sorry dramaok but I have sort of a hate issue with Eric. You could say I'm one of his antis. He's just way overrated to me. :ph34r: But you seem to be into it so maybe it's not bad. I'll look into it.

Monday/Tuesday nights don't have any must watch dramas, IMO. SBS The Person I Love is double bleh, wretched storyline and bad acting. KBS Hello! Baby is a bit bland. I'm a non-fan of Lee Da Hye, neither fan nor anti, just neutral. I always thought her acting was a teensy bit exaggerated compared to say Nam Sang Mi, who can pull off the cute role without going overboard the least bit. Lee Ji Hoon, he's OK and Ha Suk Jin.. his eyes bug the hell out of me. Its been only 2 episodes so maybe the story will pick up faster, but I wasn't very motivated to keep watching. MBC H.I.T. has a nice cast and the premise makes it seem cool, but the actual writing and production looks cheap and cliche. It's like any other drama except the profession is crime investigators.. ooh, ah.. you can expect to see typical storylines of people not getting along but come together to solve a crime and fall in love and yeah.. it's like the same thing with Surgeon Bong Dahl Hee. Cliched storylines you'll see in any drama, the only difference is they're doctors. People still eat this stuff up though judging by Bong Dahl Hee's high ratings.

Wednesday/Thursday nights are probably the best of what's out right now. I haven't been able to watch KBS The Devil yet, but I'm sure everyone in here has already and has their own thoughts about it. I just watched the first episode of MBC Thank You and it's something to keep an eye out for. I need to watch more episodes to determine if it's well written or just another sappy, death-fest drama, but Jang Hyeok! Gong Hyo Jin! and Choi Kang Hee! but only for the first episode. :( To my surprise, SBS Witch Yoo Hee was quite appealing. It has a certain charm to it. Maybe because I'm a slight fan of Han Ga In. I thought she improved her acting a lot in Dr. Kkaeng and I enjoyed that drama. But she hasn't quite mastered her role in Witch Yoo Hee. I think the role is a little too big for her, but still the drama is cute. If it weren't for Dennis O I'd probably like it even more. Dennis O.. <_< no one in America would hire you so you come to Korea where the crazy fangirls choose beauty over substance. Nice try Dennis, but you don't fool me. You.Can.Not.Act. Sorry for the rant.. :sweatingbullets: Some things you just NEED to get off your chest.

I don't have anything to say about the weekend dramas. The only one I watch is KBS Dae Jo Young, but it's already past 50 episodes so it would be hard to catch up.

So what's everyone else watching??

Guest dramaok

:o KMM looks like kim rae-won in his earlier days.

dramas form the 90's. puhahahha... yes.. they were terrible. lol. but addictive just as well.

i'm a little allergic to eric too... but i still find que sera sera a good watch. okay i do fast forward some parts like the second leads (very dramatic)..

but eric is quirky and fun to watch in it. and the music. the bomb.

Guest deelow

Sorry to bother you all but I can't find a HQ cut of episode 15 in anyone's clubbox. Kinda strange. Is there a story to that?

Anyway, if someone can tell me where I can download a HQ cut of episode 15 I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Guest ilsa06

i am a certified medical drama junkie and i watched th elikes of 'er', 'house', 'grey's anatomy', over the years. there was this one episode of 'chicago hope' which stuck in my mind. the scene was a dinner date at a high end restaurant, when the senior surgeon saw a young associate drinking wine, he immediately went to his table and berated him for drinking (albeit socially) wine on the eve of an operation. he told him that in no uncertain terms that no iota of alcohol should be found in his system which in turn could affect his skills an djudgment on the operating table the next day.

but in 'white tower', the top notch surgeons and their underlings seem to enjoy alcohol a bit too much even if they are scheduled for a procedure. also, is it normal for surgeons to show their operating and stitching skills on national tv ? it shows a lot of ethics and unprofessionalism on part of korean doctors. doctors here in america and the philippines certainly do not practice this kind of stunt to attract patients and publicity!

i am a certified medical drama junkie and i watched th elikes of 'er', 'house', 'grey's anatomy', over the years. there was this one episode of 'chicago hope' which stuck in my mind. the scene was a dinner date at a high end restaurant, when the senior surgeon saw a young associate drinking wine, he immediately went to his table and berated him for drinking (albeit socially) wine on the eve of an operation. he told him that in no uncertain terms that no iota of alcohol should be found in his system which in turn could affect his skills an djudgment on the operating table the next day.

but in 'white tower', the top notch surgeons and their underlings seem to enjoy alcohol a bit too much even if they are scheduled for a procedure. also, is it normal for surgeons to show their operating and stitching skills on national tv ? it shows a lot of ethics and unprofessionalism on part of korean doctors. doctors here in america and the philippines certainly do not practice this kind of stunt to attract patients and publicity!

i want to add in the second paragraph, it should say ' it shows a lack of ethics and unprofessionalism on part of korean doctors. is it realistic to show that? i know doctors are certainly invited to talk about diseases and the likes but never to show their operating and stitching skills on fruits etc. etc. i think this scene place korean doctors in bad light and this is unfair on korean doctors practicing medicine here in america!

Guest suzziee

:o I'm just back from holiday and I have so much to catch up from- the extended goodies from this thread, and all the new dramas.

It just seems like after a break you get so overwhelmed that it seems tiring and an uphill struggle to be caught up all over again. haha. who am I kidding. I'll probably enjoy myself. :P

===

I always thought KMM looked like an older version of KRW. But KRW has a looong way to go before he even matches the range that KMM has. Does anyone get the impression from those KMM interviews that he doesn't really enjoy talking about his role in <White Tower> and he'd sort of rather move on and let all the hype and praise over Dr Jang die down? Not because he personally felt that he didn't do a good job, but I think he probably wants to get over his initial depression (hence all his smoking drinking et al.) and move on.

i want to add in the second paragraph, it should say ' it shows a lack of ethics and unprofessionalism on part of korean doctors. is it realistic to show that? i know doctors are certainly invited to talk about diseases and the likes but never to show their operating and stitching skills on fruits etc. etc. i think this scene place korean doctors in bad light and this is unfair on korean doctors practicing medicine here in america!

I think drinking and smoking is a personal choice.. shouldnt be tied to one's choice of profession. You can be a mafia leader and not drink and smoke, or you can be a doctor and be the heaviest drinker and smoker. That shouldn't affect how professional or how good you are at your job, unless of course you stumble into the operating theatre drunk or something.. but nothing has ever happened like that in <White Tower> just a big clash of ideas, principles.. intellectual differences that set off conflict.

And LOL dramas of the 90s where backpacks for women were all the rage and the dark lipstick looked like it could murder people. :ph34r:

But I fell for them anyway and their fairytales. So strange but I fell for all that "youre my one and only" type dramas and these dramas dont sit too well with me these days. quite allergic to them in fact :P

=====

And on reccomendation by Jahye and dramaok, I currently have 3 unwatched episodes of <Thank you>, 4 unwatched episodes of <Que Sera Sera>, 4 episodes of <Witch Amusement> and the only drama that I have so far caught up to is <Mawang>

I finally saw that operation scene in <Thank you> It was soo fake. Like smeared raspberry jam alll over the place with what seemed like sloppy surgical work (Although I think they meant to show the efficiency and deftness of the surgeon) but after <White Tower>.... eeeeeeew? Both are MBC dramas, couldn't they at least have borrowed the <White Tower> operation theatre set and taken a few tips from the WT production team?!?! haha. I'm so far 15 minutes into episode 1 and somehow it has a sense of unrealistic fairytale-ness to it. I'm not quite sure. Like the show is deliberately trying to not steep itself in reality? But I shall reserve final judgment till further episodes.

<Mawang> is pretty alright. The script doesnt disapppoint. As a lit/arts buff, I'm impressed with the amount of research the writer has put in to integrate the symbols of evil... stuff like Faust, Lucifer, the workings of tarot cards and psychometry.. Its so much more than a plot device. UTW does such a great job, but that tends to sort of overshadow the other 2 leads.. but definitely watchable.

And then there's <HIT>? I can be allergic to Go Hyun Jung sometimes.. didn't like her too much in her previous works but this new drama is a genre that I can see myself liking... But if its just an import of the American type dramas onto Korean TV then.. maybe not. And also, has anyone have opinions on later episodes of <Hello! Miss>? I watched the first episode and got turned off but some say it gets better so....? Argh too many dramas too little time

Guest ilsa06

===

And LOL dramas of the 90s where backpacks for women were all the rage and the dark lipstick looked like it could murder people. :ph34r:

But I fell for them anyway and their fairytales. So strange but I fell for all that "youre my one and only" type dramas and these dramas dont sit too well with me these days. quite allergic to them in fact :P

=====

i've been watching on kbs world 'first love' featuring a very, very young, very fresh and pretty choi ji woo plus other actresses who sport those dark, dark lipstick. looking back at that era, one cannot help lol about those lipstick, over the top gelled look for men's hairstyle etc. now on kdramas we see curly-curly big haired women like chae rim in oh-dalja's spring, romantic look with braids, etc. etc. and layered ,permed hair for men. interestingly these kind of hairstyles are not so hot in the west. in contrast to korean movies, we can see a more natural look more of dressing down for lead stars to stay in with their characters. maybe a few years in the future, we'll all be laughing at how dated they all look on these dramas.

Guest suzziee

*yohooo.. anyone home in the tower*? :P

I just came to post some updates :)

1) White Tower OST concert

There'll be a concert at the Olympic Park on the 28th April!

Those in attendance include the PD, staff, actors, as well as those who worked on the album^^

A good chance to relive the emotions of the drama through its music.

Ticket prices: 100,000 won, 66, 000 won, 44,000 won :sweatingbullets:

2) Nominations for the 43rd Baeksang Awards

Shirley provided the link above.

The award show is on 25th April

<White Tower> is up for best drama against <Jumong>, <Alone in Love>, <Hwang Jini> and <Seoul 1945>

People who have watched the others, what do you think personally? Who deserves to win? I only saw <Alone in Love> and liked it alot, but <White Tower> is on a totally different scale IMO.

Ahn Panseok PD is also up for best producer award against the other PDs of the dramas above...

KMM is up for best actor award in the drama category...

And finally our Dr Choi, Lee Seongyun is up for best newcomer. :)

3) The bootleg China version of the DVD out! :lol:

viewimagews1.jpg

so funny how there's 2 KMM photos... and where is Dr Choi...? (probably running around in the hospital trying to save lives and hence no time to show up on the cover LOL :P)

Great advertising gimmick on the part of these DVD producers, seeing as how CIP is hot hot hot in China

And... no news on official DVD release...? :( A director's cut would be nice... pretty pleasee~~

Guest suzziee

3) The bootleg China version of the DVD out! :lol:

viewimagews1.jpg

so funny how there's 2 KMM photos... and where is Dr Choi...? (probably running around in the hospital trying to save lives and hence no time to show up on the cover LOL :P)

Great advertising gimmick on the part of these DVD producers, seeing as how CIP is hot hot hot in China

And... no news on official DVD release...? :( A director's cut would be nice... pretty pleasee~~

related article http://www.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20070404027003

Guest jingjuna

this drama ended but i loved the fact that it was a great drama and also short... i hate when dramas are dragged out

Guest dramaok

isn't it ironic.. that in the end neither choi or jang went in the white tower.. since it was never completed in time for them. .. right?

Guest HaHaMum

Sorry to bother you all but I can't find a HQ cut of episode 15 in anyone's clubbox. Kinda strange. Is there a story to that?

Anyway, if someone can tell me where I can download a HQ cut of episode 15 I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

i also looking for ep 15 (white tower) .... anyone can upload it in e clubbox pls....tks....

i also looking for ep 15 (white tower) .... anyone can upload it in e clubbox pls....tks....

Episode 15? :unsure: clubbox link? :unsure:

I know for sure WITHS2CB has this series all 20 eps :D

But wait... hmmm where's ep 15? :blink:

I'll check again and will upload it for you...

Guest HaHaMum

Episode 15? :unsure: clubbox link? :unsure:

I know for sure WITHS2CB has this series all 20 eps :D

But wait... hmmm where's ep 15? :blink:

I'll check again and will upload it for you...

thank you very much for u to upload ep 15 so efficiently, many thanks... by e way do u noe who did the eng sub? many thanks again..

Guest suzziee

isn't it ironic.. that in the end neither choi or jang went in the white tower.. since it was never completed in time for them. .. right?

dramaok ^^

I just saw your reply... but I'm curious, what do you refer to as the white tower here? the ultimate fame and glory? :mellow:

why wasn't it ever completed on time? enlighten me please hehe

thank you very much for u to upload ep 15 so efficiently, many thanks... by e way do u noe who did the eng sub? many thanks again..

no eng subs, chinese subs up till ep 3 if you're so inclined.

Archived