[drama 2007] White Tower [ 하얀 거탑]

shirley

I'm watching this on video..which comes out a bit later than Korea..

I must say. One of the best dramas EVER.

And in my opinion those who truely know K-drama watch this. It seems in soompi, most people watch dramas/shows for the cast instead of the actual show.

I love the suspense in this drama. The feeling of anticipation I get every time I watch it. Very great indeed.

Dr.Choi - My favorite ever! I love him. He's not the best looking. But I just like how he looks. A strong person but with a kind heart and very intelligent. Smart is sexy. Well..to me ^^. His voice just kills me. It's manly but full of maturity and kindness.

Dr.Jang - Very, greedy. A bit ambitious for me. But I like his independent and prideful character. His glares are scary but his willingness to work hard for what he wants is what I admire the most. And he's a kind person by heart :)

Dr.Yeon - Cute! When my mom was watching this and I waesn't. I only liked "The guy in glasses" You can tell he has a weak heart. I really like him. Really.

The lawyer - He's so nerdy in a really museesuh (cool) way. I really like him and his passion (?)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

i just wonder what you all think of the last two letters especially that letter of appeal .? ..someone pt me to this article and the PD has this last comment for the letter . er what was he actually saying ?

http://www.kukinews.com/life/article/view....76227&cp=nv

연출자 안판석 PD는 “장 과장이 남긴 두 통의 편지(상고이유서와 시신기증서)는 어떻게 보면 인간에 대한 정의를 함축적으로 말해주는 대목”이라면서 “작품 평가는 시간이 어느 정도 지난 후 차분하게 살펴볼 것”이라고 말했다.

ahn pan-seok pd said, 'the two letter left by chief jang (statement of appeal to supreme court, and declaration of corpse donation) can perhaps been seen as a vital point in expressing human justice' and furthermore, 'after some time passes in appraisal of the work (drama), it (letter) will be inspected quietly'..

(the deceased family is waiting to see if they can go to supreme court before jang got so ill)..

what happened in the j-version?

Guest dramaok

whltet0were20korhdtvripai9.jpg

whltet0were20korhdtvripxj9.jpg

jang: "my operation was perfect. it wasn't me. i did no wrong."

---------------

indexlinkimagephpno2007ce7.jpg

lee seon-gyun appeared on talk show for the first time since his debut as actor.

the mbc talk show '이재용 임예진의 기분 좋은 날' [lee jae-yong and im ye-jin's good-feeling day'].

it aired on 3-15-07. anyone have a clip?

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/star_vie...031417074910276

Guest suzziee

On the two letters- I was just stunned that such a stubborn, self-righteous(?) personality could exist. Plus the fact there was no deathbed remorse/repenting scene.. just a reaffirmation of his self conviction... woah. I personally can't identify with Dr Jang's character but I think its a suitable ending to give justice to his character.

But I was just thinking- with Dr Jang's death, does the claim survive? If the claim is framed in medical negligence, its logical to think that the claim is against Dr Jang himself (although in reality the hospital will end up possibly with joint negligence liability) but its essentially a personal action. Can it survive the tortfeasor's death? Hmmm...

So why exactly did the hospital want to hide the fact that Dr Jang was so seriously ill? thats the only leap in logic I can't make :ph34r:

And dramaok, is the programme airing tomorrow? 15th? I went to several clubboxes but I couldnt seem to find any files for the show (in general) :crazy:

I was stalkering around in Lee Seon Gyun's dc gallery-

viewimagehw2.jpg

viewimagelt5.jpg

Guest suzziee

More stalkering in DC brings additional clips of the ending party interviews! :w00t:

YTNstar (300+mb)-hq version of link shirley posted earlier

http://bigfile.naver.com/bigfileupload/dow...xtZM4JoKxuXKqt=.

SBS news (100+mb)

http://bigfile.naver.com/bigfileupload/dow...rpvFopvKxKrpAb=.

alternative link-

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...AF866130E687BB2

oh thanks suz ~ for the sbs clip lol i been wondering where to dl ^

ahn pan-seok pd said, 'the two letter left by chief jang (statement of appeal to supreme court, and declaration of corpse donation) can perhaps been seen as a vital point in expressing human justice' and furthermore, 'after some time passes in appraisal of the work (drama), it (letter) will be inspected quietly'..

(the deceased family is waiting to see if they can go to supreme court before jang got so ill)..

what happened in the j-version?

oh .the j version is the same .he too left two letters ..one for appeal and one to dr satomi aka dr choi here . to ask him to hand over his body for research .and on his ideals for cancer research and hope that dr satomi and others will be able to learnt more and uncover ways to make death from cancer to disappear one day .

before he die ..actually before he even know he dying ...he was very keen and determined to appeal and win the case and asked the lawyer that he will come up with a arugment to win the case .he was not able to accept the verdict that he was responsible for the medicial neligience .at the verdict ..he was pratically shouting he was not wrong .why is he responsible ..he operated on the man and remove his cancer cells.....er he fainted in the court room actually ..after that outburst..[that was in the tv version i saw ..i have not read the novel yet ]

.[but on his deathbed .just like dr jang was .....and in his dazed stage he did say dr satomi diagnosis is correct ..and asked for the knife for operation .but he he keep talking abt his cancer centre that was his last words and dream ]

but there was no appeal required from the family .i think they won the case ...er so why is this korean version .the family need to go to supreme court ? ....er i also dun really undestand the PD words of .the letter will be inspected quietly ? and human justice ? . :unsure:

*what was the actual wording of the verdict in this white tower ? i think it was in esp 18

lol i thought this candid capture was kinda of cute

WT1.jpg

Guest dramaok

thx suz! awww. maybe he and his girlfriend will call it quits soon. :ph34r:

----

but there was no appeal required from the family .i think they won the case ...er so why is this korean version .the family need to go to supreme court ? ....er i also dun really undestand the PD words of .the letter will be inspected quietly ? and human justice ? . :unsure:

*what was the actual wording of the verdict in this white tower ? i think it was in esp 18

in the k-version as well, the family is not trying to appeal to supreme court, that their life is on hold because they expected jang to appeal, so they were preparing to go as well.. but once jang got ill they thought they wouldn't have to go to supreme court, so they were hoping that they don't go to court again, and that jang also recovers. but in the end jang still appeals.. and he well.. you know.

as i recall, the verdict was that the court found jang negligent in his treatment (but no criminal offense as in calculated intention).

so they fined him 30,000,000 W to pay to the family (~30k usd) for emotional damage also they held him responsible for the deceased patient's medical bills and court fees.

as far as what the pd said.. i was thinking that human justice is not so much played out by human, but by a higher entity.

Guest suzziee

im watching the talkshow on streaming now...

wailzzzzz our dr choi has been taken for 4 years!! :tears: he met his gf from mutual friends since student times and hmm they enjoy cooking together :tears:

Is this the same actress person we were talking about in previous pages? :mellow:

i think this is the closest well ever get to a white tower special methinks- many many behind the scenes and other unseen interviews... I never knew the wine bar was a set! omo. and also dr choi's house, its in the same set and it has no bedroom :lol: i burst out laughing when he said he wonders why there are so many tea-drinking scenes with his wife but no bedroom hahaha

he says his closer friends in the ent biz are lee minki (from taereung) uhm taewoong and also oh manseok (bec they were in school together)

he reveals that taereung was one of his favourite productions and he really had a hard time playing his role in White tower and as to which senior he learnt the most from it was the actor who played pathologist dr oh (lee seon gyun said personally he's been a fan for the longest time)

also he said he gets alot more recognition now from ajummas and ajusshis and when he goes to eating places the ajumma gives him bigger shares :lol: and now he gets recognised as "lee seon gyun" instead of "oh the guy who played so and so's friend"

we also meet 2 of his best friends from school

arggghh where can i download this show i want to watch it properly without all the buffering! :tears:

as i recall, the verdict was that the court found jang negligent in his treatment (but no criminal offense as in calculated intention).

so they fined him 30k W to pay to the family (it's not a lotta money) for emotional damage also they held him responsible for the deceased patient's medical bills and court fees.

as far as what the pd said.. i was thinking that human justice is not so much played out by human, but by a higher entity.

ah okay . now i understand what the PD meant . if i dun take human justice as meant by human .

yup there are moments in the drama when i get very upset with dr jang and gang for covering up .

if they had immediately admit and apoloize ..things will not be as this is ...but the more they try to erase or ammend traces of their negligence ..it just make it really hard to *forgive * it ..and u wish if legal cant take them then some justice need to be done .i

.and later it come in the form of what happen to dr jang .but ....sigh when the verdict had already ruled in favour of the plantiff .and well maybe i have a soft heart .[i think the plantiff family too also just want to end this since they already got the verdict as a wrong that was indeed done ]

.i begin to feel bad that such a severe punhishment is given to dr jang in the way it happen ..... i know he still too stubborn and will fight to the end ..since he believed he was not wrong . the appeal letter just showed his conviction to his own cause to clear the wrong judgement of him but well ..the higher entity had already perform the justice in its own way .

there this interview from the japanese writer Toyoko Yamazaki. => i watched for the japan version of the white tower making of ...

she said that ..this novel was written nearly 40 years ago [ for drama adpation they also had to update and revised alot of the medicial terms and technology ..and certain aspect to make it fit the modern times . ]

..where there are so much less mediical negligence cases [ it is rare actually in the days when White tower was first published during the 1960s ] ..and till this day ..her story become more and more relevant despite the improvement in technology ..it is scary she said ..since it shows human attidue did not advance with the technology ....

how there are still ppl who did not have the sense of committment and duty ..and let such cases happen .if i recall correctly .. i think she sort of referred to it an act of * crime * [ so so the ending ..will perhaps show how justice is done ]

..[ oh and she did say ...dun look only at the *evil* side of dr zaizen [aka dr jang in here ] ..but rather he is a very outstanding and talented person but it was precisely this talent that drive him to become what he had become ] =>something to that effect i rem she was commenting .~ ^

i guess ..we are neither god ..but neither are we devils .....so there no extreme evil in white tower as well ..

im watching the talkshow on streaming now...

wailzzzzz our dr choi has been taken for 4 years!! :tears: he met his gf from mutual friends since student times and hmm they enjoy cooking together :tears:

Is this the same actress person we were talking about in previous pages? :mellow:

i think this is the closest well ever get to a white tower special methinks- many many behind the scenes and other unseen interviews... I never knew the wine bar was a set! omo. and also dr choi's house, its in the same set and it has no bedroom :lol: i burst out laughing when he said he wonders why there are so many tea-drinking scenes with his wife but no bedroom hahaha

he says his closer friends in the ent biz are lee minki (from taereung) uhm taewoong and also oh manseok (bec they were in school together)

he reveals that taereung was one of his favourite productions and he really had a hard time playing his role in White tower and as to which senior he learnt the most from it was the actor who played pathologist dr oh (lee seon gyun said personally he's been a fan for the longest time)

also he said he gets alot more recognition now from ajummas and ajusshis and when he goes to eating places the ajumma gives him bigger shares :lol: and now he gets recognised as "lee seon gyun" instead of "oh the guy who played so and so's friend"

we also meet 2 of his best friends from school

arggghh where can i download this show i want to watch it properly without all the buffering! :tears:

hoho .! people skip class you skip sleep to watch ! kek

* and he can cook too .~! ..why the good men are all taken so fast .~~ .utw and oms are his close friends .lol when will they be in a drama together .that will be one to watch ..

...quick go find the clip ~ i want to see more !! and hear his voice ^

Guest jahye

episode 15

episode 16

episode 17

episode 18

episode 19

episode 20

It's been forever since I was last in here, but I finally finished watching everything!

Other dramas I can watch in less than half an hour, but this, I need to set aside time and watch every minute of it.

i just have to post this gif ..it was one of the classic scene of esp 20 ~ i teared . - KMM acting was just flawless here .

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/shirley74/wt.gif

i been hoping to see this scene actually . ..in the japanese version of white tower it was the opening the very beginning ...- .dr zaizen in his office ..*practising his operation * as if he is a conductor at that time .this dr zaizen was at his finest moment .. anticipating so much more for his career ...

in this korean version .they reversed the sequence and make it into the ending when dr jang truly return to the momeries when he just a simple doctor which what he is doing give him such joy and pride .working with his follow coworkers ..you see the simle as he *move his hands * in his imaginery operation ..

..and this is when now he has nothing much left ..even his life is going away .... ....

:tears: Oh god! That scene had me in tears. That was his dream, at least originally it was. Not the title, not the power, but using this undeniable gift, his own hands to do something miraculous and life changing. And then his eyes open and.. it's all gone. :(

argggg episode 20

so painful to watch but I have to do it

the part where dr jang wants dr choi to give him a honest diagnosis....

omgggggggggggggggggggggg :tears::tears:

I still got chills from watching that part where he says

i need to know and make decisions for my own body and that i dont want to play along anymore

I will admit I never used to like Kim Myung Min.. even in stuff like <More beautiful than flowers>

but here.. he is PERFECT. he needs like a proper award. not the stuff they give at the daesangs.. but like.... an official acting award :ph34r:

ok i need to go back and finish off this difficult ep. -_-

does anyone feel sorry for his mistress... its horrid that she cant come to see him

I've been a longtime fan of Kim Myeong Min. To me he was one of the most ignored, underrated actors of his age in the late nineties, early 2000s.

Thank god people finally noticed what a great talent he is after Immortal Lee Soon Shin. His speech when he won the daesang that year was so touching for me. After being in the business for so long and going through some career lows he finally got his recognition.

I agree with you about the daesangs.. they mean crap most of the time. I think the drama awards need to be revamped and give out awards for merit and not just a silly party giving awards to the most popular actors or highest rated dramas.

I too felt sorry for the mistress. She didn't even get to see him one last time. :(

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6745/inde...hpno2007ce7.jpg

lee seon-gyun appeared on talk show for the first time since his debut as actor.

the mbc talk show '이재용 임예진의 기분 좋은 날' [lee jae-yong and im ye-jin's good-feeling day'].

it aired on 3-15-07. anyone have a clip?

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/star_vie...031417074910276

Does 상상플러스 (Sang Sang Plus) count as a talk show? They talk with the guests for the first half of the show and then play Old & New.

He came on this show in October 24th, 2006 (the 101st episode).

I watch this show every week, but I just happened to skip that episode because the other guest was movie actor Kim Soo Ro and I can't stand him :vicx:

And to be honest, I didn't know who Lee Sun Gyoon was at the time.. :sweatingbullets:

:( I think it's impossible to find 이재용 임예진의 기분 좋은 날 on clubbox. I don't know of any clubboxes that upload the morning shows daily.

MBC 이재용 임예진의 기분 좋은 날 and SBS 김승현 정은아의 좋은 아침 are rarely uploaded. At least, I've never seen these shows at any of the clubboxes I know of.

I know cartrider2000 uploads the LQ episodes of KBS 남희석 최은경의 여유만만, but thats it. :(

Guest suzziee

*hugs dramok tightly* you're an angel.... :D

im so afraid my connection will timeout on me and I can't see it... :tears: (i'd better not jinx myself)

and lol jahye! I thought we lost you for good somewhere... :P but yes, KMM has my newfound respect. I hear he has a new movie upcoming :) but somehow he seems so perfect for dramas~

and anyone else that watches the talkshow, do you somehow get the impression that lee seongyun is either very modest/constantly downplays his acting skills/abilities. Granted he's not a very experienced actor but I think he's actually quite tremendous in ability considering his somewhat late start and all... even KMM goes on about how this is a role that will aid him in his future and stuff... like it seems that all the acting prowess is unbalanced-ly focused on KMM (okay who to be fair did an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT job) while no one really notices LSG (except to gush over how his fans are mostly females).

Hmm I realise the above makes me sound like a jealous netizen fangirl of LSG which I'm not (well not really) but its just the impression I get from watching all the behind the scenes.. SO it just makes me think- "is it only me who thinks LSG has done Dr Choi plenty of justice?"

Guest dramaok

i think the verdict is still out on lee seon-gyun as an actor. he did awesome as dr. choi. perfect.

but i think dr. jang's role was much more challenging.. i'm glad though that lee seon-gyun is more recognized now.

i hope he plays in another drama soon... he seems really goofy and fun in real life, and modest too. i like how his friends rat on him about his stinky feet. hahahha.

mbc20070315avi003208872so4.jpg

i suppose he was a little overshadowed by kim myeong-min, and even though i'm not a huge fan of KMM,

i think he was the best performer as well. even though those daesang awards may not always mean something,

in the case of KMM i think it was justified. i was very impressed by KMM in here. i read that the pd originally had another actor in mind, but since the other actor couldn't make it work schedule-wise, they cast KMM, and how great that turned out...

yeah i think lee seon-gyun's gf is jeon hye-jin. she comes out on the cable adult drama 'romance hunter' right now:

hunter3_2506.jpg

http://www.chtvn.com/DM/?bm=16&mn=21055314

do you know she played so ji-seop's twin sister in 'i'm sorry i love you'..? the one with brain damage.

Guest suzziee

woah... SJS's twin sister!! :wacko:

LSG's girlfriend keeps looking different with every picture I see of her- first of the one you posted a couple of pages back dramaok, then for Romance Hunter and then my mental image of her in Misa... like three different people altogehter. :mellow:

And pwoahhhh Dr Yeom is hot hot hot... how could he hide all those abs under that robe!! Although does anyone think that hairstyle doesnt fit the shoot ahahhaha....

=======

yup, exactly my point that while Lee Seon-gyun might not fight with the best out there in the trade, and that while Dr Jang is a much more complex character- in fact I was reading an article with PD Ahn Pan-seok and he said that Dr Choi's character doesn't exist in real life, too perfect and his sole purpose is to serve as a litmus test against Dr Jang's character- but anyway I just think that he should be accredited more than just being hailed as a character that ajummas go crazy over :ph34r:

But I agree that its not fair to praise him/ bash him whole heartedly based on this one drama- which is the reason why I'm downloading Taereung National Sports Village as we speak now to see what he was like, and also because LSG says its his favourite role to date :blush: Its available at Creidesca's cb if any one is interested.

And LOL I was stalkering around the dc boards and KMM fans are up in arms because yesterday in the talk show they described dr choi as a "good doctor" vs dr jang's "bad doctor" and so many people are seriously outraged its pretty funny :lol:

But anyhows I'm pretty satisfied without a special and just with that talkshow. It was completely different from what I expected and alot more White Tower focused so I'm quite happy ^^

March 16, 2007

Kim Myung-min Still Haunted by 'White Tower' Role

20070316000900ft2.jpg

It's well-known fact that actor Kim Myung-min doesn't smoke -- there's a famous story of him passing out after smoking cigarettes all day for a scene in the 2001 movie "Sorum (Goosebumps)". And yet, to our surprise, during a recent interview he politely asked if he could light up, and he then proceeded to suck down several cigarettes one after the next. “I tried to be a surgeon, but that turned me into a smoker,” he joked.

Kim was referring to the past five months that he spent playing Jang Joon-hyeok on MBC's hit drama “White Tower.” Jang Joon-hyeok is a brilliant and power-hungry surgeon who suffers a medical accident and eventually dies of cancer. Now that the show is finished, Kim has finally had a chance to return to himself. But the strain of the performance has taken its toll on the actor, for when the Chosun Ilbo met with him for the interview, he looked haggard.

-- You looked terribly pale during the last episode. Was that make-up?

“I imagined that I really was a sick person, and that made me really get sick towards the end. I felt like all these viruses were getting into my body. I felt so sorry for Jang Joon-hyeok, he was dying after all that stuff he had been through. It almost made me feel like I was going crazy. I lost so much weight that I'm just skin and bones now.”

-- How did you feel when you watched the final scene?

“I watched it at home, and I felt like it was me who had actually died. I sat there empty-headed until late at night.”

-- Do you feel better now?

“I still feel empty. I also had hard time with depression when I finished shooting the KBS drama ‘The Immortal Yi Sun-shin.’ I comforted myself by thinking, ‘It’s only because I've been shooting this drama for too long.’ When I started shooting the latest show, I thought I wouldn't feel so empty because it was just 20 episodes, but it turned out devastating.”

-- I heard that it took up to 20 hours to shoot a single operation scene. The delicate portrayal of the scene even became the talk of the town. What was the hardest part for you?

“It's not too difficult to imitate a surgeon if you watch surgery videos and do a little practice. What was most difficult for me was understanding the character. First of all, I couldn't understand being a surgeon as an occupation. Before shooting this, I thought that doctors were unkind and easily annoyed. So it wasn't easy for me to become one that I hardly sympathized with.”

-- What do you think about Jang Joon-hyeok?

“I couldn't understand at first why he was so obsessed with power when he's already a genius as everybody recognizes. But I got to understand his passion and self-awareness that made him think that as the best surgeon, he could save more lives. He was a more realistic, humane and integral character than anybody else. And that's what made viewers identify with him. He may have been viewed as a villain, but many times I cried for him in my heart. That may be why I've found it so hard to forget about him.”

-- You've mostly played characters who agonize over their identity and their sufferings in life. Jang Joon-hyeok, Yong-hyun in the film “Sorum,” and even Dalgun in the comic drama “Bad Family” are all similar in that respect. How do you choose your roles?

“I like the noir genre. I feel a catharsis by playing a character who struggles to make a better life from nothing and goes through heartbreaking or devastating experiences while doing that. My most favorite movie is ‘The Fan’ with Robert De Niro because it was chilling to see an ordinary man going crazy as he becomes more and more enthusiastic about a famous baseball player.”

-- You lived in obscurity for quite a long time after your debut in 1996. And even after you started to become known as an actor, you had some breaks from time to time. How did you deal with those times?

“Things didn't go well as I thought they would after ‘Sorum.’ It almost killed me then, and I thought seriously about immigrating to New Zealand. But looking back now, the hardships I suffered then have made me more patient and moderate.”

-- You may feel strongly about all the characters you've played, but which of them do you think is most like you?

“Well, I think that's Jang Joon-hyeok. He's similar to me in that we both want to be the best. The difference, if anything, is that he's already the best but still has ambitions to go higher and higher, whereas I'm still struggling to be the best. I still have long way to go.”

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0703160009.html

*sob* .that MBC show clip for dr choi ..link died on me when i was on 80% ~!! feel like the heart machine in those operation scene that goes TIIIIIII on me !!! .....

if there anyone find any other links ...please post .! THANKS SO MUCH in advance !!!

omo ..lee seon-gyun's gf is that retarded sister in MISA!~ ..nearly cant match the pictures posted with that image of the sister in MISA~ .....

yup, exactly my point that while Lee Seon-gyun might not fight with the best out there in the trade, and that while Dr Jang is a much more complex character- in fact I was reading an article with PD Ahn Pan-seok and he said that Dr Choi's character doesn't exist in real life, too perfect and his sole purpose is to serve as a litmus test against Dr Jang's character- but anyway I just think that he should be accredited more than just being hailed as a character that ajummas go crazy over :ph34r:

i suppose for white tower .dr jang is obviously the most challengeing role in it and i always feel it was like it was one of those dreamlike role in a drama for any actor to take it ..since it is so complicated to really understand this role and much less protray it such that the audience identify with you ..and yes dr choi 's role in contrast can be overshadowed .but yet

we need dr choi . there also as balancing figure ..i like what Lee Seon-gyun has done for dr choi . intially based on his apperance in the captures of the drama i was having some doubts abt this dr choi .if he can fit the role .. ..since i never know abt lee seon gyun ..

but then i was surprised at his natural gentleness .in being dr choi .and not forgetting his omg voice * ^ he stand up quite well against dr jang in some scenes ... ...shd want to see more of him in other dramas ..~ ...

*white tower is like a arena where you can pit your acting skills against one another and get the best out of each other * ..that one major appeal of it too .

I've been a longtime fan of Kim Myeong Min. To me he was one of the most ignored, underrated actors of his age in the late nineties, early 2000s.

Thank god people finally noticed what a great talent he is after Immortal Lee Soon Shin. His speech when he won the daesang that year was so touching for me. After being in the business for so long and going through some career lows he finally got his recognition.

I agree with you about the daesangs.. they mean crap most of the time. I think the drama awards need to be revamped and give out awards for merit and not just a silly party giving awards to the most popular actors or highest rated dramas.

*jahye finally also managed to complete white tower ^ ^

yeah .me too ..was pretty touched when he receievd the daesang that night .!~ .been quite a fan of his acting since more beautiful then flower a few years back ..~! ...i went abit crazy over him ..went dig up all i can read on him which was not alot in a language i know ..~ i rem i used to read abt that he nearly give up acting ..to migrate overseas when he going through some career lows .and was so glad he said that admiral lee role come to him and he stayed ! otherwise we will not be able to witness his performance in any more projects ..and that will be a loss . .

he starting a new movie soon..~ ..as a dectective ..

this from a mag interview recently

KMN.jpg

Dr.Yeon - Cute! When my mom was watching this and I waesn't. I only liked "The guy in glasses" You can tell he has a weak heart. I really like him. Really.

yup .i always called him as the *doc with the glasses in the first half of the drama * he cute ..

'yeom dong-il' actor ki tae-yeong [기태영]. hotter than you think. hehe. wow he's been acting for 9 years.

*how did he managed to keep that covered under that white robe * ...lol remind me of the hulk ke and all this while i was thinking he so poor thing and wanted to tell those ppl .* stop bullying dr yeom !!stop pushing him into the corner * ..

-- What do you think about Jang Joon-hyeok?

“I couldn't understand at first why he was so obsessed with power when he's already a genius as everybody recognizes. But I got to understand his passion and self-awareness that made him think that as the best surgeon, he could save more lives. He was a more realistic, humane and integral character than anybody else. And that's what made viewers identify with him. He may have been viewed as a villain, but many times I cried for him in my heart. That may be why I've found it so hard to forget about him.”

thks for reposting this .

kim myun min really bring out that complexity of dr jang so marvellously well ..*it must have been so exhaustive at the end to give such a great amount of emotional into a role like this ... * ....so stressful he had to smoke . just a temporary thing i hope ...not very good for health ..

Okay.. I just finsihed watching.

I really did cry a bucket. From the end of episode 19 there was no time that I didn't cry a bucket. Even when I squealed about how cool Dr. Choi is or laugh about how funny Dr.Jang's witty comments during surgury to his assitance I was still crying. I have seen a lot of dramas, and that was the drama that I cried most in.

I fount it terrifyingly sad when Dr.Jang started loosing his memory, asking for Dr.Yeon and reading the news paper upsidedown. The saddest part was when his mom started walking into the hospital. The tears were coming down like a fountain for me.

Dr.Jang affected so many people in so many ways. His hoobae's respect him but still can be pretty comfortable with hime (with the jokes). The bosses admire him. It was sad seeing so many Doctors cry. The two assistance, seeing how they were about the break down and bawl even before the last episode and the father in law. Oh and the wife. Seeing how they were so helpless without him broke my heart.

And Dr.Choi. Oh man..When he broke down was hearbreaking too.

Kim Myeong Min is a great acter and I give him my applause. From his glares to his words, everything about his acting just made it so perfect. Especially when he was sick. It seemed so real, I forgot I was staring at the TV screen.

Lee Seon Gyun is great too! Though he's not as good as KMM. I think he protrayed Dr. Choi amazingly. He just fits the role. And not to mention, Dr.Choi is my favorite!

Guest dramaok

shirley,

i uploaded for you. hope it works. if not let me know i'll upload a different place. i think you should see it it's a nice segment on lee seon-gyun and also white tower in general.

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/524348/MBC20070315____.avi

There really aren't any English subs for this drama, right? :tears: I wanna watch it so badly.

if you live in the states and if there's a korean drama rental near you you might consider renting this w/ english subs on the dvds.

or if you're in LA area it's being played friday nights w/ english subs.

Archived