[drama 2007] White Tower [ 하얀 거탑]

shirley

That's a great review you posted Rubie, thanks! Looks like this drama is making waves on other high notes from notables from the entertainment industry/literary/reporters/media...i'm so satisfied on this front...

Doesn't Kim Myung Ming aka Dr Jang look arrogantly divine in the pics in the court room? Aiyoooo ha!ha!

Off Topic, just started on Admiral Yi Soon Shin... U LA LA loving every minute...only subbed till 20 something though and it has 104 Episodes?! aiyo

So the courtroom drama has begun....

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great review you posted Rubie, thanks! Looks like this drama is making waves on other high notes from notables from the entertainment industry/literary/reporters/media...i'm so satisfied on this front...

Hi teileen2, always happy to share a great review/update anytime. :) I've watched and loved the Japanese White Tower. Glad that the Korean White Tower is getting constant positive rave since the beginning. Hope we'll get to watch this series on local airtime later. :D

11. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TA4DGMNB

12. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BNP12OKU

rmvb from coreano00

Jahye said:

I actually never knew I could so enjoy a drama without much "LOMANCE" (engrish slang) when I saw the japanese Version, but I did... Just hit me, who knows? They might do something radically different than the J Version and bring Dr No (Cha In Pyo) back at the later part....? And he hooks up with the daughter of the Professor (frm pic)? ha!ha! bear with me folks with my LOMANTIC wishful notions! Can't help myself! :rolleyes: :blush:

:lol: If there were any "romance" on the show that I would accept, it would be between Dr. Noh and Dr. Lee's daughter.

But it's not likely that's going to happen, not only because he's gone but it seems she's more taken by Dr. Choi.

i am not sure if i recall the right information but i think it was reported before that cha in pyo was suppose to be in the role for dr choi .but then cha in pyo was unable to make it or something and ended up with the role of dr noh ...maybe he really wanted to be in this production ..even when he misses out on dr choi he took the role of dr noh ^^

Thanks for the info. Cha In Pyo.. he may not be the best actor but he's a standup guy, very respectable and in my dictionary, the "quintessential hunky gentleman" :D

February 13, 2007

[TV Review]

In the White Tower, all you need is power

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7717/12213816bo1.jpg

A scene from ”The White Tower” [MBC-TV]

Naturally, there is no room for pathetic love stories in “The White Tower,” whereas another medical drama, “Bong Dal-hui, the Surgeon” is more hackneyed, complete with love triangles that happen to take place at a hospital. Furthermore, “Bong Dal-hui” has been criticized as a sly copy of the U.S. series “Grey’s Anatomy.” On the other hand, the producers of “The White Tower” are not afraid to admit that it’s based on a novel and drama of the same title from Japan.

SO TRUE!

I'm not so sure about that last statement, about Dahl Hee being a copy of Grey's Anatomy since I don't watch either, but the "hackneyed romance" part is SPOT ON. It's exactly why I couldn't watch past 2 episodes of that. :rolleyes:

I just checked the Web site for the show and was more than glad to find a message from the producers that says they want “The White Tower” to play a role in the renaissance of Korean TV dramas with a focus on developing more realistic characters. So all my best wishes for the success of “The White Tower.”

I hope more Korean dramas move towards this path as well. I'm not saying you have to get rid of love stories, because there are great dramas that exist with love stories. From the past year my 2 favorite dramas are Someday and Alone In Love and both dramas had a lot to say about love and portrayed heartfelt love relationships. But it wasn't like any other "hackneyed romance" like most other dramas portray. It was actually believable because the characters were so real in their thoughts and actions.

It's sad because I don't see this trend of producing dramas with more realistic characters and stories catching on very fast. Ratings aren't so hot for most of the best written dramas and to faithful viewers it may not matter, but to TV station execs, it's all that matters so they keep pumping out manufactured, conventional dramas with the same old storyline but with fresh, new plastic faces.

Guest suzziee

It's sad because I don't see this trend of producing dramas with more realistic characters and stories catching on very fast. Ratings aren't so hot for most of the best written dramas and to faithful viewers it may not matter, but to TV station execs, it's all that matters so they keep pumping out manufactured, conventional dramas with the same old storyline but with fresh, new plastic faces.

Amen to that. >_<

Well at first, the romance sort of sways you (Kdramas are beyond doubt amongst some of the most romantic I've ever seen)

But your tastebuds get dulled after repeated scenes of missed meetings, amnesia, sickness, piggybacks by the beach.. what else? :w00t:

I'm slightly behind here, still at episode 9 (which can I say, wanted to make me go and knock someone's head against a brick wall- either mine or Dr Jang Joon Hyeok) I was THAT frustrated- yet I mean, I understand selfishness, I understand ambition, it makes Dr Jang all the more human to me but arggh! It goes against everything I was taught to believe growing up- what happened to compassion and selflessness (esp in the medical profession)

And to see little Jinjoo slip into slumber in ep8 just made me want to cry but everytime I could feel the tears well up, they'd cut to Dr Jang and his ambitions.. this is one show where you're not given excuses to sniff and lament.. it just cuts you off and its "on with life" :vicx: (and it makes me happy yet frustrated at the same time -_-)

Guest dramaok

ep. 11: 17.7% (tns media nationwide)

ep. 12: 18.3% (tns media nationwide) <-- new high for drama.

gosh this drama is getting even better.. now that the lawyers are involved..

ep. 12 was my favorite episode of all....

mainly because there was a switch in focus from dr. jang to dr. choi... my ultimate favorite...

i can't wait to watch ep. 13... what a cliff hanger.. and no preview!!!!!! crime i tell ya.

from ep. 12:

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesqm3.jpg

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesex1.jpg

dr. choi has been offered a chance to go research in america for a year or more..

the deputy chief wants to get rid of him so that choi and his integrity doesn't get in the way....

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesaf2.jpg

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesrj0.jpg

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesmn9.jpg

choi asked jang to go and check up on mr. kwon's wife.. who passed out and is now in their hospital...

jang is pissed but says he will, and takes the whole surgery team with him making the team apologize w/ him..

he is basically not taking the blame personally.. choi is getting irate..

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesiw0.jpg

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesxj7.jpg

tears the research abroad fellowship papers.. (gawd lordy how hot can a quiet passionate man be)

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesgp4.jpg

mrs. kwon wants to drop the lawsuit.. since she feels it is an impossible war to fight...

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesac8.jpg

whltet0were12hdtvxvideskc0.jpg

jang: professor choi! do-yeong ah! i was fired up earlier too. regardless don't do this.. it'll be all over soon. it's all gonna go well.

choi: i'm doing this for the future you... (tries to go into mrs. kwon's lawyer office.. )

jang: (grabs him) i told you i don't need your counsel.

choi: why do i have to listen to you? i too will handle this my way according to my method.

==========

whltet0were12hdtvxvidesaf2.jpg

choi asked jang to go and check up on mr. kwon's wife.. who passed out and is now in their hospital...

jang is pissed but says he will, and takes the whole surgery team with him making the team apologize w/ him..

he is basically not taking the blame personally.. choi is getting irate..

jang: professor choi! do-yeong ah! i was fired up earlier too. regardless don't do this.. it'll be all over soon. it's all gonna go well.

choi: i'm doing this for the future you... (tries to go into mrs. kwon's lawyer office.. )

jang: (grabs him) i told you i don't need your counsel.

choi: why do i have to listen to you? i too will handle this my way according to my method.

==========

ah he said that to him when dr jang wanted to stop him from going up ~ ....

when the dr jang and wholeentire surgery team went into the ward .i thought they look like mafia gang in white :blink: ~!

here the preview for esp 13!

http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/whitepo...preview_121.swf

photo_418_1_1_no_103_1.jpg

photo_418_1_1_no_103_2.jpg

photo_418_1_1_no_103_3.jpg

photo_418_1_1_no_106_2.jpg

photo_418_1_1_no_106_4.jpg

photo_418_1_1_no_107_3.jpg

=====================

ohh and there 2 official MVs for the OST .~ .[ oh they dun have the MV for the Bobby kim song .i like that song ]

08. 체온 -장혜진(Jang Hye Jin)

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/1/1000/0700001342708m.wmv

09. 비명-먼데이 키즈 (Monday Kiz)

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/1/1000/0700001342709m.wmv

Guest dramaok

ah he said that to him when dr jang wanted to stop him from going up ~ ....

i think he did yup. actually dr. choi is pretty arrogant and stubborn too.. he is really in many ways just like dr. jang.. only they perceive things differently..

but jang is spiraling out of control.. even his only friend has had enough of him.. and jang's mistress is upset too.. maybe they will show jang's mother soon..

when the dr jang and wholeentire surgery team went into the ward .i thought they look like mafia gang in white :blink: ~!

haha. yup.. good description.. he really tried to intimidate her w/ the sheer mass... it looked like they were ready to fire some shots at her...

i think he did yup. actually dr. choi is pretty arrogant and stubborn too.. he is really in many ways just like dr. jang.. only they perceive things differently..

but jang is spiraling out of control.. even his only friend has had enough of him.. and jang's mistress is upset too.. maybe they will show jang's mother soon..

haha. yup.. good description.. he really tried to intimidate her w/ the sheer mass... it looked like they were ready to fire some shots at her...

LOL funny that you mention how they look like the mafia in all white. It's sort of a business tactic and ive seen it in the hospital where i used to work. Business- usually its like a triangle shape form when everyone appears. The apex is the top guy and the rest are right behind him (gives the illusion of power), in a hospital- shows the patient that the head doctor is the person to know and the rest of the interns are the plebians and personal servants of the head doctor who leads them in.

I must say that Mic is right on the money about dr. choi, he too is the gentle version of dr. jang but his compassionate nature overcomes that nature that dr. jang has embodied. Im glad that mrs. kwon is the turning point in dr. choi. One can only have so much of the gentle man, bring on the bad boy!

February 17, 2007

Political drama isn't TV

16194603dh5.jpg

The MBC drama “Hayan Geotab” or “The Great White Tower” is very popular among young working professionals. The drama is set in a hospital and centers on doctors. It has been critically applauded as a successful remake of a Japanese drama. The secret of its popularity is its stark reality. Viewers are captivated by the realistic portrayal of a group of doctors that scamper endlessly for power.

Although the drama is set in a hospital, it is not purely a drama about medical science and treatment. It could take place at a corporation, public office, or any place where “success or extermination” exists. It is a political drama; to be more precise, it is a drama about politics at the workplace. The drama depicts the mechanism of a competitive social system that television programs had previously ignored.

The genre of “workplace drama” itself has not been developed yet. The only drama that could possibly qualify as a workplace drama would be “TV Sun Zi’s Art of War” (aired on KBS Television in 1987-1993), which was a human-nature drama set in a midsize corporation. Although the boss’ diatribes and the worker’s incompetence were repeated every episode, the conflicts were always resolved in an amicable fashion. Director Lee Myung-se’s movie “Distressing to be a Man,” which portrayed the joys and sorrows of working professionals, ended up being a fantasy movie for people wanting to escape from their jobs. “The Great White Tower” is the evolution of the workplace drama.

What is more interesting, however, is the manner in which the public views this drama, which can be considered society’s view regarding the survival of the fittest mentality. Competition for power is a justifiable reality; desire for power cannot be criticized.

Among the characters appearing in the show, the character played by Kim Myung-min, who can be dastardly at times for the sake of his ambition, is overwhelmingly more popular than the character played by Lee Sun-kyun, who is nice and a stickler for rules. Instead of being appalled by Kim Myung-min’s character, who rises by using all means at his disposal, the viewers respond to him. This can be viewed as the end of the era of innocence and the dawning of the era of fierce competition and survival of the fittest.

Without having to see them on television, we have grown weary of political dramas shot live at Yeouido, where the Parliament is located, everyday. Of course, there is a decisive difference. In “The Great White Tower,” the doctors do not disguise their thirst for power by using public virtue or another person’s name (the people). Nobody will cheer for such hypocritical political dramas.

*The writer is a deputy culture and sports editor of the JoongAng Ilbo.

By Yang Sung-hee

Source: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2872557

Guest suzziee

I raced through the latest episodes and am now impatiently waiting for my episodes 13 and 14 to be done :(

I'd be most grateful if anyone could explain more in detail how did not doing the biopsy caused the patient's death. I know it should have been done because the patient was suffering from something else other than the plain tumour that Dr Jang had diagnosed it to be... ?

I know when the forensic pathologist conducted the autopsy, he found no fault with the operation, then why was it that during trial (I cheated and watched bits of ep 14 live streaming) the young doctor Dr Yeom suddenly admitted he was at fault?

In a nutshell, I'm rather confused about the politics and medical situation surrounding the whole event. -_- I only know Dr Choi seems to be biding his time in this cold cold hospital, and that makes me sad. :(

Guest dramaok

I raced through the latest episodes and am now impatiently waiting for my episodes 13 and 14 to be done :(

I'd be most grateful if anyone could explain more in detail how did not doing the biopsy caused the patient's death. I know it should have been done because the patient was suffering from something else other than the plain tumour that Dr Jang had diagnosed it to be... ?

I know when the forensic pathologist conducted the autopsy, he found no fault with the operation, then why was it that during trial (I cheated and watched bits of ep 14 live streaming) the young doctor Dr Yeom suddenly admitted he was at fault?

In a nutshell, I'm rather confused about the politics and medical situation surrounding the whole event. -_- I only know Dr Choi seems to be biding his time in this cold cold hospital, and that makes me sad. :(

suzziee...

i don't understand it 100% since there is quite a bit of medical terminology used.. and i'm clueless about medicine..

but as i understand it... the deceased patient was suffering from a spreading of cancer cells, not isolated to the pancreatic tumor.

and dr. choi had feared that and even though there wasn't any 'tumor' in the lung.. only a small dot that he thought could be something suspicious, he wanted to make sure so asked jang to do a lung biopsy.

a biopsy can tell if there are cancerous cells present in the lungs eve if a tumor or something like that isn't present (or not shown on x-ray) but jang thought the little dust-like dot was either a result of the x-ray machine or something else not worrisome, so he dismissed it.. so the patient died.. from complications (i think pneumonia) because his lungs begin to fail drastically and he suffered severe pain..

basically as i understand it someone w/ lung cancer cannot be operated on the same way someone w/ just pancreatic cancer can.. because of risk of fatal complications..

so if jang had done a biopsy they would've found that he did in fact have lung cancer thus he could not go through the operation.

it seems like a case of 'mistake' by jang.. but in court another doctor testified that in practice.. if a 'dust size dot' on x-ray scan isn't big enough ( think 1mm or something) then a biopsy isn't necessarily done...

also, dr. yeom (the new doc) testified that it was his mistake since it was his first patient and he didn't know the protocols and that dr. jang asked him to take extra precaution on the patient while jang was in jeju in case of other symptoms or reactions.. but yeom didn't do it (actually this isn't true). so yeom (with pressure from jang and other interns) took the blame.. and since 'not knowing' is not a criminal 'mistake' i think everyoen was pressuring him. jang basically told him yeom caused all this because he went to choi and such..

Guest suzziee

^Thank you dramaok. :wub:

That helped me immensely in my understanding~ The lawsuit has taken quite an exciting turn! I feel so bad for that young doctor Dr. Yeom. >.< Sometimes its so difficult being at the bottom of the food chain and being forced to say things that you don't want to say. Granted he should have gone for Dr Choi at first, but external pressures are sometimes unbearable if you want to keep your rice bowl.

My episode 13 finally got downloaded and man..

when Dr Jang just stares past Dr Choi and asks- what did I do wrong? I did nothing wrong- was such a mixed bags of emotion- you feel outraged but also you really got to hand it to him that he is so convicted in his own twisted way that nothing was wrong. ARGH!

thanks for all the explanation .dramaok ...so on a technial basis ..there was nothing wrong with the operation , the issues lies with the fact that dr jang never examine into what dr choi bring up .but what he did was what other doctors might have done too that why dr jang is so convinced he did nothing wrong ..

*oh actually i got a couple of questions relating to esp 13 and 14 * dang but got to rush out now .so had to get back to them later ...

but what did dr jang said at the end of the esp 14 that make dr choi stand up ....did he twisted the fact too much !@@ .....dr choi's wife seem troubled by her husband wanting to stand to testify as witness ........? ..*sigh ..he should not be at the hospital anymore .once he go back there after testifyinig he will just face such pressure and hostilty from those ppl ..there no place for him in that hospital .once he take the stand .they treat it as a betrayl ..

The lawsuit has taken quite an exciting turn! I feel so bad for that young doctor Dr. Yeom. >.< Sometimes its so difficult being at the bottom of the food chain and being forced to say things that you don't want to say. Granted he should have gone for Dr Choi at first, but external pressures are sometimes unbearable if you want to keep your rice bowl.

that young doctor is just too scared ...you see those peers around him. i dun think he even dare speak up ....it is either take the blame or be the enemy camp.. ...it is so noble and right to do what dr choi did .just speak the truth .but ..that need too much courage for that young doctor ..he just cant do it ..

[ ohhh ya i meant to asked what was that list the lawyer show the dr yeom in esp 14 that rendered him speechless ]

actually what is the consequences of the trial ...if the planitiff win ...they will get the compensation but will the doctor involved be stripped of their license or anything ? ..

==

there anothe lawyer coming onboard for dr jang ? .i rem him from letter to parents .he was such a nice man .lol i cant imagine him being a ruthless lawyer ?

장현성, '하얀거탑'서 장준혁 변호사 출연

1157526860135_1.jpg

연기파 배우 장현성이 인기리에 방송중인 MBC 주말 미니시리즈 '하얀거탑'에서 변호사 조명준 역으로 캐스팅됐다.

극단 학전의 터줏 대감이기도 한 장현성은 드라마 '부모님 전상서', '위대한 유산', '마이 러브' 등은 물론 영화와 연극을 통해 잘 알려진 배우다.

장현성은 현재 장준혁(김명민 분)측 변호를 맡고 있는 3인의 변호인단을 대신해 이번 주 24일 방송분부터 1인 변호를 맡을 조명준 역으로 출연, 극의 흥미를 더한다.

의료사고로 인해 위기에 빠진 장준혁의 법정 스토리가 과연 어떠한 결론이 날지 시청자들의 기대를 모으고 있다

esp 15 preview ...

http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/whitepo.../preview_15.swf

Guest dramaok

but what did dr jang said at the end of the esp 14 that make dr choi stand up ....did he twisted the fact too much !@@ .....dr choi's wife seem troubled by her husband wanting to stand to testify as witness ........? ..*sigh ..he should not be at the hospital anymore .once he go back there after testifyinig he will just face such pressure and hostilty from those ppl ..there no place for him in that hospital .once he take the stand .they treat it as a betrayl ..

dr. jang lied.

before dr. jang went up the stand, dr. choi was on the witness stand.. and he testified that he asked jang to do biopsy because he feared there was cancer in the lungs, but dr. jang brushed him off and said it was probably just leftover mark (on the x-ray) from the patient's old disease. the patient once had TB (tuburculosis) in the lungs.

so when dr. jang went on the stand, he said (lied) he wanted to see what else was going on w/ the lungs and wanted to talk to the patient about it, but dr. choi stopped him from talking because he was worried it was too much stress for the patient there, since jang just gave her the news that the patient had pancreatic cancer. then jang said, due to dr. choi nudging him they just left it as leftover mark from TB, but jang said he was gonna do a biopsy later on after the surgery.. after the tumor is taken care of so the patient (and dr. choi) can handle the issue of the lungs.. and he specially told yeom to look after the patient carefully after surgery incase there was spread of lung cancer. (basically he put the blame on dr. choi for not going into the issue of the lungs in detail and also suggested dr. choi was incapable of figuring out that the patient has pancreactic cancer tumor.. as a discrediting tactic. it goes w/ the lawyers on jang's side trying to attack choi saying he was jealoused of jang's status in the hospital)

as for the list.. i'm not sure if i remember this which list? .. but the lawyer did have a list i think of all the doctors who were present when dr. jang scolded dr. yeom for wanting to do a biopsy before the surgery just cuz dr. choi asked for it.

thx for the preview link and also the casting news. *sigh* another male cast...

my only complaint about this drama is how machismo it is at times..

it's like the women in here are simply accessories.. their existence makes no difference in the hospital or world

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhitelr7.jpg

(actually they don't exist at myeong-in. only dr. ha, but she doesn't cure patients directly, and she basically pours coffee for choi).

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhitegs4.jpg

i wish dr. choi's wife was more supportive of her husband testifying. i understand she is looking out for her family but she was willing to sit down and talk to jang when he came to visit, but wouldn't let choi say his side of the story.. also i didn't like how she made that joke of 'you can't let mina and me starve'.. geez.. mina is not 4 months old! get a job woman!

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhitega0.jpg

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhitenm9.jpg

and then these two. they are like teenagers that just wanna play all day long. just throw some money and purse at them and they'll heehee haha all day.

even when jang's wife knew jang might be having an affair she was so easily distracted by him simply sweettalking her and giving her some sex.

and deputy director's wife is basically an older heavier version of jang's wife. heehee haha but her nasal winny thing is a little more convicing. better actress.

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhitebg8.jpg

i wish they would go a little more w/ the mistress. but i think her acting or something isn't quite clicking..

again no influence. i mean she helps jang but she's dispensible. they should've made her a gay man instead just to jazz it up a bit.

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhitesg0.jpg

she is a good actress though. but again.. the male fantasy kind of woman. no brain. cries. need men to rescue.

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhiteuk8.jpg

i guess yoonji (or is is yoojin i forgot) has the most brain of all the women here. but even she is too naive and without tactic.

Guest suzziee

:lol:dramaok I love your rant *ahem* comments about the state of women in this drama. I seriously burst out laughing when I read that bit about Dr Jang's wife and the deputy director's wife. And I keep thinking about the "babo" in the "babo sansu" painting AHAHAHA. and the bit about the gay guy is priceless as well. From what I heard the mistress had a bigger role in the J version, and I guess this is sort of where it diverges...?

But back to serious matters, did I remember wrongly, but didn't Dr Choi stop Dr Jang from saying something to the patient? I sort of remember this one scene where Dr Jang was about to say something but Dr Choi stopped him but placing his hand on the former's elbow.. something like that. What was that about? I hope I'm not imagining things. ><

Oh yes and also about Yoonjin.. remember she asked her dad to sign something? Something to do with the trial or another and then he hits her and brushes her off.. he then later got promoted to... director of some medical place (? not too sure here) and then he went with his wife to celebrate at the mistress's bar and after that he was all smiles and happily endorsed whatever it was she wanted him to.. what was that all about? :huh: And yes, she's sort of still manipulated by the men around her.. sadly. She means it for the best, but her tactics are too suscept to those around her. imbalance of power

Guest dramaok

hm.. i think i have to rewatch i sorta don't remember clearly what happened w/ the nudging.. but i think if i remember it correctly is because dr. jang wanted to say that it was only pancreatic cancer, but dr. choi stopped him, cuz he wanted to do the biopsy first before telling that to the patient...

and the papers from yoonji.. not clear on that one either. gotta go watch again.. but i have too many things running right now on my pc i can't bring up yet another app or it will crash.. but didn't she just give him envelope of stuff to look over to agree to testify..? and he was giddy when he got the director position to that countryside hospital he's been eyeing on.. (it was actually something he asked for a long time ago).

Guest surfercoffee

in the J version, and I guess this is sort of where it diverges...?

Ihave to agree with other posts that the J-version was a much better drama...on All levels...

phwahwa ..dramaok your *diagnoisis of the female cast lol ~!! .* .

..i must say i agree with your comments on that mistress role ..she should have been build up as a supporting role more significantly then shown here !! ..i dun know why they downplay her role ..in the japan version .this role was so wonderfullly played by .Kuroki Hitomi.

and whatmore .she has a very interesting interaction with the wife too .when the wife went to her to confront the affair .~

.the wife of dr jang .in this white tower is really too navie and bimbo . :blink:

sigh* actually i had some hope for the assistant of dr choi .but then i see her fading into the background too . in the japanese version there was a nurse who shd be the equivalent of her ...i like that nurse role ..she was sort of a more forceful one who was disgusted by all the scam the hospital was making up to cover the scandal ..and even try to shake that young doctor out of his shell and make him be brave and speak the truth ..here this assistant was not really so effective in that role ....

as for the wife of dr choi ..i was abit disappointed with her in the japanese version .. she was just as unsupportive and ..she even leave home !! i simply was quite shocked by what she did how can she just desert her husband in such a way .i know the going is tough ..but ..your husband is such a talented man i am sure he can get other job around !! .. :ph34r: er i wondered if she will do it in this version ..

Archived