[drama 2007] White Tower [ 하얀 거탑]

shirley

What a invigorating read all ya'all's comments/notes, enjoyed every morsel!

Dramaok! You are precious your Machocismo rantings...reminded me of what you said in Jumong, every man's ultimate fantasy...2 ladies dying/sacrificing for one man! LOL Hmmmmm looks like it is a Korean scripting trend by MALE writers?!! Making females look/be insignificant? It better be UNconsciously done OR ELSE!...LOL I can just feel most of our feminism igniting...LOL

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suzziee

:tears::tears::tears:

so dr choi finally left the hospital.. such a quiet man with a quiet dignity...

This is possibly the first time I've seen flashbacks used in a drama in such a apt fashion. But otherwise... the hospital is such a cold and clinical place with no nuance of forgiveness.

edit:

oooohhh the tide has turned again and Dr Jang is in peril.

I want ep 16... NOW!!! :(:(:(

hey! im really obsessed with this drama like all of youuu.

anyways can nebody upload the full version of the ost? in zip format if possible! i love the track called "The Great Surgeon". THX!

from esp 15

WT152.jpg

WT15.jpg

esp 16 preview

http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/whitepo.../preview_16.swf

hey! im really obsessed with this drama like all of youuu.

anyways can nebody upload the full version of the ost? in zip format if possible! i love the track called "The Great Surgeon". THX!

i posted the links on the first page u can try and see if you can dl it :)

:tears::tears::tears:

so dr choi finally left the hospital.. such a quiet man with a quiet dignity...

This is possibly the first time I've seen flashbacks used in a drama in such a apt fashion. But otherwise... the hospital is such a cold and clinical place with no nuance of forgiveness.

edit:

oooohhh the tide has turned again and Dr Jang is in peril.

I want ep 16... NOW!!! :(:(:(

dr choi dun belong in there

it is better for him to be this way then stay there and witnessed all the crimes being comitted around him and he is helpless to say anything ~~! .

*got to go wait for my dl *

Guest suzziee

um sorry but i dont see the link?!

It was on the 1st post, I quoted for you below~

OST DOWNLOAD

07000013427.jpg

released on 2 Feb 2007

01. 하얀거탑

02. The Great Surgeon

03. Pavilion

04. 날개

05. 소나무 [bobby Kim]

06. Green Winter

07. La Voie De La Justice

08. 체온 Jang Hye Jin

09. 비명 Monday Kiz

10. Last Stand

11. 아직 수술은 끝나지 았았습니다!

12. B Rossette

13. 최교수...

14. 小醫治病 中醫治人 大醫治國

15. 설명 좀 해주세요...

16. 바보산수

17. 의사 가운 벗길수 있다는 것 아나?

18. 하얀슬픔

19. 오빠 ! 희재가 누구야 ?

20. 수술은 여기서 내가 통제 하겠네!

21. Doct To Mucosa

22. In Honour

http://211.176.63.161:8081/5/HIGH_MP3/707/707687.mp3

687-708

http://211.176.63.161:8081/5/HIGH_MP3/707/707708.mp3

repost from koreanwind.net

And ARGHH ARGHH I cannot wait for episode 17 now that Yoon Mira is going to testify... I don't think my heart can stand anymore of the suspense... :tears:

Literally at the end of every episode there's a cliff hanger :(

It doesn't seem like there are only 4 more episodes... there's still so much to settle.

It was on the 1st post, I quoted for you below~

And ARGHH ARGHH I cannot wait for episode 17 now that Yoon Mira is going to testify... I don't think my heart can stand anymore of the suspense... :tears:

Literally at the end of every episode there's a cliff hanger :(

It doesn't seem like there are only 4 more episodes... there's still so much to settle.

esp 17 ~ preview ..

http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/whitepo.../preview_17.swf

Guest dramaok

""...Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

- Stephen King -

ep. 17.. the last day of appeal testimonies...

whitetower17avi00232499oc1.jpg

whitetower17avi00232842nw8.jpg

dr. yeom... begins to decay.. as the truth rises in him.. at last.. he burns the past which he has worked so hard for... in order that he survives.

whitetower17avi00097937dq8.jpg

whitetower17avi00203713mc2.jpg

dr. hahm... another one trades in his soul for greed.. he is told to remember something that didn't exist.

so he does. and makes up a schedule.. by inserting the deceased patient's name in the biopsy schedule for the week after the patient's surgery.. to correspond to jang's testimony that he was going to do biopsy after the operation.

whitetower17avi00111191lm0.jpg

hahm to yeom: "it's food given to you but why are you getting indigestion? .. just swollow it. then that is the end. dong-il, i'm gonna swollow it. even if it's so hard to swollow that i'm about to tear i'm still gonna swollow it... let's eat up the curses. eat'em up and live with a stuffed stomach.... "

whitetower17avi00279219iy2.jpg

jang's health seems to be decaying as well..

whitetower17avi00313416st4.jpg

the presiding judge in higher court of appeals is a woman.. ^^

whitetower17avi00347280nh3.jpg

whitetower17avi00312379lm3.jpg

jang continues to stand by his lies without wavering.. for him the end more than justifies the means.

however yeom dong-il shouts out, 'it's a lie.. it's all lies!'..

whitetower17avi00359896ak3.jpg

whitetower17avi00371247uo7.jpg

whitetower17avi00388665cb6.jpg

whitetower17avi00388491tf7.jpg

jang: "dong-il.. i know it's been hard for you.. of course i know."

yeom: "STOP already! i'm not your toy i am not a machine you can control... "

Guest suzziee

thnx dramaok

wow they really bust out the women this episode. I loved how Yoon Mira gave her testimony and never balked at all the difficult questions... just determined to tell the truth and the underhand transaction and sharp practice. This was the turning point in the law suit...

Then the presiding female judge... so no-nonsense. Love it! :D

Poor doctor Yeom... I got chills by his breakdown. He just seems like a little lost boy... Cowardly at first but later did whatever he needed to...

And its so hard to see Dr Jang stick to his guns right to the end.. is he just naive or just plain... whats the word? How can he be so convicted that he did the right thing till the end >.< But then I guess he

suffers a breakdown of his own- physical health when its shown that he collapses in the next episode

(and our hot Dr Choi starts looking like he needs a haircut ><)

bscap0000wc9.jpg

Guest sunshine4ever

Wow, not a lot of people are watching this drama! It's currently released in US for only episodes 1-2 (I think), and I'm watching it now. :D I just wanted to ask, is a relationship between Dr. Jang joonhyuk and Dr. Lee Juwan? I got so confused. lol. Is Dr. Jang Dr. Lee's son-in-law? So why is there a huge dispute over the fact that Jang's gonna be the chief of surgery soon? Why is Dr. Lee's wife so angry over it? Aren't they family? And is Dr. Jang having a relationshiop with another woman?! Oh, I really like Dr. Choi!! :D But too bad, they're all married. There are so many people that are new to me in this drama. I'll have a hard time trying to remember their names and faces.

Guest suzziee

Wow, not a lot of people are watching this drama! It's currently released in US for only episodes 1-2 (I think), and I'm watching it now. :D I just wanted to ask, is a relationship between Dr. Jang joonhyuk and Dr. Lee Juwan? I got so confused. lol. Is Dr. Jang Dr. Lee's son-in-law? So why is there a huge dispute over the fact that Jang's gonna be the chief of surgery soon? Why is Dr. Lee's wife so angry over it? Aren't they family? And is Dr. Jang having a relationshiop with another woman?! Oh, I really like Dr. Choi!! :D But too bad, they're all married. There are so many people that are new to me in this drama. I'll have a hard time trying to remember their names and faces.

concept_01.jpg

Nope, Dr Jang and Dr Lee are not connected by marriage.

Dr Jang is married to the daughter of another Doctor, Dr Min (if I remembered right). Dr Min runs a trendy clinic in downtown Seoul.. for the upmarket clientale I think.

Dr Jang has a mistress, the madame that owns that wine bar place that they always ajourn to... She's the 3rd person from the left in the picture above.

Dr Lee's daughter is the lady on the extreme right... Lee Yoonjin

Dr Lee just didn't like it that Dr Jang was sort of outshining him.. I think some of the rich and famous were approaching Dr Jang to do surgeries (?if my memory serves me right) and Dr Lee didn't want to be seen as a "fading star" (as he is retiring soon)

He seeks to retain some form of influence by having his choice of the new department head. You will see that

his choice is Noh Minguk (played by Cha In Pyo) a similarly brilliant doctor like Dr Jang.. but with one difference: he is not married, so he wanted to matchmake his daughter Yoonjin to him.. thus continuing the legacy

(very political)

==========

I just tend to think this drama is targetted at the older crowd- working professionals who would've encountered their share of office politics to really understand whats going on. The demographic in Soompi is very different to that...

Also there are no subs (ch sub only for ep1 and 2 so far) and it can be very hard to understand with complex medical terminology and basically alot of dialogue that one can't really "guess-timate" what characters are saying... ><

But we got our angel dramaok who helps us along! :D <3 :wub:

Guest suzziee

WWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

episode 18... when dr choi

tells dr jang to get out of his house.... so much tension. so sexy and uncharacteristic. I was all :S when he opened the gate for Dr Jang but I must say he's redeemed himself beautifully in that one scene where he takes on the role as Dr Yeom's protector...

ps:-

AND AND AND!!

awwww there's finally romance. :D :D :D

Our unlikely couple... Dr Yeom and Dr Ha!

bscap0000kc2.jpgbscap0001da6.jpgbscap0002ce3.jpg

dramaok I relaly think the scriptwriters heard your complaint for more power to the women!

I'm so glad Dr Ha kept making the first moves... sooo adorable! :lol:

dr. hahm... another one trades in his soul for greed.. he is told to remember something that didn't exist.

so he does. and makes up a schedule.. by inserting the deceased patient's name in the biopsy schedule for the week after the patient's surgery.. to correspond to jang's testimony that he was going to do biopsy after the operation.

*when i was watching that .i was thiking boy the way they guide him into constructing a testimony @@ ..those gang of sly old fox are pretty good at their stuff ~ shd have taped it and send to the judge !! ...

kek ..i noticed the female judge too .~ ...

dr yeom ..finallly break ...it abot time ..and dr choi ..sigh i wondered how he can stand listening to all those lies they saying in the court ..~ ~

Our unlikely couple... Dr Yeom and Dr Ha

awwwwwwwwwww .that is so sweet finally ~ actually they not so unlikely couple ..lol i thought if there any hint of romance it should be this couple just that it been taking too long i wonder if they just let it go ...obviously dr ha been so concered for dr yeom ...but that pooor guy deserved someone to let him hug ...~ he been under so much stress ....

huh ? how did

dr jang become dr yeom 's protector

tell mee ~ ! ..i did not watch esp 18 yet !!

ah that so nice to have subtites to watch ....~ .

Guest dramaok

thx for preview suzziee!

shirley,

maybe she meant dr. choi is protector of yeom? that's how i read it.. but i haven't seen 18 yet.

seems like dr. jang will be diagnosed with 담관암 - cholangiocarcinoma (cancer of bile duct).

next week it ends!... glad to have you guys as company. in this really under-rated drama.. at soompi.. but doing okay in korea.. surpassed 20% today in seoul... ^^

Guest suzziee

:blush: hehe ya i meant dr choi as dr yeom's protector...

when dr jang continued to add stress to dr yeom... actually tracked the latter down to dr choi's house. was mentally cursing dr choi when he let dr jang in...

dr jang then goes into dr choi's study (where dr yeom is) and locks the door.. and dr choi bangs on the door from outside (so dramatically effective this scene) and further pressures dr yeom. luckily dr choi found the keys to the study bursts in and tells dr jang to get out!

thx for preview suzziee!

shirley,

maybe she meant dr. choi is protector of yeom? that's how i read it.. but i haven't seen 18 yet.

seems like dr. jang will be diagnosed with 담관암 - cholangiocarcinoma (cancer of bile duct).

next week it ends!... glad to have you guys as company. in this really under-rated drama.. at soompi.. but doing okay in korea.. surpassed 20% today in seoul... ^^

hoh .i realised the confusion ..keke ..

thanks for being such a great company ..~ ...ya next week it is ending ......sigh the last two esp will be something that will see another side of dr jang ...

:blush: hehe ya i meant dr choi as dr yeom's protector...

when dr jang continued to add stress to dr yeom... actually tracked the latter down to dr choi's house. was mentally cursing dr choi when he let dr jang in...

dr jang then goes into dr choi's study (where dr yeom is) and locks the door.. and dr choi bangs on the door from outside (so dramatically effective this scene) and further pressures dr yeom. luckily dr choi found the keys to the study bursts in and tells dr jang to get out!

yaya .i saw that scene already ! i know what you saying ... ..dr choi was really nearly choking back a sob when he told dr jang to get out .. ....time and again he witnessed how his friend had covered up his own conscience and even others too to get what he wants ... this time he is really shattered to see him threathen dr yeom in such a way .everything from day just build up to this confronation .. ..

but ya i like how dr choi stand between him and dr yeom .~ ..lol dr yeom does look like a teenager .ahh it was sweet to see him with dr ha ..at least some romance in the air ...

since i given up on the mistress part ...tsk tsk ..they shd not have edited her role to such bare minium .btw ..er they also omit the mother ..wonder if she appearing again .~ .

sigh .but maybe i am weak .when i see how ..dr jang is weak from his pains and never an idea what happening to him i do feel sorry for his plight ..maybe it is his retribution or whatever but still ...does he really desereved to be treated like this ... i still dun understand why do they need to keep it from him ! ..cant they tell him and just make him also kept his illlness a secret ..if they are scared it will look bad on them if they got a head of cancer ..in the late stage of cancer ? er is that the reason why those professor wanted to keep it from him ..!!!

sigh that last scen when he went to dr choi ...in this entire world ..the only person who he can trust is still dr choi ..despite what happen .he know that dr choi will help ......

Guest suzziee

will next week's episodes be the last ones for this series?

yes, the coming weekend (10th, 11th March) will mark the completion of this drama at 20 episodes :)

Archived