[Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Jin Ho might have amnesia but let's not forget that he skipped out on dinner with Seol-Ah and instead hung out with Joo-Ryeon. Did he have amnesia then? No, he did not. 

She was baiting him with a job. 

Isn’t it normal for actors to be waiting on tables and working as bartenders etc. before making it big?  Why was he in such a hurry? Maybe he wasn’t very good. 
The cliff hanger was quite good. But seriously, what kind of revenge is it going to be when the FL cannot maintain anonymity. I want a badass avenger. 

• Like 3

On 7/6/2024 at 10:21 AM, kboramint said:

Jin Ho might have amnesia but let's not forget that he skipped out on dinner with Seol-Ah and instead hung out with Joo-Ryeon. Did he have amnesia then? No, he did not. 

exactly; seoh ah is being very naive and thinking he won't have dumped her at all but the reality is that he hated his life. he hated the medocrity of it and felt it was unfair that he didn't have connections and family to help out. he skipped out on dinner because he was desperate for a shot. then he proceeded to cry and weep and seoh ah didn't even ask him why and where he went. she is a total doormat. 

On 7/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, maribella said:

She was baiting him with a job. 

Isn’t it normal for actors to be waiting on tables and working as bartenders etc. before making it big?  Why was he in such a hurry? Maybe he wasn’t very good. 
The cliff hanger was quite good. But seriously, what kind of revenge is it going to be when the FL cannot maintain anonymity. I want a badass avenger. 

unfortunately, it doesn't look like FL has the chops to be badass avenger. no idea what happened to the smart child that we saw in the past scenes but this FL is a total weepy doormat who can't even accept that she was dumped. her whole idea for revenge is because she got dumped. she wants him to want her back and then to dump him. facepalm. 

am wondering who are the parents of eun byeol -- the friend seems to be well off. will we ever see her family? she seems to have more smarts and presence of mind that seol ah.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

unfortunately, it doesn't look like FL has the chops to be badass avenger. no idea what happened to the smart

I think she’s using her eyes too much. One cannot show fury with wide eyes staring uncomprehendingly. It’s her best asset but it must have its place.

In Two sisters, the cameraman or director kept focusing on the actress legs and later, all seem to be wearing short shorts. In the other show, they were focusing on the SFL’s ample rear. She looked as if she was always leaving a room.

Now they are focusing on the SFL’s eyes too much. Rushing to save JH? What? The guy is an opportunist. If he really wanted to know who he was, the Korean police should be able to help in a jiffy. They are a high tech country.

42 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am wondering who are the parents of eun byeol -- the friend seems to be well off. will we ever see her family? she seems to have more smarts and presence of mind that seol ah.  

I read some summary that the three were in the same orphanage. EB was adopted by a rich family who loved her and treated her well. She got the best education. 

The aunt was her parents’ maid. She is a no nonsense person and should have imparted  good values to SA. Unfortunately, the writer chose a sad heroine.

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I still think this character is going to get killed off. If Jung-Ah does die mid-way though the season then I think she'll be killed off later in the season. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

I was wondering why the FL lead rubbed me in the wrong way. ANd I finally got it. SHe remind me of the FL Phoenix remake drama(which was awful drama). 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, joccu said:

ANd I finally got it. SHe remind me of the FL Phoenix remake drama(which was awful drama). 

Luckily the FL in this drama in Moon Jung-In, the villainess... but the 2nd FL Seol-Ah is kind of annoying and boring.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon yes, I am ‘watching’ all 3. But my FFW finger is working over time. :relaxed:

We have 2 doormat FL’s in one aspect or another and one who fights back. She was annoying being tom boyish 30 something, so’s the ML. For heaven’s sakes act your age.

But they are getting easier to watch now that they are injecting romance. The FL and ML are not behaving like overgrown teenagers most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

On 7/7/2024 at 5:24 PM, maribella said:

I think she’s using her eyes too much. One cannot show fury with wide eyes staring uncomprehendingly. It’s her best asset but it must have its place.

Was this actress a child actress before??  Her big round eyes and face reminds me of a child actress with similar face.  The way she talks and smile looks similar too.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 7/7/2024 at 5:24 AM, maribella said:

This. She's not a bad actress at all (she was great as No Paeng-Hee in Escape of the Seven), but she's using her eyes too much. They're very pretty. but you need to act with your face, too. She just stares, runs. Cries and weeps. Stares. Glares sometimes. Repeats.

40 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

8.5 (3rd)

Awesome! This drama may hit 10% in ratings!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

This. She's not a bad actress at all (she was great as No Paeng-Hee in Escape of the Seven), but she's using her eyes too much. They're very pretty. but you need to act with your face, too. She just stares, runs. Cries and weeps. Stares. Glares sometimes. Repeats.

Awesome! This drama may hit 10% in ratings!

She was the adoptive mother of the little girl!! I remember.

She gives out a startled look at most times. Scared. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

She was the adoptive mother of the little girl!! I remember.

Yes, she was the adoptive mother of Hanna, and she did awesome for a supporting character. Her death made me sad.

10 minutes ago, maribella said:

She gives out a startled look at most times. Scared. 

That too.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The FL’s clothes are so weird. The green outfit doubles her shoulder. Are they emphasising her boobs? She looks like someone who is trying hard to be glamourous.

I saw her in another show as a mother of a young boy. She looked normal and nice.

I think the aunts are going to give SA away.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, renaoh said:

Was this actress a child actress before??  Her big round eyes and face reminds me of a child actress with similar face.  The way she talks and smile looks similar too.

She looks a lot like Kim S Hyun, I remember her as a ghost. She was a child actress. Her name always got me mixed with the Queen of tears Kim So Hyun

• Like 2

ML tells Seol-Ah that he has amnesia and asks if he and Seol-Ah knows each other but Seol-Ah just lies and say they don't. Now, why would she do that? 

Also, production BTS observation.... Why have FL's daughter wear a shirt that has **CK on the T-shirt but cover up the word? Just have her wear another t-shirt. It's jarring.  It makes it look like the character cover up the word herself.  If that word isn't allowed to be broadcast TV then don't wear the t-shirt. 

I hate it when they use tape to cover up logos, and curse words on t-shirts. It looks odd.   

• Like 2