This Valentine's Day Vote for the Perfect Namja Chingus from K-Dramas

confusedheart

Vote for the Most Perfect Namja Chingus from K-Dramas  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who according to you is the Most Perfect Namja Chingu from K-Dramas? (Choose as many as you wish.)

• Park Bo Gum's character Lee Yeong from "Love in the Moonlight"
    • Jo In-sung's character Park Do-kyung from “It’s Okay, That’s Love”
    • Gong Yoo's character Kim Shin (Goblin) from “Goblin”
    • Ji Chang-wook's character Seo Jung-hoo / Park Bong-soo / Healer from “Healer”
    • Choi Woo Shik's character Choi Woong from "Our Beloved Summer"
    • Yoo Seung-ho's character Kim Min-kyu from “I’m Not a Robot”
    • Park Hyung-sik's character Ahn Min-hyuk from “Strong Woman Do Bong-soon”
    • Kang Ha Neull's character Hwang Yong Sik from "When the Camellia Blooms"
    • Jung Joon-hyung's character Nam Joo-hyuk from “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo”
    • Lee Jong-suk's character Jung Jae-chan from “Romance Is a Bonus Book”
    • Yang Se Jong's character Gong Woo Jin from "Thirty But Seventeen"
    • Cha Eun-woo's character Lee Su-ho from"True Beauty"
    • Seo In-guk's character Louis / Kang Ji-sung from "Shopping King Louie”
    • Kim Seon-ho's character Hong Du-sik from "Hometown Cha Cha Cha"
    • Lee Min-ho's character Lee Gon / Lee Ji-hun from "The King: Eternal Monarch"
    • Jang Hyuk's character Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk) from “Fated to Love You”
    • Kim Myung-soo's character Dan / Kim Dan / Yoo Seong-woo from “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”
    • Jung Hae-in's character Yoo Ji-ho from "One Spring Night"
    • Song Joong-ki's character Captain Yoo Si from "Descendants of the Sun”
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)
  2. 2. Who according to you is the Most Perfect Namja Chingu from K-Dramas? (Choose as many as you wish.)

• Kim Woo-bin's character Choi Young-do in “Heirs”
    • So Ji Sub's character John Kim from "Oh My Venus"
    • Rowoon's character Jung Ji Woon in King's Affection
    • Na In-woo's character Yoo Ji-hyu from "Marry My Husband"
    • Hyun Bin's character Ri Jeong-hyeok from "Crash Landing on You"
    • Lee Joon-gi's character 4th Prince Wang So from “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”
    • Seo Kang-joon's character Nam Shin / Nam Shin II ) from "Are You Human Too?”
    • Lee Do Hyun's character Hwang Hee Tae from "Youth of May"
    • Jo Jung Suk's character Lee Ik Jun from "Hospital Playlist"
    • Lee Min Ki's character Nam Se Hee from "Because This is My First Life"
    • Lee Dong Wook's character Kwon Jung Rok from "Touch Your Heart"
    • Lee Jae Wook's character Seol Ji Hwan from "Search WWW"
    • Park Seo-joon's character Ko Dong-man from "Fight For My Way"
    • Choi Siwon's character Kim Shin Hyuk from "She Was Pretty"
    • Choi Hyun Wook's character Han Yi Chan from "Twinkling Watermelon"
    • Kim Min Gue's character Cha Sung Hoon from "A Business Proposal"
    • Kim Jae Wook's character Ryan Gold in "Her Private Life"
    • Choi Jin Hyuk's character Park Kwang Ho from "Tunnel"
    • Ju Ji Hoon's character Prince Shin from "Goong (Princess Hours)"
  3. 3. Who according to you is the Most Perfect Namja Chingu from K-Dramas? (Choose as many as you wish.)

• Kang Tae Oh's character Lee Jun Ho from "Extraordinary Attorney Woo"
    • Namgoong Min's character Lee Jang-hyun from "My Dearest"
    • Ji Sung's character Shin Se Gi from "Kill Me Heal Me"
    • Kim Soo Hyun's character Moon Ga Tae from "It's Okay To Not Be Okay"
    • Sung Hoon's character Seo Do-guk from "Perfect Marriage Revenge"
    • Jung Il Woo's character Ba Woo from "Bossam: Steal the Fate"
    • Yoon Shi Yoon's character Han Kang Ho from "Your Honor"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/18/2024 at 02:45 AM

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Oh, you were talking about the Brad Pitt gif? :D Of course I know who he is!

:wow1:

But chingu, no! I prefer Keanu! :wub:

Who's with me? :evilelmo:

@partyon  So many people love Keanu Reeves. But, they are both easy to watch on the screen. Although, Keanu is the one I want to watch over and over again. Most people will say Pitt maybe, but when Reeves is placed in roles that play to his strengths, he exudes the charisma and energy that are the qualities of great acting. Pitt has mostly taken on very serious roles portraying dark emotional characters.   :blush:

8 hours ago, larus said:

You never watched him in other dramas? I think I watched him in 7 dramas but in only one he was the first lead. I want him as lead in other dramas. I don`t know why some actors are not lucky enough to receive offers for first lead roles.

In Death`s Game he was a serial killer. He played one in Voice (first season) too. I still feel chills when I think of his role in that drama. 🫣 I want to watch The Guest because I heard good things about it but horror is not my favorite genre and I still postpone the moment.

@larus  As far as I know the well known actors and actresses in Korea are usually offered the roles. The truth is, many writers and producers can picture out, which actor/actress they can see doing the roles in their dramas or movies. Another reason is actors don’t end up in a given role vary widely. Sometimes actors’ prices are too high; sometimes an in-demand performer can’t fit the film into her/his schedule. Here and there, the actor simply turns down the part.   :kitty:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Had he taken seriously toxic roles yet? 

Missed this question earlier…

I didn’t finish all his shows on pro-gaming cos they were dull and he had like 2 expressions - some netizens described it as constipated vs not. *dear me*

He had one with Dilireba and another with Zhao Lusi but both didn’t score too well in the ratings and he tumbled and flat-lined from there, save for the support of his rabid fans.

i am not one…

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, rocat said:

he tumbled and flat-lined from there, save for the support of his rabid fans.

Queue in the supposed resolve of his team *NOT* to let him take roles that aren't goody two shoes or support roles cos... This was in C-ent gossip sites a month or so ago.

Isn't he getting set-up for eventual failure in career with this kind of mindset? He can't play the hero forever with his "2 expressions", not even with his rabid fans support. They fought over top billings with Reba, while they dissed Lusi's looks.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

sn't he getting set-up for eventual failure in career with this kind of mindset?

These fans must think of themselves as supreme managers of sorts but they do have an inordinate amount of influence that’s illogical. Sometimes it seems as if the actors are afraid of getting on their wrong side. They’re like a strong union. :lol:

He was rumored to be with Wang Churan, an actress who got a lot of flak for her character/attitude/whatnots - did not do him any favours either. 

Well, if all else fails, he’s got his height. Kekeke.

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, rocat said:

These fans must think of themselves as supreme managers of sorts but they do have an inordinate amount of influence that’s illogical. Sometimes it seems as if the actors are afraid of getting on their wrong side. They’re like a strong union

C-ent netizens can make or break the career of some showbiz personalities, an example is Xiao Zhan who few years ago was pariah and sorta "banned" due to his rabid fans' atrocious behaviour online that eventually involved the authorities. That wasn't even XZ's fault, but he lost lucrative endorsements at the height of the controversy. 😵‍💫

XZ is one of the best though, and after that forced hiatus, he was able to come back to being active with different acting projects. 

• Sad 1
  • Blob 2

36 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

XZ is one of the best though, and after that forced hiatus, he was able to come back to being active with different acting projects. 

Yes, I remember. That’s what happens when opinions become stronger than facts, when some think their views triumph logic, when egos get blown out of proportion. Poor fella’s hands were tied.

I am amazed he came out of it stronger and definitely wiser just looking at how careful he is in interviews and reserved in his Weibo. Super polite and thoughtful chap. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 2/13/2024 at 12:40 AM, partyon said:

Oppa is great with babies (and kids in general). :kiss_wink:

Now that's something I really can't resist. A man who is good with babies. It's just that his very scandalous life puts me off. 

On 2/13/2024 at 12:46 AM, MayanEcho said:

BTW, Xiao Zhan is 184cm. I like this actor too.

Pics! Pics! Pics! 

Nicky Ricky Dicky Dawn Daydreaming GIF by Nickelodeon

On 2/13/2024 at 12:46 AM, MayanEcho said:

I dunno, but the oppa  in question might be Lee Soo Hyuk? @rocat, can it be that that oppa was in the event about supernatural beings roles?

I approve of him. His dimples are to die for. Isn't he the Grim Repear who sent the usualy stoic @partyon into a tizzy? He had been a hot topic for discussion during the show. Yeah, definitely could have been him. :Pandabulous:

On 2/13/2024 at 12:57 AM, partyon said:

Bae In Hyuk who just starred in Park's Marriage Contract! :luvarrow:

He isn't conventionally handsome but he is kind of cute. He grows on you after a while. :issohappy:

On 2/13/2024 at 4:00 AM, itsmeash said:

I picked quite a few. But my #1 from those mentioned is hands down, without a doubt, Her Private Life's, Ryan Gold. Best ML imho. Love him, have nothing bad to say about him. Not one single iota of a bad thing to say. 

Wow a green flag bearer! What was his character like? I havn't watched the drama. 

On 2/13/2024 at 12:40 AM, partyon said:

He's great with his doggie too. Would love to hear news of him becoming a dad.

oh missed this part! Babies and dogs. What about cats? I am turning into a cat person. :heart1:

On 2/13/2024 at 5:09 PM, rocat said:

Supernatural? Hmmm…other than vampire oppa, Goblin Gong Yoo - my bias - comes to mind too but, no. Kekeke. Also Seo In-guk in the show he played the devil/grim reaper. But also, no.

:happydance:mine too! mine too! :fullofhearts:

Which drama made you fall for him, chingu? Don't you like CEW too? You must be my twin sister. :love:

it’s not Inzhagi but we definitely praised him at length! He’ll always have a special place in my heart for intelligent birds.

LOL! That was the best thing I read today. Thanks for the laughs. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

It’s Yang Yang’s character, Xiao Nai in Love 020! A C-drama gege. Yang Yang has got a beautiful smile, a little impish and he’s 1.8m. Very easy on the eye. Not of the +\-  forum standard of abs but good enough. This was the turning point that propelled him to fame. 

LOVE 020 is it the drama where he is a gamer? He has a charming smile. :wub:

I recall that these reasons were mentioned in the discussion for why ML is best BF:

- that ML gives FL a lot of space to do things on her own but is always around to catch her should she fall and is always supportive and encouraging without belittling her

- that ML is the head of some company/ star in his profession and is a self-made man

- that ML is a bit long suffering and keeps difficulties to himself but always emerges the winner on account of his intelligence and biz acumen

- has eyes only for one despite the legions of women fluttering around cos he’s successful, charming and sweet

- patient and considerate to a fault

- the kind you want to bring home to meet mommy

Who is this dreamboat? 

On 2/13/2024 at 11:51 PM, partyon said:

Omo! This is on my watchlist. I just found Kim Jae Wook so handsome in Death's Game I thought I should check him out in another drama. :wub:

On 2/13/2024 at 11:51 PM, partyon said:

Such a handsome ahjussi oppa!

Did you say ahjussi oppa? Sign me up. Let's watch the drama. :coolshades:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

Now that's something I really can't resist. A man who is good with babies. It's just that his very scandalous life puts me off. 

@confusedheart  sorry, but, were you referring to Choi Jin Hyuk? If so, was that the one where he was booked by Police for breaking Covid 19 restrictions at illegally operating bar? It's not a career ending type of scandal. He apologized immediately, accepted all responsibility. Well, he could have been more careful. Safest really that time was to meet up at home. Oh well, life is tough for everyone those days. He's doing a drama right now.   :heart3:

• Blob 2

18 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Which drama made you fall for him, chingu? Don't you like CEW too? You must be my twin sister.

Gong Yoo? My first swoon moment was in Coffee Prince :wub: Then I caught everything else he was in except for the movie he did with Bae Doona - have not found a site to catch that legally. Kekeke.

CEW is gorgeous but a bit too pretty - he doesn’t quite have a ruggedness that I like. But he is super easy on the eye when not acting…

I now have a twin too :glasses:

LOL! That was the best thing I read today. Thanks for the laughs. 

Glad you did! 

The Muppets Coffee GIF by Muppet Wiki

LOVE 020 is it the drama where he is a gamer?

Yes, and he is at the top of that RPG game, no less expected from one of a brilliant mind.

I think that was his first appearance as a gamer; he did more of those where he played a pro-gamer

Who is this dreamboat? 

The character in the show says it all !

Paul Dano Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:08 AM, MayanEcho said:

@rocat Had he taken seriously toxic roles yet? 

What's the name of the drama? @MayanEcho and @rocat

I am in mood for some bad boy 'romance'. :eats2:

On 2/14/2024 at 12:15 AM, larus said:

In Death`s Game he was a serial killer. He played one in Voice (first season) too. I still feel chills when I think of his role in that drama. 🫣 I want to watch The Guest because I heard good things about it but horror is not my favorite genre and I still postpone the moment.

Thanks for some great recs, chingu. I am in a drama slump. 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:40 AM, kingpin said:

The moment I saw the script, that “Do you want me?” line…I’ve been discussing with our director on how to best deliver it because it’s a great line that could represent Ryan’s character. Put a lot of thought into it since it was a symbolic line and it wasn’t easy to do it. - Kim Jae Wook, Her Private Life Press Conference

You have really convinced me to give this drama a try. I am not sure why I didn't watch it because I usually watch all romantic K dramas. 

On 2/14/2024 at 1:50 AM, kingpin said:

chingu he is Brad Pitt ex-husband of Angelina Jolie

Brad Pitt? Universal oppa? 

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

A Big NO from me. What according to you makes him a universal oppa, chingu? He cheated. So a NO from me. Eliminated right there. :bawling:

On 2/14/2024 at 2:47 PM, rocher22 said:

Kivanc's character Kuzey....Kuzey Guney

This GUY I know and approve, oh yes! @Lmangla have you see this drama where he starred in?

On 2/14/2024 at 6:37 PM, MayanEcho said:

Queue in the supposed resolve of his team *NOT* to let him take roles that aren't goody two shoes or support roles cos... This was in C-ent gossip sites a month or so ago.

Isn't he getting set-up for eventual failure in career with this kind of mindset? He can't play the hero forever with his "2 expressions", not even with his rabid fans support. They fought over top billings with Reba, while they dissed Lusi's looks.

Gossip :eats2:

On 2/14/2024 at 8:32 PM, rocat said:

These fans must think of themselves as supreme managers of sorts but they do have an inordinate amount of influence that’s illogical. Sometimes it seems as if the actors are afraid of getting on their wrong side. They’re like a strong union. :lol:

I think the fans in Aisan countries, including mine are quite savage and become too personal:bashful:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

50 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

You have really convinced me to give this drama a try. I am not sure why I didn't watch it because I usually watch all romantic K dramas. 

If you like romcoms then you`ll like it. I watched the drama. I was bored in the second part but I did not drop it. I liked the couple (Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young) and I stayed for them. The plot was not convincing. (For me anyway.) 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

What's the name of the drama?

Did you mean that YT short I previously posted? Derailment, with Lin Yi as ML and Liu Haocun as FL. It's sci-fi, and I'll likely begin watching this week. 🙂

• Blob 3

On 2/15/2024 at 10:09 AM, confusedheart said:

Wow a green flag bearer! What was his character like? I havn't watched the drama. 

Yep. He's a walking green flag... Supportive, understanding, sweet, treats the FL like all women deserve to be treated. I honestly don't think he has a toxic bone in his body. 

• Love 2

Well, the most perfect, green flag bearing namja chingus are :

• Ji Chang-wook's character Seo Jung-hoo / Park Bong-soo / Healer from “Healer”
  • Song Joong-ki's character Captain Yoo Si from "Descendants of the Sun”
  • Lee Joon-gi's character 4th Prince Wang So from “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”
  • Kim Jae Wook's character Ryan Gold in "Her Private Life"
  • Choi Jin Hyuk's character Park Kwang Ho from "Tunnel"

In the second place, we have:

• Hyun Bin's character Ri Jeong-hyeok from "Crash Landing on You"
  • Lee Jae Wook's character Seol Ji Hwan from "Search WWW"
  • Ji Sung's character Shin Se Gi from "Kill Me Heal Me"

And not to be outdone are: 

• Park Bo Gum's character Lee Yeong from "Love in the Moonlight"
  • Jo In-sung's character Park Do-kyung from “It’s Okay, That’s Love”
  • Lee Min-ho's character Lee Gon / Lee Ji-hun from "The King: Eternal Monarch"
  • Jang Hyuk's character Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk) from “Fated to Love You”
  • Park Seo-joon's character Ko Dong-man from "Fight For My Way"
  • Kim Min Gue's character Cha Sung Hoon from "A Business Proposal"
  • Kang Tae Oh's character Lee Jun Ho from "Extraordinary Attorney Woo"

congratulations.gif

Congratulations to all ! It was indeed very difficult to choose among all so many deserving characters. 

Thank you all for participating and voting. A special shout out to:

kiss.gif

@itsmeash @willenette @rocat @rocher22 @larus @MayanEcho @kingpin @Lmangla and @kokodus

Please look forward to our next event. Till then....

good-bye-peace-out.gif

re:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1