[Drama 2023] Live Your Own Life/Hyo Shim’s Independent Life, 효심이네

larus

I don’t understand why Grandma Choi did not spill it to the police that it was a kidnap attempt. I can imagine most women would scream ‘This scumbag is not my son’ or ‘he’s a servant’, just to put him down.

She was the Chairman’s wife for decades, she must have someone in her corner?

TM’s mum is a real evil female. They should make her an ex-bar woman who got pregnant and claimed that he was a Taesan.

• Like 2

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

Spoiler

Ha Jun And Uee Go On A Cute Ice Skating Date In “Live Your Own Life”

Ha Jun And Uee Go On A Cute Ice Skating Date In “Live Your Own Life”

KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” has shared an adorable sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Live Your Own Life” is a drama starring Uee as Lee Hyo Shim, a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness. Ha Jun stars as Kang Tae Ho, the director of the planning division of a conglomerate group, while Go Joo Won plays his cousin and ultimate rival Kang Tae Min.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Hyo Shim and Kang Tae Ho go on a romantic date at an ice skating rink. Although Hyo Shim is good at nearly everything, it turns out there’s something she can’t do: ice skating. For the first time in their relationship, the tables are turned as strict trainer Hyo Shim receives a lesson from Tae Ho instead of the other way around.

After lacing up her skates for her, Tae Ho comforts the nervous Hyo Shim and affectionately leads her on the ice as he teaches her how to skate. Before long, a happy smile breaks out on Hyo Shim’s face as she gets the hang of it while holding onto Tae Ho for support.

Spoiler

Uee-Ha-Jun.jpg

Spoiler

Ha-Jun-Uee-2.jpg

The “Live Your Own Life” production team teased, “As Hyo Shim and Tae Ho’s love gradually ripens, Tae Ho finally learns that the shocking secret surrounding his grandmother Myung Hee has been revealed and comes to a realization. As a result, he plans to jump into the line of succession, which he hadn’t been thinking of doing at all, in order to return the Taesan that his grandmother created to its original state.”

“Please look forward to seeing the results of Tae Ho’s awakening,” they continued, “along with an exciting chaebol family war.”

The next episode of “Live Your Own Life” will air on January 6 at 8:05 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1635538wpp/ha-jun-and-uee-go-on-a-cute-ice-skating-date-in-live-your-own-life

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 30! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ends On No. 1 Ratings

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ends On No. 1 Ratings

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” remained the most-watched program of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 17.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1635611wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-ends-on-no-1-ratings

Hyo-shim's mom doesn't need a daughter. What she needed was a slave. With how she abuses everyone around her, no wonder her husband ran away from home. She may not physically abuse them but mentally she does. A big manipulator as well.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

The mother is a real nag. She nags everyone in her family. Now she has followed HS to her new house and started to boss around her 30 something daughter again. Next episode showed HS telling her off  in a big way and HS, she’s sticking to her guns.

The lawyer neighbour is quite cute, of course they’ll end up together ( like a wedding) and I think he’ll give up the idea of becoming a lawyer and she an actress.  They will do what they are good at.

That butler went bonkers when he saw HD in the Kang’s house and started hitting him. I am guessing he fathered both THee and TM.  Both are such nice characters.:worried:

TH finally finds out that HS is his manager’s sister. That brother is really old, could play the father.

Here are the ratings for Episode 31! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Welcome To Samdalri” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

JTBC’s “Welcome to Samdalri” hit a new all-time high in viewership last night!

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 19.0 percent, successfully continuing its streak as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1635862wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

Tae Ho lost me with his hostility to Taemin.  Taemin is bearing all the weight of family responsibility. At least Tae Ho could talk to Taemin about what he knows and doesn't know.

Here are the ratings for Episode 32! :).

“Knight Flower” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Welcome To Samdalri” Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

“Knight Flower” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Welcome To Samdalri” Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” continued its streak as the most-watched program of Saturday, climbing to a nationwide average of 18.3 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637125wpp/knight-flower-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-welcome-to-samdalri-earns-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

Uee And Ha Jun Get Caught Dating In “Live Your Own Life”

Uee And Ha Jun Get Caught Dating In “Live Your Own Life”

Uee and Ha Jun’s secret romance is about to be discovered on “Live Your Own Life”!

“Live Your Own Life” is a KBS drama starring Uee as Lee Hyo Shim, a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness. Ha Jun stars as Kang Tae Ho, the director of the planning division of a conglomerate group, while Go Joo Won plays his cousin and ultimate rival Kang Tae Min.

Spoilers

Up until now, Hyo Shim and Tae Ho have kept their relationship a secret from their training center, as dating a client is against the rules and grounds for dismissal. This fear of her daughter losing her livelihood—and thus her ability to support their family—is also the reason Hyo Shim’s mother was against their relationship.

However, newly released stills from the drama’s next episode suggest that Hyo Shim may soon be at risk of getting fired from her job. As Hyo Shim and Tae Ho share an affectionate embrace in a parking lot, they are spotted by Hyo Shim’s fellow trainers, who can’t hide their shock at seeing the couple together.

Live-Your-Own-Life-2.jpg

To find out what happens after the couple gets caught, tune in to the next episode of “Live Your Own Life” on January 13 at 8:05 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637148wpp/uee-and-ha-jun-get-caught-dating-in-live-your-own-life

Here are the ratings for Episode 33! :).

“Live Your Own Life” Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + “Welcome To Samdalri” Breaks Into Double Digits

“Live Your Own Life” Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + “Welcome To Samdalri” Breaks Into Double Digits

Several dramas soared to new all-time highs last night!

On January 14, viewership ratings for KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” broke past the 20 percent mark for the very first time. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 20.9 percent, marking a new personal record for the series.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637289wpp/live-your-own-life-ratings-soar-past-20-percent-welcome-to-samdalri-breaks-into-double-digits

Here are the ratings for Episode 34! :).

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” continued its reign as the most-watched program of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 17.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637289wpp/live-your-own-life-ratings-soar-past-20-percent-welcome-to-samdalri-breaks-into-double-digits

Grandmother Choi is starting to show she has some power when she called a man who may be a director.

I am trying to figure out how TM’s paternity will be revealed. I want to see the smirking henchman watch his son and perhaps daughter too go down.

‘It’s Filial Piety’ Yui♥Hajun, tears overflowing with tears

news-p.v1.20240121.331defd389e3480699076

A situation that Yui was worried about in ‘Hyosim, Each Life’ occurs. As soon as her secret relationship with her ‘chaebol boyfriend’ Ha Jun is discovered, requests for favors continue to follow, from her sister-in-law Lim Ji-eun to fitness center owner Kang Shin-jo. The image of Yui shedding tears due to her upset is foreshadowed, which already makes her feel sad.

In the last broadcast of the KBS 2TV weekend drama ‘Hyoshim’s Own Life’ (directed by Kim Hyeong-il, written by Jo Jeong-seon, produced by Arc Media), Hee-ju (Lim Ji-eun) learned about the incredible background of her sister-in-law Hyosim’s (Uee) boyfriend. Hyo-seong (Nam Seong-jin), who is upset because of her mother Seon-sun (Yoon Mi-ra), who had an accident while taking over the cafe, is worried that the repercussions may affect Hyo-shim, and makes the mistake of saying, “How can I send her younger brother to a third-generation tycoon from a wealthy family?” I ended up doing it. When Hee-joo, who could not ignore this, persistently inquired, Hyosung eventually begged her never to tell Seon-sun and revealed that Hyosim's boyfriend was the son of the company owner's family.

Heeju will never miss this opportunity. The preview video released immediately after the broadcast showed Hee-ju visiting Hyo-shim's house and drinking kimchi soup first. She is earnestly asking Hyosim, “Please support my brother when you get married.” The fitness center owner (Kang Shin-jo) goes one step further. When her secret love affair with Tae-ho was discovered among the members, Hyo-shim, who announced her intention to “quit,” jumped up and said, “If you date a member, you will be fired,” but then showed an unexpected response, “Would you like to persuade member Tae-ho Kang to take over?” As a result, Hyosim is shocked, her pride is hurt, and she even sheds tears.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202401211439003&sec_id=540201

The audacity Ruby had in judging her aunt and then interrogating Tae Ho as if she's the mother-in-law goodness gracious. Which is why I never warmed up to her character. Ever. Ugh such atrocious behaviour. Such a disrespectful, entitled brat she is! She is no different to that of Tae Min's soon-to-be ex-wife, only difference is status, age gap also tsk.

Now Ruby's mom is sucking up to Hyo Sim. HELLo she has her own mother to deal with ha-ha. Why don't you pay more attention to Ruby instead!? That girl is a nightmare I don't know how any man find her attractive. Ironic she thinks her aunt isn't charming. Ugh she makes me so riled up LoL!

The gym where Hyo Sim works at. Sigh. Why is her relationship anyone's business LoL? One would think she's marrying into the royal family or something!

Her mom runs a cafe LoL gosh when the woman doesn't even know 'bout Elvis or Hitler ha-ha. She doesn't even know her way around a computer for goodness sakes. In next week's preview, Tae Ho gets put away by his scheming aunt oy (facepalm) and Hyo Sim's younger bro tries to stake claim at Tae Hee's family's company geez LoL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The audacity Ruby had in judging her aunt and then interrogating Tae Ho as if she's the mother-in-law goodness gracious. Which is why I never warmed up to her character. Ever. Ugh such atrocious behaviour. Such a disrespectful, entitled brat she is! She is no different to that of Tae Min's soon-to-be ex-wife, only difference is status, age gap also tsk.

Now Ruby's mom is sucking up to Hyo Sim. HELLo she has her own mother to deal with ha-ha. Why don't you pay more attention to Ruby instead!? That girl is a nightmare I don't know how any man find her attractive. Ironic she thinks her aunt isn't charming. Ugh she makes me so riled up LoL!

The gym where Hyo Sim works at. Sigh. Why is her relationship anyone's business LoL? One would think she's marrying into the royal family or something!

Her mom runs a cafe LoL gosh when the woman doesn't even know 'bout Elvis or Hitler ha-ha. She doesn't even know her way around a computer for goodness sakes. In next week's preview, Tae Ho gets put away by his scheming aunt oy (facepalm) and Hyo Sim's younger bro tries to stake claim at Tae Hee's family's company geez LoL.

What do you expect from Ruby when her mom is one and the same. They're born from the same mold.

My high blood pressure sure is high from the latest chapter. This really solidifies that Hyo-sim is surrounded by gold diggers and exploitative people.

And honestly, so glad Tae-min isn't the male lead. I find him a pushover at this point. 

It looked like TM’s evil mother had a hand in getting TH arrested. HS was seen meeting TM most likely to get him to help TH.

Grandma Choi went to meet TM’s TV boss FIL. This is interesting, will TM’s wife be in his team or TH’s team?

HS’ mum was delighted to get her daughter back and also needing her.

The oldest brother’s wife and daughter are not nice people. The wife is modelled on the pushy over ambitious mothers anywhere, but she’s too much. Everything gravitates around the daughter. All the while HS was taking care of the family, she wasn’t helping out, but now HS is dating a chaebol, she is the eldest DIL? :surprisedwut:

The daughter can be made a charming if self engrossed character, but she’s just rude, bad mannered. The writer should add some quirkiness. Is the  boy’s role being enhanced now that TH is playing golf?

I am glad HS slapped the woman back, imagine blaming her for TM’s disinterest.:sweat_smile:

Here are the ratings for Episode 35! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run; “My Happy Ending” And “Live Your Own Life” Hit New All-Time Highs

“Welcome To Samdalri” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run; “My Happy Ending” And “Live Your Own Life” Hit New All-Time Highs

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” broke past the 20 percent mark to reach a new all-time high of 21.4 percent for its latest episode—continuing its streak as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1638477wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-run-my-happy-ending-and-live-your-own-life-hit-new-all-time-highs