[Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 3 !:)

“Not Others” Continues To Set New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings

“Not Others” Continues To Set New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings

Meanwhile, episode 3 of tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” achieved an average nationwide rating of 2.832 percent, seeing a small dip from its previous episode’s personal best score of 3.008 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605861wpp/not-others-continues-to-set-new-personal-best-in-viewership-ratings-2

Kim So Hyun Watches In Fear As Hwang Minhyun Has A Panic Attack In “My Lovely Liar”

Aug 8, 2023
by M. Lim

20230808085929_kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has released new stills previewing the upcoming episode!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “My Lovely Liar,” Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha’s relationship progressed from being mere neighbors to becoming friendly acquaintances. Mok Sol Hee mistakenly believed that Kim Do Ha was hiding due to his dating rumors with top star Shaon (Lee Si Woo) and decided to pretend not to know his identity, but she still couldn’t recall what happened five years ago. After the two shared their secrets of being hurt by their families, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha grew closer.

The newly released stills capture Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha enjoying another friendly dinner together. Looking comfortable without a mask in front of Mok Sol Hee, Kim Do Ha evidently looks much more relaxed around her now, while Mok Sol Hee’s eyes are glistening with curiosity as she looks at him. In the next episode, Mok Sol Hee plans to use a unique approach to uncover Kim Do Ha’s secret, as he is the only person whose lies she cannot detect. Will this cause Kim Do Ha to finally lie to her?

kim-so-hyun-8.jpeg

Spoiler

hwang-minhyun-8.jpeg

kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-8.jpeg

In other stills, Kim Do Ha faces yet another crisis as he seems to have a hard time breathing and is on the verge of collapsing at any moment. Fear and worry are evident on Mok Sol Hee’s face as she witnesses this.

hwang-minhyun-11.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-sohyun-11.jpeg

The production team hinted, “In the fourth episode, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha will become more and more conscious of each other. Please pay keen attention to find out how a third person, who will appear between the two, will impact their relationship.”

The next episode of “My Lovely Liar” will air on August 8 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605915wpp/kim-so-hyun-watches-in-fear-as-hwang-minhyun-has-a-panic-attack-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 8, 2023
12 3

The recently premiered rom-com My Lovely Liar garnered an average nationwide rating of 2.83% for its third episode, dropping low from its previous episode's viewership of 3%. But the drama managed to rank as the second most-watched Monday-Tuesday show on tvN. 

d0z7oA_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Lovely Liar?

Episode 4 of My Lovely Liar will air on August 8th (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-liar-heartbeat-maintain-steady-viewership

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim So Hyun Watches In Fear As Hwang Minhyun Has A Panic Attack In “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has released new stills previewing the upcoming episode!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “My Lovely Liar,” Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha’s relationship progressed from being mere neighbors to becoming friendly acquaintances. Mok Sol Hee mistakenly believed that Kim Do Ha was hiding due to his dating rumors with top star Shaon (Lee Si Woo) and decided to pretend not to know his identity, but she still couldn’t recall what happened five years ago. After the two shared their secrets of being hurt by their families, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha grew closer.

The newly released stills capture Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha enjoying another friendly dinner together. Looking comfortable without a mask in front of Mok Sol Hee, Kim Do Ha evidently looks much more relaxed around her now, while Mok Sol Hee’s eyes are glistening with curiosity as she looks at him. In the next episode, Mok Sol Hee plans to use a unique approach to uncover Kim Do Ha’s secret, as he is the only person whose lies she cannot detect. Will this cause Kim Do Ha to finally lie to her?

kim-so-hyun-8.jpeg

hwang-minhyun-8.jpeg

kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-8.jpeg

In other stills, Kim Do Ha faces yet another crisis as he seems to have a hard time breathing and is on the verge of collapsing at any moment. Fear and worry are evident on Mok Sol Hee’s face as she witnesses this.

Spoiler

hwang-minhyun-11.jpeg

kim-sohyun-11.jpeg

The production team hinted, “In the fourth episode, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha will become more and more conscious of each other. Please pay keen attention to find out how a third person, who will appear between the two, will impact their relationship.”

The next episode of “My Lovely Liar” will air on August 8 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605915wpp/kim-so-hyun-watches-in-fear-as-hwang-minhyun-has-a-panic-attack-in-my-lovely-liar

Here are the ratings for Episode 4 !:).

“Not Others” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High

“Not Others” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.9 percent for episode 4, seeing a 0.1 percent boost from the previous episode’s rating of 2.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606064wpp/not-others-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high

• Like 1

20230810064652_My-Lovely-Liar-1-.jpg?s=9“My Lovely Liar” Sweeps Viki Rankings Around The World

Aug 10, 2023
by S. Nam

My Lovely Liar” is receiving love from all over the globe!

According to global OTT (over-the-top) platform Rakuten Viki, Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun’s “My Lovely Liar” placed No. 1 in viewership in regions all over the globe including the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Mexico, and more. Among the 137 regions “My Lovely Liar” is available in, the drama ranked No. 1 in 127 regions.

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Rakuten Viki is a global OTT platform that provides video streaming services for Asian dramas and films in more than 190 countries around the world including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Oceania, and India.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606342wpp/my-lovely-liar-sweeps-viki-rankings-around-the-world

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 10, 2023

wJA1Bn_2f.jpg

According to Rakuten Viki, a global OTT platform headquartered in the United States, the tvN drama My Lovely Liar, starring Kim So Hyun and Hwang Min Hyun, has secured the top viewer ranking in countries all over the world, including the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Mexico.

2wdRWE_2f.jpg

This achievement became even more remarkable as My Lovely Liar claimed the top spot in the viewer rankings within the first week of its release in 127 of the 137 countries. With its 16 episodes, as the relationship between Mok Sol Hee (Kim So Hyun) and Kim Do Ha (Hwang Min Hyun) deepens, the overseas response is expected to become even more heated as the story progresses.

XdZnxJ_2f.jpg

My Lovely Liar is a romantic comedy that guarantees excitement, portraying a romance between a lie-detector Mok Sol Hee, and a brilliant composer, Kim Do Ha, who harbors a dark secret. Male lead PD Nam Seong Woo, who demonstrated artistic and witty direction through dramas like My Roommate Is a Gumiho, Love in Contract, and Guide Book of Kkondae Intern, teamed up with writer Seo Jeong Eun for this project.

• Like 1

My Lovely Liar: Episodes 3-4

by mistyisles

Our heroine values honesty above all else, but it turns out the truth isn’t quite as simple as “not a lie.” So when our reclusive composer’s apparent honesty overturns her expectations, she’s both confused and deeply curious about what exactly he may or may not be hiding.

EPISODES 3-4

When Do-ha catches Sol-hee removing his mask, all Sol-hee can muster is a small bow and a quiet “Hello…” Shaken, he takes off to spend the night in a hotel, and she searches him up online, cringing over assumptions she’s made about him.

Do-ha’s hotel stay comes to a swift end the next day when he’s caught in a crowd of reporters (they’re here for a different celebrity, but the camera flashes and jostling send him into a flashback-induced panic attack). So back to his temporary home he goes, and Sol-hee just happens to exit the building right when he arrives. After he fails to hide behind the taxi (lol), Sol-hee apologizes for the unmasking.

He’s kept her literally at arm’s length throughout the conversation, but steps protectively in front of her when a desperate-looking man runs up begging to borrow a phone. Do-ha gawks as Sol-hee readily offers the guy hers, along with cash (from Do-ha’s wallet) for a taxi — she, of course, can tell this isn’t a scam, but Do-ha just shakes his head at how naively trusting she appears to be.

From there, little chance encounters continue to nudge them closer together. Like when Sol-hee’s mom drops by asking for money, but mistakenly knocks on Do-ha’s door instead. He overhears her mom accusing her of ruining their family — nine-year-old Sol-hee had innocently offered to help a victim of her mother’s real estate scam, only for the woman to run off with ALL of their money instead of just the amount she’d lost — and having a mother who’s afraid of you is something Do-ha is all too familiar with. When he and Sol-hee end up on their respective balconies that night, he commiserates with her about messy families.

On another night, Sol-hee finds herself at the jazz bar where Do-ha plays piano. While she immerses herself in the music, the gold-digging cheater from last week approaches and gets increasingly threatening. Do-ha again steps in front of her, and since she’s almost too drunk to function, he drives her home — not realizing until she points it out that he’s forgotten his mask.

On the way back, she insists on stopping for hangover soup, sweetly seating him with his back to the room so he’ll feel comfortable enough to eat. But trouble is waiting at their apartment building in the form of two reporters. Now it’s Sol-hee’s turn to protect Do-ha, which she does by bunny-hopping in front of him to hide his face and dragging him into her apartment to hide as the reporters camp out in the hallway.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/my-lovely-liar-episodes-3-4/

• Like 1

my fav scene from ep 3...  Our couple is quietly enjoying  their dinner...they deserve it...

the story has some really hilarious moments...

The jump was funny and sweet...

Liked the convenience store scene between the bodyguard and the celebrity girl.  

• Like 1

:what!:   Doha -  '' I didnt kill her''...SolHee heard it as a lie.... :unsure:

SH's mother is annoying but DH's mother is scary.  

Im glad Doha yelled at the girl... 

:fullofhearts:

''you are pretty'' scene... I laughed as he was a little uncomfortable for a moment...  :D

F3AuUw2agAA4lLR?format=webp&name=360x360

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim So Hyun And Hwang Minhyun Reach A Turning Point In “My Lovely Liar”

Kim So Hyun And Hwang Minhyun Reach A Turning Point In “My Lovely Liar”

My Lovely Liar” has hinted at a turning point ahead!

The mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Mok Sol Hee detected Kim Do Ha’s first lie, raising anticipation for what lies ahead for the two.

Stills for the next episode show Do Ha collapsed in bed after a panic attack due to a painful past memory. Sol Hee prepares a wet towel and carefully takes care of him with a complex expression on her face, and Do Ha grabs tightly on to Sol Hee’s wrist as if he is having a nightmare.

my-lovely-liar-5.jpegmy-lovely-liar-4.jpegmy-lovely-liar-3.jpeg

Sol Hee and Do Ha seem to have gotten closer, but the next stills show another unexpected change as they look at each other with cold gazes. Do Ha has also put his mask back on, drawing curiosity about what happened between them.

Spoiler

my-lovely-liar-2-1.jpegmy-lovely-liar-1-1.jpegmy-lovely-liar-6.jpeg

The drama’s production team shared, “Kim Do Ha experiences a big change in episode 5. It is an episode that will become a turning point in Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha’s relationship,” and added, “Please also look forward to Mok Sol Hee’s course of action after hearing Kim Do Ha’s lie.”

Episode 5 of “My Lovely Liar” airs on August 14 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606966wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-minhyun-reach-a-turning-point-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 15, 2023
22 4

RBe2JV_2f.jpg

tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama My Lovely Liar (directed by Nam Sung Woo and written by Seo Jung Eun) revealed on the 15th the sweet date scene of Mok Sol Hee (played by Kim So Hyun). Kim Do Ha (played by Hwang Min Hyun). As he removes his mask and steps forward, Kim Do Ha's changed gaze raises expectations for the "DoSol Couple" (Do Ha X Sol Hee).
In the previous episode, Mok Sol Hee rescued Kim Do Ha again. Mok Sol Hee's sincere remark that you can't know anything without speaking sincerely awakened Kim Do Ha, previously locked in trauma. Kim Do Ha confidently took off his mask in front of people and conveyed his first smile to Mok Sol Hee outside of the world, evoking a sense of warmth and excitement.

qYkVwd_2f.jpg

Today's photos enhance the excitement as Kim Do Ha's transformation ignites the full-blown romance. First, seeing Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha enjoying a sweet ice cream date catches the eye. Kim Do Ha's gentle touch as he wipes Mok Sol Hee's face is infinitely affectionate. Mok Sol Hee's adorable appearance, closing her eyes and accepting the touch, suggests a closer intimacy. The image of the two people tilting their glasses is also captured. Kim Do Ha, who had been suppressing his emotions towards Mok Sol Hee, finally released them. It makes one curious about what deep inner stories will be exchanged in this drinking session. A spicy turn of events is also captured. The contrast between Mok Sol Hee, raising her hand as if she could slap someone at any moment, and Kim Do Ha, whose dilated pupils are causing tremors, evokes laughter. Mok Sol Hee's transformation into a startled rabbit upon Kim Do Ha's surprise visit adds more intrigue. Indeed, the reason behind Mok Sol Hee's intense nervousness piques curiosity.

Xd43bq_2f.jpg

The My Lovely Liar production team stated, "In the 6th episode, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha will reach a turning point in their relationship. The straightforwardness of Kim Do Ha will bring about amusing yet lovely happenings, delivering delightful excitement."

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-liar-kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-min-hyun-s-sweet-interactions-captured

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun And Hwang Minhyun Enjoy An Adorable Date In “My Lovely Liar”

Aug 15, 2023

My Lovely Liar” has shared exciting new stills of Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun!

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “My Lovely Liar,” Mok Sol Hee saved Kim Do Ha once again. Mok Sol Hee’s heartfelt advice to Kim Do Ha regarding the importance of expressing his true feelings finally becomes a clear wake-up call to Kim Do Ha, who had been grappling with his past traumas.

The newly released stills capture Kim Do Ha finally stepping out to the world and taking off his mask in public. Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha then enjoy a sweet ice cream date, with Mok Sol Hee adorably closing her eyes when Kim Do Ha wipes something off her face, showing how close they have become.

The next still depicts Mol Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha drinking together. Previously, Kim Do Ha let out his repressed emotions to Mok Sol Hee. Viewers can’t wait to find out what other deep conversation the two will have while drinking together.

kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-1.jpg

hwang-minhyun-kim-so-hyun.jpg

However, the next photos show a contrasting atmosphere as Mok Sol Hee looks like she’s about to give Kim Do Ha a slap while Kim Do Ha is captured with a startled expression. Stunned to see Kim Do Ha paying her a surprise visit, it piques viewers’ curiosity to find out what has got Mok Sol Hee so nervous.

my-lovely-liar-1.jpg

Spoiler

my-lovely-liar-1-1.jpg

hwang-minhyun-10.jpeg

The production team of “My Lovely Liar” commented, “In Episode 6, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha hit a turning point in their relationship. The hilarious but adorable happenings caused by Kim Do Ha will evoke excitement in viewers’ hearts.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1607112wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-minhyun-enjoy-an-adorable-date-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

The tvN rom-com My Lovely Liar achieved its best-ever viewership of 3.01% for its fifth episode. The drama remained the second most-watched weekday show on tvN. Its previous episode recorded a rating of 2.88%. Despite single-digit ratings back home, My Lovely Liar has built a huge global fanbase. In fact, the show topped Viki charts in 127 countries, as of August 10th.   

x4kvgE_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Lovely Liar?

Episode 6 of My Lovely Liar will air on August 15th (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/heartbeat-heads-into-finale-with-improved-ratings-my-lovely-liar-sets-personal-record

• Like 1

I dont know how I’m going to survive their dating stage :byebye2: I’m already squealing with their interactions with each other and they haven’t even confessed to each other yet! (I’m halfway through 6)

I hope we can get more backstory of what happened with Seung Joo’s ex-girlfriend. I’m like 90% sure he didn’t murder her, but she probably committed suicide and Seung Joo blames himself for her death and thinks he killed her (that’s why when he said he didn’t kill her, it came out as a lie. In reality he most likely didn’t kill her but mentally he believes that he did so it comes out as a lie since he truly believes so. Your mentality is stronger then your actions).