[Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말

larus

by Hazel Jung, June 27, 2023
7 0

Xd3Rkd_2f.png

On the 27th, the production team of My Lovely Liar released the second teaser video, featuring the meeting between Mok Sol Hee (played by Kim So Hyun), who can hear lies, and Kim Do Ha (played by Hwang Min Hyun), who hides the truth. From their suspicious and awkward encounters as neighbors to falling for each other, the teaser raises curiosity about the dynamic relationship between the two.

My Lovely Liar is a romantic mystery drama that unfolds the story of Mok Sol Hee, a liar hunter who cannot trust people due to her ability to hear lies, and Kim Do Ha, a genius composer with a hidden identity. It offers a delightful mix of romance and mystery set against a realistic fantasy backdrop.

Above all, there is great anticipation for the chemistry between Kim So Hyun and Hwang Min Hyun. Kim So Hyun plays Mok Sol Hee, a liar hunter who can hear lies. Growing up hearing all sorts of lies, she leads a suspicious life and encounters her enigmatic next-door neighbor, Kim Do Ha, opening a new chapter. Hwang Min Hyun portrays Kim Do Ha, a hidden genius composer. Living a faceless life hidden from the world, he rediscovers his lost laughter after meeting the peculiar next-door woman, Mok Sol Hee. Kim Do Ha, harboring a secret he can't reveal to anyone, meets Mok Sol Hee, who can see through and understand everything with just a word. The synergy between Kim So Hyun and Hwang Min Hyun, entangled in a special relationship, intensifies the excitement of their story.

jQjwJy_2f.png

In the newly released second teaser, the fateful connection between Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha, starting with a coincidence, is captured, raising curiosity. Kim Do Ha's voice asking Mok Sol Hee, "Do you know me by any chance?" exudes a sense of wariness toward others. Kim Do Ha, a star composer whose identity is unknown except as a man appears in black clothes and a mask, avoiding contact with people. His appearance sometimes becomes endearing and clumsy. To cynical Mok Sol Hee, Kim Do Ha seems like a "strange person" and embodies a concept of "mystery." The phrase "What is this man's true identity?" added to Mok Sol Hee's curious gaze, further piquing interest in their relationship.

Two individuals who seem to have no connection are intertwined in a moment. Mok Sol Hee, a woman who can hear lies, has a neighbor, a mysterious man named Kim Do Ha, who doesn't tell lies. Kim Do Ha moves into Mok Sol Hee's next-door apartment. What is the true identity of Kim Do Ha, who renders Mok Sol Hee's ability as a liar hunter "useless"? Mok Sol Hee's curiosity about whether he never tells lies is followed by an unexpected "heart-fluttering" attack from Kim Do Ha, who says, "You're pretty," raising the heartbeats of viewers. The two suddenly start to care about each other in this peculiar neighborhood. Seeing how their relationship will unfold, despite being at arm's length, becomes intriguing.

Following the release of the second teaser, various social media platforms and online communities were filled with enthusiastic reactions such as "Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha are already making my heart flutter," "Kim Do Ha shines even when tightly bound," "A narrative treasure trove where abilities don't work on each other," "They make eye contact, but why am I the one trembling more?"

Meanwhile, tvN's new Monday-Tuesday drama, My Lovely Liar, will premiere on July 31st at 8:50 PM KST.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-min-hyun-s-intense-eye-contact-featured-in-my-lovely-liar-teaser

• Like 1

Watch: Kim So Hyun’s Superpower Is Useless Around Hwang Minhyun In New Teaser For “My Lovely Liar”

Watch: Kim So Hyun’s Superpower Is Useless Around Hwang Minhyun In New Teaser For “My Lovely Liar”

tvN has shared a fun new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar”!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released teaser begins with Kim Do Ha, who is wary of strangers, asking Mok Sol Hee, “Do you know me, by any chance?” Someone then describes the mysterious producer in voice-over, saying, “How should I put it? He’s a bit strange. Nothing is known about him except that he’s a man. And he doesn’t meet people.”

As she catches Kim Do Ha amusingly trying to hide from people, the cynical Mok Sol Hee decides that the strange man must be “an attention-seeker” and dismisses his eccentric behavior as a “mysterious concept.”

However, after Kim Do Ha moves in next door to Mok Sol Hee, the two unusual neighbors get unexpectedly close. Kim Do Ha asks, “Didn’t seeing my face make you think of something?” and Mok Sol Hee replies, “Just… that you’re handsome?”

Although Mok Sol Hee has the ability to hear people’s lies, her superpower proves useless around Kim Do Ha, who never seems to lie to her. The preview ends with her asking cautiously, “Do you normally not tell lies?” He then makes her heart skip a beat by declaring, “You’re pretty.”

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1596950wpp/watch-kim-so-hyuns-superpower-is-useless-around-hwang-minhyun-in-new-teaser-for-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

Hwang Min-hyun woos with truth in tvN’s My Lovely Liar

by tccolb

A new teaser has been released for tvN’s My Lovely Liar, this time giving the spotlight to our male lead Hwang Min-hyun (Alchemy of Souls), as well as the first blooms of romance with our heroine Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm 2).

Owing to her special ability to discern lies from truth, it’s usually easy for Mok Sol-hee (Kim So-hyun) to read people and figure out their intentions. But as we learn in the new teaser, even the all-hearing Sol-hee finds songwriter Kim Do-ha (Hwang Min-hyun) puzzling and she looks confused when he asks her, “Do you know me, by any chance?”

As we watch a very conspicuous Do-ha sneaking around in a mask, in voiceover he’s described as being a little odd: he doesn’t seem to meet with people and there’s very little known about him. Sol-hee guesses that Do-ha must be an attention-seeker and acting mysterious is his concept. In the intermittent text screens, we read: “Who is this man? A suspicious man who doesn’t(?) lie has appeared next door to a woman who can hear lies.”

But when Sol-hee actually talks to Do-ha, she’s once again perplexed. In the sequence, we watch as our pair share some charged moments and merrily go out for drinks. A matter-of-fact Do-ha tells Sol-hee outright that she’s pretty and plainly asks her, “Did you not have any thoughts when you saw my face?” Sol-hee starts by saying, “Well… just… he’s good-looking?” But she’s unable to hold her curiosity and the teaser closes on her question to Do-ha, “Do you normally not lie?”

With PD Nam Sung-woo (Love in Contract, My Roommate is a Gumiho) at the helm and scripts by Seo Jung-eun (Let Me Be Your Knight), tvN’s mystery rom-com My Lovely Liar will be coming to our screens on July 31.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/hwang-min-hyun-woos-with-truth-in-tvns-my-lovely-liar/

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun Is The Only Person Who Trusts Hwang Minhyun In New Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Kim So Hyun Is The Only Person Who Trusts Hwang Minhyun In New Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Jun 29, 2023
by E. Cha
tvN has unveiled two new posters for its upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar”!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

In the first of two newly released character posters, Kim So Hyun wears a confident smile as the professional “liar hunter” Mok Sol Hee, a human lie detector who offers her services to clients in need of the truth. As someone who detects lies for a living, she proudly boasts in her caption, “If I say it’s so, then it is!”

Kim-So-Hyun-1.jpeg

However, Mok Sol Hee’s seemingly infallible superpower proves meaningless around her suspicious neighbor Kim Do Ha, who never lies to her.

In his own character poster, Minhyun exudes an air of lonely melancholy as he sits on the floor of Kim Do Ha’s studio surrounded by recording equipment. Forced to hide the truth due to his circumstances, Kim Do Ha has had nowhere to turn except for music, which has been his sole source of comfort for years.

But after he crosses paths with Mok Sol Hee, it seems that loner Kim Do Ha may finally have found someone he can confide in. His caption asks, as if in disbelief, “You… actually believe me?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597216wpp/kim-so-hyun-is-the-only-person-who-trusts-hwang-minhyun-in-new-drama-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

8+ New K-Dramas To Tune In To In July

Jul 5, 2023
by D. Kim

July has arrived, and summer is now in full swing! Cool down a bit indoors with a refreshing beverage and a new K-drama this month.

Here are dramas premiering in July to keep an eye out for:

My Lovely Liar

my-lovely-liar.jpeg

Cast: Kim So Hyun, Hwang Minhyun, Yoon Ji On, Seo Ji Hoon, Lee Si Woo, Ha Jong Woo, Park Kyung Hye, Song Jin Woo, Jo Jin Se, Baek Min Hyun, etc.

Premiere Date: July 31

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:50 p.m. KST on tvN, available on Viki

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people. However, the cynical Mok Sol Hee becomes intrigued by her suspicious next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha (Hwang Minhyun), a successful music producer hiding his face from the world.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598041wpp/8-new-k-dramas-to-tune-in-to-in-july

• Like 2

Kim So Hyun And Hwang Minhyun Gaze Into Each Other’s Hearts In “My Lovely Liar” Poster

Jul 5, 2023
by S. Nam

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has released a new romantic poster ahead of the premiere!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released poster teases the deep romance between Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha. Leaning in close, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha only have eyes for one another, creating a heart-fluttering image.

Through the hand that stretches out carefully toward Kim Do Ha, Mok Sol Hee conveys her sincerity in wanting to understand Kim Do Ha’s hidden feelings. Kim Do Ha also reciprocates with his deep gaze that seems to be asking for Mok Sol Hee’s understanding. On top of this, the text on top reads, “I can hear it, your truth,” raises anticipation for what the truth is and how this will change Kim Do Ha.

My-Lovely-Liar-1.jpeg

The production team shared, “Kim Do Ha, who has a secret he can not speak of, becomes the one person that Mok Sol Hee, who doesn’t have trust for people, wants to trust. The process in which the two who are intertwined through a special relationship become each other’s savior will unfold in a refreshing and interesting manner. Please anticipate the diverse chemistry that Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun will showcase.”

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST and be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598527wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-minhyun-gaze-into-each-others-hearts-in-my-lovely-liar-poster

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, July 6, 2023
5 3

Kim So Hyun, known for her exceptional talent, is set to shine in tvN's upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama, My Lovely Liar

The drama's production team unveiled stills on July 6, featuring the extraordinary character, Mok Sol Hee (Kim So Hyun). From her professional demeanor to her quirkiness, viewers are invited to look forward to Kim So Hyun's captivating performance and various charms.

My Lovely Liar follows the story of Mok Sol Hee, a woman who can spot lies, and a genius composer Kim Do Ha, who hides his true identity.  

The character stills of Mok Sol Hee showcase Kim So Hyun's remarkable transformation. As the conveyor of truth, Mok Sol Hee approaches her missions with unwavering sincerity. She effortlessly adapts to any circumstances, whether it be deep within a forest or a luxurious party. Through her piercing gaze, one can sense her unwavering confidence and prudence as she vows to expose any falsehood. 

Z8zKLY_2f.png

vXvb7X_2f.png

Mok Sol Hee was born with the unique gift of detecting others' lies by hearing them. Having grown up surrounded by an endless stream of deceit, she has become cynical, making it difficult for her to trust others. Her demeanor, as she sits quietly in Tarot café, also reflects the weariness of a life spent in constant doubt and mistrust.

x4v8bj_2f.png

However, the arrival of her mysterious neighbor, Kim Do Ha,  becomes a turning point in her life. 

Sharing her thoughts on the character, Kim So Hyun expressed, "When I first read the script, I found Mok Sol Hee's fearlessness and her direct approach to her ability to hear lies to be quite appealing. It was fascinating to witness how she adeptly uses her unique talents as a liar hunter".

more https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-loses-trust-in-people-after-living-surrounded-by-lies-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

News bites: July 5, 2023

by tccolb

Over on tvN, love is in the air for Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm 2) and Hwang Min-hyun (Alchemy of Souls) in the newest poster for My Lovely Liar. Following Delightfully Deceitful in the Monday-Tuesday slot, the fantasy rom-com is set to premiere this month on July 31. [News1]

My-Lovely-Liar-1.jpeg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-5-2023/

• Like 2

Kim So Hyun Describes Her Approach To Playing A Liar Hunter In “My Lovely Liar”

Kim So Hyun Describes Her Approach To Playing A Liar Hunter In “My Lovely Liar”

Jul 6, 2023
by M. Lim

Kim So Hyun has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar”!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released stills introduce Kim So Hyun’s character Mok Sol Hee as the world’s one and only “liar hunter.” Claiming that she’s serving the Truth God, Mok Sol Hee takes her job more sincerely than anyone else. From going deep into the mountains to attending fancy parties, Mok Sol Hee doesn’t hesitate to do anything to help her clients find the truth.

Behind her brilliant skill as a human lie detector is one secret: Mok Sol Hee was born with the supernatural ability to hear other people’s lies. Due to growing up listening to endless lies from people, Mok Sol Hee is now a completely cynical person who has lost her faith in people. However, in one of the stills, Mok Sol Hee looks disheartened and sits spiritlessly in the trot café that she runs, seemingly feeling tired of leading a life where she can’t trust others.

my-lovely-liar-kim-so-hyun.jpeg

Spoiler

my-lovely-liar-kim-so-hyun-1.jpeg

my-lovely-liar-kim-so-hyun-2.jpeg

Recalling the first time she received the script for the drama, Kim So Hyun remarked, “When I first saw the script, I found it charming that Mok Sol Hee just fearlessly faces her supernatural ability to hear lies instead of running away from it. It was interesting but at the same time I felt a bit sorry for her when I find out she smartly utilizes her special ability and turns it into a job as a professional ‘liar hunter.'”

Elaborating more on her character, Kim So Hyun shared, “Mok Sol Hee lives her life while constantly listening to lies nonstop. So naturally, she becomes someone who’s reluctant to let people in and believes it’s better when people are kept at a safe distance. But inside, she’s someone with lots of love.”

Kim So Hyun then wisely remarked, “Because she lives while hiding many parts of herself, I tried to act without defining her personality,” and added, “Mok Sol Hee is not interested in others and feels like there’s not really a reason why she should care so sometimes she acts as she pleases and also has a quirky side to her. I’m trying my best to show viewers these various sides of her.”

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST and be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598857wpp/kim-so-hyun-describes-her-approach-to-playing-a-liar-hunter-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

July 11 2023

Teaser trailer 3 for tvN drama series “My Lovely Liar”

My_Lovely_Liar-SM1.jpeg

Teaser trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “My Lovely Liar” starring Kim So-Hyun & Minhyun. The third teaser trailer for the romantic-comedy drama series begins with Kim So-Hyun as Mok Sol-Hee stating “I have a secret. I can actually hear a lie.” Captions on the teaser trailer states (0:06) “A woman who sees the hidden truth,” (0:16) “A man who hides a secret that he can’t tell,” (0:25) “Truth detection romance.” Below is a teaser poster for the drama series.

“My Lovely Liar” first airs July 31, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Mok Sol-Hee (Kim So-Hyun) has a special ability that allows her to distinguish whether people are lying or not. She hates her ability and views it as a curse. Because of her special ability, she is unable to trust anyone. Mok Sol-Hee gets involved with a murder suspect (Minhyun) who insists he is innocent, but nobody believes him.

• Like 1

Kim So-hyun and Hwang Min-hyun fall in love in My Lovely Liar

by lovepark

The latest teaser for tvN’s My Lovely Liar emphasizes the romance over the comedy this time around and showcases its two leads, Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm 2) and Hwang Min-hyun (Alchemy of Souls), falling in love. They make an opposites-attract pairing, and I can already feel the warm fuzzies through the screen from this adorable couple.

The teaser starts off with Kim Do-ha (Hwang Min-hyun) staring off into the distance as the waves crash on the shore and take away a ring. In the voiceover, Mok Sol-hee (Kim So-hyun) confesses that she can hear lies, and the teaser cuts to her tearful face. The show describes her as the woman who sees hidden lies and him as the man with a secret he cannot share, and this is their “truth detector” romance.

After hearing about Sol-hee’s strange powers, Do-ha says that if you hear, then you hear, and she asks back, “Aren’t you scared?” She stares at him with a smile on her face, and he looks up at her from the piano with a soft expression.

Sharing something about himself, as well, Do-ha tells Sol-hee that he cannot hide anything from her. The teaser shows him gasping for air in the middle of the street while Sol-hee rushes to his side in concern. They relocate to the inside of a car, and Sol-hee gazes at Do-ha’s sleeping face.

The feeling is mutual, though, as we see Sol-hee make a heart using two shrimps at Do-ha, and he stares at her through them, completely smitten. At the end, they stand on the beach, smiling at each other with such tenderness, and Sol-hee asks, “Kim Do-ha, you like me, don’t you?”

Directed by PD Nam Sung-woo (Love in Contract, My Roommate is a Gumiho) and written by Seo Jung-eun (Let Me Be Your Knight), tvN’s My Lovely Liar premieres on July 31 in the Monday-Tuesday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-min-hyun-fall-in-love-in-my-lovely-liar/

• Like 1

Watch: Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Get Closer To Discovering Each Other’s True Feelings In “My Lovely Liar”

Watch: Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Get Closer To Discovering Each Other’s True Feelings In “My Lovely Liar”

My Lovely Liar” has unveiled a new teaser!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released teaser begins with Mok Sol Hee confessing, “To be honest, I can hear lies.” Kim Do Ha calmly responds, “If you can, you can.” Mok Sol Hee asks, “Aren’t you scared?”

Kim Do Ha remarks, “I can’t hide it from you, Sol Hee.” At the beach, the two face each other with gentle smiles. Mok Sol Hee straightforwardly asks, “Kim Do Ha, you like me don’t you?”

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599824wpp/watch-hwang-minhyun-and-kim-so-hyun-get-closer-to-discovering-each-others-true-feelings-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

Hwang Minhyun Talks About His Mysterious Character In New Romance Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Hwang Minhyun Talks About His Mysterious Character In New Romance Drama “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has shared a glimpse of Hwang Minhyun’s character’s drastic transformation!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people—and who becomes intrigued by her suspicious next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha. 

Hwang Minhyun will play Mok Sol Hee’s mysterious neighbor Kim Do Ha, who is the most successful music producer in Korea but must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret. After years of living his life cut off from the rest of society, Kim Do Ha finds a reason to smile again when he becomes entangled with his unusual neighbor Mok Sol Hee.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama reveal that Kim Do Ha wasn’t always a reclusive loner: during his high school days, he was an ordinary, worry-free teenager. One photo captures Kim Do Ha reading aloud in class, looking just like any other high school student.

However, by the time Mok Sol Hee meets him, Kim Do Ha has transformed into a tense, isolated adult who has built up an impenetrable wall around himself. Seated at the piano, the producer has a wary look in his eyes even while hiding his face with a mask, revealing just how serious he is about concealing his identity.

The only place Kim Do Ha can relax is at home, where he is alone and free from other people’s prying eyes—but the sorrow in his expression hints that he isn’t happy with his solitary lifestyle.

Hwang-Minhyun-2.jpeg

Explaining how he wound up starring in the drama, Hwang Minhyun recalled, “I’d wanted to try acting in a modern romance, and through a great opportunity, I came across ‘My Lovely Liar.’ Because I remembered enjoying director Nam Sung Woo’s past works, I really wanted to work with him no matter what.”

“When I first read the script, I was drawn to the unique backstories of each of the main characters,” he went on. “I enjoyed seeing them worrying about the conflicts that rose from such circumstances, working together to solve them, and gradually healing in the process.”

Describing his character, Hwang Minhyun remarked, “Kim Do Ha is a character with a lot of secrets, and because he has hidden himself and lived his life cut off from the outside world for a long time, he winds up unintentionally living a double life. At times, he is mysterious, and he tries not to let people get close to him—but underneath, Do Ha has his own hidden secret.”

“After meeting Mok Sol Hee, the only person who believes him, he goes back out [into the world] and gradually starts to change,” continued Hwang Minhyun. “He’s a bit clumsy, and he’s occasionally awkward in his relationships with other people in unpredictable ways, which I think will make people laugh.”

Hwang-Minhyun-3.jpeg

“My Lovely Liar” premieres on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

• Like 1