[Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말

larus

Kim So Hyun And Hwang Minhyun Fall In Love On Their Apartment Balconies In “My Lovely Liar”

Jul 14, 2023
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has shared a new sneak peek of the romance that will blossom between Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity.  Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, the two neighbors accidentally lock eyes while standing on their apartment balconies. The bright smile Mok Sol Hee wears as she turns to face Kim Do Ha reveals just how eager she is to get to know him—and Kim Do Ha, who is usually wary of interacting with other people, seems to have let his guard down as he enthusiastically leans over his balcony railing to talk to her.

Kim-So-Hyun-Hwang-Minhyun.jpeg

Kim-So-Hyun-1.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-1.jpeg

In another set of photos, the duo gets even closer as they spend time together outside of their apartments

Notably, Kim Do Ha has shed the face mask that he constantly wears like armor to hide his identity, while Mok Sol Hee is all dressed up for their outing. At one point, the two even hold hands as Mok Sol Hee wears a beaming smile.

Spoiler

Kim-So-Hyun-2.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-2-1.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-Kim-So-Hyun-1.jpg

Describing their real-life chemistry on the filming set, Kim So Hyun enthused, “We’re really having fun while filming on set. Since we joke around with one another a lot, the atmosphere on set is really great. I think those vibes will shine through in the drama as well.”

Meanwhile, Hwang Minhyun similarly remarked, “Kim So Hyun always makes the filming set a happy place with her bright smile. She makes it easy for you to get lost in the character and scene, and she also has the ability to make the atmosphere relaxed and smooth.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600643wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-minhyun-fall-in-love-on-their-apartment-balconies-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

Spoiler

Hwang Minhyun And Yoon Ji On Are Close Like Brothers After Sharing A Secret In “My Lovely Liar”

Hwang Minhyun And Yoon Ji On Are Close Like Brothers After Sharing A Secret In “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has unveiled new stills ahead of the drama’s premiere!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released stills highlight the close relationship between Kim Do Ha and Jo Deuk Chan (Yoon Ji On). J Entertainment’s CEO Jo Deuk Chan is the person who led Kim Do Ha, who once used to be a broken man, on the path of being a composer. Jo Deuk Chan’s composure and aura convey his capabilities in discovering talented stars including genius composer Kim Do Ha and top solo artist Shaon (Lee Si Woo).

Yoon-Ji-On-1.jpeg

In the stills, Jo Deuk Chan is shown inside the home of Kim Do Ha, who appears to be the type to not allow anyone in. Kim Do Ha has lived life while cut off from the rest of the world and avoiding other people’s gazes. However, in front of Jo Deuk Chan, Kim Do Ha gets comfortable like he is Jo Deuk Chan’s younger brother. As someone who knows Kim Do Ha’s secrets, Jo Deuk Chan is the one person who stayed by Kim Do Ha’s side and provided him with reliable support. Viewers are curious to find out what secrets the two are sharing.

Hwang-Minhyun-7.jpegYoon-Ji-On-5.jpeg

Regarding his character Jo Deuk Chan, Yoon Ji On shared, “He is an emotional CEO more than a rational one. Rather than someone you think of when ordinarily thinking of a CEO, I feel as if he gives off friendly vibes of an older brother that you can playfully bicker with. Rather than appearing stiff, I tried to express comfortable posture, manner of speech, and various emotions.”

Hwang Minhyun also touched upon his chemistry with Yoon Ji On, sharing, “He helps me to act comfortably on set. In the drama, he is an older brother that Kim Do Ha trusts like family, so I also enjoyed acting with him.”

Yoon Ji On remarked, “Do Ha is like a flowering plant. He is a younger brother I want to take good care of.” He added, “My energy on set is divided into two categories. One is when I’m filming with Hwang Minhyun, and the other is when I’m not filming with him. When I’m with Hwang Minhyun, I tend to get more playful and talk more. I think our usual relationship comes out better when we act together as well.”

Spoiler

Hwang-Minhyun-Yoon-Ji-On-1.jpeg

“My Lovely Liar” premieres on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601033wpp/hwang-minhyun-and-yoon-ji-on-are-close-like-brothers-after-sharing-a-secret-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 17, 2023

tvN's highly-anticipated Monday-Tuesday drama My Lovely Liar has released stills portraying the bromance between the genius composer Kim Do Ha (Hwang Min Hyun) and J Entertainment CEO Cho Deuk Chan (Yun Ji On).

My Lovely Liar follows the story of Mok Sol Hee, a woman who can spot lies by hearing them, and a genius composer Kim Do Ha, who hides his true identity. 

The newly released photos offer a glimpse into the close relationship between Kim Do Ha and Cho Deuk Chan. Cho Deuk Chan, the CEO of J Entertainment, plays a pivotal role in guiding Kim Do Ha onto the path of becoming a renowned composer. Cho Deuk Chan's composed appearance gives an air of a talented star-maker who discovered Kim Do Ha, the genius composer, and the exceptional solo artist Sha On (Lee Si Woo).

E5773m_2f.png

The still of Cho Deuk Chan captured at Kim Do Ha's house, which no one is allowed entry into, adds further intrigue. 

Kim Do Ha, who lives a secluded life, cut off from the world's gaze, appears comfortable and relaxed in the company of Cho Deuk Chan, like a younger sibling of a caring older brother. Cho Deuk Chan, who is privy to Kim Do Ha's secret, is the only person who has been there by his side, offering unwavering support and trust. The shared secrets between the duo pique curiosity surrounding their relationship.

Bdjj1R_2f.png

Spoiler

2wddXw_2f.png

Describing the character of Cho Deuk Chan, Yoon Ji On explains that he is more of an "emotional CEO" rather than a logical one. He states, "Instead of the image that usually comes to mind when you think of a CEO, I think he gives off a friendly vibe, like an older brother or an older friend who playfully bickers. I tried to manifest a relaxed posture, speech, and various emotions, rather than trying to portray a stereotypical image".

XdZZBZ_2f.png

The bromance between Hwang Min Hyun and Yoon Ji On emerges as an exciting highlight of the drama. Hwang Min Hyun shares his experience of working alongside Yoon Ji On, stating, "He helped me feel comfortable on set so that I could act comfortably. In the drama, Kim Do Ha sees Cho Deuk Chan as a trusted older brother figure, so it was enjoyable to act together".

Yoon Ji On also adds, "Whenever I am with Hwang Min Hyun, I tend to joke around and talk more. Even when we act, our natural relationship seems to come through more easily".

My Lovely Liar is set to premiere on July 31st.

https://mydramalist.com/article/yun-ji-on-becomes-hwang-min-hyun-s-confidant-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

Truth, lies, and adorability in new My Lovely Liar teaser

by missvictrix

tvN’s My Lovely Liar is sure doing a good job drumming up interest in the drama leading to the premiere. The fantasy romance stars Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm 2) and Hwang Min-hyun (Alchemy of Souls), along with a great supporting cast. One thing that has struck me since the drama started promotions is its strong palette — the colors, tone, and saturation have been hyper consistent, and they’ve got this great mix of dark shadows and neon cheer that I’m expecting to reflect the drama’s tone in a nutshell. *Sets the bar ridiculously high*

But better than the color palette is the fact that the new teaser finally gives us a glimpse of our second leads and supporting cast! That means we’ve got — drumroll please — Seo Ji-hoon (Revenge of Others), Yoon Ji-on (Tomorrow), and Lee Si-woo (The Fabulous). Additionally, I spy the wonderful Jin Kyung (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3), Seo Jung-yeon (Bait), Seo Hyun-chul (Heartbeat), and Ahn Nae-sang (Miraculous Brothers), among others.

As for the contents of the teaser, we see our human lie detector Mok Sol-hee (Kim So-hyun) noticing that something is different about the mysterious composer and music producer Kim Do-ha (Hwang Min-hyun). They might start off as opposites, but the teaser makes quick work of showing us not only their budding romance, but the similarity in their situations — Do-ha says in voiceover that if you look carefully, you won’t find any family without some troubles.

The teaser also makes a big deal out of Do-ha’s constantly masked face — after all, he’s in recluse-mode after being suspected of murder, so it makes sense. But it’s also used as a fun metaphor for him becoming willing to be vulnerable around Sol-hee. She gently teases him at the end of the teaser that he’s finally showing her his bare face, and Do-ha replies that he wants to be seen as a good person to her. *Squee*

We don’t get much of the plot around our aforementioned second leads, but Yoon Ji-on plays the CEO of the company Do-ha is signed to, and he’s been a help to our hero (personally and professionally) while he’s been in his slump. As for Lee Si-woo, she’s a vocalist who will seemingly collaborate with Do-ha. And last but not least, Seo Ji-hoon plays a kind-hearted police detective who’s long been in love with Sol-hee. Agh, my heart.

Directed by PD Nam Sung-woo (Love in Contract, My Roommate is a Gumiho) and with scripts by Seo Jung-eun (Let Me Be Your Knight), My Lovely Liar premieres on July 31 in the Monday-Tuesday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/truth-lies-and-adorability-in-new-my-lovely-liar-teaser/

• Like 1

Watch: Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Are Attracted To Each Other Like Destiny In Upcoming Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Jul 21, 2023
by S. Kim

20230721043425_My-lovely-liar_teaser.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has dropped a new teaser!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The teaser kicks off by previewing Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha’s first encounter. While having a conversation with her friend, Mok Sol Hee says, “Something is weird. There is this person on whom my [lie-detecting] deity doesn’t appear, but I wonder if that’s because he doesn’t lie.” As a response, Sol Hee’s friend tells her, “It’s a signal from your deity to let you know that he is your destiny!”

The clip also shows Mok Sole Hee raging at her mother in public, saying, “Mom, you just hate me, don’t you? You think I’m scary, right?” Then, Kim Do Ha comforts her in a calm and reliable voice, saying, “If you look around, there is no family without any troubles.”

Watch the full teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602116wpp/watch-hwang-minhyun-and-kim-so-hyun-are-attracted-to-each-other-like-destiny-in-upcoming-drama-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

Spoiler

Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Praise Each Other’s Acting + Share What Drew Them To Their Character In “My Lovely Liar”

Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Praise Each Other’s Acting + Share What Drew Them To Their Character In “My Lovely Liar”

Elle Korea has unveiled a new stunning pictorial with “My Lovely Liar” lead stars Hwang Minhyun and Kim So Hyun!

“My Lovely Liar” is an upcoming tvN mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

In the interview that followed the photo shoot, both actors talked about their drama and characters. Describing her character, Kim So Hyun shared, “Even when it is a white lie, [Sol Hee] would have been hurt because she has to continue hearing lies from her family, friends, and lovers. But despite all that, she does not hide her special ability or hide behind her pain. She is a bold and cool person who accepted her pain in her own way.”

Regarding her co-star Hwang Minhyun on set, Kim So Hyun remarked, “I think in terms of chemistry when acting, [the other person’s] eyes are the most important thing for actors. Your interaction with the other person begins first through the eyes when you can feel that they’re watching you well and on the same wavelength as you, and I think Minhyun is an actor who has those good eyes.”

kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-3.jpeg

kim-so-hyun-1-1.jpeg

Hwang Minhyun, who portrays Do Ha, a composer who hides himself because of his past as a murder suspect, described the reason why he was attracted to his character, “I enjoyed watching director Nam Sung Woo’s past works and because it’s a composer role, my actual musical experience also helped me [preparing for the role].”

Hwang Minhyun added, “When I heard Kim So Hyun was confirmed for the drama, I really wanted to do this drama together with her.” Hwang Minhyun concluded the interview by sharing high praise for the actress, saying, “So Hyun was simply a ‘happy virus’ on set. Although she is younger than me, she guided me well because she is a big senior in acting. Above all, she’s someone who charmingly makes others comfortable around her.”

kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-1.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-2.jpeg

hwang-minhyun-4.jpeg

You can catch Hwang Minhyun and Kim So Hyun’s full pictorial and interview in the August issue of Elle Korea!

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602667wpp/hwang-minhyun-and-kim-so-hyun-praise-each-others-acting-share-what-drew-them-to-their-character-in-my-lovely-liar

Spoiler

Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Have Playful Chemistry On Set Of “My Lovely Liar”

Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Have Playful Chemistry On Set Of “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has shared behind-the-scenes look at Hwang Minhyun and Kim So Hyun!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released stills capture Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun’s easygoing chemistry on set. Unlike the cynical Mok Sol Hee, Kim So Hyun lights up the set with her refreshing smile. Similarly, Hwang Minhyun also exudes bright energy. In the photo of the two leads together, Kim So Hyun poses with a cute V sign while Hwang Minhyun smiles softly next to her, highlighting their playful atmosphere.

Kim-Sohyun-1.jpegHwang-Minhyun-1-.jpegHwang-Minhyun-Kim-So-Hyun-1.jpeg

Director Nam Sung Woo shared that he put focus on the romantic chemistry between Kim So Hyun’s and Hwang Minhyun’s characters in the drama. He elaborated, “The story in which a woman, who has been considering the ability she has to be a curse, meets a man who really needs [this ability] and save each other is very interesting. The process in which Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha, who are vastly different from each other, get to know one another is adorable, and we portrayed it so that viewers can feel the affectionate emotions as well.”

Spoiler

Kim-So-Hyun-Hwang-Minhyun-2-1.jpegKim-So-Hyun-Hwang-Minhyun-3-1.jpeg

“My Lovely Liar” premieres on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603297wpp/hwang-minhyun-and-kim-so-hyun-have-playful-chemistry-on-set-of-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

July 24 2023

Ep.1 trailer for tvN drama series “My Lovely Liar”

My_Lovely_Liar-ep01tSM1.jpg

Ep.1 trailer added for tvN drama series “My Lovely Liar” starring Kim So-Hyun & Minhyun. The trailers shows the two main characters Mok Sol-Hee (Kim So-Hyun) and Kim Do-Ha (Minhyun) meeting for the first time, with Mok Sol-Hee saving Kim Do-Ha from a troubled situation. Captions in the trailer states (0:07) “Woman who can distinguish lies,” and (0:16) “Meets a mysterious man.”

“My Lovely Liar” will first air July 31, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Mok Sol-Hee (Kim So-Hyun) has a special ability that allows her to distinguish whether people are lying or not. She hates her ability and views it as a curse. Because of her special ability, she is unable to trust anyone. Mok Sol-Hee gets involved with a murder suspect (Minhyun) who insists he is innocent, but nobody believes him.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-tvn-drama-series-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, July 28, 2023

RB0gdY_2f.jpg

Hwang Min Hyun will be a genius composer named Kim Do Ha in the upcoming tvN Monday-Tuesday drama My Lovely Liar.

This marks Hwang Min Hyun's first romantic comedy work, and viewers eagerly anticipate his stable acting skills and captivating visuals that will ignite their romance cells.

Previously, Hwang Min Hyun showcased his delicate emotional expressions and action-packed performances in the tvN drama Alchemy of Souls Season 2: Light and Shadow, which concluded in January. As an actor, he has already demonstrated a wide range of talents. In My Lovely Liar, he is expected to prove his growth and boundless potential with a new charm.

XdZ1QZ_2f.jpg

jQ0v1r_2f.jpg

Beyond his sweet chemistry with the female lead, viewers can also look forward to his "bromance chemistry" and "real best friend chemistry," which will win approval from audiences regardless of the pairing. Furthermore, as he appears as a genius composer, his versatility as a solo artist and actor is bound to elevate viewers' immersion in the drama.

During a recent production presentation, Hwang Min Hyun expressed, "Director Nam Sung Woo is a master of romantic comedy, and senior actor Kim So Hyun, who plays the opposite role, has a lot of experience, so I received a lot of help. You can look forward to feeling excited."

Since his debut in the 2020 JTBC drama Live On, Hwang Min Hyun has been actively pursuing his career as an actor, building his filmography in various genres such as school dramas and fantasy historical dramas while developing his own unique characters. As he takes on the lead role in his first romantic comedy, fans are even more excited to see him shine.

The tvN drama My Lovely Liar will start airing on July 31st at 8:50 PM KST, with subsequent episodes airing every Monday and Tuesday.

• Like 1

20230731090027_kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyunKim So Hyun, Hwang Minhyun, And More Share Reasons To Tune In To Tonight’s Premiere Of “My Lovely Liar”

Jul 31, 2023
by M. Lim

The stars of “My Lovely Liar” have teased what viewers can look forward to ahead of tonight’s premiere!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Regarding the plot of the relationship between a woman who has been considering the ability she has to be a curse and a man who desperately needs someone with such ability as they become each other’s savior, writer Seo Jong Eun remarked, “I wanted to share the message of love in the form of understanding and trusting [one’s partner’s] heart even when they don’t put it on display.” Director Nam Sung Woo added that he was attracted to direct the drama because it’s a fantasy genre but deals with realistic issues.

From awkward neighbors to each other’s only salvation, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha’s romantic chemistry is the main reason viewers should look forward to the drama. Mok Sol Hee, whose ability to detect lies become useless in front of Kim Do Ha, and Kim Do Ha, who gets back the smile he lost upon meeting Mok Sol Hee, will deliver a zero-lies romance that is bound to give viewers butterflies.

Kim So Hyun commented, “I hope you look forward to the unpredictable and adorable story of Sol Hee and Do Ha.” Hwang Minhyun added, “Please look forward to the adventures that will happen when Mok Sol Hee meets Kim Do Ha, a type of person she has never met before in her life.”

kim-so-hyun-5.jpeg

hwang-minhyun-5.jpeg

Adding fun and (at times) tension to Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha’s relationship are actors Yoon Ji On, Seo Ji Hoon, and Lee Si Woo. Yoon Ji On will star as J Entertainment’s CEO Jo Deuk Chan, someone who will show a lot of bromance moments with Kim Do Ha as the one who knows Kim Do Ha’s secrets and is like Kim Do Ha’s real older brother. Seo Ji Hoon will add tension by playing Mok Sol Hee’s first love and the one who digs into Kim Do Ha’s past cases, detective Lee Kang Min. Lee Si Woo will star as top solo artist Shaon who has a one-sided crush on Kim Do Ha.

Yoon Ji On commented, “You can experience indirectly through this drama what it feels like to have the ability to distinguish lies. Also, if you pay attention to the stories of the J Entertainment family, you will be able to enjoy the drama more.” Seo Ji Hoon added, “Great actors and staff worked hard on this drama. Please look forward to it and show it lots of love.” Finally, Lee Si Woo remarked, “The actors’ chemistry is so awesome. You will be able to feel it through the drama. Please also pay attention to the unexpected charm of Do Ha’s big fan and a born to be celebrity Shaon.”

Spoiler

yoon-ji-on.jpeg

seo-ji-hoon.jpeg

lee-si-woo.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604129wpp/kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-and-more-share-reasons-to-tune-in-to-tonights-premiere-of-my-lovely-liar

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604129wpp/kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-and-more-share-reasons-to-tune-in-to-tonights-premiere-of-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2