[Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말

larus

Spoiler

Watch: Kim So Hyun, Hwang Minhyun, And More Test Chemistry At Script Reading For New Mystery Romance Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Watch: Kim So Hyun, Hwang Minhyun, And More Test Chemistry At Script Reading For New Mystery Romance Drama “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “My Lovely Liar” has dropped a look at the first script reading along with photos capturing the actors’ professionalism!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius producer who is hiding his identity.

At the script reading, actors Kim So Hyun, Hwang Minhyun, Yoon Ji On, Seo Ji Hoon, Lee Si Woo, Ha Jong Woo, Park Kyung Hye, Song Jin Woo, and Jo Jin Se as well as director Nam Seong Woo and writer Seo Jung Eun gathered together and showcased great chemistry.

Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to hear lies has made her lose faith in other people. Hwang Minhyun plays the successful music producer Kim Do Ha, who is hiding himself from the world due to a certain circumstance. However, after moving in next door to Mok Sol Hee, he gradually gains his smile back.

my-lovely-liar-collage-1.jpeg

Yoon Ji On plays Jo Deuk Chan, the head of J Entertainment and the only person who knows Do Ha’s secret. He treats Do Ha like his own brother and is the one who led him to songwriting. Seo Ji Hoon transforms into police detective Lee Kang Min, Sol Hee’s first love who reunites with her after three years. Lee Si Woo plays top solo artist Sha On who thinks of herself as Do Ha’s soulmate.

my-lovely-liar-collage-2.jpeg

On top of this, Ha Jong Woo, who portrays Mok Sol Hee’s bodyguard Baek Chi Hoon, Park Kyung Hye, who plays superstitious tarot magician Cassandra, Song Jin Woo, who transforms into J Entertainment songwriter Park Moo Jin who considers Do Ha as his rival, and Jo Jin Se, who plays Yeonseo Bakery’s CEO So Bo Ro, filled the script reading site with laughter with their performances as scene stealers in the drama.

Spoiler

my-lovely-liar-collage-3.jpeg

my-lovely-liar-1.jpeg

Catch a video of the script reading session below!

“My Lovely Liar” is set to premiere in July. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1589527wpp/watch-kim-so-hyun-hwang-minhyun-and-more-test-chemistry-at-script-reading-for-new-mystery-romance-drama-my-lovely-liar

• Blob 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말 - Kim So Hyun,Hwang Min Hyun- Premieres in July

by Lily Alice, May 31, 2023
2 2

On May 31, tvN unveiled still cuts of Kim So Hyun and Hwang Min Hyun from the upcoming rom-com My Lovely Liar.

The new mystery rom-com (directed by Nam Sung Woo and written by Seo Jeong Eun) tells the story of Mok Sol Hee, a woman who can detect lies, and a genius composer Kim Do Ha, who hides his true identity. 

Kim So Hyun takes on the role of the human lie detector Mok Sol Hee. Growing up surrounded by all kinds of lies, she becomes cynical about everything and everyone.  

Hwang Min Hyun plays the role of Kim Do Ha, a star composer with an unspoken secret. Despite his extraordinary talent and fame in music, he has been living as an anonymous composer. He would have continued as usual with his life had he not met his peculiar neighbor Mok Sol Hee, who helps him regain his old cheerful self he once lost. 

On the other hand, due to her ability to sense lies, Mok Sol Hee finds it difficult to trust others, which makes the suspicious Kim Do Ha a subject of interest to her. 

The curiosity in Mok Sol Hee's eyes as she observes her neighbor is evident. Likewise, mystery surrounds Kim Do Ha, who leads a reclusive life with an unknown secret. 

60Qq7K_2f.jpg

2wQKJE_2f.png

As Mok Sol Hee's captivating story unfolds, and Kim Do Ha gradually lets his guard down, the evolving dynamics between them pique curiosity about their relationship. 

RBYKpz_2f.png

The production team commented, "Kim So Hyun and Hwang Min Hyun's chemistry is beyond expectations. You can look forward to the synergy between the two actors who will bring to you the story of the strange woman Mok Sol Hee and the suspicious man Kim Do Ha, who go from being neighbors to becoming each other's only salvation".

My Lovely Liar is set to premiere on July 24.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-grows-suspicious-of-hwang-min-hyun-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말 - Kim So Hyun,Hwang Min Hyun- Premieres on July 24

Kim So Hyun Is Intrigued By Her Mysterious Neighbor Hwang Minhyun In New Drama “My Lovely Liar”

May 31, 2023
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has shared a sneak peek of the chemistry between its two leads!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people. However, the cynical Mok Sol Hee becomes intrigued by her suspicious next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who does not lie to her.

Hwang Minhyun will play Mok Sol Hee’s reclusive neighbor Kim Do Ha, who is the most successful music producer in Korea but must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret. After years of living his life cut off from the rest of society, Kim Do Ha finds a reason to smile again when he becomes entangled with his strange neighbor Mok Sol Hee.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama offer a glimpse of the spark between these unusual neighbors. Mok Sol Hee’s eyes are full of curiosity as she looks at Kim Do Ha with fascination, while he is visibly intrigued by what she has to say.

Kim-So-Hyun.jpg

Hwang-Minhyun.jpg

Meanwhile, another photo shows the duo looking completely comfortable with one another, hinting at a change in their dynamic as they grow closer.

Hwang-Minhyun-Kim-So-Hyun-2.jpg

The producers of “My Lovely Liar” remarked, “Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun’s chemistry exceeded our expectations. You can safely look forward to the chemistry between the two actors, who will perfectly portray the story of the strange woman Mok Sol Hee and the suspicious man Kim Do Ha as they go from awkward neighbors to one another’s only salvation.”

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 24.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1591018wpp/kim-so-hyun-is-intrigued-by-her-mysterious-neighbor-hwang-minhyun-in-new-drama-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

by lo_ve, June 7, 2023
5 1

tvN released the character poster of Kim So Hyun for the upcoming K-drama My Lovely Liar.

On June 7, tvN released the first character poster featuring Kim So Hyun. Through the poster, it was also confirmed that My Lovely Liar will premiere on July 24. It will replace Delightfully Deceitful led by Chun Woo Hee, Kim Dong Wook, and Yoon Park after it concludes. 

My Lovely Liar will tell the romance story between Mok Sol Hee who cannot trust people easily because of her ability to hear lies and Kim Do Ha, a genius composer who also became a murder suspect that no one believes in. 

The upcoming K-drama will be led by Kim So Hyun, NU'EST Hwang Min Hyun, Seo Ji Hoon, Yun Ji On, Lee Si Woo, and Seo Hyun Chul

It will be directed by Nam Sung Woo, the same director who helmed the K-dramas Kkondae Intern, 100 Days My Prince, and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

My Lovely Liar will premiere on July 24 at 8:50 PM KST. It will be available on tvN and TVING. It will be part of the Monday and Tuesday K-drama timeslot of tvN. The series will have a total of 16 episodes.

QJ2DbW_2f.jpg

Kim So Hyun will play the role of Mok Sol Hee. She doesn't trust people because she grew up hearing all kinds of lies in the world. She will get involved with Kim So Ha, a suspicious man who lives next door. This will be the comeback of Kim So Hyun in K-dramas after two years. The actress is also set to lead the upcoming series Is It Fate?

Hwang Min Hyun will play the role of Kim Do Ha. He is a famous composer with a mysterious secret. He lives as a genius composer that does not show his face. This will be the second time that Hwang Min Hyun will lead a romance K-drama. He last appeared in the hit tvN K-drama Alchemy of Souls.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-liar-confirmed-to-premiere-after-delightfully-deceitful-ends

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun Is A Human Lie Detector In New Romance Drama With Hwang Minhyun

Kim So Hyun Is A Human Lie Detector In New Romance Drama With Hwang Minhyun

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has unveiled a poster of leading lady Kim So Hyun!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

In the newly released poster, Mok Sol Hee offers her services as a professional “liar hunter” who detects lies for her clients. As a one-of-a-kind human lie detector, Mok Sol Hee confidently holds up a business card that promises, “I’ll tell you if it’s a lie.”

Meanwhile, the poster’s caption asks, “So… what kind of truth is it that you want to know?”

Kim-So-Hyun.jpeg

The producers of “My Lovely Liar” teased, “Although she appears completely cynical and aloof, Mok Sol Hee is more sincere than anyone when it comes to distinguishing between truth and lies, and she will deliver a new kind of catharsis and fun.”

“What kind of methods will ‘liar hunter’ Mok Sol Hee use to uncover the truth?” they continued. “Please look forward to Kim So Hyun’s new and refreshing transformation.”

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 24 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592426wpp/kim-so-hyun-is-a-human-lie-detector-in-new-romance-drama-with-hwang-minhyun

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, June 12, 2023
6 1

The upcoming tvN rom-com My Lovely Liar, released its first teaser, providing a glimpse into the captivating story of Mok Sol Hee (Kim So Hyun), a woman with the extraordinary ability to sense lies. 

Having grown up seeing the world as a place of deceit, she has developed a cynical attitude toward everyone. However, her life takes a turn when she encounters Kim Do Ha (Hwang Min Hyun), her intriguing next-door neighbor. 

Do Ha is a star composer whose identity is shrouded in mystery. Despite his exceptional musical talent, he has chosen to live as an anonymous composer. However, upon crossing paths with the peculiar Mok Sol Hee, he begins to regain his cheerful old self.

In the first teaser video, Mok Sol Hee's extraordinary ability to sense lies is showcased as she goes around detecting lies. She runs anywhere a client her client wants her to be, to help them unveil the truth and the lies. 

And upon receiving her compensation for her work, a bright smile adorns her face. 

When questioned skeptically about her ability to discern between truth and deception, she nonchalantly responds, "If I say so, then it's true". The subsequent phrase on the screen, "So, what truth do you wish to know?" piques curiosity about the adventures Mok Sol Hee will the viewers on. 

Toward the end, the teaser gives a glimpse of Kim Do Ha covered from head to toe in black looking at Mok Sol Hee, who views him with interest. 

My Lovely Liar is set to premiere on July 24. Watch the latest teaser here

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-becomes-a-human-lie-detector-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

tvN piques interest in the rest of their 2023 drama lineup

by missvictrix

Taking a page out of the book of ye olde Netflix, tvN has recently released a nice sizzle reel of sorts to get us pumped for the rest of their drama lineup. And yeah, it totally worked because the only thing I like more than a fun list of upcoming dramas is a fun and organized list of upcoming dramas.

So, here are the highlights, followed by the video and all its sneak peeks.

July 2023
My Lovely Liar
Possibly my most anticipated drama on the list, My Lovely Liar has a super ~cool~ cast of Kim So-hyun, Hwang Min-hyun, Seo Ji-hoon, Yoon Ji-on, and more. Telling the story of a heroine who’s a human lie detector and the traumatized hero she comes in contact with — in addition to a lot of other fun tropey elements — this premise gets my K-drama antennae all excited. Promos have only just begun, but you can check out the first poster here for a quick vibe check.

The drama airs starting July 24 in tvN’s Monday-Tuesday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/tvn-piques-interest-in-the-rest-of-their-2023-drama-lineup/

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun Catches Hwang Minhyun In A Lie In New Romance Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Kim So Hyun Catches Hwang Minhyun In A Lie In New Romance Drama “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has released an adorable poster of its two leads!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

In the newly released poster for the upcoming drama, human lie detector Mok Sol Hee plays a thrilling “liar’s game” with Kim Do Ha, a man who must hide the truth. As the two neighbors sit by side, Kim Do Ha attempts to conceal the truth by picking up a “Lie” card—but Mok Sol Hee gently grabs his wrist to stop him, as if letting him know it’s no use trying to lie to her.

In the caption, a puzzled Kim Do Ha asks, “Do you… know me?!” Professional “liar hunter” Mok Sol Hee confidently responds, “I know everything!”

Kim-So-Hyun-Hwang-Minhyun.jpeg

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 24 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Check out the first teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593677wpp/kim-so-hyun-catches-hwang-minhyun-in-a-lie-in-new-romance-drama-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

Hwang Minhyun Is A Reclusive Genius Hiding A Secret In New Drama “My Lovely Liar”

Hwang Minhyun Is A Reclusive Genius Hiding A Secret In New Drama “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Lovely Liar” has unveiled a new poster of lead Hwang Minhyun!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people—and who becomes intrigued by her suspicious next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha.

Hwang Minhyun will play Mok Sol Hee’s mysterious neighbor Kim Do Ha, who is the most successful music producer in Korea but must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret. After years of living his life cut off from the rest of society, Kim Do Ha finds a reason to smile again when he becomes entangled with his unusual neighbor Mok Sol Hee.

In the newly released poster, Kim Do Ha rests his head on a table and gazes into the camera with a melancholy expression, suggesting that he may be hiding a profound sadness beneath his unreadably aloof exterior.

Just as Kim Do Ha piques Mok Sol Hee’s curiosity, his poster’s caption teases viewers by reading, “You don’t know… my truth.”

Hwang-Minhyun.jpeg

The producers of “My Lovely Liar” commented, “Hwang Minhyun maximized Kim Do Ha’s charms by adding his own unique color to the character. At times, he is sad; at others, he is eccentric and unpredictable. He will keep viewers on the edge of their seats and also get their hearts racing by delivering mystery and unexpected plot twists. Please look forward to it”

“My Lovely Liar” will premiere on July 31 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1595326wpp/hwang-minhyun-is-a-reclusive-genius-hiding-a-secret-in-new-drama-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

June 21 2023

Teaser trailer for tvN drama series “My Lovely Liar”

My_Lovely_Liar-SM1.jpg

First teaser trailer for tvN drama series “My Lovely Liar” starring Kim So-Hyun and Minhyun. The teaser trailer begins with Kim So-Hyun as Mok Sol-Hee asks “Who is the person who requested for me?,” an anonymous voice then asks “Liar hunter?,” and Kim So-Hyun replies “I can distinguish whether people are lying or not.” The character of Mok Sol-Hee has a special ability to discern whether people are lying. Meanwhile, above are character posters of Kim So-Hyun and Minhyun as Kim Do-Ha. Caption on Minhyun’s character poster states “You don’t know my truth. Genius composer who has a secret that I can’t tell anyone.”

“My Lovely Liar” first airs July 31, 2023 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Monday and Tuesday 10:50 PM time slot after “Delightfully Deceitful“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Mok Sol-Hee (Kim So-Hyun) has a special ability that allows her to distinguish whether people are lying or not. She hates her ability and views it as a curse. Because of her special ability, she is unable to trust anyone. Mok Sol-Hee gets involved with a murder suspect (Minhyun) who insists he is innocent, but nobody believes him.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-series-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말 - Kim So Hyun,Hwang Min Hyun- Premieres on July 31
by Hazel Jung, June 22, 2023
2 1

E5vQx0_2f.jpg

Studio F, announced on the 22nd that Ha Jong Woo would take on the role of Baek Chi Hoon, the bodyguard of the liar hunter Mok Sol Hee (played by Kim So Hyun).

My Lovely Liar tells the story of Mok Sol Hee, a liar hunter who can hear lies and finds it hard to trust people, and Kim Do Ha (played by Hwang Min Hyun), a genius composer with a hidden identity. The drama unfolds as they meet and embark on a romance of uncovering the truth.

d0OW2K_2f.jpg

Ha Jong Woo's character, Baek Chi Hoon, is a bodyguard Mok Sol Hee trusts more than anyone else, despite her inability to trust people. He is a "pro" bodyguard who faithfully and reliably carries out his duties but also possesses intriguing and quirky qualities outside his professional field. He has a refreshing smile that brightens up the mood, and his innocent charm extends even to his brain, making him genuinely enthusiastic about Syaon's (played by Lee Si Woo) "fandom" (passionate pursuit of a particular field). Ha Jong Woo will maximize the appeal of Baek Chi Hoon's unexpected charm, infusing energy and excitement into the character. Anticipation is particularly high for the chemistry between Ha Jong Woo and Kim So Hyun, who plays Mok Sol Hee.

Ha Jong Woo expressed his gratitude, saying, "I feel like I'm in a dream to be part of My Lovely Liar and to be able to work with great senior actors. I will do my best to not let anyone down in the production." He added, "I hope you look forward to how I will portray the character of Baek Chi Hoon."

https://mydramalist.com/article/ha-jong-woo-joins-my-lovely-liar-as-kim-so-hyun-s-bodyguard

• Like 2