[Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말

larus

Premiere Watch: My Lovely Liar

by missvictrix

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Romance, comedy, fantasy, mystery
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Finally! It feels like we’ve been waiting for this cuteness to drop for ages now — Kim So-hyun always gets a lot of buzz up (and rightly so), but the premise and promo materials have been strong from the start. Kim So-hyun plays our heroine who can detect peoples’ lies, and it leaves her jaded; Hwang Min-hyun, on the other hand, is a reclusive music producer suspected of murder (but he’ll always be a Daeho mage in my brain). The drama looks cute, fun, and just edgy enough to keep things fresh — and our PD knows a thing or two about how to make a fun drama, with Love in Contract and My Roommate is a Gumiho on his resume. Also starring in secondary roles are Lee Si-woo, Seo Ji-hoon — out to kill us all with second lead syndrome yet again — and Yoon Ji-on, who more than deserves his big break.

TL;DR: Kim So-hyun can detect peoples’ lies and Minhyun’s got 99 problems

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/premiere-watch-my-lovely-liar/

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1 :).

“Not Others” Sets Another New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings As “My Lovely Liar” Joins Race

“Not Others” Sets Another New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings As “My Lovely Liar” Joins Race

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has just premiered!

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 31 premiere of “My Lovely Liar” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.6 percent.

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604333wpp/not-others-sets-another-new-personal-best-in-viewership-ratings-as-my-lovely-liar-joins-race

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 1, 2023
1 0

The tvN drama My Lovely Liar premiered with ratings of 2.58% (nationwide) and 2.20% (metropolitan) on July 31st. The series is led by Kim So HyunHwang Min HyunSeo Ji Hoon, and Lee Si WooMy Lovely Liar follows the story of Mok Sol Hee (Kim So Hyun), a woman who can hear lies, and a genius composer Kim Do Ha (Hwang Min Hyun), who hides his true identity. 

pd7NyE_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Lovely Liar?

Episode 2 of My Lovely Liar will air on August 1st (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-min-hyun-s-my-lovely-liar-premieres-with-decent-ratings

• Like 2

Kim So Hyun Receives Request To Uncover Hwang Minhyun’s Secret In “My Lovely Liar”

Aug 1, 2023
by M. Lim

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has dropped intriguing new stills ahead of its second episode!

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun will star as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun will play her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Spoilers

The previous episode of “My Lovely Liar” showed the intense first meeting and reunion of liar hunter Mok Sol Hee and music producer Kim Do Ha. Five years ago, Mok Sol Hee helped Kim Do Ha who was in trouble. After a long time passed, Mok Sol Hee’s words that she said before she left, “If I say so, it is so,” became the key to saving Kim Do Ha once again. In a situation where nobody believed or helped him, Kim Do Ha suddenly remembered Mok Sol Hee again, someone who was like a savior to him.

The newly released stills depict an unexpected encounter between the two. Upon receiving a request from a new client, Mok Sol Hee goes to a place and discovers that Kim Do Ha and Park Moo Jin (Song Jin Woo), a self-proclaimed “Kim Do Ha’s rival” and composer who has been persistently trying to figure out Kim Do Ha’s identity, are behind the door. What is it that Park Moo Jin wants to know about Kim Do Ha and what truth will Mok Sol Hee hear?

kim-so-hyun-9.jpeg

Due to his inferiority complex toward Kim Do Ha, Park Moo Jin isn’t only using all his might to try to take off Kim Do Ha’s sunglasses, but he also continues to accuse Kim Do Ha of plagiarism. Amidst his current scandal with top star Shaon (Lee Si Woo), which is the talk of the town right now, Kim Do Ha decides to take the risk and face Park Moo Jin directly. Viewers are eager to find out what prompts that decision and if Mok Sol Hee will discover that her suspicious neighbor next door is actually the man whom she saved five years ago, Kim Do Ha.

song-jin-woo.jpeg

hwang-minhyun-9.jpeg

The production team remarked, “In the second episode, Mok Sol Hee starts to feel concerned about Kim Do Ha, the suspicious man next door who doesn’t lie, while Kim Do Ha starts to pay attention to Mok Sol Hee, the woman who saw his face five years ago. The heart-fluttering transformation of the two’s relationship will be depicted in various ways. Please watch with interest to find out if Mok Sol Hee, who starts her investigation after receiving a request to reveal Kim Do Ha’s identity, will find out his secret.”

The next episode of “My Lovely Liar” will air on August 1 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604438wpp/kim-so-hyun-receives-request-to-uncover-hwang-minhyuns-secret-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] My Lovely Liar/Useless Lies, 소용없어 거짓말 - Kim So Hyun,Hwang Min Hyun-Mon&Tue

Here are the ratings for Episode 2 :)

.“Not Others” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” Follows Close Behind

“Not Others” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” Follows Close Behind

The second episode of tvN’s new drama “My Lovely Liar” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.0 percent, also enjoying a boost from its premiere episode’s rating of 2.6 percent.

“My Lovely Liar” is a new mystery romance drama about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604655wpp/not-others-continues-perfect-streak-of-setting-new-personal-best-in-ratings-my-lovely-liar-follows-close-behind

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 2, 2023
1 0

After premiering with an average nationwide rating of 2.58%, the tvN drama My Lovely Liar rose to a viewership of 3.008% for its second episode. The average rating of the drama for its premiere week is 2.79%. My Lovely Liar tells the story of Mok Sol Hee (Kim So Hyun), a woman who can hear lies, and a genius composer Kim Do Ha (Hwang Min Hyun), who hides his true identity. 

1w4Jq6_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Lovely Liar?

Episode 3 of My Lovely Liar will air on August 7th (Monday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-liar-other-k-dramas-rise-in-ratings

• Like 2

My Lovely Liar: Episodes 1-2

by mistyisles

It’s here! It’s fun, it’s mysterious, it’s oh so pretty — My Lovely Liar is off to a strong start with instantly likeable characters and an intriguing story about a human lie detector and a man harboring a dark secret. Deftly balancing humor and heart, these first couple of hours just seem to fly by.

EPISODES 1-2

When we first meet our heroine, MOK SOL-HEE (Kim So-hyun), she’s in the early days of her career as the “Liar Hunter”: a human lie detector for hire. As such, she sniffs out the traitor among a gang boss’s henchmen — and it’s not one of the guys he’s got dangling over the side of an abandoned building. Sol-hee convinces the boss to at least spare the traitor’s life, so naturally said traitor comes after her for revenge.

Sol-hee flees and hops on the next bus to Seoul, which is inconveniently delayed by a disruption involving another passenger who’s accused of cheating on his ex-girlfriend who has gone missing. He insists he didn’t, and Sol-hee stands up for him — she knows he’s telling the truth, and anyway she needs the bus to move now so she can escape.

Then we jump ahead five years to the present day. Sol-hee has expanded her practice and her wealth. She now runs a “Tarot Café” with a couple of employees. It’s the same kind of lie-hunting work, but involves an even bigger paycheck and often a bit of acting. Like posing as a wealthy woman’s cousin to ascertain whether her young lover is honest or a gold digger (he’s cheating with the maid, and it’s a fabulously entertaining cameo by Kim Sun-young and Lee Tae-sun that also demonstrates how people can confuse Sol-hee’s powers by lying through omission).

Officially, Sol-hee claims she got her powers via a shamanistic ritual. In actuality, her mother prayed to every deity she could think of while pregnant, and presumably at least one of them answered. But whatever the source, hearing someone lie sets off literal alarm bells in Sol-hee’s eardrums. Small wonder she avoids having much of a social life.

As for the guy from the bus, he’s now known as award-winning composer KIM DO-HA (Hwang Min-hyun), but his name and music are pretty much all people know about him. He never leaves the house without a mask, never makes public appearances, and only communicates with a select few individuals. As a result, there are wild speculations about a double life (and now I’m going to need a show with Min-hyun as an actual secret agent, please and thank you).

• Like 2

Kim So Hyun And Hwang Minhyun Are Even Cuter Behind The Scenes Of “My Lovely Liar”

Aug 6, 2
by E. Cha

tvN’s new drama “My Lovely Liar” has shared a new glimpse behind the scenes of filming!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity.  Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

In newly released behind-the-scenes photos from the filming set, the two stars alternate between playful charm and laser focus. When the cameras aren’t rolling, Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun are all smiles as they joke around with one another—but when they need to get into the character, both actors are the epitome of professionalism as they disappear into their roles.

Kim-So-Hyun-3.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-So-Hyun-2-1.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-2-1.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-2-1.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-3.jpeg

Kim-So-Hyun-4.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-4.jpeg

Kim-So-Hyun-5.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-5.jpeg

Kim-So-Hyun-6.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-6.jpeg

Kim-So-Hyun-7.jpeg

Hwang-Minhyun-7.jpeg

The production team behind “My Lovely Liar” teased, “In Episode 3, Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha will get one step closer due to an unexpected incident. Please look forward to a butterflies-inducing change in their relationship as Mok Sol Hee begins to race full speed ahead in her romantic pursuit.”

The next episode of “My Lovely Liar” will air on August 7 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605458wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-minhyun-are-even-cuter-behind-the-scenes-of-my-lovely-liar

• Like 2

Watch: Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Get Playful And Creative While Filming “My Lovely Liar”

Aug 6, 2023
by S. Nam

20230806114604_Hwang-Minhyun-Kim-So-Hyun

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

The newly released behind-the-scenes video begins with Kim So Hyun and Hwang Minhyun discussing the details of their romantic bus scenes. Hwang Minhyun catches Kim So Hyun’s head from dropping as she pretends to doze off, but Kim So Hyun asks, “And the bus will keep running [with our position] like this?” Hwang Minhyun also wonders, “How do I make supporting the head look cool?” The two get playful as they hilariously experiment with different angles.

In a different scene, Kim So Hyun gets creative with her ideas on how to portray her lines in the scene her character gets excited to see all the gold. In another scene, Hwang Minhyun shares, “In order to immerse more into Do Ha, I changed the soccer team I like to Liverpool.”

Finally, the making-of video ends with Hwang Minhyun filming with a variety of instruments, appearing dexterous with them all despite not knowing much about how to play them.

You Tube video

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605526wpp/watch-hwang-minhyun-and-kim-so-hyun-get-playful-and-creative-while-filming-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1

Spoiler

Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Gradually Let Their Guard Down Around Each Other In “My Lovely Liar”

Hwang Minhyun And Kim So Hyun Gradually Let Their Guard Down Around Each Other In “My Lovely Liar”

tvN’s “My Lovely Liar” has previewed the upcoming episode!

“My Lovely Liar” is a mystery romance about a woman who can hear lies and a genius music producer who is hiding his identity. Kim So Hyun stars as Mok Sol Hee, whose supernatural ability to detect lies has made her lose faith in other people, while Hwang Minhyun plays her reclusive next-door neighbor Kim Do Ha, who must hide his face from the world due to an unspeakable secret.

Spoilers

The previous episode depicted Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha reuniting as suspicious and weird neighbors. Mok Sol Hee, who mistakenly thought her neighbor Kim Do Ha was being chased by debt collectors, realized that his real identity is composer Kim Do Ha after receiving a request from Park Moo Jin (Song Jin Woo).

The newly released stills raise anticipation for the changes in the relationship between Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha. As Mok Sol Hee drinks alone at a bar getting tipsy, an uninvited guest arrives and sits down next to her.

kim-wo-hyun-1.jpeg

The unwelcome guest is her client’s ex-fiancé whose engagement was broken off after his lie was caught by “liar hunter” Mok Sol Hee. Although tensions rise with his unexpected appearance, Kim Do Ha suddenly arrives to help with the situation. Kim Do Ha wears a sharp gaze as he blocks the man on his way to approach Mok Sol Hee, and he even appears to have forgotten his mask while coming over to help Mok Sol Hee.

my-lovely-liar-2.jpeghwang-minhyun-1-1.jpeg

More stills depict the changed atmosphere between Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha at a restaurant. Mok Sol Hee gazes at Kim Do Ha warmly, hinting at how the two have grown closer. Furthermore, although Kim Do Ha could not eat outside in the past, he has already taken off his mask and is heartily digging into his meal, raising questions about their relationship.

Spoiler

hwang-minhyun-kim-so-hyun-.jpegKim-So-Hyun-2-.jpeghwang-minhyun-3-1.jpeg

The production team shared, “Mok Sol Hee and Kim Do Ha grow closer after sharing each other’s secrets,” asking viewers to anticipate the heart-fluttering change.

The next episode of “My Lovely Liar” will air on August 7 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605640wpp/hwang-minhyun-and-kim-so-hyun-gradually-let-their-guard-down-around-each-other-in-my-lovely-liar

• Like 1