[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

reposting from the Chae Rim thread, credits to CindyW888:

[sportsSeoul] Oh Dal Jas Spring each episode with movie subject

pho_200701080907400203000002030100-001.jpg

Since the first broadcasting of the drama “Oh Dal Jas Spring”, each episode contains parody (패러디) of famous movies of the past.

In the drama, Chae Rim plays a spinster working as an MD of a home shopping show. From each episode, fans have captured and associated some of Dal Jas imaginations with parodies of past movies.

In the first episode, parody of the movie “Kill Bill (킬 빌)” appears. Sun Joo (played by Lee Hye Young), the love rival inside Dal Jas mind, and Dal Ja fight all over scenes. Chae Rim wears a yellow training suit resembling the one wore by Uma Thurman (우마 서먼) in the movie “Kill Bill” while she confronts with LHYs role.

In the second episode, when Dal Ja faces her contract lover Tae Bong, her imagination resembles the scene of a dark hallway where Tony Leung (량차오웨이, 朝偉) and Maggie Cheung (장완위, 張曼玉) kiss in the movie “In the Mood for Love (화양연화, 花樣年華).

In the third episode, scenes of imagination portraying that Tae Bong receives 3 million Won from Dal Ja resembles scenes in the movie “친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy for Lady Vengeance)”. The PD Lee Jae Sang (이재상) states, “We plan to put in a parody of a movie in each episode. Parody is such an entertaining device to express Dal Jas feelings and emotions.”

Reporter: Jang Sang Yong

Source: http://isplus.joins.com/enter/tv/200701/08...0002030101.html

and yay! Thanks to the subbing team!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest happyever

Thank you so much for the english subs~~~ :rolleyes: looking forward to that*^^*

really feel frustrated while waiting for the chinese subs~~~

Guest ovette

whaha i love the parodies! i did notice they were DalJa was imitating Uma Thurman in KillBill especially with the yellow suit.. i didnt know about the parody with the "kiss" scene :) im really looking forward to epi03! 2 more days to go!! :)

Episode 2

Cute~!

daljae02kor070104hdtvxvza7.jpg

Source: DC KBS Drama Gallery

Oooohh, they're sooooo cute in this get-up, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this scene when they stealthily peep at their pursuers :lol::lol:

Thank you very much to the english subbing team. Looking forward to the subbed episodes :P Oh, I love this drama very much :wub:

Thanks KiKi08 for the translated piece of dialogue after the imaginative kiss. Yup, agree with you, this part's quite interesting :w00t: love it too besides the kiss :lol:

Thanks shanmei for the OP pics....CR's so chic :)

Guest deepblue

the pic's cute! they look so matched together :D

CR's face is like a pure little baby~

can't wait for the subs to come out.. subbing team fighting!

Guest badhairday

English Subtitles for Oh Dal Ja's Ep.1 is in progress.

Timing : 50% finished (will be finished today)

Translation : waiting for kiki08's Translation

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! Everybody will appreciate all your hard work!

Guest ripgal

English Subtitles for Oh Dal Ja's Ep.1 is in progress.

Timing : 50% finished (will be finished today)

Translation : waiting for kiki08's Translation

thank you so much for your effort.. and also kiki08's. i've checked some of the chinese subbing CBs and there are none yet. i think they're not subbing it.. but thanx to you we get to see it in English. ^^

a related clip on Dal Ja's Spring, from YTNStar:

새 드라마 속 주목되는 신예들

200701081413268383sv6.jpg

http://vod2.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/...413268383_s.wmv

translation of the portion on Dal Ja's Spring:

Q-Let's start off by talking about the new drama 'Dal Jah's Spring' that aired on the 3rd. This drama gain attention after hearing that ChaeRim was taking the main female role. It is said that Lee MinKi plays the opposite of Chaerim.

A-Lee Minki plays the main male role named Kang TaeBong. He works at a dating company. TaeBong gets to know ChaeRim by acting as her fake boyfriend. There will be a love triangle between Dal Jah, TaeBong, and Um KiJoong (Lee Hyun Woo).

DalJah is a 33 year old woman who works at a home shopping company. She is single and does not have very good dating experience. It has become a very big trend these days for older woman to date younger men. There is going to be a lot of fun dating stories in this drama as other cast members appear such as Lee Hyun Woo, Gong Hyung Jin, and Lee Hae Young.

Q- Please tell us about Lee MinKi's character in this drama.

A-Yes. Lee MinKi past projects were 'Be Strong Geum-Soon', 'Rainbow Romance', and 'I Really Really Like You'. He has been casted as the main male lead in 'DalJah's Spring'.

The character Kang TaeBong is a bit more charming compare to his past character roles. While TaeBong can be manly and tough, he can also seem cute when he's quarreling with DalJah. This is more of a romantic mellow drama. In order for DalJah's character to live a good life, Kang TaeBong has to help and play along with her. It can seem as if Lee MinKi is carrying a lot of weight on his shoulder to make a good appearance for this drama.

Q-I heard that Lee Jae Sang PD made a comment/compliment that Lee MinKi has the mask (face structure) to act in a mellow drama.

A-Lee MinKi's face is more on the unique side rather than the pretty/hansome side. However, if you seen his past drama 'I Really Really Like You', you will be able to see that Lee MinKi can pull off pretty well in acting a mellow part. In that drama, he had a one sided love for Eugene and was not able to express his feelings for her very well. He was a pure man.

Although Lee MinKi have not done many projects, he is a very talented and young new actor who has great potential in acting. LeeJaeSang PD made a good compliment on his acting skills rather than his face appearance. That seems more meaningful.

Q- Lee MinKi won the new actor award in 2005 for 'Be Strong Geum-Soon'. He soon became to take on main lead roles.

A-Before 'Be Strong Geum-Soon', he has been in a couple of one episode dramas in 2004. People would remember MinKi as the immature brother-in-law in 'be strong geum-soon'.

We will be able to see Lee MinKi in a movie soon. 'A Good Day to Have an Affair' will be released in Febuary. He plays the opposite role of Kim HyeSoo. He plays as a college student who has an affair with Kim HyeSoo, a married woman. It would be fun to compare MinKi-HyeSoo couple with TaeBong-DalJah couple. (Since both the drama and movie, MinKi plays as a young man who falls in love with a older woman).

http://www.ytnstar.co.kr/_ln/0101_200701081413268383

courtesy of purpletiger86

----------

while we're on the subject of Tae-bong's character...there is one certain similarity between Tae-bong and Nam Bong-ki (his role in RRLY)--a mysterious past/secret that made each what he is at the beginning of the drama.

Guest evelyn168

The movie is quite good. I like everyone... The supporting cast is really strong... I think LHY sometimes outshines CR... I think CR is putting on too much makeup in this drama... I really like her with less makeup... I think it makes her look really old... I like the parody in the drama... The parody is funny and it lets viewers link movies with the drama...

Guest kiki08

I really like her with less makeup... I think it makes her look really old... I like the parody in the drama... The parody is funny and it lets viewers link movies with the drama...

hies!!!

I think she needs to look older because she is younger than her drama age

how old is she? like 28?29?

so she put more make up on than usual to make herself look older

because she even though she is in her late 20s?

she still looks young without all the make up

so she has to upgrade it a little to look 33!!

i love the parodies tooo!!

and i cant wait for next weeks parody i heard they are going to have in parody in each eps.

next weeks parody is Ms. lady vengeance

i wonder why? i thought she was done with her revenge?!

maybe it has nothing to do with that but a famous scene in that movie

umm... guys you are kind of putting a lot of pressure on the subbing team

but thank you for the support!!!

i heard that there are going to be more people help so yeah!!!

thank you SeNeRiTy's team

thank you!!!!!!!!

help us if you can guys

we can use it!!!

okies!!

thank you for the pictures!!!!

Guest ovette

thanks kiki08 for you effort! :) yah the parodies are great.. havent watched lady vengeance yet so i dont really know that "famous" scene.. really looking forward to epi03! :) 1 more day!!!

Guest ovette

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K&M's Synopsis for Episode 1 & 2

Dahl Jah …she has just gotten her first job. She can’t even wake herself up, so her mother wakes her up. Her mother complains to her that she can’t believe she acts like that at her age. Dahl Jah doesn’t even have any money and asks to borrow money from her mother. Her mother complains that she just gave her money earlier- what happened to it. Her grandmother (father’s side) called and told the mom to just give her the money since it is her first day of work. Dahl Jah goes to work; she is completely clumsy. She runs into everything…like the fish box. When she falls down after the fish box, Shin Sae Doh comes to her aid and helps her out. 8 years pass…Dahl Jah is now 32. She has her own apartment and she is more professional at her job. One day after her show, things turn out a little messy. Her producer and everyone got upset with her, but Shin Sae Doh comes and cheers her up. So she finally tells him that she wants to go out to dinner with him. For a moment she thinks she messed up because Shin Sae Doh doesn’t say anything…but in the next moment he kisses her cheek. Shin Sae Doh tells her that he has been taking care of her for 8 years because he liked her. So they start dating. Christmas comes close she tries to buy Shin Sae Dae a present. But her senior friend tells her that Shin Sae Doh is a player. Dahl Jah says no, that she has dated Shin Sae Doh for 2 months and he is a complete gentleman. Her senior friend said that she disagrees. She says that Dahl Jah doesn’t see that he is player toward her. She asks Dahl Jah…whenever Shin Sae Dohl took Dahl Jah home did he ever ask to stay, Dahl Jah thinks he did and she told him to go home because he looked tired and they would see each other tomorrow. Senior asked then did he ever take to drink at a hotel bar, Dahl Jah thinks he did but she would only drink one glass and then she would drink coffee. Finally, her senior asked her if he ever took her parking next to the lake, Dahl Jah thinks he did and she told him that she heard people came her to do strange things and she didn’t want to get caught by the police- that would be embarrassing- so Shin Sae Doh couldn’t touch her. One day, Dahl Jah walks down the hallway and sees Shin Sae Doh and Woo Sun Ju together. Dahl Jah asks to talk to Shin Sae Doh, but he finds an excuse and leaves with Woo Sun Ju. Even at this moment, she doesn’t recognize what is going on. The next night, she is walking down the road. Tae Bong is being chased by someone. He runs into Dahl Jah and breaks her cell phone. Dahl Jah chases after him into a building. Tae Bong mistakenly thinks that Dahl Jah was one of the original people chasing him so he checks her person for information. Dahl Jah imagines that he is trying to kill her…newspaper ”Old Maid Attacked and Killed”. She thinks to herself that she should have given herself to Shin Sae Doh. But, actually Tae Bong just takes her work card and gives her his dating service card. He tells her to call him when she figures how much it will cost to fix her phone. After she walks out, she calls Shin Sae Doh to meet her at a hotel bar. She waits at the bar when Shin Sae Doh shows up with Woo Sun Ju. Shin Sae Doh asks Dahl Jah what she is doing there. Woo Sun Ju asks if she is waiting for Shin Sae Doh. Dahl Jah pride is hurt so she responds that she is waiting for someone else. Dahl Jah can’t move because Shin Sae Doh and Woo Sun Ju are there, so she calls her senior friend to send a guy there to pick her up. But her senior friend can’t help because she was busy. Dahl Jah finds the dating service card in her purse. He tells her that one date would cost 10000won but since hers was an emergency she would have to pay double. She is so worried she agrees. About the time that Shin Sae Doh and Woo Sun Ju are moving, Tae Bong showed up. After they go into the hallway, Tae Bong asks for the money. Dahl Jah tells him that he is asking too much and he said that is why he doesn’t date old women. Dahl Jah gets mad and only gives him 500won. While they argue about the money, Shin Sae Doh and Woo Sun Ju show up. So Dahl Jah quickly gives him more money. They walk to the elevator and find that all of them on the same floor. Suddenly, three men show up in the hallway. Tae Bong grabs Dahl Jah and gets in the elevator. After they get to the floor, Dahl Jah sees Shin Sae Doh attitude. She goes into the room with Tae Bong where she drinks and cries. At that time, she makes a contract with Tae Bong where she would pay him 3000000won if he pretended to be her boyfriend for one month. The next day, she came to work her senior told her that there was a rumor going around that Shin Sae Doh dumped her. This crushed Dahl Jah pride very badly. She goes into her office, Woo Sun Ju is with Shin Sae Doh talking happily. At that time Tae Bong shows up and introduces himself as her boyfriend. Everyone is shocked. Especially her producer who never thought she would date someone like that. But Dahl Jah doesn’t know what is going on, she doesn’t remember the contract. She asks him what is going on…he explains it to her. She gets mad and tells him that she wants the 3000000won back. He refuses. She goes to a lawyer to get her money back, but she would have to pay the lawyer the same amount so she forgets about it. As she walks down the street, she reads a sign that offers help to those who need to get their money back. She imagines Tae Bong being put in a hole and she getting arrested by the police…so she forgets that plan as well. After that she decides to payback Shin Sae Doh. She wants to make Shin Sae Doh love her again and then dump him in front of Woo Sun Ju. Her pride is very important to her. When she was young her boyfriend told her she was a bad-fate girl. She goes home to ask her mother what he meant by bad-fate. Her mother asked her who said that. Dahl Jah tells her that the boy said her family is bad-luck to men, like her grandfather and father died early. So the boy said he didn’t want to die early that is why he broke up with her. Dahl Jah mother yells at her saying you don’t have any pride, forget that boy. Go get another boy. Your pride is very important. That is why Dahl Jah pride is very important thing to her. At the new year party, Shin Sae Doh invited Woo Sun Ju so Dahl Jah invites Tae Bong. She buys expensive clothes for him to make him look fancy and asks him to pretend to be a millionaire lawyer. But Tae Bong showed up looking like a bumb. Dahl Jah takes Tae Bong to the women’s bathroom and asks him what happened to his clothes. He asks her if she really loves Shin Sae Doh. If so, she shouldn’t try to seek revenge and what is so important about clothes and jobs. Dahl Jah tells him that she does not love Shin Sae Doh she wants revenge because he hurt her pride. They don’t know but Woo Sun Ju was in the bathroom listening (Woo Sun Ju was married once, divorced after 3 months). Dahl Ju walks out of the bathroom and finds out that her show crew had an accident. So she has to prepare her show quickly. Unexpectedly Woo Sun Ju and Shin Sae Doh help her. The next day, Dahl Ju is 33. She decides to forget everything. After finishing work, she walks out where Shin Sae Doh is waiting for her. Dahl Jah tells him that from now on they are going to be just friends. She turns around Tae Bong shows up and asks if she wants him to continue. She tells him to forget it from now on. Tae Bong asks Dahl Jah to go drinking with him. He stops a taxi, but someone comes out of the taxi to chase him. Suddenly Tae Bong grabs Dahl Jah and they run down an ally. Dahl Jah asks why she has to run. Tae Bong tells her that she was seen with him so they may grab her too…then she imagine both of them being placed in a hole. They run down a narrow street…Tae Bong continues holding Dahl Jah. Dahl Jah feels funny and her face turns red. Tae Bong asks her why her face is turning red…and that he could give her a free kiss. Dahl Jah tries to push him away…at that time someone shows up to save Dahl Jah…he says “what are you doing to that woman, leave her alone.”

credit : http://board3.cgiworld.dreamwiz.com/view.c...amp;tmp_no=2710

just saw a preview of Happy Sunday Heroine 6...anyone care to confirm whether Min Ki and Gong Hyun Jin will be on this weekend's episode? or will it be 2 separate Happy Sunday Heroine 6 episodes (1 w/ Min Ki and Lee Jong Hyuk, and 1 w/ Gong Hyun Jin...)?

Oh.. I already see a subbing team for this serie.. kiki dearest.. get back to me when you can k? Since the chinese sub is out.. I guess WITH S2 can consider this serie.. but since you guys already formed a team.. kiki dear.. come back to the WITH S2 forum - i pmed you there too so we can discuss this.. k? *muah*

Archived