[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest arielcc

..I hear so many familiar tunes in the background. The writer must've put a lot of thought into this...

Yah.. pretty cool i think.. If i'm not wrong, I heard the theme from this old US series named "The Green hornet" (that sound like buzzing bees to me :lol: ) each time Dal Ja and Tae Bong were being chased. I remember watching the reruns of that series as a kid. So besides the movie parodies, there's also theme music from famous shows... very interesting!

I'm so glad that there'll be English sub! Yay!! :w00t: Will wait for them to be out. A Salute to those who are laboring in it! Thanks!!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest n5y17cgirl

per creidesca's request...

a partial literal/partial figurative translation for the official synopsis (http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dalja/about/synop/synop.html):

synopsis_daljaspring.jpg

Single woman in her 30's… only her happy self-indulgence

In the '80s, [these girls] spent a decade (their teen years) believing that her virginity & purity was a woman's virtue.

In the '90s, [they] spent their 20's exclaiming that in order for women to become equal with men, they had to become independent.

And then [along came] 30… thinking only that the "big party" (the prime of their life) was over, only now are they beginning to realize – from where men sleep (or who they sleep with), from men's competitiveness - what successful liberation is.

[Learning that…] trifling matters can become cool... sometimes it's ok to be mean without giving it a second thought... [you can] let go of all the money, power, success and still become strong... getting married isn't like some homework you have to do – it's great if you do, and if you don't, ultimately it's a choice..

This is the pattern of life for these 30 year-old spinsters for the past 21 years, and this is the happy, single, golden season of their life they chose.

Single woman in her 30's… love is like a never-ending spring day to them, too

A little too old to be living recklessly & adventurously, yet still young enough not to simply settle down and lead a peaceful (boring) life... having some passion/fire still left in them, yet knowing too much about the world already to blindly/naively follow their passion(s) alone… Standing at a major crossroad in life: [deciding] to remain forever single, or to ride the last wedding train, these 30-year old single women, however, still dream about love as they always have. Beautiful as ever, this is their story...

[At] thirty-three, even though the "prime of their life" may now be over, just like in a sketch/picture/portrait these women are as usual waiting for spring on a beautiful day like today.

*in this passage, the Korean word for 'spring' can be, for the most part, interchangeable with its alternate meaning "prime of (their) life."

Guest arielcc

By the way , the sub is 100% sync. with the 700MB file

"DalJas Spring.E01.KOR.070103.HDTV.XViD-aLive.avi"

which you can find it in iyagi's clubbox.

For the other HQ version , the sub is a little bit slower than the vdo.

Thanks so much Danaiwut!! Muahh!! :P

Btw, could whoever who's posting it explain a lil abt how to use it? Sounds like it's 2 separate files to be played together-the downloaded episode and the subtitle file? So it's not in one file? Sorry it's my first time using it. :unsure:

Guest Scully2

According to WITHS2 site they'll be doing the subs with the SUN version->

* DalJa's Spring: (1-3)SUN

o Episode 1 (SUN): Translation: Done/ Timing: Pending

o Episode 2 (SUN): Translation: Pending

o Episode 3 (HARDSUB)

So I won't delete the SUN version and just wait for the subs to be released :P

I was going to get the aLive version but I better wait.

THANKS for the subs!

just to let everyone know.. for the subs of episode 1.. the timing for SUN/ aLive version is quite similar.. so the subs will match both files.. so if you download either file.. you're okay :)

Guest Scully2

just to let everyone know.. for the subs of episode 1.. the timing for SUN/ aLive version is quite similar.. so the subs will match both files.. so if you download either file.. you're okay :)

Thanks mily2 for clarifying that ^__^

You guys rulez!

Hi Ovette! Can u help me with this please?

I downloaded the episodes listed on page 1 of Dal Ja website (using megadownload). So what version would that be?

it's the low quality version... al those are low quality... if the file size is 700MB then it's high quality.. there are high quality vids available on clubboxes like creidesca's :)

yikes... is it Gi Joong's ex-wife that shows up?...and Dal Ja's given a slap! Wah...she's Se Do's new GF?!!! or rather his one night stand?

What did Tae Bong say to Gi Joong outside the Handa Shopping network?

whaha maybe she is an ex.. but she loves kijeong too much that she stalks him.. i though dalja's gonna get another slap..haha! and Se Do's maybe she's someone he uses for one night stands...

oh man...a stalking ex-wife?!

Maybe the Lady Vengeance scene is in today's ep???

i havent watched lady vengeance yet so i really dont know what part there was the aprody :)

the first part with her imagination as alice and snow white were really funny!!! and also the meeting of the three guys with her parents.. it was really hilarious! and also the part where DalJa ans SeDo were drunk :) seeing the preview makes me excited for episode 5.. the 'eyebags' effect was funny :) :) oooh.... really cant wait!!!!

yah!!! a potential hug scene!!! waah.... and they were kinda sweet while eating on the foodstand.. taebong seem to really like dalja already, he smiled while reading the message dalja sent him :) so was taebong the one who sent the plants?

i hope creidesca you could upload the picture too! :) yah it looks like she's too lonely... too sad.. and there were faces on the sides.. it's like people are just looking at her, not really confiding with her.

i dont quite understand what taebong was telling dalja.. was it on how to act in front of a man?? and what did dalja tell kijeong on the phone while she was drunk?

Guest christiane

this episode 4 makes me laugh to hell...i was like in the end....

when they are three in the bed starting to scream one by one....

:)

kekekeke

kekekeke

this episode 4 makes me laugh to hell...i was like in the end....when they are three in the bed starting to scream one by one....

me too!! there were like screaming and so confused.. talking with themselves, considering dalja and sedo were in their 30's already.. and the way they behave.. whaha way hilarious :)

Guest christiane

me too!! there were like screaming and so confused.. talking with themselves, considering dalja and sedo were in their 30's already.. and the way they behave.. whaha way hilarious :)

:lol: yeah they looks like teenagers and tae bong just look like their parent....looking just astonish....this part ...mouhahaha.......i didn t watch the end of the episode...something might happen cos it seems tae bong and dal jae

hug

arfff the preview for next week??? arfff i am so in love with this drama now....just because of that scene of screaming..... :lol:

ooohh the preview of the eyebags scene!! that gave me a HUGE LOL!!! thanks for the pictures!! surely there willbe lots of comment on the 'best' section of the official website.. so many great scenes :)

before i was still unsure if the other actors were great but now i can really see talent in each one of them..

3jt9.jpg

i have a question regarding this... how did they introduce themselves to dalja's mom and granny?? coz i ddnt understand what they were saying :)

Yah.. pretty cool i think.. If i'm not wrong, I heard the theme from this old US series named "The Green hornet" (that sound like buzzing bees to me :lol: ) each time Dal Ja and Tae Bong were being chased. I remember watching the reruns of that series as a kid. So besides the movie parodies, there's also theme music from famous shows... very interesting!

I'm so glad that there'll be English sub! Yay!! :w00t: Will wait for them to be out. A Salute to those who are laboring in it! Thanks!!

There were also a couple others that I recognize, at one point, MISA's theme started to play (that was when Dal Ja was walking alone on the streets) and then there was another one, but I forget which one that was in...it was during the scene where the city zoomed in when Dal Ja described that she rented her apartment...it sounds so familiar, but I don't remember, lol. There were a couple of other Western ones...

Archived