[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

let's take a closer look at TB's 'ring':

credits to javabeans and creidesca:

0103yh8.jpg

dljssprlnge20hdtvxvidsufn4.jpg

As you can see the ring is studded all the way around, so no adjustable strap. Secondly, there's a fabric-like material right beneath the underside of the ring, and it surrounds TB's finger. Don't know if it comes attached to the ring, but I think it's what makes the wearer be able to have the ring held in that position of the index finger.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mzsmiley

Omgosh.. my heart is just aching so much for both DJ & TB right now...

Although I agree DJ shouldn't let her insecurities get the better of her.. but I can completely understand how she feels.. What women doesn't have insecurities? It doesn't matter if your just an average person or someone successful/famous.. we as women all have our own hidden insecuries that sometime haunts us.. so that's why I can't help but cry along w/ DJ.. If TB really loves DL and wants to savior this relationship.. then its time for him to step up and openly express himself to DJ.. I find it hard to believe how TB can show no outward reaction when DJ told him she loves him.

then its time for him to step up and openly express himself to DJ.. I find it hard to believe how TB can show no outward reaction when DJ told him she loves him.

he wasn't expressionless in that scene

dljssprlnge19hdtvxvidsuas6.jpg

from purpletiger86 who took a look at the screencap out of context (as she has yet to see the episode), her observations were that: 'his eyes look sad' 'it's more like one of those sorrowful looks'

I guess we shouldn't forget that one of Min Ki's assets is those eyes of his...and remembering that line from RRLY when he tells the President's son's little daughter that people can see through to his heart just by looking at his eyes.

The responsibilities that entails those 3 words...responsibities not just by the one to say those words, but responsibilities from the receiver of those words too. Then that conversation with his father on the responsibilities when you love someone...might it be that TB is afraid he won't be able to hold up to the expectations of those 3 words and fail DJ?

Guest steffy

I don't know if it's just me or what but I'm currently watching episode 13 with subtitles, and it seemed to skip and were out of sync? has it happened to anyone else? please let me know! thanks!

Thank you Sarah! :wub: awesome summary like always...

Even though I haven't watched ep 20, but from reading Sarah's awesome summary (with pictures too, sweet. hehe. muah.) This is what I think...

Based on the outcome in episode 20, it does look like DJ's insecurity and jealousy got the best of her.

Misunderstanding can happen anytime in a relationship, and I'm not saying TB has no fault at all. But then again, it seems like DJ's buying all the crap Su Jin is saying without even thinking, "oh, this girl is sooo playing to get it." Where's the strong, superwoman DJ? Can she trust her heart and TB for just a bit, even while she's still doubting his feelings for her?

Yes I knew why she could be like that, but come on... by now DJ should see how old news and history the ex-GF is.

Again, her insecurity is playing it, and I'm a bit 'icky' about that right now. Why in the world did she take everything Su Jin has said to heart. Isn't it obvious the game Su Jin's playing is to get TB back? *I'm seriously doubting her love for TB...

Is it not yet as strong as it supposed to be? Is their relationship not in that stage yet?*

Well, okay, let's see... from where she's coming from and I can see why she can be so insecure...

1) They did it and yet, TB hasn't said the 'magic word' yet (which I do think he should do it at his own time). And,

2) She said it first,... while she thought he was sleeping... (perhaps she's insecured because she said it first?)

So, it looks like nobody's at fault. DJ expects more from TB while TB still needs time to figure things out (my credit for him, good thing he's not the wishy-washy type a guy. He knows what he wants, but nobody can rush him. As simple as that.)

Episode 20 is really quite 'disturbing' for me as I can see how original this can be but yet, since this is a drama, I was expecting DJ to be some sort of... different than how most girls usually react in the same situation.

Why DJ behaves the way she does and why TB does what he does. Hm, I just wish she didn't react like that and hold herself before saying too quickly the 'b' word.

Hey, DJ. Don't you worry. The man is obviously yours from the start.

Perhaps she needs a bestfriend to say it out loud like that and knock some sense into her. lol.

I believe TB will say it when the time is right. And when that time comes, I know I'll be in tears of joy just witnessing the moment. (hehe)

Having said all that above, with no doubt I still trust the writer to surprise us with even bigger stuff next week. And with only 2 episodes left, it's going to be SUPER GREAT for sure. Expecting a wedding too, but I kinda want SJ and SD to hit it off also. Those two were so made for each other, and I like how each can bring out the best in each other.

DJ and TB, it'll be just too simple and ordinary for me if this couple will have a break-up session next week.

I don't know about you guys, but do you really think TB would just stand there (in shock) and stare at her after she said, "let's... break up..."? :ph34r: Heck no. Hopefully he'll knock some good sense into her... reassuring her that she is his world =)

SO CAN'T wait for next week! *sigh* :sweatingbullets:

*as for TB's index-finger ring, it does look a lot like a rosary ring...somehow...

Guest cafeaulait

As you can see the ring is studded all the way around, so no adjustable strap. Secondly, there's a fabric-like material right beneath the underside of the ring, and it surrounds TB's finger. Don't know if it comes attached to the ring, but I think it's what makes the wearer be able to have the ring held in that position of the index finger.

What if the ring itself is made of rubber/plastic? Like those finger protectors you can wear when you need to write with a pen for a long time. That might be more comfortable to wear, although I admit I've personally never seen one like TB's.

I haven't seen 18, 19, or 20 yet (I'm holding out until the end so I can watch them all in a row without suspense eating away at me throughout the week), but I couldn't help reading all the spoilers. So much for avoiding cliffhangers... This one (at the end of 20) is the worst. :o I'm going to be thinking about it everyday until Wednesday.

Guest wls2948

Oh dear, our sweet Dal Ja is in love and as usual, when one is IN LOVE, one is VULNERABLE...

Poor Dalja has been hounded by lots of pressure, beginning with her mom and Tae Bong's mom finding out they are living together, her mom not willing to forgive her, Tae Bong hounding her and causing so much hoo hah even at the office where she works, her superior (who happens to be tae Bong's aunt) finding out about her relationship with Tae Bong, the rumours that she is pregnant, then Tae Bong's ex girlfriend re appearing, Tae Bong in difficulty with his construction work job, money problems, Tae Bong injured at work, her mother and grandma pressing her about marriage, Tae Bong's mom not willing to accept her, round and round the problems keep coming....Dal Ja has reached her BREAKING POINT...that is why she said "Let's Break Up "to Tae Bong.... she doesn't really want to break with him HIM, she is actually BREAKING DOWN AND FEELS LIKE CUTTING LOOSE... aaah...it is now time for TAE BONG to GET GOING AND ACT LIKE A MAN AND TAKE POSSESSION OF DALJA...she has given him her heart, her body, her money, her love....COME ONE, TAE BONG, IT'S NOW YOUR TURN!!!!!

Guest upikepik

Hey Guys..thought I contribute for the community....I uploaded Eps 20 HQ file into Megaupload...so for those of you that wants the link, PM me for it..I don't want to post them here cause of the copyright issues

Guest babymarzy07

thanks to sarah for the detailed summary, now i understand the sequences better. :)

I noticed that TB really has no one of the same age to talk to for advice, where he's able to discuss matters openly like DJ is able to do w/ SJ, SD, unni. TB seems to always get the advice from an elder: DJ's grandma, DJ's mother, his father...this could be one of the reasons why he's been holding it in. When he feels something is on DJ's mind, he asks her, but either she denies or says the opposite of what she feels, which can be confusing to a guy who has no one to go to for questions. And it gets much harder going to an elder like DJ's grandma/mother after that one 'night'.

In that scene in EP 19, when DJ kicks him in the shin and all he could do was say 'sorry' and hug her, that expression on his face as he's holding her was one of 'bewilderment', as if he's never been given that type of affection, and doesn't know what he should do in response to it.

Recall that EP 19 was what's it like to live as a man...

Maybe that's why his expression wasn't a 'happy' one at that moment for that very reason--it should have been him to have said it first. It's like he disappointed/'failed' her once more as a man.

This makes for a really good point. seemingly enough, TB doesn't have someone to ask advice from... His friend the one selling clothes doesn't seem to be as close. Im assuming in the lawfirm everyone is older, Sujin is no good at all so yeah. im understanding the title now that you mention that fact. I think TB must've felt that DJ is giving so much to him and plus the fact she said it first was made him feel that he didnt play his part well.

Yes, I am angry at DJ. Everyone here seems to be on her side, but I'm on TB's, 100%. To put it harshly: she is being an idiot. She is jumping to conclusions, and refusing to take any more risks simply because those risks have hurt her in the past (but did they really? Did they really hurt her? Didn't they bring her happiness overall? Didn't they help her not to regret the past? Didn't they bring her TB?). TB has done nothing really wrong that I can see, except for not saying "I love you". But that's a deep, painful problem that he has, and it won't be solved so easily just because she wants it to be solved. She's just thinking of herself, her own desire for him to say the words (which, in my opinion, really aren't too necessary, considering his actions). She isn't thinking about his feelings, about whether he's ready for that vocalization of love. She's listening to his incredibly self-absorbed ex instead of him. She's listening to her own insecurities, instead of him. What kind of love is that? How is she any better than, say, SJ? Wait, let me rephrase that - SJ is way better than her!

I have to say that Im not on anyone's side though, but for the most part I can understand DJ and how she might feel, think and react. You made good points to think about too. I will agree with ay_link, that no one seems to be at fault here. The writer is just showing us that couple do get to this point sometime, misunderstanding, miscommunication, insecurity and uncertainty but it makes them learn from this and come out stronger. DJ was affected with Sujin for sure and I think it it is hard not not be, I think we can all say we should be confident with the guy's feelings but there is that slight twinge that still comes up its unavoidable. I think even the longest relationships get to that point. I do believe TB can do something not just standback and watch DJ walkaway, he is not the same guy.

Im actually liking his ring, its unique. Lol. I think its leather with an adjustable strap underneath? The stuff around looks like metal. I remember seeing something similar for the wrist? The cushion might be for writing? not sure. It reminds of the small thingie in basketball you wear, the sweat band but for the finger? Looks good on him, I dont think just anyone can pull it off. That's just LMK style, contemporary cool. :)

PS. anyone notice that in ep11 SA's cellphone is a different color to the one she has in ep13? we keep seeing small details of inconsistent stuff.. lol

credits to javabeans and creidesca:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3568/0103yh8.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4894/dl...tvxvidsufn4.jpg

oh yah thanks for this, i love the close-up and discussion. i thought it's only the shadow and not the fabric. but interesting theory. lookin at the first picture, i seriously think it is possible that it is in an hexagen/octagen shape in order to hold the ring that way, rather than it being a fabric.

What if the ring itself is made of rubber/plastic? Like those finger protectors you can wear when you need to write with a pen for a long time. That might be more comfortable to wear, although I admit I've personally never seen one like TB's.

I haven't seen 18, 19, or 20 yet (I'm holding out until the end so I can watch them all in a row without suspense eating away at me throughout the week), but I couldn't help reading all the spoilers. So much for avoiding cliffhangers... This one (at the end of 20) is the worst. :o I'm going to be thinking about it everyday until Wednesday.

i think that is silver so we didn't think it could possibly be rubber or plastic. otherwise that is cool as well. i thought the fabric part is interesting. pity no product advertising have been done on DJS, as in the case of Goong. otherwise we would have known better.

thanks to sarah for the detailed summary, now i understand the sequences better. :)

I do believe TB can do something not just standback and watch DJ walkaway, he is not the same guy.

Im actually liking his ring, its unique. Lol. It reminds of the small thingie in basketball you wear, the sweat band but for the finger? Looks good on him, I dont think just anyone can pull it off. That's LMK style, contemporary cool. :)

is that LMK's style? i thought it's just a fashion statement for TB's character. but he got good style anyway for wearing that. so cool!~

wow and special thanks to javabeans for the screencaps summary! i love your summaries, ever since Goong, if i havent being wrong about that. =) looking at the big hoo-ha and how the pd ends the episode, i am suspecting TB will just grab her and express that he love her or that he's not gonna let her break up with him. he can't possibly let history repeats itself and do nothing! lol.

Guest babymarzy07

is that LMK's style? i thought it's just a fashion statement for TB's character. but he got good style anyway for wearing that. so cool!~

lol.. ooopps i didnt mean it as its LMK's really who choose it. i just meant i think only LMK could pull it off. since well the ring isnt exactly a fashion trend? i think on other actors it might look weird. it just seemed to me it fit him and his style fits the fashion accesory. I just felt LMK has this vibe around him... maybe TB's style is similar to LMK's?

Guest ovette

Anyone has the subtitle for episode one?

The link provided was not able to access...

the d-addicts site is really down and not accessible at the moment.. maybe you should try checking it a little later...

as for the ring. i think there's leather underneath.

i dont want to comment anymore on DalJa's and TB's actions. and im not taking any sides either. i just think both have their own faults. but im thinking if ep20's title is how to live as a woman.. does that mean women must give up easily and let their insecurities get into them like what DalJa did? in ep19 we can see clearly what living as a man means, but in ep20 im a bit confused..

thanks for all your reactions. ive been reading all of them while contemplating all the scenes. im just too sad and too lost for words...

i dont want to comment anymore on DalJa's and TB's actions. and im not taking any sides either. i just think both have their own faults. but im thinking if ep20's title is how to live as a woman.. does that mean women must give up easily and let their insecurities get into them like what DalJa did? in ep19 we can see clearly what living as a man means, but in ep20 im a bit confused..

I think the intense feelings Dahee Fanel felt towards DJ in EP 20 is how women must be living like. Might the intention of this episode for females to take a step back and reflect upon what it is to be living as a woman?

Many of us say we understand how DJ feels, but understanding isn't enough--there must be change.

Guest sweetie

i cried a bucket watching the very last scene of episode 20...

i'm so sad for dal ja

i do agree with some of u...

however...i understand why she's being like that

tae bong now especially after the accident...has conceal his feeling too much

maybe i shouldnt make any assumptions just based on what i've seen since i dont understand korean

but rili...from wut i've seen..since i'm a woman..i can understand dal ja's feeling

tae bong action's only reveal that he do like dal ja and care so much for her...

and how much he wants to continue living with her and being by herside

but that still doesnt prove that he do love her

we know he did just because we're the one watching both characters develop their feelings

but if we're in dal ja's place..how do we know?

and what the heck?? i hate how tae bong just shut up his mouth watching the whole situation between dal ja, his ex and his family

and i hate everytime he is with his ex,at the party for example..doesnt he has any feeling?

of course every woman on earth would feel jealous watching her loved one being with his ex...

expecially, his first love...first love is the strongest n the hardest one to forget

of course we woman will feel insecure that maybe our loved one's heart might change after he meet his first love back

and most insecure esp in dal ja's case, who still didnt get the three words from tae bong

and on top of that, she realises it back after the ex ask her!

of cos she would feel insecure and sad and confuse

watching dal ja at tae bong's house, i started to cry...

but still, the decision she make to break up is just too sudden.

where is the strong dal ja we know?

but i know, tae bong wouldnt agree with that

conclusion; love needs both, words and actions

i cant believe this drama's going to end very soon

i'm gonna miss the couple so much

THANKS A LOT TO PEOPLE WHO PROVIDE THE LINKS, CAPS, SUMMARIES AND EVERYTHING

U GUYS ROCKS!

ESPECIALLY TO THE SUBBING TEAM! THANK U SO MUCH!

Guest fashionista

i cried a bucket watching the very last scene of episode 20...

i'm so sad for dal ja

i do agree with some of u...

however...i understand why she's being like that

tae bong now especially after the accident...has conceal his feeling too much

maybe i shouldnt make any assumptions just based on what i've seen since i dont understand korean

but rili...from wut i've seen..since i'm a woman..i can understand dal ja's feeling

tae bong action's only reveal that he do like dal ja and care so much for her...

and how much he wants to continue living with her and being by herside

but that still doesnt prove that he do love her

we know he did just because we're the one watching both characters develop their feelings

but if we're in dal ja's place..how do we know?

and what the heck?? i hate how tae bong just shut up his mouth watching the whole situation between dal ja, his ex and his family

and i hate everytime he is with his ex,at the party for example..doesnt he has any feeling?

of course every woman on earth would feel jealous watching her loved one being with his ex...

expecially, his first love...first love is the strongest n the hardest one to forget

of course we woman will feel insecure that maybe our loved one's heart might change after he meet his first love back

and most insecure esp in dal ja's case, who still didnt get the three words from tae bong

and on top of that, she realises it back after the ex ask her!

of cos she would feel insecure and sad and confuse

watching dal ja at tae bong's house, i started to cry...

but still, the decision she make to break up is just too sudden.

where is the strong dal ja we know?

but i know, tae bong wouldnt agree with that

conclusion; love needs both, words and actions

i cant believe this drama's going to end very soon

i'm gonna miss the couple so much

THANKS A LOT TO PEOPLE WHO PROVIDE THE LINKS, CAPS, SUMMARIES AND EVERYTHING

U GUYS ROCKS!

ESPECIALLY TO THE SUBBING TEAM! THANK U SO MUCH!

as viewers, we see everything and it's easy for us to be judgmental. it's easy for us to call someone's action dumb, selfish and whatever. we just need to try and walk in DJ's shoes to understand why she's sooooooo tire. she's getting it from all parties...his mom, her mom, his ex, work, etc. we knew DJ is secure with work...but with love, she's not. that's why all the stress/pressure is leading her to just break down and call it quit. i understand that TB is tire too. the guy has done so many things he wouldn't otherwise do because of DJ. his only fault in the last 4 episodes was being inactive when he shouldn't have been. yes, he kept quiet at the dinner table...just sat there and watch. i hate that part too. a lot of ppl did based on the comments i've read at several boards. he also didn't do anything when SJ rested her head on his shoulder...other than turn his head. at the party, he didn't shrug her off when she got all touchy...even with DJ's presence. i know, i know...TB didn't think anything of it cuz it didn't mean anything to him. what he fail to remember was he was accompanied by an insecure DJ who have always blow things out of proportion. now, with an active imagination like DJ, how can we be surprise that she thinks there's more to TB/his ex's relationship than work after seeing what she saw at the office that late at night??? everything that happens drove her to doubt her relationship with TB more and more...to the brink of asking for a break-up. both parties need to take responsibility for everything that led up to ep 20 cuz neither parties are at fault 100%. nothing in life is 100%.

last, but not least, talk alone is cheap; action doesn't ALWAYS speak louder than words. Both, together, however, is needed to make a relationship work.

Guest ccsg1

Newbie here.......I can't explain how much i love this drama. its on my top three....Anego cause its the first drama i ever watch.....Full House cause Bi is so fine....and now this, actually DJS is better than both that i named but sentimental feelings keep them at 1 and 2. Even though i am more obsessed with DJS.

I love everything about DJS, the fashion, the set decorations, even the food and drinks they have looks yum. Most of all Chae Rim is the most beautiful girl asian i ever saw. she truly looks like a doll, even her mouth is cute. i know people hate her hair in this but i love the voluminous curls ( i thinks its an american thing).

i was trying to dl epi 20 from clubbox but i don't understand the symbols.

anyhoo.....thanks to all the ppl who updates and give so much useful info. there is alot of us usa girls who love this show but don't understand the language spoken so all the info is appreciated.

as viewers, we see everything and it's easy for us to be judgmental. it's easy for us to call someone's action dumb, selfish and whatever. we just need to try and walk in DJ's shoes to understand why she's sooooooo tire. she's getting it from all parties...his mom, her mom, his ex, work, etc. we knew DJ is secure with work...but with love, she's not. that's why all the stress/pressure is leading her to just break down and call it quit. i understand that TB is tire too. the guy has done so many things he wouldn't otherwise do because of DJ. his only fault in the last 4 episodes was being inactive when he shouldn't have been. yes, he kept quiet at the dinner table...just sat there and watch. i hate that part too. a lot of ppl did based on the comments i've read at several boards. he also didn't do anything when SJ rested her head on his shoulder...other than turn his head. at the party, he didn't shrug her off when she got all touchy...even with DJ's presence. i know, i know...TB didn't think anything of it cuz it didn't mean anything to him. what he fail to remember was he was accompanied by an insecure DJ who have always blow things out of proportion. now, with an active imagination like DJ, how can we be surprise that she thinks there's more to TB/his ex's relationship than work after seeing what she saw at the office that late at night??? everything that happens drove her to doubt her relationship with TB more and more...to the brink of asking for a break-up. both parties need to take responsibility for everything that led up to ep 20 cuz neither parties are at fault 100%. nothing in life is 100%.

last, but not least, talk alone is cheap; action doesn't ALWAYS speak louder than words. Both, together, however, is needed to make a relationship work.

I am totally agreed with fashionista's point of view, as everyone said "love is blind" it happenes either party will overlook on things, take things for granted or too sensitive and lack of consideration will affect the relationship, Love takes a lot of effort to make it work.

DJ & TB's case did happen in real life, misunstanding and inconsiderate always hurt other parties' pride and sometimes will end up calling quit.

Look forward to see a happy ending

Guest koreandramadabest

i think taebong will propose to her! and when dalja will not accept it, maybe taebong will say to her "sarang he dalja ssi" ...awwww... i wish that it will happen.. i wonder if taebong will say that to her if he's gonna propose to her..

do u think guyz?

when i looked those pictures of episode 20 and the caps.. i really cried ... i feel sad... i wish that anyone will gonna post the episode's video..can som1 put it hir so that we can watched it and can som1 post hir the subtitles of ep.20 so that if im gonna watch the episode then i have to see the subtitles

Archived