[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest fashionista

just how much did ex-GF really love TB? The moment she's out the door of the house after the announcement, it was uncharacteristic of her composed lawyerly self to act like a child who didn't get what she had wanted.

yeah, it seem like it was a game to her. she just couldn't believe she lost. she was probably wondering, "how in the world did i lost TB to someone like DJ?" :rolleyes:

i thought her conversation with TB's mom at the office was hilarious. i mean, she just kept talking like she actually believe what she was saying....that TB n her are going to be back together. the woman has some screws loose.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ovette

for those who havent had time to watch episode 20 yet...and really want to see the SADDEST PART ever... it's up in youtube..

Guest Bamidele

wow the thread has really grown from when I wrote my two cents, it's awesome hearing all these different pov's

I keep wondering that if the PD does have them breakup I wonder how he will have Tae-bong move out. I think the breakup will happen but that Taebong will do something cute to prove his feelings, I think the case will play into it. I also think that they might do a double wedding with both couples. Or TB and DJ could be maid of honor/best man, and they could be thinking in a few months that will be them, and it end showing the ring DJ is wearing, that would be sweet!!!

Guest n5y17cgirl

arielcc, I agree w/your analysis. I would be overwhelmed, too, if i were in DJ's shoes. DJ hates being a burden to others. I'm sure she said, "Let's break up," because she thought TB still loves Soojin, rather than because she wants TB to fight for her.

I have a few details I want to clarify...

1. What was the glowing yellow object in front of which Sedo proposed to Sunjoo?

2. Why are TB and DJ sleeping in separate rooms?

3. Why did TB's mom do a 180 and tell TB DJ is getting old so they should get married when at the start of the episode she told DJ TB needs to focus on his career and DJ would be a burden to TB if they got married, and made DJ promise her mom wouldn't try to make them marry? (I really hated TB's mom for that. :angry: But then she somehow started thinking for DJ?)

I didn't hate Soojin as much as I thought I would. She wasn't as unethically conniving and obnoxious as drama ex's tend to be. She was actually a really smart, charming, self-respecting, knows-what-she-wants-and-gets-it kind of girl -- the problem was she seemed to genuinely believe TB loved her and belonged to her, so she went for it in her unrelenting, lawyerish way. If TB had convinced her that he really didn't love her anymore, I don't think she would have clung to him. But TB softened the blow (even when he told her not to go see DJ again, he didn't get angry like Gijoong at his wife), probably because they are still good friends. (BTW, Lee Dahae's lawyer ex character in Sweet 18 was tons more manipulative and nasty, but even she had redeeming qualities.)

Actually... I'm not really sure why DJ said "let's break up" - the REAL reason. yes, she did preface it by saying that she was "tired" (emotionally & physically) which is understandable. I DON'T think it was so much b/c DJ thinks TB still loves SJ (I think deep in her heart she knows TB loves her but for whatever reason needs to hear him say it. and it's feeding into her insecurities by him NOT saying it when she needs to hear him say it - whether this is really fair is a whole other topic... And no matter how secure you are in your relationship, having your significant other's ex surfacing everywhere you turn doesn't help matters - on top of having 2 meddling mothers - can be enough to make any woman go crazy. And no, I'm not excusing or condoning what DJ said; just that it's understandable why she is so tired.) Also, I definitely don't think DJ is just saying this to "test" TB either; that's not the kind of person DJ is (unlike SJ, who did that very same thing when she & TB were together). but rather, I think it was a culmination of a bunch of things throughout the ep - i.e. she didn't want to be a burden or an 'obligation' to TB; and the fact that everyone and their mother were meddling in their lives (causing even more misunderstandings than necessary, IMO) throwing around the word 'marriage' and 'wedding' every chance they got.

As for your questions, cafeaulait:

1. I'm trying to remember which ep SD proposed to SJ so I can take a look... do you remember?

2. I believe they're sleeping in separate rooms b/c it's just nice to have your own space. And b/c they have different work schedules, I think it's just easier for the both of them. And even though they slept together once, DJ still is a conservative girl.

3. I don't think TB's mom did a complete 180 - I think DJ's been growing on her for awhile now - remember how she started missing DJ when DJ and TB were trying their hardest to win their moms over? that's when she first 정 드렀서 (started liking DJ) - she just won't admit it out loud. As for why she said what she said... I think part of it was a test; it was her way of testing DJ to see what she'll do. I mean, c'mon what potential mother-in-law calls DJ as much as she does?? And to a woman she claims she doesn't like and isn't right for her son? yes, she uses the excuse that she's just checking up on TB since TB won't talk to her, but really. If you notice, she doesn't say that the two of them can't ever get married, just not right now (part of her 'test') another indicator that her feelings for DJ has softened. But I think what ultimately catapulted her to tell TB to hurry up and get married was b/c of Soo Jin: 1) she knows what it's like to have another woman in the picture and realizes that SJ could be a potential problem for TB & DJ, esp. after what SJ says to her face about getting back together w/ TB, and that SJ was probably the reason why DJ sounded so tired over the phone; 2) she recognizes that TB & DJ really do care for/like each other and are good for each other; and 3) if she had to pick b/t having DJ or Soo jin as a daughter-in-law, she'd rather have DJ (besides the fact that she kind of likes DJ and is genuinely concerned for her ;) ). :lol: haha

I think both TB and DJ are 'old-fashioned' so to speak in that they still want their parents' blessings for the two of them to be together. Not that that will make a difference in terms of how they feel for each other, but... I can't help but feel that that's a tiny part of what was holding TB back from asking DJ to marry him (other than really bad timing).

thnx fashionista for the SS link - that was quick! :)

Don't forget DJ's running 'imagination' where she invisioned herself w/ how many kids after the marriage? Since it stemmed from her subconscious, could it also be a contributing factor as to why she might not be ready?

I know couples joke about having enough kids for a soccer team, but from the fan who took time in numbering the kids in that scene, that was just too many. How could DJ think that TB would want her to have that many?

Guest ccsg1

wow (that last ng) that kiss was getting hotter and hotter....what happened why did she stop like that? anyone can interpret please? thanks

Guest jangmishi012

Can someone upload ep 20 on youtube?

i got the megaupload link from someone in this thread. When I tried to download it, I couldn't open it!

Thanks sooo much!

Guest monoceros

I didn't hate Soojin as much as I thought I would. She wasn't as unethically conniving and obnoxious as drama ex's tend to be. She was actually a really smart, charming, self-respecting, knows-what-she-wants-and-gets-it kind of girl -- the problem was she seemed to genuinely believe TB loved her and belonged to her, so she went for it in her unrelenting, lawyerish way. If TB had convinced her that he really didn't love her anymore, I don't think she would have clung to him. But TB softened the blow (even when he told her not to go see DJ again, he didn't get angry like Gijoong at his wife), probably because they are still good friends. (BTW, Lee Dahae's lawyer ex character in Sweet 18 was tons more manipulative and nasty, but even she had redeeming qualities.)

Wow, how do you not hate Soo Jin? Agreed, she doesn't try to kill her love rival like kim tae hee did in Stairway to Heaven, but how can you not hate her arrogance. I don't think she's smart or charming, but definitely self-respecting, although that's the nice way of saying she's stuck up and conceited. Sometimes I think she has no shame or else she's just blind. She's still living in lala world after she broke up with tae bong. I dont'even understand why she wants him back, its not like she ever tried to look for him in the first place. I think she doesn't even like Tae Bong that much.

Maybe Tae Bong didn't flat out tell her to leave him alone, but you can't deny that she just doesn't take the hint.

What really annoys me though, is the way she talks. When she was talking to Dal Ja on the porch, she said something like, "If I had known you would feel so awkward, then I would have rejected the invitation." Yea...right. That was so fake it was disgusting. Maybe it's a good actress that can make an annoying character so extremely irritating, but actually I think the only facial expression this girl ever has is a smile. Which makes her more annoying.

I suppose I don't hate her, but she really irritates me. Why is it that side female characters are always so much more annoying than side male characters? It's not like all women are conniving, conceited, b*tches.

Guest simply_dream

Just watched ep 20, one thing i gotta say is that dalja is such a babo -_-" THEY WERE SO CLOSE! Except she had to spit out that line I am tired let's break up, i blame it on soojin, it was because she said 'the saddest thing about love is that you have to marry someone because of responsibility and not love', that line is what woman despise the most! ...oh darn, when i watched the making of the wedding i was like, is it real... and turn out not.. *sigh* sadly it's just another imagination scene.... but anyways if they dont drag it how it is gonna turn out to be like 22 eps... WAIT! 22 eps, meaning it's gonna be over next week?? UH OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! T.T i am gonna miss this so much!

i was watching the NG with the kiss in it and i realize something! in 1:28 chae rim wanted to pull away from the kiss but minki pulled her back and that was in the NG! XD i remember in the real thing that didnt happen XD HAHA i just thought that was MAJOR CUTE! and how chae rim got shy after kissing up, and minki's girly laugh and slap was JUST TOOO CUTE!!!!!

Guest ccsg1

i was watching the NG with the kiss in it and i realize something! in 1:28 chae rim wanted to pull away from the kiss but minki pulled her back and that was in the NG! XD i remember in the real thing that didnt happen XD HAHA i just thought that was MAJOR CUTE! and how chae rim got shy after kissing up, and minki's girly laugh and slap was JUST TOOO CUTE!!!!!

i thought thats what happened but wasn't 100% sure. can you blame him not wanting to pull away? too cute.

Guest cafeaulait

1. I'm trying to remember which ep SD proposed to SJ so I can take a look... do you remember?

I believe it was ep. 19, when Sunjoo follows the yellow roses to the theater/auditorium and she sees this yellow "thing" on the stage. Thanks, nsyncgirl!

What really annoys me though, is the way she talks. When she was talking to Dal Ja on the porch, she said something like, "If I had known you would feel so awkward, then I would have rejected the invitation." Yea...right. That was so fake it was disgusting. Maybe it's a good actress that can make an annoying character so extremely irritating, but actually I think the only facial expression this girl ever has is a smile. Which makes her more annoying.

I suppose I don't hate her, but she really irritates me. Why is it that side female characters are always so much more annoying than side male characters? It's not like all women are conniving, conceited, b*tches.

If I knew Soojin in real life, I wouldn't want to hang out with her, but I'd be really jealous of her. That's what I meant by smart and charming. Except for being delusional about TB still liking her, she does seem bright - after all, she is TB's colleague. The way she says unpleasant things so matter of factly and with a smile, yes, it's annoying, but there's something very light and airy about her manner that doesn't make her seem deeply malicious or twisted. I found GJ's ex-wife a lot scarier when she threatened DJ. Soojin seems to me like a girl who's always gotten what she wanted and expects it to be so. That's incredibly conceited, but given her circumstances, that's all she's experienced. Some degree of verbal backhandedness probably comes like second nature with her profession, but if she were really all that bad, I don't think TB would have been friends with her for such a long time. When she gets mad after being told off by TB's mom, she's like a child throwing a fit. That made me think she actually has an innocent side.

ive been anticipating MaWang since the plot looks good. the fact there's psychometry is involved is pretty kewl! at least i have something to watch on wed-thurs after this show ends.

but YET AGAIN.... im gonna miss this drama SOOOOOO MUCCCHHHH!!! :tears:

...and the wonderful people here lol

I'll also miss this drama and everyone here. :tears:

But it looks like we'll see each other again on the Mawang thread ^^ and maybe the H.I.T. thread.

Guest sunshine4ever

wow, it's like a century since i have been to this thread..lol

thanks so much for the updates for episode 1 chinese subs! yay! i wanted to download this for my friend, but i don't know chinese, so it was hard to go to chinese clubbox, and search for it. so thank you so much for the direct links. <333

creidesca, i watched (ending of) ep. 14 and the translation seemed quite short for me to even feel anything, hahaha. it sure is different from hearing people summarize for me. anyway, from now on i'll not read summaries.. it's better to wait for subs cuz i feel different when i hear actual translations than hearing a summary. I forgot that TB's birthday was so brief! She didn't even sing happy birthday, and he just blew the cake!

i'm still on ep. 7, it'll take me a while to catch up, but it's a good thing cuz i can then wait for the subs :)!

But it looks like we'll see each other again on the Mawang thread ^^ and maybe the H.I.T. thread.

Same here.. I've been thinking abt this drama the whole weekend. Like how TB's going to deal with DJ and how the whole drama will wrap up. I'm going to miss this drama so much, it's really sad. What am I going to do when this drama ends?? I won't get to see MK anymore.. :tears:

I've been thinking abt what to watch after this.. any good suggestion? Have to start diverting my attention so I don't get too sad when this ends.. :tears:

Guest arielcc

3. I don't think TB's mom did a complete 180 - I think DJ's been growing on her for awhile now - remember how she started missing DJ when DJ and TB were trying their hardest to win their moms over? that's when she first 정 드렀서 (started liking DJ) - she just won't admit it out loud. As for why she said what she said... I think part of it was a test; it was her way of testing DJ to see what she'll do. I mean, c'mon what potential mother-in-law calls DJ as much as she does?? And to a woman she claims she doesn't like and isn't right for her son? yes, she uses the excuse that she's just checking up on TB since TB won't talk to her, but really. If you notice, she doesn't say that the two of them can't ever get married, just not right now (part of her 'test') another indicator that her feelings for DJ has softened. But I think what ultimately catapulted her to tell TB to hurry up and get married was b/c of Soo Jin: 1) she knows what it's like to have another woman in the picture and realizes that SJ could be a potential problem for TB & DJ, esp. after what SJ says to her face about getting back together w/ TB, and that SJ was probably the reason why DJ sounded so tired over the phone; 2) she recognizes that TB & DJ really do care for/like each other and are good for each other; and 3) if she had to pick b/t having DJ or Soo jin as a daughter-in-law, she'd rather have DJ (besides the fact that she kind of likes DJ and is genuinely concerned for her ;) ). :lol: haha

I was thinking that the fact that she'd patched things up with TB's dad gave a boost too to her changed of perspective.

TB was the world to her and she had devoted her life just to plan out a perfect life for him (or so she thinks) - school, career etc...

in a way filling the void left by a non-existence, unloving husband.

I agree with you that TB's mom has gone on to like DJ in the process and now that she has her love life/marriage back in order :lol:

I don't think she would want her son to live a life like that of his parents for the past 27 years, being married to someone you don't love.

In her desperation to hold on to her son, she might not have been able to see that clearly

Now that she's finally receive reciprocation for her love and affection from her husband

she would have contentment in life like never before.

So she begin to be concerned for her son's happiness just as any now mother would be.

And the show down with SJ in the house was the best. I was like already feeling so bad for DJ and she totally surprised me!!

TB's mom ROCKS!! :D

I see a development in her character. That one of the reasons I like this drama. :wub: It all rounded. Good script and you see development in the supporting characters as well as the main. Excited that TB and DJ will be resolving the tension soon but terribly sad that's it's ending this week. :tears:

Guest babymarzy07

Hey guys, been AWOL for a while. Finally caught up. First of all, all the points made about DJ and TB what lead to the saying those words and what not are all very interesting, between the PRIDE and SELFISHNESS. I have pondered over the weekend how they will end this and how things would get resolved. Yeah, ill definitely have DJS withdrawal syndrome too. I love this drama really. This thread is great too! :) I love all the discussions, analysis and little sharings of thoughts we have. I'll miss it for sure! I think I'll be in the Hello Miss!, Witch Yoohee and Mawang thread. Im not so sure about HIT yet. I dont know if ill love those dramas as much too. hehhee

Guest cafeaulait

merging posts:

from cafeaulait

I've been thinking abt what to watch after this.. any good suggestion? Have to start diverting my attention so I don't get too sad when this ends.. :tears:

I hope this isn't off topic, but I've started watching Gokusen, a Japanese drama about a sweet-looking teacher who comes from a gangster family and starts teaching at a delinquent school. I haven't gotten far enough to say that I recommend it, but it looks good so far, and I've adore the manga on which it's based (which you can download here). The manga is hilarious and has some touching moments. Like DJS, the romance is between a somewhat naive older woman and a mature younger man, although in this case both are very young (23 and 18). The main male character has a family background somewhat like TB's, and (I don't think this is a huge spoiler, but just in case)

vies with a gangster lawyer for the heroine's love and eventually goes to college to become a lawyer himself...

BTW, the drama doesn't follow the manga plot.

So yeah, the drama's kind of old, but if you haven't seen it, it might be something to tide you over until the next big drama...

from babymarzy07:

I saw this :) its nice.. speaking of Jdorama's Hana Yori Dango 1&2 is good too.. for Taiwan Dramas I like Hana Kimi a lot now... im waiting for the other dramas on KBS and SBS so i hope it wont let down much..

Guest amane~matsuo

^

planning to see it once school ends for us here :D

btw in ep11,, when dj`s grandma found out about a man living with DJ, when she was looking everywhere the music was from the movie jaws! its the theme used in every scene in jaws where theres sharks looming around and now am imagining DJ`s granny as a shark and TB is the poor victim, heehee. twas soo hilarious~~ and it was my brother who took notice that it was jaws theme. ^ㅇ^

Jaws Theme

Archived