[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ccsg1

The heroine of the moment in episode 20 for me is TB's mom. It takes a woman to understand how another woman feels. I love how she put her foot down & decide to put SJ in her place once & for all by confirming DJ & TB's relationship in front of the family and SJ. It's a pity DJ didn't get to see SJ being put into her place. If only she hadn't taken bait at what the ex was saying to her.

I agree.

i am very sad that this drama is ending. i think its an important show and should continue. its too short. the storylines are so good to all end in 2 more episodes. :tears:

Guest arielcc

Actually, I was quite lost after watching Ep20. It left me feeling so heavy and extremely, extreme sad. :tears: I can even begin to say who I felt more sorry for, TB, for being rejected this way, at the point when he was going to make the happiest preposition of his life, or DJ, for all the pain and turmoil she must have felt before concluding that she’s fighting a losing battle for a man who’s having a change of heart.

So the answer is.... I don't know. But it's clear from actions alone that, whatever he felt for Su Jin, it's totally different from what he feels for Dal Ja. Tae Bong's really become an adult lately, learning from Dal Ja and his father... So the way I see it, whatever "love" used to mean for him, it now means something different, more. Love isn't just the infatuated feeling you get, it also ties into devotion and commitment and responsibility...

I think Javabeans you summed it up very nicely. Ep19 was about "Living as a man... that’s the way it is" and it seemed that one big part of it has to do with taking up the responsibility and position to lead and to provide in a relationship and in this case TB's final decision to return to law career. Isn't it widely true in the society at large? The designated role of a man as the head of the household, provider, protector of those he loves at home.

Ep20 “Living As A Woman... That's The Way It Is” From the start of the episode till the end, there seemed to be this constant theme of marriage. Usually for woman, even those with a successful career, the parental and even society’s concern is usually about marriage.

I think the 2 episode also showed us how different it is between a man and a woman. The pressure that one often faces as a man is that if you have carved out a success career and for a women, if you have settled down in a good marriage.

Coming back to DJ & TB, only if DJ had remained the gutsy lady like 2 episodes before, when she trashed ‘TB’ on the phone about his Ex-gf coming to stake claim on him (before she realized it was the nurse calling abt TB’s accident). But then there was this downward spiral ...

After the accident she realized that she loved TB…

-perhaps realizing that made her feel more vulnerable.. she probably would be curious to know if TB feels the same way cos it would mean so much to her. But you can’t ask for these things.. Then TB sacrificed his dream (at least for the moment), returned to law, both met the parents, all are happy and though still the confession of love didn’t come, the action does speak a lot.

The day the conversation stopped…

-TB’s work got busy with the Handa’s case, he often had to stay late. When SJ was making all the claims about TB & herself, DJ was angry at her audacity. I don’t think DJ bought what she said.

-Then right after, DJ found out that TB conveniently left out the fact that he was working with SJ

-DJ went to visit him pass midnight only to find SJ cozying up to TB. No matter what retort TB gave to SJ about that they should be working, the fact remain that he let her continue to rest on his shoulders!! For what 5minutes?! :crazy: Was it too petty of DJ to jump into conclusion? I seriously wouldn’t know what to think if I was in her position. Any trust in TB feelings for her would be shaken by now. To TB, he can allow SJ to get her way with her cozy-up moves because it doesn’t mean a thing. But to DJ, the only reason TB would allow it is because it still means something to him.

After meeting DJ in the Handa office, TB knew DJ was affected and he explained and made it clear that he can’t tell about his work and is not going to and then there’s nothing between him and SJ. It doesn't resolve the issue. TB got to learn that women need assurance and tender loving care (at least for DJ to know that his going back to work has nothing to do with SJ) and DJ that she has to verbalize her insecurities in order to find answers. While men can remained very detached, women at large are very emotional being. So maybe more than words DJ may need a hug and just some assurance to ease the doubts away. Is DJ placing too much burden on TB? Being too whimpy, can’t she just do it right by confronting? But that’s just the way we are wired, God had made each sex differently, as a man and as a women, when reacting to such situation. And when a man and woman fall in love, they begin to work out these communication skills, learning to know what makes the other tick and see things from each other's point of view. And then try to find a leverage between our difference expectations of each other. I am married. But TB and DJ just got started. My husband and I are still not half way through working all our differences. It'll probably take a lifetime. But the relationship deepens with each hurdle U cross. But that's also essential how a woman complement a a man. :) DJ and TB just have so much to learn about each other, about how to relate and how to love and also the need to clearly express. Having said that I’ve also learned a few things for myself from their mistakes. :sweatingbullets:

Love makes you feel vulnerable and even more so when you do not know if the other person feel the same way. So TB doesn’t see it coming… When DJ’s last ounce of self confidence was shredded at the dinner in TB’s house, if TB could have done something to reassure DJ that he’s still for her then perhaps she would not have been so despondent. I was thinking he could gave DJ some of her favourite food right after his Ex gave him his, u know, just to made his stand clear in a most discreet manner.

So, frankly, I don’t think DJ was doing the breakup thing to intentionally make him fight for her. I think DJ thought TB was going to do it anyway. He’d never said he loved her and by the looked of things he seemed to have a change of heart. Even his parents seemed to be lobbying for SJ and DJ don’t seemed to be good enough for him anymore. She didn’t know better but I really think she wanted to break up for good. I think it was a most painful thing to do because she loved him.... :tears:

So living as a woman… the way it is... there are so many DJs out there who have so much insecurities, assumptous, overly sensitive, sometime rash and irrational, full of vivid imaginations, can easily turn green, full of expectations, hungry for love, often heavy maintenance because we require much tender loving care, can devote hours on discussion on some fictional drama characters with gusto :rolleyes: …. but it is also very much in our capacity to feel that often allow us to grow into loving wives, compassionate mother, filial daughter, faithful friend, wise bosses, thoughful colleague and the list goes on… to the many hats that a woman wear. So cheers to the women!!! :D

Guest monoceros

digressing from that topic of whether dal ja or tae bong was a fault for a bit,

was anyone impressed by chae rim's acting in ep 20? I thought it was beautiful, reminded me a lot of lee dae hee's acting in My girl.

It's amazing, really, when an actress has to convey sadness and exhaustion when her character is essentially comical. When I saw Dal Jatearing up because she was so tired, I felt very sad with her.

Honestly, so what if she gives up on Tae Bong because of her insecurities? Don't we all let insecurities get the better of us sometimes.

What I liked about that scene where Dal Ja was crying and asking Tae Bong to break up her emotion. There were tears, but she wasn't bawling.

I loved that scene. ^_^

As for who was at fault, it's okay. This show is biased anyway. It's from Dal Ja's point of view. We don't really know if Tae Bong was completely unselfish or not, and sometimes I almost feel like Tae Bong is almost always right. (Isn't that how it always is in k-dramas? the guy is cool but always right?)

Guest mzsmiley

digressing from that topic of whether dal ja or tae bong was a fault for a bit,

was anyone impressed by chae rim's acting in ep 20? I thought it was beautiful, reminded me a lot of lee dae hee's acting in My girl.

It's amazing, really, when an actress has to convey sadness and exhaustion when her character is essentially comical. When I saw Dal Jatearing up because she was so tired, I felt very sad with her.

Honestly, so what if she gives up on Tae Bong because of her insecurities? Don't we all let insecurities get the better of us sometimes.

What I liked about that scene where Dal Ja was crying and asking Tae Bong to break up her emotion. There were tears, but she wasn't bawling.

I completely agree .. Chae Rim is simply the best there is. Her talent is undeniable.. I lost count of how many times I've cried and laugh along with her throughout this series.. I will be so sad when this series end next week :tears::tears::tears:

Guest cafeaulait

arielcc, I agree w/your analysis. I would be overwhelmed, too, if i were in DJ's shoes. DJ hates being a burden to others. I'm sure she said, "Let's break up," because she thought TB still loves Soojin, rather than because she wants TB to fight for her.

I have a few details I want to clarify...

1. What was the glowing yellow object in front of which Sedo proposed to Sunjoo?

2. Why are TB and DJ sleeping in separate rooms?

3. Why did TB's mom do a 180 and tell TB DJ is getting old so they should get married when at the start of the episode she told DJ TB needs to focus on his career and DJ would be a burden to TB if they got married, and made DJ promise her mom wouldn't try to make them marry? (I really hated TB's mom for that. :angry: But then she somehow started thinking for DJ?)

I didn't hate Soojin as much as I thought I would. She wasn't as unethically conniving and obnoxious as drama ex's tend to be. She was actually a really smart, charming, self-respecting, knows-what-she-wants-and-gets-it kind of girl -- the problem was she seemed to genuinely believe TB loved her and belonged to her, so she went for it in her unrelenting, lawyerish way. If TB had convinced her that he really didn't love her anymore, I don't think she would have clung to him. But TB softened the blow (even when he told her not to go see DJ again, he didn't get angry like Gijoong at his wife), probably because they are still good friends. (BTW, Lee Dahae's lawyer ex character in Sweet 18 was tons more manipulative and nasty, but even she had redeeming qualities.)

Just a quick post: there are some discrepancies in episode 16 softsubs, and so I just posted a revised version one.

Please redownload, especially if you're that in love with this drama.. :lol:

Episode 16 - revised version subs

*loving the discussion... keep 'em coming!*

a few more days till the last two episodes of Dalja's Spring...

anyone planning to watch it live? =D

Guest ripgal

Aiks..I've just seen ep 19 and 20. And honestly speaking, I was a bit disappointed with Dal Ja asking to break up with Tae Bong. I actually understand her plight. A 30+ year old woman who seeks for security and assurance in a relationship, when she knows she's against someone younger and more compatible with her partner. But I didn't think the ep showed enough of DJ being insecure or worried about their relationship, to actually induce her to initiate a breakup. Of course, TB was partially at fault for not pushing Soo Jin away altho he knew SJ was up to something. Plus he didn't explain or talk to DJ about SJ meeting her. It's understandable that DJ would suffer from negative imaginations and assumptions, thinking that she might be just a "responsibility" that TB wants to take because of his past actions. But I was kinda disappointed because she had acted the same way female leads in Kdrama would normally act in this situation. I thought she could be more firm after she got assurance from her mother and TB's parents. Weren't their parents' objections their biggest obstacle before? :unsure: Maybe it's just me, but I thought the break up was kinda like rushed? SJ had actually appeared maybe once or twice with TB in ep 20 and Dal Ja's already not confident that their relationship can push thru? It's like all TB has done, his efforts in reassuring his love ~ all of them wasted because DJ goes and believe crap from an Ex :crazy: (She watches TV dramas right? She should know EXes are always like that..:lol:)

And about the issue of saying I Love You. I like how the drama addressed this aspect of a relationship. I am not that expert in love relationships, but this drama has actually enlightened me on certain aspects of love, in which actions may not always speak louder than words. I am not sure if those 3 words are really important in a relationship, but if I were in Dal Ja's shoes, it would definitely be a ticket of assurance. However, I did wonder, what if Tae Bong did say he loved Dal Ja? Would his words negate every possible negative assumption on Dal Ja's side? Would Soo Jin's words still affect her trust towards Tae Bong, even if he did say he loved her (DJ)?

As for Soo Jin, I don't really hate her. Altho she annoys me with her continuous rants about how she understands TB and blah blah blah, I don't find myself hating her. Like someone said, she thinks TB still loves her that's all. TB is not the same person anymore. I think she's just trying to find the old TB...she knows she can't, but she tries hard. That's why she tells DJ all the stuff about herself and TB..maybe a glimpse of hope for her?

Anywayz, Chae Rim was really impressive as Dal Ja. I'm so gonna miss her..:( 2 more eps to go..

Guest ovette

wowi really had a hard time following the thread.. so many insights!! it's so nice to hear how others think of the drama..

i also didnt understand at first why DalJa wanted a breakup.. one episode she was telling TaeBong how she loved him, then the next episode she wanted to just end it all..

but reading all your threads really helped me change my perspective.

i began to understand more what was going on in DalJa and TaeBong's mind.

both are indeed at fault here. :)

i think the sleeping together is based on the situation. that night DalJa closed the door on him. how could he possible barge in, so he had no choice but to sleep in his room lol

i also want to comment.. ChaeRim's realistic acting has always been the best. everytime she cries i can really empathize with her character. she's a gem.

See, I couldn't agree with Dal-ja's argument on this. Tae-bong isn't just trying to make his dream come true. He's trying to make it come true on his own terms, through his own strength and effort. And taking the easy way out to do that feels...not entirely whole-hearted.

Tae-bong has been pampered and babied his entire life. He ran away from home and his job specifically to suffer, to learn more about life from a different perspective, and by doing so, to become a better and stronger person. (By the way, I don't think his living with Dal-ja was ever meant to "rely" on her...After all, he got his own jobs. And I think the only reason he moved in in the first place was in order to get closer to Dal-ja. No other reason.) It's very nice and kind and natural of Dal-ja to not want him to suffer, but by stopping that, from his perspective, isn't she sort of stunting his personal growth?

In the end, Tae-bong returned to the law. But it wasn't because he chose to take the easy way out. It's because he loves Dal-ja, and decided to live as a "responsible man". And if we think about his desire to suffer, and how he gave that desire up, then his sacrifice becomes even greater, and, in my eyes, he becomes an even greater person. Yup, I love Tae-bong, all right. :sweatingbullets:

I liked it when she forked out money from her marriage fund, etc. And I understand why she doesn't want TB to suffer. And I truly think that plays a part in it. But I don't buy that she completely accepted him as the penniless man that he was. If these episodes were supposed to highlight that, then I obviously missed something. I saw a distinct greed and worry about what society may think in her actions. She may have emptied out her marriage fund for him, but when he returned to the law firm, she was absolutely overjoyed, NOT because he wasn't going to suffer anymore, but because it's a "law firm" (as she highlighted very well in that Rocky parody). So I would have to disagree with the idea that she accepted TB the Pauper 100%.

LOL, yeah, I thought that was odd, too. :lol:

But she seemed surprised when he showed up out of the blue in front of her house like that. And she told SD in one conversation that he's going overseas because she told him to, and implied that her father is overreacting. No, I think that her dad was just testing SD for the fun of it...you know, fathers love tormenting their daughters' lovers. :rolleyes:

For a single woman in her 30s who comes from a pretty conservative background to willingly give up her marriage fund for a man that she's not been going out for a very long.. seems pretty much like acceptance to me. The older we get, the more set we are in our own ways. We're use to the way we live, the way we want things our own ways and doing things on our own. But once there is someone else in the our lives, we hv to think not just for ourselves but also for the other person. For DJ to take out the money, she's thinking of TB and she doesn't mind scarificing if it means TB will have an easier road.

I agree that she worry too much sometimes. But don't we all? I'm not justifying all her actions, I'm just saying I understand her insecurity. Love can sustain you through a lot of things but love alone is not going to make everything works. I do think that DJ is selfish in the beginning when she wanted to push TB back to the law firm. Having said that, I did feel she was a bit too "happy" when TB decided to return to law.

And I think TB running away from home is also very self-indulgent on his part. He came from a good family where he doesn't have to worry about putting food on the table.. which is why he can run away to "learn about harder things in life". But seriously, there are a lot of other ways to do that. Good thing is he finally learn to take responsibility of his life and the happines of those who cares about him. He's a gem from the start.. so patient and understanding.. but he is more complete... he's found the woman that he loves and the responsibility that comes with loving this woman.

Oh, and I kinda like that they sleep in separate rooms. It's like just coz DJ slept with him once is not an indication that she'll want to sleep with him all the time. Plus separate rooms will give a bit more personal space to sort things out, no? :)

Guest gracie4eva444

i dont think its because of Dalja's insecurities that shes breaking up with TB. its cause she thinks hes with her because of the "obligation", like SJ told her, and now she thinks of it more after finding out her mom told TB about the marriage thing. So now she thinks he feels obligated to do so because in her mind hes still "in love with SJ". But in reality TB had that stupid box with the ring in it throughout the whole episode. the day when they "fought" or stopped talking. I definitely cried through the whole episode. at first because i hated the mom, then joyful tears for the mom telling SJ off(whew), and then because i felt so bad for DJ and then at the end for TB AND DJ because.. well u know. :tears:

:lol: but anyways i love this drama more than other ones cause DJ just tells it like it is. other dramas just frustrate me SO much when the lovers dont tell each other stuff and they get all mad at each other because of some misunderstandings and etc. etc. Except for this last episode, DJ does what she needs to do . khekhe. i <3 her.

Guest gracepark

Wow.. it's amazing people here are posting in-depth analysis of the drama.. I wish the author could see this.. and all the other Korean fans, too..^^ (in translated version, of course;) I live in the States.. I've been frequenting Dalja's Spring kbs main homepage, being addicted to the show.. then I visited the parody section and someone had sorta copy-n-pasted (is that how you do it with pictures, too?) something from Dalja gallery at dcinside website.. so I flew over there to have a look and someone called dejavu was posting video clips and stuff with comments in English there.. (from soompi) That reminded me, I should check out soompi again, it's been a while.. and you guys are having all these deep and serious discussions.. it's pretty amazing..^^

Can't believe the drama's ending..

kinda looking forward to the next drama, too .. "ma wang" not because of the guys in it, or the other drama called bu-hwal or resurrection.. but cuz of the girl... Shin min ah.. I'm her fan from watching ijuksa... she's a good actress..

neeways..

I love dalja like crazy, too..

Chae rim's such a good actress.. ever since she started acting using her real, full name, Park Chae Rim till now I always thought she was a good actress...

people were commenting on how her face (eyes, esp.) changed and it's the backlash or side effects from too much plastic surgery, whatever...;

but no matter what it is.. her acting's still superb!

(sometimes it's sad to think that good actresses with good acting skills and good looks already feel insecure enough to keep on having surgeries.. though I can't guarantee that's what happened with chae rim)

lot of Korean people were disappointed that DJ had to even mention breaking off with TB at the end of ep.20, too...

but everybody knows it's bound to be a happy ending..^^ (though some people seemed worried.. but I'm not..^^;)

well...

I guess I was a random intruder..

just wanted to drop in and say hi and.. keep surfing?

^^

Guest ovette

cute!! so there were 20 kids all in all!.. the author sure did a good job at counting all of em!

wow kiss NGs!! im sooo excited to see it lol

can someone please tell me what episode the bathroom scene is in? :)

the bathroom scene in the picture is in episode 13... the first parts there :)

aww.... seeing those pictures again makes me miss the smiles i see whenever DalJa and TaeBong are together....

Guest xbeybidollx

i think the bathroom episode is ep13?I HOPE IM RIGHT IF NOT sorry... anyways i luv allt he comments here... i just finished watching ep16 coz thats the episode with english subs yet so im still waiting for the next episodes but i saw the previews up uo tp ep20 and oh gosh after reading all the comments here im so really eager to watch ep17-20 arghhh but guess i have to wait till they release the subs for it...wow tb and dj will break up on ep20:( so sad but its trendy in korean dramas the main lead break up and makes up in the end right? ;)

i luv this drama i began to luv Lee Min Ki in this drama before i saw him in I Really Relly Like You KDrama but i lasted in ep2 only but i do luv Eugene too while waiting for the next episodes im planning to watch it again coz i wanted to see Lee Min Ki hehehe he is not that really typical handsome face in korean guys but he has this unique expression,smile and serious look that i adore... i read an interview of him when he guested before in xman series that he ended up always with a guy partner that he thinks that girls dont dig his looks .... (well dont think that way Min Ki for me ur one of the most adorable guy i luv in korean actors and we are the same age too LOL if i will wish a dream is to be with u LOL) Aja Aja Fighting!! Congrats i heard Dal Ja Spring Ratings is really impressive.. so sad it will end soon thanks .... what other Korean Dramas other would highly recommend??? thanks

Guest amane~matsuo

I didn't hate Soojin as much as I thought I would. She wasn't as unethically conniving and obnoxious as drama ex's tend to be. She was actually a really smart, charming, self-respecting, knows-what-she-wants-and-gets-it kind of girl -- the problem was she seemed to genuinely believe TB loved her and belonged to her, so she went for it in her unrelenting, lawyerish way. If TB had convinced her that he really didn't love her anymore, I don't think she would have clung to him. But TB softened the blow (even when he told her not to go see DJ again, he didn't get angry like Gijoong at his wife), probably because they are still good friends.

yes, I agree about that, cafeaulait~

I thought am gonna hate her~~ too much, but its not that. yea she's kinda annoying and all but in reality she's really smart and charming for a fact.

(BTW, Lee Dahae's lawyer ex character in Sweet 18 was tons more manipulative and nasty, but even she had redeeming qualities.)

funny thing is -- she made me remember too about the role Lee Da Hae played as lawyer in sweet 18~ smart, pretty and charming and clingy but more conniving really heehee.

Guest ovette

i think the bathroom episode is ep13?I HOPE IM RIGHT IF NOT sorry... anyways i luv allt he comments here... i just finished watching ep16 coz thats the episode with english subs yet so im still waiting for the next episodes but i saw the previews up uo tp ep20 and oh gosh after reading all the comments here im so really eager to watch ep17-20 arghhh but guess i have to wait till they release the subs for it...wow tb and dj will break up on ep20:( so sad but its trendy in korean dramas the main lead break up and makes up in the end right? ;)

i luv this drama i began to luv Lee Min Ki in this drama before i saw him in I Really Relly Like You KDrama but i lasted in ep2 only but i do luv Eugene too while waiting for the next episodes im planning to watch it again coz i wanted to see Lee Min Ki hehehe he is not that really typical handsome face in korean guys but he has this unique expression,smile and serious look that i adore... i read an interview of him when he guested before in xman series that he ended up always with a guy partner that he thinks that girls dont dig his looks .... (well dont think that way Min Ki for me ur one of the most adorable guy i luv in korean actors and we are the same age too LOL if i will wish a dream is to be with u LOL) Aja Aja Fighting!! Congrats i heard Dal Ja Spring Ratings is really impressive.. so sad it will end soon thanks .... what other Korean Dramas other would highly recommend??? thanks

yep that's episode 13.. during the first minutes of the show.

i watched LMK in IRRLY too but i didnt notice how adorable he was till DalJa's Spring. i think it's more of how his character is being played. he's a total hottie here that's why i liked him. now i care so much to seeing him in shows like heroine 6. now i know how funny he can really be. now, im really looking forward to his other works.

dalja has great ratings.. and im expecting it to be higher since it's down to its last 2 episodes :tears:

ive been anticipating MaWang since the plot looks good. the fact there's psychometry is involved is pretty kewl! at least i have something to watch on wed-thurs after this show ends.

but YET AGAIN.... im gonna miss this drama SOOOOOO MUCCCHHHH!!! :tears:

...and the wonderful people here lol

Guest ovette

i think it's more of selfishness as what one of the posters said. i kinda think KiJeong also liked DalJa because of the competition he had with TaeBong. if youd really see the events before the time he saw TaeBong in DalJa's house, he wasnt that assertive to really pursue the relationship. he established some kind of connection yes, but to really say that he WANTS to have a relationship with DalJa, that came only after the deal he had with TaeBong. i though it was the urge to win. to be in competition, and knowing KiJeong who is very business minded, focused on his work and very much in a competitive world.

same is true for SuJin, SuJin also wanted TaeBong back knowing there's another girl he likes. it wasnt love at all. it was for the feeling of accomplishment. i felt that she was just testing her powers as to where it could go, and if she could steal him from DalJa. luckily SHE DIDNT!

Guest amane~matsuo

^

yes, it can also be PRIDE just like what Seon Ju said to Ki Jeong when he asked for help about DJ.

Well, she's just too confident knowing she was TB`s first love~ so she think sshe can swoon him over again. Luckily TB had already moved on, thank goodness! and DJ has to realize he's for real ^____^

Archived