[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

both DJ and TB wear rings...they look the same too...did they buy it together

This drama is getting so sad :tears:

I can understand why DJ's breaking up with TB. She feels she doesnt fit into his world. She's getting tired day by day. And she's not sure of TB's feeling and his family seems to like TB's ex more. Then she thinks about her age and what's best for TB so she decided to give up. Like SJ says, it's all about choices.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest makemyday

to side-track, i really love the way TB wears that ring on his index finger!! is it a TB style or LMK style? it's so cool. i wonder how he does it, with the ring fixed so firmly at just that awkward position. i think i am already experiencing both TB/LMK withdrawal fits...

its not like a regular ring i dont think.

its not a slip in.

rather, it has a buckle on one side to readjust the size. so he probably pulled it tight so it would fit well?

i cant imagine that being comfortable on my own finger

but i still like the way it looks on lee minki

and i have absolutely no willpower whatsoever and read every single spoiler.

man, i suck.

watching the HQ and it looks like TB was in the process of popping the question/saying the words leading into, but DJ stops him to say that she wants to break up...don't tell me she was thinking he wants a split? Because it looks like how he started off saying was something along the lines of 'I don't know how to say this..."?? should TB had managed to get the proposal out of his mouth, I think DJ would still have rejected him because she'd think he'd only done it because her mom went to him.

Dal Ja's Spring EP 20 HQ [sun-rip]

dljssprlnge20hdtvxvidsufn4.jpg

dljssprlnge20hdtvxvidsuxj4.jpg

dljssprlnge20hdtvxvidsuqn8.jpg

avail @ my CB: http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

side note: the ring MK wears is completely studded all around, I think he has something under the ring? a type of cloth/cushion?

Guest Solly

oh i hope they don't break up. that is the LEAST thing i would want to see.

gah! i thought tae bong was going to lose his memory, but they sure did

surprise us! haha. the caps above look so tempting. can't wait to watch it!

I think we may be jumping to conclusions. They may not break-up afterall. As in the past episoes, the producers are trying to create some suspense and leave us hanging at the end of the episode as in 17 last week. I am hoping that ep 20 would start with TB grabbing DJ by the arm and stop the breakup. Well, we'' see.

Guest fashionista

I think we may be jumping to conclusions. They may not break-up afterall. As in the past episoes, the producers are trying to create some suspense and leave us hanging at the end of the episode as in 17 last week. I am hoping that ep 20 would start with TB grabbing DJ by the arm and stop the breakup. Well, we'' see.

the TB that broke up with his ex would just let her go, but the TB that we've come to know over the last 20 episodes would indeed grab DJ by the arm and tell her how crazy breaking up would be. it's obvious he loves her...now, if only he can "convince" her of that...

i agree with credeisca that even if TB was able to get the proposal out, DJ would have turned him down. she's too insecure about the relationship to think anything of the proposal other than TB giving in to pressure from her mom.

Guest *sayuri*

+Wahhhh.......this week episodes is so intense.....:D There are some sweet moments but also some sad moments as well....;) I can't believe the drama going to end next week....I really don't want this drama to end..... :tears:

BTW, below is episode 19 for those who still need it.....:)

Episode 19: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WSJ03I3L

Guest lotteworld

oh gosh, the ending of Ep20 sounds exciting (and sad)! havn't watch it yet :( (sigh) -- i'm having a hard time watching it live today! the stream is lagging badly!! Really want to see the last 10 minute as all of you guys hv said, Haha, read all the spoilers once I got back from schooL (can't help myself, hvn't even pull my contact off yet, which I usually does once I get bk home... LoL :))! TaeBong w/ suit.. Just wanna say "Wow...!!" (espciallyyyy the one which he is holding the ring... :)

And... the ring he is wearing... I purposely try to wear a ring like that few days ago!! (really hard to find a ring that is smaller than my finger size... But... too addicted with the drama...)... and it is really not that Comfy to wear a ring like that (plus the ring is those hard circle type)!! Espcially when I need to write something... it is just really hard to bend my finger on the pen.... ^^'' So I guess the one that TB is wearing is properly a soft leather type ring with adjustable size; as my immortality pts out b4... :) But it is just lookkkk so nice on him~

--(**causal ring + formal suit**)--

Anyway, getting a little confuse here, someone has pointed out that TB has already bought the ring before DJ's mom went to talk to him... But I was reading another post, and someone said TB plan to give the ring to DJ after DJ's mom went to talk to him? ..... So, does that mean although TB bought the ring, but he doesn't hv the courage to give to DJ?

V

V

V

edit: "finally finished watching EP20" [thks Creidesca for the HQ] gosh... it was a "feel like" quick episode... and yes yes... I was like "yeh!!" when the ex-GF factor is finally ended!!... and I think it was TB's car key that he gave to his ex. because he than said I can take the bus doesn't matter. But I was wondering what did TB's mom said in the living room infront of everybody that made the ex-GF so mad. [i guess is somthing related to she agree TB&DJ's marriage...?] and yes I don't think there is a good time for TB to propose until the last scene, where DJ said breakup (too many misunderstands... thanks to the Handa's merger conflicts)...!!

but one scene though, that I don't really like is, I wish UKJ has said, "Dalja... ..." when he saw her infront of TB's office... So TB will actually know she is outside, and "did something perhaps...~*" [his ex is just so annoying, thanks god is over now... the way she talks and her voice just bother me so much, every time I see her w/ TB]

little on the side... kind of missed the way TB wears the 'black sleeve thingy' that covered until his hand... although the suit looks sooo great!! LoL

--(**causal ring + formal suit**)--

Anyway, getting a little confuse here, someone has pointed out that TB has already bought the ring before DJ's mom went to talk to him... But I was reading another post, and someone said TB plan to give the ring to DJ after DJ's mom went to talk to him? ..... So, does that mean although TB bought the ring, but he doesn't hv the courage to give to DJ?

I don't think there was a real good time anywhere in this episode before the ending of it where TB could actually propose to DJ. The night he took out the ring box for the first time, was the day DJ learned that he was involved w/ the Handa Home Shopping merger and misunderstandings just kept following from then on.

I was all a smiles when TB came out smiling when he and ex-GF stepped out from his home...he handing her money to take the taxi home! The ex-GF factor is now out of the picture

and i have absolutely no willpower whatsoever and read every single spoiler.

man, i suck.

Same here!!!! I get in here the first chance I get to read ALL the summaries and discussions on the new episodes. And by the time Javabeans comes up with the summary, it's almost as if I've seen the episode with actually "watching" it. LOL.. but it's fun though.

Ep 20 sounds so sad.. I'm getting sad just reading the forum.

ooh really? but it really looks like there's no leather/cloth stuff under that ring, cos it's so tightly fitted.

but i agree with lotteworld, it must be hard to find a ring that fit on a top part of the index finger.

though casual black long sleeves are nice, but ring + formal suit = melt heart <3

sigh, yah it's already the last two episodes(i'm still so sad thinking about this!), TB will probably hold DJ and stop the breakup. I hope he already change so drastically, cos his ex did comment that he didn't feel like the same again, when she did the teasing part.. so probably his way of expressing love will hopefully have changed for the better... :P

Guest simply_dream

awwww noooooooooo dalja breaking up with taeboong T.T i came here expecting some happy things... but it's ok.. it will be a happy ending... RIGHT? RIGHTTTT?? anyways i agree with someone when they said that taeboong seems to close up about his feeling... and he is not sure if he love dalja... but then she told him she love him, and he said nothing back... and it also bothered me how when his ex asked 'do you love her?' and he couldnt answer her! and the ex blabs on about how he can love only her... ohh please woman, get over urself... but yeaa.... T.T

anticipating to watch the ep altho it's gonna be sad, THANKS FOR THE LINKS GUYS!

Guest Dahee Fanel

Whoo! Finally caught up with this thread...

I found episodes nineteen and twenty to be vastly irritating. Wait, let me scratch that. They were entertaining episodes (I loved the SD and SJ parts), yes, and I still love this drama, but they had certain aspects to them that made me grind my teeth and want to bite someone - preferably DJ (or TB's ex, either one).

Yes, I am angry at DJ. Everyone here seems to be on her side, but I'm on TB's, 100%. To put it harshly: she is being an idiot. She is jumping to conclusions, and refusing to take any more risks simply because those risks have hurt her in the past (but did they really? Did they really hurt her? Didn't they bring her happiness overall? Didn't they help her not to regret the past? Didn't they bring her TB?). TB has done nothing really wrong that I can see, except for not saying "I love you". But that's a deep, painful problem that he has, and it won't be solved so easily just because she wants it to be solved. She's just thinking of herself, her own desire for him to say the words (which, in my opinion, really aren't too necessary, considering his actions). She isn't thinking about his feelings, about whether he's ready for that vocalization of love. She's listening to his incredibly self-absorbed ex instead of him. She's listening to her own insecurities, instead of him. What kind of love is that? How is she any better than, say, SJ? Wait, let me rephrase that - SJ is way better than her!

Has she forgotten everything he has done so far to prove that he loves her? He even went back to the law firm for her!! (An incredible sacrifice that made me love TB even more, but also made me cry for him.) And then, since the decision he made caused her to be lonely and unsure of herself, she says "Let's break up." Just like that! Was their relationship so flimsy that she could say that so easily? Just because she's having it hard? But isn't TB having it hard, too? And it's her fault! She's the one who greedily (yes, greedily! Remember, her first reaction when he pulled up in his huge car and told her he returned to law wasn't "Oh, is this really what he wants? Is he okay?". That only came much later. No, her first reaction was a big, fat, goofy, stupid grin! It made me physically sick to see her fawning over his car, to see her mom accepting TB the Lawyer with open arms!) wanted him to go back to the law, and once he does so, she finds out that there are negative consequences to that decision. So she suffers from it. But is her suffering really that important? It's a suffering based on misunderstandings, and based on her own fears. Does she really have the right to hurt this guy by saying those words? I think not.

Episode twenty was titled "Living As A Woman...Is Like That". Episode nineteen showed the sacrifices that men have to make in their lives. (And, incidentally, it made me feel more for men that I ever have before. There is seriously something wrong with society if men are expected to shoulder all the financial burdens and responsibilities. And there is something wrong with a society where women advocate men to do this for them.) Thus, it makes sense to think that the women in episode twenty were making their own mistakes, and suffering. I think DJ's behaviour in this episode shows some patterns to some women's behaviour that really need to be fixed. Yes, I understand how she feels. I understand why she's doing all this. But I also think that it's completely unnecessary, and that she's causing herself undo harm. Why worry so much? Why suffer? She needs to have greater self-confidence, and she needs to trust her man more. She doesn't have to think up imaginary scenarios and imagine that things are a lot worse than they are. She just needs to...accept. To trust. And I think that for most women, acceptance and trust are some of the hardest things we ever have to do.

I'm probably being judgmental. I do understand the logic of TB returning to the law, and the sacrifices one has to make for love, and the pain that DJ is feeling right now. But this is how I honestly felt. My heart bleeds for TB right now. Perhaps they won't break up. But DJ has already hurt him with her foolish words. Perhaps more than she will ever know.

Guest javabeans

Episode 20: "What It Is To Live As A Woman"

0000gj3.jpg

Dal Ja is summoned by her mother and grandmother, who tell her to hurry and fix a wedding date. Dal Ja objects, saying they've never discussed it before, but her mother insists she's not getting any younger. They're already living like a married couple anyway.

Dal Ja then gets summoned by Tae Bong's mother, who tells her she'd better not push for marriage right now. There's a time and place for everything, and right now Tae Bong needs to focus on work.

0017ly2.jpg

0019hq2.jpg

At home, Dal Ja's unusually quiet, wondering if she should bring up marriage, or leave it alone. Tae Bong is equally quiet, having found out about Handa Home Shopping's upcoming merger, and wonders if he should tell Dal Ja. They wrestle with their dilemmas separately.

0029zp2.jpg

At work, Dal Ja's co-workers find out the merger rumors were true, and worry over the impending layoffs that are sure to come. As soon as the big meeting is over, they all rush to observe, and everyone's shocked to see Tae Bong there, Dal Ja most of all. She knew he was working late every night on a big case, but had no idea it was her company, or that he was working with Su Jin.

0064mr1.jpg

She asks why Tae Bong is there, but he's called away by his boss, and tells her they'll talk about it later.

0068bs5.jpg

That night, Dal Ja waits up for Tae Bong, but he's not home by midnight, so she goes to Tae Bong's office, where he's working late with Su Jin.

Su Jin puts her head on Tae Bong's shoulder, saying how she missed it. He tells her to get up, that they're working, but she insists that she'll just rest for five minutes. Tae Bong doesn't like it, but he doesn't do anything, either.

Little do they know that Dal Ja's watching from the open doorway....

0097zr4.jpg

0099vu3.jpg

When Tae Bong gets home, Dal Ja's waiting up. He apologizes for not telling her earlier, but he couldn't talk about it to anyone. She asks why he didn't tell her he was working with Su Jin, and he says because he knew she'd be bothered by it. Dal Ja's upset, but Tae Bong coolly says that even in the future, he can't talk about the case with her, and he won't tell her about Su Jin either, because the only thing between him and Su Jin is work. None of Dal Ja's odd fantasies will happen anyway, so he won't talk about it, since it'll just make her feel bad.

0102jk7.jpg

Dal Ja's tired and disappointed, but doesn't tell him she saw them at the office. She just goes into her room. Tae Bong tells her through the door:

Tae Bong: "I'm sorry, for not being able to make you feel better."

Dal Ja's thoughts: "Those aren't the words I want to hear."

Tae Bong: "But still, can't you trust me?"

Dal Ja's thoughts: "That's not what I want to hear, Tae Bong."

Tae Bong: "I wish you would."

Dal Ja's thoughts: "What I really want to hear is..."

Tae Bong: "Sleep tight."

0101af0.jpg

Tae Bong goes into his room and looks at a small box (which could only be a RING!), which he puts away.

0103yh8.jpg

Sae Do's still trying to get on Seon Joo's father's good side, and goes to play racquetball with him. Unfortunately, he gets his richard simmons kicked.

0081il4.jpg

Seon Joo's father invites Sae Do for cocktails, which Sae Do can't drink (recall his faux pas in Episode 3 when he threw up all over Dal Ja), but he's unable to decline. So, he goes along with it.

0091sq7.jpg

The next day, Sae Do wakes up, hungover. Seon Joo asks why he's putting himself through all that to keep up with her father; he could have stopped at any point. But Sae Do says he understands her father, looking after his only daughter. He's the guy who impregnated her, and if Sae Do were in that position, he would've broken his legs.

Seon Joo says her father doesn't hate him. He brought the drunken Sae Do all the way home by himself. If he really hated him, he wouldn't have bothered with him in the first place. So he can have a little hope.

Dal Ja's still quietly upset, when Eom Ki Joong comes to see her at the office because he's worried about her. He tells her, I know I'm not very important to you, but you're important to me. If you ever need me, whenever, come to me.

Dal Ja's mother meets with Tae Bong. She asks if something's wrong between him and Dal Ja, and also brings up the subject about getting married. She knows Dal Ja's feeling stifled at not being able to bring up the topic to him, but her mother would like it if they got married.

Tae Bong's mother goes to Tae Bong's office and runs into Su Jin. Su Jin tells Tae Bong's mother she intends to start over with Tae Bong. She says that for the moment, Tae Bong can't say anything because of Dal Ja, but she's sure he'll come around later. Tae Bong's mother seems glad at seeing Su Jin again, and invites her to dinner.

0128je1.jpg

However, she also calls Dal Ja and invites her to dinner, so when everyone arrives, it's an awkward party of six. Dal Ja feels shabby next to Su Jin, who takes on the role of girlfriend, preparing Tae Bong's food for him and flattering everyone. All Dal Ja can do is sit and eat. Su Jin is very confident and smug that Tae Bong's family likes her better.

0132dc7.jpg

Outside, Su Jin comes up to Dal Ja, and tells her over-sweetly how it must be very difficult for Dal Ja to see how well Su Jin is being treated by Tae Bong's family. After all, they go way back, and Dal Ja must feel left out. Aw. Dal Ja prays to god to give her the patience not to dump her cup of hot coffee in Su Jin's face.

Dal Ja's managing okay until something Su Jin says gets to her: Su Jin says she's worried Tae Bong might marry Dal Ja out of responsibility when he doesn't love her.

Feeling like crap, Dal Ja leaves early, asking Tae Bong to let everyone know she was feeling sick. The adults are affronted that Dal Ja left without greeting them. No matter how bad she was feeling, that was bad manners of her.

Tae Bong's mother sits everyone down and prepares her announcement. She wanted Dal Ja to be there to hear this, but she'll have to just tell Tae Bong and Su Jin. She wants Tae Bong to sit down with the other family and settle wedding plans next week. She wanted to take her time, but it seems that won't do. Tae Bong immediately objects, assuming she's trying to take control and force him to marry Su Jin:

Tae Bong: "I'll decide when I'll marry. And with whom."

Mom: "It's because I'm afraid Dal Ja's going to age away, that's why!"

Tae Bong: "What did you say, mother?"

Mom: "You've gone so far as to live with someone's precious daughter -- how much longer are you going stay unmarried and make everyone upset? On top of that, it's obvious you'll be going to the office everyday and running into Su Jin. What woman would like that?"

0145ok2.jpg

Su Jin is shocked. She objects, but Tae Bong's mom tells her to give up on him. She isn't thrilled about Dal Ja either, but if Tae Bong likes her, what can she do?

The rest of the family is in agreement. So long as Dal Ja's family have no objections, they want to start plans right away.

Meanwhile, Seon Joo's father comes to the office to say goodbye; he's going back home to the States. While they're waiting for Seon Joo, her father tells Sae Do, when Seon Joo was 5, her mother left them. She thought her mother died of an illness, but in actuality, she didn't die; she ran off with another man. So Seon Joo grew up lonely, and didn't form strong attachments to people. But when her father sees how she looks at Sae Do, her gaze is warm. Her father tells Sae Do that it might take some time, but don't give up. Treat her well, and love her. Sae Do promises he will.

Tae Bong goes home, happy and ready to propose, but Dal Ja's not there. She's gone to her mother's place, where she hears that her mother talked to Tae Bong about getting married. Seeing Dal Ja's horrified reaction, her mother wonders if Tae Bong responded badly, if he doesn't want to get married, if he said something negative. But Dal Ja just rushes out. She recalls what Su Jin said, about thinking Tae Bong might propose to her out of responsibility.

In front of her office, she runs into Tae Bong. He talked to her mother, Go Soon Ae, Wee Seon Joo, and finally decided to wait for her. Hiding the ring behind his back, he asks how she is.

0170cr7.jpg

0157aw5.jpg

"Actually, I have something to say to you. Um...... I don't know how to say something like this. So, Dal Ja....

But Dal Ja interrupts him:

0161il3.jpg

"I... I'm having a rough time. This is really hard for me, Tae Bong. Should we.... break up? Let's... break up."

Guest hotmit

GOSH! eventhough I knre the story line ò ep20, but when i read this summary, I feel so sad for DJ and TB, it is painful for her to bring up the break up, and it is painful for him while he is about propose. ...i dontknow, but looking at her face in the end of this eps makes ma wanna cry...:(( :(

Guest amane~matsuo

Yes, I am angry at DJ. Everyone here seems to be on her side, but I'm on TB's, 100%. To put it harshly: she is being an idiot. She is jumping to conclusions, and refusing to take any more risks simply because those risks have hurt her in the past (but did they really? Did they really hurt her? Didn't they bring her happiness overall? Didn't they help her not to regret the past? Didn't they bring her TB?). TB has done nothing really wrong that I can see, except for not saying "I love you". But that's a deep, painful problem that he has, and it won't be solved so easily just because she wants it to be solved. She's just thinking of herself, her own desire for him to say the words (which, in my opinion, really aren't too necessary, considering his actions). She isn't thinking about his feelings, about whether he's ready for that vocalization of love. She's listening to his incredibly self-absorbed ex instead of him. She's listening to her own insecurities, instead of him. What kind of love is that? How is she any better than, say, SJ? Wait, let me rephrase that - SJ is way better than her!

Well, I agree for some, first I really think too that DJ is being too risky this time. I think so too that this time she's just thinking of herself and acting without even thinking of it long and hard I think she still doesnt realize that love is not just about being happy and all that, that love also comes with pain and hurt. She really should learn a thing or two from Seon Ju ~ Seon Ju took a risk wherein she said, "I thought I'll never believe in love again.. but it doesnt hurt to take the chance again.." something like that. & I really really hope this is not the end for TB and DJ :tears:

Archived