[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest ovette

hello ovette :)

i am waitting you upload ep20 on SS ,

thank you so much ovette :)

omo im terribly sorry!! i didnt get to record ep20... maybe we'll just have to wait for the other uploaders.. and the weekly uploders in the resource section.

can anyone tell me about that necklace that Chae Rim is always wearing, I'm curious since she is even wearing it in an interview!

me too! we kept noticing the ring, but we missed on the part with the necklace.. it's an accessory she always wears around her too! lol

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fashionista

can anyone tell me about that necklace that Chae Rim is always wearing, I'm curious since she is even wearing it in an interview!

is this the necklace you're referring to?

t53p01nb0.jpg

Guest ovette

yes, that's the one i was referring, i dont know with bamidele though. i really want one similar as that!

although i think she was wearing it during the interview since they were filming at that time too?

Though TB didn't utter a word or even remove what ex-GF placed in his bowl, what he DID DO was look displeased and immediately looked straight towards DJ for her reaction. And to remove what ex-GF placed in his bowl? The girl already mentioned that it's one of his favorites, and should he remove what she placed, it would be a 'lie', his family would take notice and likely even comment, making the ordeal larger than it should be, thus antagonizing DJ even further.

Also TB, didn't JUST look the other way when ex-GF placed her head on his shoulders. His first words to her were for her to get up, that they're working. As I mentioned before, what the ex-GF wants is 'reaction' from TB...if what she's doing makes TB uncomfortable to the point he 'reacts', his 'reaction' is a suggestion to her that feelings still exist b/w him and her. TB knows her well enough to not be pulled/fall into her trap.

Ex-GF can see that she's not making much headway w/ TB, so she 'attacks' DJ instead...and she got what she partially wanted by the end of EP 20, didn't she? It's DJ who suggests an end to the relationship.

Guest amane~matsuo

I found it~ The Sympathy for Lady vengeance parody... heehee. twas in EP2. [soo forgetful me]

the BG song playing [in that scene where DJ wants TB to be buried coz she wants her 3,000 won back] is even from the SFLV ost itself,

chincheolhan geumjassi

^

*credit do daramji

sdfadsi4.png

soo yeah. but not sure if it counts as a parody or not

Guest Bamidele

merging posts:

from Bamidele

is this the necklace you're referring to?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2870/t53p01nb0.jpg

yes, i thought it was part of the show but she ALWAYS wear it! It was in the interview, but someone mentioned the interview was while they were filming, I just wonder if it is special so she never takes it off?

from fashionista:

yes, i thought it was part of the show but she ALWAYS wear it! It was in the interview, but someone mentioned the interview was while they were filming, I just wonder if it is special so she never takes it off?

i don't think she was wearing it prior to the filming of the drama. at least, i've never seen it before.

from Bamidele

i don't think she was wearing it prior to the filming of the drama. at least, i've never seen it before.

...really okay, i guess maybe it is just for the show then, but why wear it in an interview?

Guest gyojoo

Remember how TB and SJ(TB's ex) broke up.

SJ wanted to test TB's love toward her by saying "let's break up", and TB just turned around and walked away.

SJ told DJ about this and she knows about the whole deal.

I'm expecting TB to act differently this time and win DJ over once again.

Guest makemyday

i was just thinking..

so obviously taebong hasnt said the three big words yet.

but he was planning on proposing to her (well we havent seen the ring but we can only assume)

which means.. he loves her right?

there's no way he would do it unless he loved her

and yeah thats understandable. he probably wants to save those words for her and make it really special

but on the other hand..

has he told sujin that he loved her?

i thought maybe yes.. thats why she felt like she had such a grasp on him and acted almost superior when taebong wouldnt say that he loved dalja.

and also taebong also did say that sujin was his first love and he wouldnt say that unless he used to love her.

so if he loved her.. and thats not common for him.. i wonder why he didnt hold onto her when she "left" him

because i can only presume he'll hold onto dalja.. there would be no point if he didnt.

and i'm not complaining. i'm glad he left sujin and forgot about her..

but i hope people know what i'm getting at.

what i typed doesnt even really make sense

and there's no real point to it but i was just thinking so i wrote it here anyways haha

Guest Bamidele

i was just thinking..

so obviously taebong hasnt said the three big words yet.

but he was planning on proposing to her (well we havent seen the ring but we can only assume)

which means.. he loves her right?

there's no way he would do it unless he loved her

and yeah thats understandable. he probably wants to save those words for her and make it really special

but on the other hand..

i thought maybe yes.. thats why she felt like she had such a grasp on him and acted almost superior when taebong wouldnt say that he loved dalja.

and also taebong also did say that sujin was his first love and he wouldnt say that unless he used to love her.

so if he loved her.. and thats not common for him.. i wonder why he didnt hold onto her when she "left" him

because i can only presume he'll hold onto dalja.. there would be no point if he didnt.

and i'm not complaining. i'm glad he left sujin and forgot about her..

but i hope people know what i'm getting at.

what i typed doesnt even really make sense

and there's no real point to it but i was just thinking so i wrote it here anyways haha

Taebong never told his ex that he loved her, he never gave her the "reaction" she wanted when she broke up with hiim. I think that before the "incident" happened Taebong was a completely different person, he ws cold and collected, but he is a different man these days. I also think that for Taebong it is hard to say his feelings and easier to show them. He is also insecure like Dal Ja but it is less noticable he is a man who hides a lot of himself even from himself, but if only Dal Ja could look past her fears and see that he is different with her. I am 2000xinfinite infinity that he loves Dal Ja, he is the type that would never marry someone if he didn't love them. God I hope that they don't actually break up in episode 21, but instead that he holds onto her and won't breakup with her, but I think that they will break up and Taebong will be upset and finally understand what loving a person is about more than the actions the words are needed not all the time but sometimes. He only has to say it once and then his actions will convey those words. I think in episode 21 it will be one of growing up and maturing. Although I am dissapointed in Dal Ja, but it is human to run away from getting hurt, I'm sure we all know about that. I just feel that it is cowardly to just break up because you are tired, instead of listening to what others say she needs to trust herself and Taebong. She needs to talk to him because his words are the only ones that matter. Also in a previous episode when Taebong moved in and he was saying that you don't always need to say you like a person for them to know it is the way you look at them, act around them, and so on. I think that applies to him. I think that Dal Ja needs to find the courage/confidence to trust in herself an Taebong because there will be obstacles on every journey but if they are together they don't have to face it alone. I think that Taebong needs to find the ability to open himself to his feelings and not always use his actions to covey his heart. Everyone has a time and a place and Taebong needs to find it, I actually think he is just as scared as Dal Ja. Instead of people saying he needs to step up to the plate why don't they both step up to the plate. You can't blame one of them over the other, they both have their faults. I just feel that Dal Ja needs to find patience and that Taebong needs to find understanding. Sorry for talking so much but this show for me reflects how we all act in real life. I got into this show 3 days ago and have watched up to 15, but have read up to 20 and am really touched about it. It has made me think about my own life and that is when you know a show is really good!!

Thanks to all for the caps/summarries!!

Does anyone know where to download ep16 HQ since the subs are out?

Guest javabeans

but on the other hand..

I wonder if Tae Bong really loved Su Jin or not... You can look at it either way. I don't think Tae Bong has actually said the words "I love you" to Su Jin, because in episode 18 at the party, Su Jin tells Tae Bong he's never said those words to anyone. But, she can sense that Dal Ja doesn't know that, so she's making it seem like she has a stronger hold on Tae Bong than she actually does. Plus, when Su Jin was "testing" him, although she says it did affect Tae Bong, he didn't fight for her or tell her not to leave. So that adds to the "he never really loved her" theory. Plus, the Korean phrase for "first love" (첫사랑) is actually quite common and gets thrown around a lot... most of the times it literally means "first love," but I think sometimes it's used loosely to mean the first big relationship you had, whether or not you personally define it as "love."

Then on the other hand, Dal Ja tells Tae Bong that Su Jin worries her -- how could she not be nervous when a woman he "passionately loved once" returns with the intention of reclaiming him? Tae Bong doesn't refute that statement with "Actually, about that... I never loved her like that." So he didn't deny it. But I can also see Tae Bong thinking that if it's not true, it doesn't require his denial because it's so clearly not the case.

So the answer is.... I don't know. But it's clear from actions alone that, whatever he felt for Su Jin, it's totally different from what he feels for Dal Ja. Tae Bong's really become an adult lately, learning from Dal Ja and his father... So the way I see it, whatever "love" used to mean for him, it now means something different, more. Love isn't just the infatuated feeling you get, it also ties into devotion and commitment and responsibility...

Guest n5y17cgirl

I wonder if Tae Bong really loved Su Jin or not... You can look at it either way. I don't think Tae Bong has actually said the words "I love you" to Su Jin, because in episode 18 at the party, Su Jin tells Tae Bong he's never said those words to anyone. But, she can sense that Dal Ja doesn't know that, so she's making it seem like she has a stronger hold on Tae Bong than she actually does. Plus, when Su Jin was "testing" him, although she says it did affect Tae Bong, he didn't fight for her or tell her not to leave. So that adds to the "he never really loved her" theory. Plus, the Korean phrase for "first love" (첫사랑) is actually quite common and gets thrown around a lot... most of the times it literally means "first love," but I think sometimes it's used loosely to mean the first big relationship you had, whether or not you personally define it as "love."

Then on the other hand, Dal Ja tells Tae Bong that Su Jin worries her -- how could she not be nervous when a woman he "passionately loved once" returns with the intention of reclaiming him? Tae Bong doesn't refute that statement with "Actually, about that... I never loved her like that." So he didn't deny it. But I can also see Tae Bong thinking that if it's not true, it doesn't require his denial because it's so clearly not the case.

So the answer is.... I don't know. But it's clear from actions alone that, whatever he felt for Su Jin, it's totally different from what he feels for Dal Ja. Tae Bong's really become an adult lately, learning from Dal Ja and his father... So the way I see it, whatever "love" used to mean for him, it now means something different, more. Love isn't just the infatuated feeling you get, it also ties into devotion and commitment and responsibility...

wow, feels like I haven't posted in this thread in so long...

javabeans ~ I'm with you on this one. I have my doubts, too, as to whether TB really loved Su Jin, even when they were together. And you're right: Su Jin loves to play on DJ's insecurities and tries her hardest to get under her skin any way she can. So NOT the right person for TB. And what's more, I'm so loving the fact that TB's mom recognizes that. TB's mom rocked in the last ep. - she was awesome!!! :) Another reason I have my doubts is b/c if TB had said those 3 words to another girl before, then I don't think he would be having as difficult a time saying those same words to DJ now. Of course you could argue "well maybe he just doesn't want to get hurt and be sure this time before he says 'I love you' to DJ" but in my opinion... I don't think that's it. You can tell by his expression(s) that this is something difficult for him - perhaps b/c of his parents' relationship and seeing that growing up (as creidesca has mentioned before).

And yes, although Su Jin may have been TB's "first love" that doesn't necessarily mean much. The word 'love' is often times used quite loosely.

btw, thnx javabeans for all of the summaries/translations!

wow, you guys have had quite a few heated debates/discussions here... cool~! I'll just say one thing (since I am at work and need to get back to what I was doing) - I am/will be disappointed if DJ gives up on TB and their relationship at this point. AND I'll be disappointed with TB if he just lets her walk away w/o trying to resolve their obvious misunderstandings/hurt feelings. I truly feel for both of them here and understand where each of them are coming from. I definitely don't think it's more one person's fault than the other - they are equally to blame? (probably not the best word choice here, but whatevers, it'll have to do). The two of them obviously have many mutual misunderstandings and DJ still has many insecurities that she needs to work through... Regardless, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens... Can't believe there are only 2 ep left!

Finally caught up with uploading... here are some more re-ups (credit to creidesca's CB) for anyone who needs them:

Episode 17 [LQ] (167 MB version)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5oao09

Episode 18 [LQ] (163 MB ver)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/em8l85

Episode 19 [LQ] (141 MB ver)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j161ra

Episode 20 [LQ] (141 MB ver)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wv9twr

Happy PM 02.23.07 - Dal Ja's Spring segment (700K bit version)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nkl7s7

Yunyega Entertainment News 03.03.07 - Dal Ja's Spring segment [HQ]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6nr7m8

p.s. I noticed a few of the files I uploaded to sendspace previously have expired, due to inactivity. The episodes are all still there; these were more the "Making of" clips and whatnot that got deleted. So if anyone needs me to re-up those, you can email me your requests at: kdramagirl@gmail.com (since I don't think the PM function works anymore on soompi??)

thanks. happy watching!

Guest ovette

making 11 no that was the imagination :) it was before DalJa imagined they had super dooper many kids

thanks for the links!!!

Guest hotmit

what surprised me the most in ep20 is not what DJ is going to break up with TB, but TB mum's action to bring up the wedding problem. It is such a new way in Kdrama, his mum is not mean as the others usually in Kdrama. That's great point in this drama. I'm looking for the new ep next week, could not wait to see what will happen....

Guest kodoque

I love all the discussions going on here. I loveeee reading all of your insights. There were so many of them that it's hard to keep track. But out of them all...I agree the most with fashionista.

We have to really remember who DalJa is. She's 33 years old! She's never had a real boyfriend before! And now when she's just started falling in love with this younger,handsome, intelligent guy, or to sum it up in one word, PERFECT guy, "the EX' suddenly showed up -- the younger, beautiful, smart ex.

She just has to feel insecure! Heck, if I were her..I would totally freak! Every women's fear is to have their husbands/boyfriends/fiance to be snatch away by (what we think) someone better than they are! You hear it everytime...wives fearing the husbands to have an affair with the younger, bombshells secretaries, etc etc.

And heyy..ladies..y'all know this..once we freak out..there's no way of seing things realistically or logically. We're ones to go by our emotions, womens are. I can totally relate to DalJa in this case.

I cant remember how many times I said "let's break up" to my bf (thank god he's patient with me, we've been together for 4 years now) when we had a fight in the first year of our dating. And it was also because of matters with the ex. There I was, like DalJa, falling head over heels over this guy for the first time in our lives! I was excited. I was happy. I was overjoyed. And most often, I was nervous as heck as to whether he likes me as much as I like him. It was such a roller-coaster ride of a feeling. Everything makes you feel vulnerable. Especially matters of the ex.

No matter how obvious it was for others to see that TB loves DJ, you would always, ALWAYS be jealous of the ex. I was jealous at the times they had spent together. I was always imagining things such as what did they do together. If I were happy as I was being with him, was the ex happy as well? All those unnecessary and nonsensical thoughts. I couldnt help it. Dalja just simply cant help it!

And I hated it! I knew deep down in my heart, as DJ probably knows as well, that TB loves her. But she's so new at this relationships things, especially for someone her age, that she just doesnt know what to do.

I was so vulnerable and hurting that I want my bf to feel what I was feeling. I want him to understand. And stupidly, the only thing I thought could make him understand is to "hurt" him also.

I wanted to test him. "Am I important enough for you? Will you fight for me after I said these words? Pleaseee..fight for me! Tell me you want me!" I will only know if I ask you the question of "let's break up?"

That's why Dalja's doing what she's doing. Yes, it's stupid. But heck we're allowed to be stupid once, can't we? Blinded by love. :sweatingbullets:

And I hope TB understands what DJ's doing. The ex did the exact same thing to him in the past. He's not stupid enough as to make the same mistake twice. Let's have faith in him shall we?

Alrighty..I've given my 2cents. Back to me being a silent reader.

:blush:

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Hi, kodoque. Thanks for posting your two cents. I wrote the following before reading your post (and then my internet blinked out)...and I find it interesting how we ended up talking about the same things, but from different perspectives. I just hope you won't take what I wrote personally.

Anyway, to elaborate on my previous points...

The problem I had with episode nineteen is the idea that men have to "protect their woman and provide for her". I tend to disagree with that idea, since I think that women can provide for themselves without men's help (although perhaps this is not yet entirely possible in Korea, which is still so patriarchal and sexist in many ways). So I was doubly disturbed by the fact that Tae-bong returned to the law to fulfill those responsibilities, and I was doubly disturbed by Dal-ja's disgusting (to me) reaction to his decision.

Episode twenty showed the consequences of Tae-bong returning to the law, and thus, in my opinion, slyly showed what can come of the desire that many women have of having the Responsible and Financially Secure Man. And thus, if looking at the situation in the light of social criticism, Dal-ja is suffering for a very specific reason. And I think we, the viewers, are supposed to come away from this subtle lesson with some new ideas.

I'm not saying Dal-ja is the only one at fault here. Tae-bong is partly to blame as well. But I will go so far as to say that Dal-ja carries a majority of the blame. She is at blame for placing more and more burdens on Tae-bong without really expressing her feelings and expectations in this regard. She is at blame for not openly telling him she loves him (telling him when she thinks he's sleeping does NOT count). She is at blame for not trusting him and confronting him about his insecurities. And she is at blame for not confronting her own insecurities, and for choosing to run away from her problems by saying the words "Let's break up."

I can forgive her (and understand her) for being insecure, for being worried, for being stressed, and for feeling overwhelmed by all the problems piling on top of her. Heck, I can even forgive her for gushing over his new car and yelling out "Law firm!" on her morning run. What I cannot forgive is her giving up on him, even after all the things he's done for her. Because with those words, she is hurting him. So, so much. And, let's face it, deep inside, she is expecting him to hold onto her. If he doesn't, then it will suddenly become his fault if they break up. Doesn't it always go that way in dramas? The woman says "Let's break up", the man holds onto her, and everything's okay. But isn't there something wrong with what the woman said in the first place? Why hurt him, then expect him to react "properly"? She is the one who spoke those words, and she is the one who is showing lack of faith in their relationship. In that aspect, I think Tae-bong would be completely justified in letting her go.

She is placing so many, many expectations on him, just as a big part of the female population are doing on their men. And I think that episode twenty is asking us to face those expectations, and wonder if maybe they aren't too big after all...If maybe, just maybe, men aren't always the only ones to blame.

Guest javabeans

Dahee Fanel and kodoque, it's funny how I agree with both of you and yet you're coming at it from completely different angles.

I have to say, I agree with Dahee Fanel that Dal Ja was being rather... uncomfortably happy with Tae Bong so quickly pushing aside his dream to go back to the law firm. The "Rocky" parody at the beginning of #20 was one of the first parodies I actually really disliked, because it was supposed to be funny but I was just disappointed in Dal Ja. I totally get where she was coming from, but I wanted her to be a little more generous and open-minded. I don't hate her for being so happy, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If Tae Bong's true dream was the lunch shop (and I'm actually not convinced it is; I kind of get the sense he picked any dream for the sake of having something to call a dream, but that's another issue) -- then Dal Ja should have pushed him to preserve it. A dream isn't just a whim; it's not something Tae Bong would be able to give up simply and easily. It's a true sacrifice on his part, and she should at the very least have treated it like one.

Then, in Dal Ja's defense, like kodoque said, she's inexperienced in relationships, and she's learning by trial and error as well. So I can't expect a fictional character to be perfect on her first round out.

Plus, in 20 (or 19?), Soon Ae tells Dal Ja to bring up the marriage issue herself -- it's the 21st century, it's a new era -- but Dal Ja can't. She says she can't help it, she was born in the 20th century, grew up in the 20th century, educated in the 20th century. You can't expect someone to change a lifetime of beliefs in one moment, no matter if it's a new era or not. So she recognizes she's being old-fashioned; but you can't help but believe what you believe. All she can do is try.

So, I don't exactly love the way either Tae Bong or Dal Ja are acting right now... And I do agree with all of Dahee Fanel's statements. But I trust that the reason they're going through this phase now is because we've still got 2 episodes left... If this is where the story was going to end (Tae Bong goes back to the law firm to "provide for" his woman), I'd be pretty upset because I think that would be sending all the wrong messages, and negating all that great stuff they built up over the series. But I don't think it'll end this way... (they'd better not!). I think there's room enough for just one more plot turn.....

what we'll be seeing int this weekend's Show Power Video, credits to KBS cyberpr page:

20·30대 여성에게 초공감대를 형성하며 뜨거운 반응을 이어가고 있는 드라마 <달자의 봄>! 보고보고 또 봐도 다시 보고 싶다! 서른세 살 노처녀로 분해 최고의 인기를 구가 중인 채림과 대한민국 모든 누나들의 마음에 불을 지른 귀여운 훈남 이민기의 키스신 NG! 뭘 해도 웃긴 애드리브의 황제 공형진의 NG 퍼레이드까지~

Archived