[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Wow ... there are so many analysis over TB's so called inability to say 'I love you' to DJ thus far. My 2 cents on this ... I personally think the TB I've seen so far is not someone who's unable to express his feelings and unable to say that 3 words to DJ because of that. I think he's just a guy who doesn't say that word lightly unless he's a 100% sure that he means it and is prepared for their relationship to move to the next level. And if you start your relationship on mutual liking as well as some sort of physical attractions to each other ... when is it suppose to hit you that the feelings has turned into love instead? Do you just wake up one morning and realise ... wow ... I really love this woman and I should tell her today? Is there a fine line between like & love for a person?

Even DJ ... she finally said 'I love you' to a sleeping TB after he came back from the hospital ... his accident must have make her realised how much he really meant to her. Would DJ have said it to TB if he had woken up when she asked him if he's sleeping or she said it out loud 'coz she thought he's sleeping? DJ never said how much she loved TB before that whether to herself or even to any of her friends. And as romantic as it may be that TB upon hearing the word from DJ while he's supposedly asleep should open his eyes & start proclaiming his love too ... I think it's more realistic that he ended up looking thoughtful after he heard what DJ said to him and that probably make him start reassessing his feelings for DJ. After understanding more about the kind of person DJ is from his conversation with her mom (instead of thinking DJ has a materialistic intentions only when she asked him to go back to the law firm) and seeing and feeling touched over what she did for him that night when they had dinner and she handed him his present and remembering what his father said ... he finally step up into being a responsible man and doing something for the woman that he's with. His going back to the law firm to work and buying the ring ... the guy is working at telling DJ how much she meant to him too.

The last part about being a responsible man is not meant as a criticism of TB but if you think about it he is kind of living off DJ since he doesn't contribute anything to their living expenses ie. rents & stuffs because he's not making that much money and he's saving up for his dreams. And if I remember rightly there was this scene where DJ & SD was talking in the bookshop talking about SD & SJ's relationship and DJ laughingly said how different it is for them (people in their 30's) and how carefree TB is in his attitude towards life and how he doesn't seem to think anything of living financially depend on DJ. But SD teased her and said that but she has decided to like him anyway and they laughed together about it.

I'm all for his going back to the law firm. It doesn't make sense that he's struggling to make a living trying to make his dreams happen and working at back breaking job when he could be making a tons more & making his dreams come true much earlier in an easier way without depending on anyone. It's not like he's giving up on his dreams ... in reality you sometimes need to defer achieving your dreams a little 'coz there are bills to pay.

I don't think the writer meant for it to be a big deal going on why TB hasn't said he love you to DJ or not thus far into the story or that it's a reflection of him being inexpressive. You don't even see DJ brooding over why TB has not said the word to her yet and doubting their relationship because of that. Other than that first time they slept together where she was wondering to her 'older sister' at work if a guy is suppose to tell you that after the act. Which I think is to make a pun at how hearing that word will make the act mean something more or to reassure the other party. Maybe we watch too many cliche love stories that we think it's incomplete until you hear the hero or heroine start expressing 'I love you' to each other to finally feel happy that they are on the right track and that there's something wrong otherwise.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bamidele

I am really loving reading everyone's 2 cents after writing mine, I think that everything everyone is saying has substance not only for the show but the choices we all make in life and in love!!

I just read all the later posts ... all those criticisms of DJ's reaction are kind of harsh ... don't you think? Hey ... if I have a bf living off me for months without giving a thought of or asking how he could share some financial responsibility with me ... and he finally decide to go back to doing something he's good at and can make good money ... I'll be jumping up & down with glee too. Doesn't hurt that I can be proud of him. That's human. While women doesn't necessarily need to financially dependent on man or have a man to protect & provde for her ... it doesn't make it right that a man doesn't shoulder part of his responsibility as well in the relationship. And in TB's case ... it's all very well that he has a dream to fulfill but how responsible is it of him to fulfill the dream whilst being a burden to DJ? :ph34r: Isn't it strange that he doesn't want any money from his parents or his grandpa to help with his living expenses but it's okay because it's DJ.

If DJ were that materialistic ... she would have told TB that they should break up unless he goes back to the law firm and become the ideal bf that she wants. Yes she was happy he went back to law & she finally have a bf she could feel proud to show off to a mom & grandma who wants the very best for her ... that's certainly criminal of her. Doesn't matter that in between feeling happy at his decision ... she did ask him a few times if he's really okay with it. She should have just told TB that he should do the right thing and depend on her whilst fulfilling his dreams. Geez~

Guest kodoque

^Hi, kodoque. Thanks for posting your two cents. I wrote the following before reading your post (and then my internet blinked out)...and I find it interesting how we ended up talking about the same things, but from different perspectives. I just hope you won't take what I wrote personally.

Anyway, to elaborate on my previous points...

The problem I had with episode nineteen is the idea that men have to "protect their woman and provide for her". I tend to disagree with that idea, since I think that women can provide for themselves without men's help (although perhaps this is not yet entirely possible in Korea, which is still so patriarchal and sexist in many ways). So I was doubly disturbed by the fact that Tae-bong returned to the law to fulfill those responsibilities, and I was doubly disturbed by Dal-ja's disgusting (to me) reaction to his decision.

Episode twenty showed the consequences of Tae-bong returning to the law, and thus, in my opinion, slyly showed what can come of the desire that many women have of having the Responsible and Financially Secure Man. And thus, if looking at the situation in the light of social criticism, Dal-ja is suffering for a very specific reason. And I think we, the viewers, are supposed to come away from this subtle lesson with some new ideas.

I'm not saying Dal-ja is the only one at fault here. Tae-bong is partly to blame as well. But I will go so far as to say that Dal-ja carries a majority of the blame. She is at blame for placing more and more burdens on Tae-bong without really expressing her feelings and expectations in this regard. She is at blame for not openly telling him she loves him (telling him when she thinks he's sleeping does NOT count). She is at blame for not trusting him and confronting him about his insecurities. And she is at blame for not confronting her own insecurities, and for choosing to run away from her problems by saying the words "Let's break up."

I can forgive her (and understand her) for being insecure, for being worried, for being stressed, and for feeling overwhelmed by all the problems piling on top of her. Heck, I can even forgive her for gushing over his new car and yelling out "Law firm!" on her morning run. What I cannot forgive is her giving up on him, even after all the things he's done for her. Because with those words, she is hurting him. So, so much. And, let's face it, deep inside, she is expecting him to hold onto her. If he doesn't, then it will suddenly become his fault if they break up. Doesn't it always go that way in dramas? The woman says "Let's break up", the man holds onto her, and everything's okay. But isn't there something wrong with what the woman said in the first place? Why hurt him, then expect him to react "properly"? She is the one who spoke those words, and she is the one who is showing lack of faith in their relationship. In that aspect, I think Tae-bong would be completely justified in letting her go.

She is placing so many, many expectations on him, just as a big part of the female population are doing on their men. And I think that episode twenty is asking us to face those expectations, and wonder if maybe they aren't too big after all...If maybe, just maybe, men aren't always the only ones to blame.

Javabeans -- your comments opened my mind! :excl:

I feel so small. In a good way, mind you. I'm not offended at all. I really really like what you said. A day's wasted anyways if you don't learn anything new, right?

I like the way you look at this issue in a big-picture-kind-of-way, relating it to how prejudiced women are towards their expectations on how men should be. While I'm more concerned about my own (and DalJa's) personal, selfish, feelings.

I knew and I'm pretty sure Dalja knew also, how much hurt I was putting on my bf by saying "Let's break up". But I guess, ever since I was little I always had this pretty picture of this prince-in-shining-armor coming to rescue the princess in need. Men are supposed to rescue the women. Men are supposed to cling to their women begging her not to leave. They're the ones that are supposed to ask us out. Tell us they love us first. Provide for his family. Be the bread-winner. It was just how most of us grew up, isnt?

But time is changing, isnt it? More and more women are going to the workplace. We also learn now how men are not as tough as they appear to be. How the pressure society puts on men are too overbearing at times. :(

Yesh, we still cant help it if we as a society is extremely materialistic, not in the sense where all we think is money alone. But we know we need money. And that having money gives you the opportunity to do anything you would like.

I think this is the area where TaeBong is slowly realizing. He, as a man is still prescribed to be the main breadwinner. I don't think he's completely given up on his dreams of starting a restaurant. But he's temporarily putting it aside as to be able to focus on DalJa for now. And save up..and when he and dalja are both ready, they can start the bento house together.

From our many discussions on how TB and DJ should be, etc, we are actually emphasizing on how communication is key in any relationships!!

Taebong and Dalja should be able to speak to one another .. about their feelings, truly, and openly as to be able to clear their prejudices towards how and what the other should be.

But thanks javabeans and all of you in this thread for giving in your 2cents.

I never realize how only truly great dramas can start discusions like this and make you reflecton your personal life.

OUR RED-STRING-COUPLE FIGHTING!!!

Guest amane~matsuo

All i can say is,, if a woman feels that it is too much - she really has the tendency to call it quits. If she's too hurt, too stressed, too tired of what's going on with the relationship, she feels its too much and feels she's got to stop it. Right now, i`m biased to either DJ or TB. It's just that thier relationship isnt the perfect and mature relationship IMHO. For one, this is DJ`s first love and TB - obviously altho he may seem experienced and all, I think when it comes to DJ his defenses fall down and deep down inside he feels vulnerable too around her - there was many times when he didnt know how to react to her, what to say, what to do, so yes I feel that they should have more honesty and vocal communication around them. I feel they should talk to each other about each thoughts they have, insecurities becoz clearly even tho we know a person already we still dont kow whats going on with thier minds. So communication really is a great key to more understanding. & This is why they have come to this, i think ~ DJ not voicing out her feelings and real thoughts to TB and TB not asking her - I feel he should be more insistent when it comes to her opinions and feelings as DJ can be confused most of the times .

I just hope the two can work this out and not give up on each other, despite thier misgivings and misunderstandings :sweatingbullets:

TAE-JA FIGHTING! ^ ^

Guest makemyday

what we'll be seeing int this weekend's Show Power Video, credits to KBS cyberpr page:

20·30대 여성에게 초공감대를 형성하며 뜨거운 반응을 이어가고 있는 드라마 <달자의 봄>! 보고보고 또 봐도 다시 보고 싶다! 서른세 살 노처녀로 분해 최고의 인기를 구가 중인 채림과 대한민국 모든 누나들의 마음에 불을 지른 귀여운 훈남 이민기의 키스신 NG! 뭘 해도 웃긴 애드리브의 황제 공형진의 NG 퍼레이드까지~

basic translation: it just reads that this drama is reaching the hearts of many.. from the 33 year old dalja character played by chaerim to the guy loved by all lee minki. coming up, we'll see kiss scene NG's. whatever the reactions from the characters are, the adlibs are always funny. also a NG parade showcasing gong hyun jin's (sehdo) bloopers.

some of that might be a little off since i did it really fast

but thats the general point

What Dal Ja did differently from TB's mom was that TB's mom wanted to hand him money, which he refused. If DJ also handed him money, instead of the 'tickets' for the class, he'd refuse. Afterall, I would assume that getting a refund on the classes isn't as easy. DJ put her money to use, instead of thoughtlessly offering him money.

Guest ovette

im learning so much from this thread too.. since im not experienced with love relationships, i cant relate much on what DalJa feels and where her decisions come from. i dont known why she all of a sudden gives up, but reading all your insights, make me understand it better.

seeing DalJa the way she is, tells some part of me that i still dont know. im so happy this drama can actually lead me to reflect my life and make me feel how it is so cool to be a woman :)

i just want them to finally iron out all their misunderstandings. i agree about the miscommunication issue, i noticed how there was a dead air when they were eating. both parties were not initiating any conversation at all. unlike in ep17 where both were happy and really enjoying each other's company while eating. i think there was just so much things to settle that they dont realize how much both are losing it... :(

i cant believe one week left for our sweet couple....!

what time is power video tomorrow?

Guest wls2948

I REALLY AM AMAZED AT HOW MATURE YOU GALS ARE...those views on our red-string couple makes me want to shout "horray" to the women of the 21st century...

Whatever the outcome of the drama, whether they be together or not, to me is not the most important thing anymore... I think even if things did not work out betweenn her and Tae Bong (for whatever reason), Dal Ja would be able to carry on...I see Dal Ja as such a woman...she is basically a beautiful, confident, strong, generous and level headed lady who will not whine if things did not work out..also, I think she is able to let go of Tae Bong and not turn clingy like some woman does when things did not work out with their man.

Well, 4 more days to the last installments of Dal Ja Spring....

So I just watched episode 20 and whilst in the earlier episode I didn't get the impression that DJ was waiting in earnest for TB to tell her he love her ... gradual insecurities due to ex-gf appearance and his not mentioning the fact he'll be working closely with SJ as well as seeing an officious TB who will not/cannot discuss his work which happens to be her company's takeover with her, pressure from her mother who's crazily pushing for her to talk about getting married to a guy who she was objecting violently too but now wants as her son-in-law on his first day of work, pressure from TB's mom not to get crazy ideas about settling down so soon with her son now that he's back on track with his career, probably job stress because of the merger ... she seems to want to hear that 3 word from him to feel assured. *sigh* And going to a dinner to see her bf's ex sucking up to the family & how familiar they are with each other & SJ belittling her every chance she got ... how can anyone blame her for finally breaking down and being vulnerable enough to finally say let's end this. I think the last straw is when her mom harped non-stop at her about marriage and when she heard she's met up with TB behind her and is most likely giving him pressure too. Yes, I'm pretty annoyed at times that DJ gets swamped by her own insecurities but it's totally understandable from her POV. Besides women are more vulnerable emotionally than men and I think every woman is subject to that kind of vulnerability during certain points of her relationships. I'm sure she doesn't really mean it and she's not saying it to lash out at TB either ... I'm also sure they will talk it out as usual and come to understand each other's POV.

The heroine of the moment in episode 20 for me is TB's mom. It takes a woman to understand how another woman feels. I love how she put her foot down & decide to put SJ in her place once & for all by confirming DJ & TB's relationship in front of the family and SJ. Even though she wants TB to concentrate on his career, through her own experiences, she knows the insecurities that a woman will feel having to deal with her bf working on such closely proximity with an ex who's apparently still set on getting back with him and told her son that he should make an honest woman out of DJ since they are already living together. It's a pity DJ didn't get to see SJ being put into her place. If only she hadn't taken bait at what the ex was saying to her.

When they came out from TB's house & SJ was going on & on about TB's mom and he was stifling his amusement and then told her if what his mom said offended her then he apologize for her behalf and since it's dangerous for her to take a taxi this late ... he told her to take his car home & he'll take the bus and then he walked off ~ I really want to stand up & cheer TB ... hahaha How sweet~

The annoying characters for this episode has to be the ex which goes without saying ... I swear I would want to throw that cup of coffee at her too if I'm DJ just to shut her up but mostly I'm really appalled at DJ's mom.

DJ's mom really came out looking mercenary and totally annoying in this episode. She just goes on & on like a broken recorder. Geez ... yes your daughter is 33 years old. So??? You don't go into a frenzy and insist they set a marriage date immediately to a guy who just started his first day at work after you objected violently to their realtionship a few days before. Can't she wait a month or a couple of months or is a couple of weeks too long for her even before she starts pressuring her daughter and the guy she didn't think was good enough earlier on? Besides ... if it's that important because of DJ's reputation since they are living together and that DJ is already 33 years old and therefore DJ needs to get married by tomorrow before she turns into an antique ... then she should have resigned herself & push for them to get married even when TB was a bum. Goodness me ... I really feel like throwing something at DJ's mom when watching this episode though. :ph34r: She was just totally annoying~

And is anyone else tickled by how TB & DJ like only slept together in her room on special occasions or something eventhough they are already living together and their moms already caught them in bed together although they were only really sleeping at that time? keke ... There's the first time they spend together ... which I thought was rather awkward since it seems like he went back to his bed to sleep after that ... they seem to share the same room again during her one week of vacations from work & their one week of vacations from pleasing prospective in-laws but TB seems to have gone back to his own room after that ... and then again after he had the accident~

Oh My God.. I just spent 20 mins ranting about this drama and my notebook crashed on me just when I was done. :tears:

I just don't have the energy to retype the whole thing again.. but basically I was saying that I'm loving this drama and loving the fact that so many of you take the time to post your thoughts and analysis on this drama.

So I was saying that for me the last 2 episodes boils down to the different ways that men/women deal with issues and that relationship is all about acceptance and compromise.

Ep 19 shows that our TB is growing into a fine man and DJ is willing to accept TB just the way he is. DJ willingness to fork out money from her marriage fund to help TB signalled her acceptance of TB for whoever he is. I think that's really sweet. She's finally realising that nothing is more important to her than TB.. not the good background, not the good job.. it's just simply having TB by her side. As for TB, his decision to go back to the law firm indicates that he's really mature. He's finally found something/someone so important to him that he's willing to scarifice his own dreams. He's realised that sometimes it's not possible to have your cake and eat it. But that's ok, coz if the person that you love the most is going to be around, then you can live with a lot of unpleasant things in your life. Just that DJ and TB have different ways of showing that. DJ has chosen to express it verbally and TB, it's louder through his action. Both of them have shown they are willing to accept and compromise, which is so sweet.

One other thing I feel strongly about when I watched the show is that DJ & TB's relationship is still at a very early stage. They are at their "honeymoon" period when they should be left alone to discover things about each other and learning to live with each other. Instead they were given a very blunt reality check when both parents found out about their living arrangement. They didn't have the time to let their relationship grow and stablized. DJ has only staring to accept TB as a bf when both parents found out about them.. I mean the timing just doesn't get any worst thant that.

I mean I can totally understand where DJ is coming from. She's already insecure about the 6yrs age gap, and now she's has to deal with the pressure from both parents and TB's irritating ex. I think if DJ & TB's hv time to build on their relationship, she wouldn't have let TB's ex step all over her. Esp that scene when she saw TB & ex in his office. Ok, c'mon.. if it's me, (and since I've in a long term relationship, I can say this), I would have walk in and yank the girl's hair! But seeing how her relationship with TB's just starting, I can understand her reservation and frustration. She probably felt that if the relationship is to end, then it better be ending on her own term.

For me, both DJ & TB are guilty of the same thing.. assuming too much. TB assumes that DJ will understand his scarifice and his situation with the merger & ex. DJ assumes that TB will leave her now that the ex is back in the pic. There are simply too many ppl hovering around them and too many things going on, they need time to be by themselves to work things out.

Ok, rant over.. :P

Guest aimztan

hmm... im still on episode 15 with a few missing episodes in between but from what i've gathered from everyones opinions...i think DJ and TB are still in the process of figuring out their relationship...i mean theoretically things shouldn't be this complicated but both reel & real life poses a truckload of problems and couples who come out of these adversities come out better than before i mean generally you learn something so no matter how it ends i think DJ & TB will be better...

now if i was the writer i could think of two ways to go bout the "break up" scene its either as everyone has mentioned they don't really go through with it and everything goes well (although highly unlikely) i think there would be a dramatic or comedic ending since thats how they started or they do and you see dal ja repeating the first few episode like how she feels old and then she's now even more successful, mature n confident then she meets TB again who has achieved being a top lawyer and all and they restart their romance and still end up together but of course there are still many ways to go through this like a dramatic wedding scene somehow leading to the bento shop being established....i mean just guessing...

Also i love TB's ring...i think its leather since from the side view leather has that look and texture so i think the tassels are not only a design but is also used to fasten the ring you know there's a hole on the leather where the tassel's supposed to go through...

hmm...i hope it doesn't develop into something too dramatic it seems like most romance/comedy dramas start out funny then come the waterworks part n the frustrating last minute major disasters...and you loose the "funniness" of it...i mean the light n playful mood draws you in and the tears just pulls me out...maybe that's just me i hate sad things...life is hard and depressing enough...

im a newbie this is my first post so im not quite sure if this is right

Guest amane~matsuo

Anyway -- I`m getting confused about Seon Ju

didnt she rejected Sae Do`s proposal already? and then the next her father comes to town and then tests Sae Do and stuff...

i`m thinking that the reason why Seon Ju`s father came back to Korea is that she said to him that she's preggy and that she might be getting married soon..

this is just one of my crazy theories but knowing Seon Ju~ the woman whose ever fickle.. [heehee] might really be reconsidering getting married.. and did SD rejected Kang Team Jangnim`s offer of a job in the States???

[sorry, i watched ep19 raw so didnt understand much 'bout thier conversations..]

Guest ripgal

One other thing I feel strongly about when I watched the show is that DJ & TB's relationship is still at a very early stage. They are at their "honeymoon" period when they should be left alone to discover things about each other and learning to live with each other. Instead they were given a very blunt reality check when both parents found out about their living arrangement. They didn't have the time to let their relationship grow and stablized. DJ has only staring to accept TB as a bf when both parents found out about them.. I mean the timing just doesn't get any worst thant that.

I haven't seen ep 19 or ep 20 yet. So, I just kept quiet all thru out. However, reading all of your comments was just DA BOMB man! I love how you all analysed the situations surrounding DJ and TB, and putting yourselves into both of their shoes. Normally I would side DJ because I tend to be biased towards a woman's plight. But some of your comments have really changed my perception on how love can be viewed and not just from a single perspective. It was really an interesting read. Thank you so much :)

Back to the topic, I actually agree with liewb's opinion about TB and DJ's premature love relationship. I mean premature here as in the same way as you worded above (not immature love relationship). They have just started off sweet and mushy but suddenly comes pressure from their parents and friends, telling them not to do this and that. I feel bad for TB and DJ, mainly because they cannot enjoy their relationship like normal couples, without pressure or any prejudicial opinions coming from others. But this is how Kdramas work right? It's always like this in dramas..will never change..

Guest Dahee Fanel

I'm all for his going back to the law firm. It doesn't make sense that he's struggling to make a living trying to make his dreams happen and working at back breaking job when he could be making a tons more & making his dreams come true much earlier in an easier way without depending on anyone.

See, I couldn't agree with Dal-ja's argument on this. Tae-bong isn't just trying to make his dream come true. He's trying to make it come true on his own terms, through his own strength and effort. And taking the easy way out to do that feels...not entirely whole-hearted.

I suppose I'm biased in this respect because I went through a similar situation. For my first part-time job, I wanted to get a low-paying job in the food industry. And my parents, who own a respectable store, wanted me to work for them instead. I refused, because I knew that if I worked under them, they would treat me in a special way - not like a regular employee. (My parents tend to be somewhat over-protective, much like Tae-bong's mom.) I had a few arguments with my dad about it, and when he asked me why I wanted to get a crappy job for low pay, this is what I said: "Because I want to suffer. And by suffering, I want to become stronger, and more independent. I want to be able to rely on myself, not others."

Tae-bong has been pampered and babied his entire life. He ran away from home and his job specifically to suffer, to learn more about life from a different perspective, and by doing so, to become a better and stronger person. (By the way, I don't think his living with Dal-ja was ever meant to "rely" on her...After all, he got his own jobs. And I think the only reason he moved in in the first place was in order to get closer to Dal-ja. No other reason.) It's very nice and kind and natural of Dal-ja to not want him to suffer, but by stopping that, from his perspective, isn't she sort of stunting his personal growth?

In the end, Tae-bong returned to the law. But it wasn't because he chose to take the easy way out. It's because he loves Dal-ja, and decided to live as a "responsible man". And if we think about his desire to suffer, and how he gave that desire up, then his sacrifice becomes even greater, and, in my eyes, he becomes an even greater person. Yup, I love Tae-bong, all right. :sweatingbullets:

Ep 19 shows that our TB is growing into a fine man and DJ is willing to accept TB just the way he is. DJ willingness to fork out money from her marriage fund to help TB signalled her acceptance of TB for whoever he is.

I liked it when she forked out money from her marriage fund, etc. And I understand why she doesn't want TB to suffer. And I truly think that plays a part in it. But I don't buy that she completely accepted him as the penniless man that he was. If these episodes were supposed to highlight that, then I obviously missed something. I saw a distinct greed and worry about what society may think in her actions. She may have emptied out her marriage fund for him, but when he returned to the law firm, she was absolutely overjoyed, NOT because he wasn't going to suffer anymore, but because it's a "law firm" (as she highlighted very well in that Rocky parody). So I would have to disagree with the idea that she accepted TB the Pauper 100%.

And is anyone else tickled by how TB & DJ like only slept together in her room on special occasions or something eventhough they are already living together and their moms already caught them in bed together although they were only really sleeping at that time? keke

LOL, yeah, I thought that was odd, too. :lol:

didnt she rejected Sae Do`s proposal already? and then the next her father comes to town and then tests Sae Do and stuff...

i`m thinking that the reason why Seon Ju`s father came back to Korea is that she said to him that she's preggy and that she might be getting married soon..

But she seemed surprised when he showed up out of the blue in front of her house like that. And she told SD in one conversation that he's going overseas because she told him to, and implied that her father is overreacting. No, I think that her dad was just testing SD for the fun of it...you know, fathers love tormenting their daughters' lovers. :rolleyes:

Guest amane~matsuo

But she seemed surprised when he showed up out of the blue in front of her house like that. And she told SD in one conversation that he's going overseas because she told him to, and implied that her father is overreacting. No, I think that her dad was just testing SD for the fun of it...you know, fathers love tormenting their daughters' lovers. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I remember..! she did looked surprised ^ ^ heehee.

So that scene where SD talked with KTJang he accepted it <_< but now, knowing SJ`s father and having told by his father that SJ is *fond* of him, I really hope he stays, and sacrifice career over love . it`s hard, especially for SD but SJ`s dad told him to hold on and don`t give up :sweatingbullets:

nyway.. dreading the week ahead :tears:

Guest suzziee

I think I must be the only idiot who doesn't hate TB's ex, Su Jin to the core :blush:

To me, she's sort of like the typical annoying evil girl who tags after the Oppa type of character, and I'm glad she got put in her place by TB's mother ultimately but I think I can't hate her too much because

1) She was willing to give TB back his job. Yes, he's brilliant and good at what he does, but, how many people can just waltz in after a year's absence and demand things and so readily obtain consent? (Of course it helps she is the boss's daughter and probably gets her way around these things but still...)

2) She's got a sassiness that distinguishes her from other evil girls. Maybe its just the actress but she's got this vivacity that I find terribly appealing.

3)I know for a fact that these thick-skinned annoying lawyer types out there exist. I'm not sure if its the profession itself (although I'm inclined to think so from personal experience) , but Ive personally met plenty of these people who think they are the whole world and can get whatever they seek as long as they turn on the charm. Its quite a snake-y charm and I personally get turned off, but these people do exist. So I guess that angle of realism makes me hate her alot less.

Guest amane~matsuo

I think I must be the only idiot who doesn't hate TB's ex, Su Jin to the core :blush:

To me, she's sort of like the typical annoying evil girl who tags after the Oppa type of character, and I'm glad she got put in her place by TB's mother ultimately but I think I can't hate her too much

i`m irked at her, at first really. she pushes herself too hard on TB ~ and maybe she thinks she`s more advantageous than DJ becoz well, she's younger, a lil hotter and yes, TB`s folks approved of her and was fond of her before that now she thinks everything before can be turned around. I think she's a selfish kinda girl, but I can understand why she`s like that. It`s human nature to want what others have. you know, when you were a kid, and there's this toy just lying in the corner and then when your baby bro/sis starts playing with it you start grabbing onto it.

& maybe she still loves her but then love aint selfish~~ if you really love someone you'd be happy even if it means you'll be seeing that person with another. you will be giving. so yes, that's how i see it to her. she really has confidence that's over the top and i`m just glad TB`s mom really put her in her place... I just wonder if she'll give up now.. or pursue TB further.. :rolleyes:

I know it's all sweet and all but how many people can really accept a pauper? Love doesn't pay the rent so it's not particularly wrong for a woman to want her man to have a respectable and well paying job. Dreams are dreams and we should follow our hearts and all that but sometimes, we have to make sacrifices first. A lot of people own businesses while having a 9-5. He can still open his restaurant while sacrificing by working at the firm.

It's easier and makes sense to do things on your own terms when you're single, but when you're not, you have to make sacrifices. This is part of life.

Archived