[Drama 2023] Behind Your Touch, 힙하게

larus

Spoiler

Lee Min Ki Transforms Into A Former Ace Detective Who Gets Demoted To A Strange Village In “Behind Your Touch”

Lee Min Ki Transforms Into A Former Ace Detective Who Gets Demoted To A Strange Village In “Behind Your Touch”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Behind Your Touch” has unveiled the first glimpse of Lee Min Ki in character!

“Behind Your Touch” is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Boon (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul. EXO’s Suho also stars as Kim Sun Woo, who suddenly comes down to the village of Mujin one day and starts working as a part-timer.

In the newly released stills, Lee Min Ki transforms into former ace detective Moon Jang Yeol, who graduated top of his class from the National Police University but is later sent down to Mujin, a rural village with zero violent crime. The first still captures Moon Jang Yeol’s fiery determination as he swears to return to Seoul and back to the metropolitan investigation team soon.

lee-min-ki-1.jpeg

However, the next stills hint at Moon Jang Yeol’s struggle to adapt to Mujin and its suspicious villagers. On the first day of being transferred to the Mujin Police Station’s violent crime investigation team, Moon Jang Yeol immediately goes around the village looking for crimes to solve. However, a series of unexpected things keep happening to him, making viewers curious as to what makes Moon Jang Yeol, who doesn’t even bat an eyelash at most violent crimes, look like he’s having a mental breakdown.

lee-min-ki-2.jpeg

lee-min-ki-3.jpeg

As to the reason why he chose to star in another project of director Kim Seok Yoon after starring in Kim Seok Yoon’s latest drama “My Liberation Notes,” Lee Min Ki remarked, “I had a lot of trust in director Kim Seok Yoon, who worked with me in my previous drama, and the script was so attractive. It was a script that made me laugh as I was reading it, and it’s been so long since that ever happened.” Lee Min Ki added, “And it was also great to be able to do [the drama] with Han Ji Min.”

Sharing what he thinks is the unique charm of “Behind Your Touch,” Lee Minki said, “There are various entertaining aspects due to the genre. The characters are also very unique with their own distinctive charms and the plot itself is funny, scary, sad, and will make you curious.”

Lastly, Lee Min Ki remarked, “Jang Yeol is a tsundere. He seems tough and eccentric but he is actually a warm and affectionate person. I remember thinking ‘I hope he’d get along with other characters in the drama.’ Please also look forward to the funny banters between [Moon Jang Yeol] and Bong Ye Boon.”

“Behind Your Touch” is set to premiere on August 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “King the Land.” Check out the teasers here and here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603342wpp/lee-min-ki-transforms-into-a-former-ace-detective-who-gets-demoted-to-a-strange-village-in-behind-your-touch

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 26, 2023
10 3

The series Behind Your Touch (directed by Kim Seok Yoon and Choi Bo Yoon, with the screenplay penned by Lee Nam Gyu, Oh Bo Hyun, and Kim Da Hee) takes place in the idyllic and crime-free rural village of Mujin. It follows the story of a hardworking veterinarian named Bong Ye Bun (Han Ji Min), who unexpectedly develops psychometric abilities, allowing her to see the past of both animals and humans. When a passionate and elite detective from Seoul named Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) comes to the village, he meets Ye Bun and comes to know of her unique abilities. Together, they embark on a hilarious journey of solving peculiar cases.

rN2gkD_2f.jpg

The show boasts a comedic investigative thriller that promises to bring laughter to even the most serious of situations.

Actor Lee Min Ki plays Moon Jang Yeol, an elite detective from Seoul, who aims to reclaim his former position after being unfairly transferred to Mujin. In order to do so, he seeks the assistance of Bong Ye Bun (Han Ji Min), a diligent veterinarian with a unique power to see the past of both animals and humans.

Together, the duo embarks on a rollercoaster of laughter, suspense, and heartwarming moments while tackling intricate cases which go beyond imagination.

Lee Min Ki shared his excitement for the project, citing his trust in director Kim Seok Yoon and the captivating script as the reasons behind his decision to join the drama. He revealed that Behind Your Touch offered a script that brought genuine laughter to him. Additionally, he expressed delight in collaborating with co-star Han Ji Min, further stoking fans' anticipation for their performances.

pd7gnB_2f.jpg

Spoiler

60gKyg_2f.jpg

qYng22_2f.jpg

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-min-ki-is-a-tough-detective-with-a-kind-heart-in-behind-your-touch

• Like 1

Spoiler

EXO’s Suho Is A Mystery Man Who Steals Han Ji Min’s Heart In New Drama “Behind Your Touch”

EXO’s Suho Is A Mystery Man Who Steals Han Ji Min’s Heart In New Drama “Behind Your Touch”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Behind Your Touch” has shared a sneak peek of EXO’s Suho in character!

“Behind Your Touch” is a new comedy-mystery drama set in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime. Han Ji Min will star as Bong Ye Boon, a busybody veterinarian who somehow winds up with the supernatural ability to see the pasts of other people and animals, while Lee Min Ki will play Moon Jang Yeol, an ambitious detective who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul.

In what marks his first drama role in five years, Suho will be playing Kim Sun Woo, a friendly outsider with the face and personality of an angel. After suddenly arriving in the village of Mujin one day for mysterious reasons, Kim Sun Woo steals Bong Ye Boon’s heart with his lovable smile and warm disposition.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama make it easy to see why Bong Ye Boon can’t help but fall for Kim Sun Woo. Whether smiling brightly at Bong Ye Boon outside the convenience store where he works part time or tenderly bestowing affection on a cat, Kim Sun Woo is the definition of lovable.

However, another photo captures Kim Sun Woo gazing wistfully off into the distance, his signature smile nowhere to be found. It remains to be seen what secrets this mysterious outsider might be hiding—and what brings him to the tiny village of Mujin.

Suho-2-1.jpg

Explaining why he was drawn to “Behind Your Touch,” Suho shared, “I’ve always really liked director Kim Seok Yoon’s work, so I wanted to work together with him. The script was really fun to read, and I found the character of Sun Woo extremely appealing, so I thought to myself that I really wanted to try playing him no matter what.”

“The other actors appearing in the drama were also actors that I’ve always liked, so I wanted to work together with them as well,” he continued. “I think this drama will be an especially meaningful one for me, because I was able to work together with such wonderful people and create a great drama.”

Suho-3-1.jpg

Suho went on to describe “Behind Your Touch” as “a drama that does a great job mixing multiple genres, including thriller, comedy, and romance.” He added, “I hope that you’ll personally tune in to watch the fast-paced plot and enjoy this entertaining story.”

As for his character in the drama, Suho noted, “Sun Woo, who boasts handsome looks and a caring personality, is a character who is veiled in mystery. He’s a part-timer at a convenience store who exudes a mysterious aura, so I really pondered a lot and tried my best to imbue each and every line of dialogue with meaning while acting.”

Suho-4-1.jpg

“Behind Your Touch” will premiere on August 12, taking over the time slot currently occupied by JTBC’s “King the Land.” Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603480wpp/exos-suho-is-a-mystery-man-who-steals-han-ji-mins-heart-in-new-drama-behind-your-touch

News bites: July 29, 2023

by tccolb

A new trailer has come out for JTBC’s Behind Your Touch as well. But watch out for whiplash as the tone jumps from serious to wacky, with Lee Min-ki (My Liberation Notes) tasking Han Ji-min (Yonder) to get her… hand on all the townsfolk and find the culprit. Also starring Suho (Rich Man), the fantasy rom-com launches on August 12. [JTBC News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-29-2023/

From the aspect, Han Ji Min`s character reminds me of Amélie, of the the French movie with the same name. They realy put her to touch all the people`s butt. Rude.

Spoiler

Han Ji Min And Lee Min Ki Discuss Their New Partnership Over A Meal In “Behind Your Touch”

Han Ji Min And Lee Min Ki Discuss Their New Partnership Over A Meal In “Behind Your Touch”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Behind Your Touch” has dropped new stills!

“Behind Your Touch” is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Bun (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul.

The newly released stills feature the contrasting appearances of Bong Ye Bun, who hurriedly eats soup in a sloppy manner, and Moon Jang Yeol, who passionately talks about something.

behind-your-touch-03.jpeg

The wary face of Bong Ye Bun after hearing Jang Yeol’s words makes viewers curious to find out about what kind of partnership they will agree to.

behind-your-touch-02.jpeg

In the image below, Ye Bun and Jang Yeol, who come across each other at night, jump out of their skin, creating laughter.

behind-your-touch-04.jpeg

Han Ji Min raised viewers’ anticipation for the drama by sharing, “There were a lot of comic scenes with actor Lee Min Ki, so we both had to be energetic while filming, but he was very easygoing, so I could film comfortably. There are many things I wanted to emulate from him as he is an actor with a maturely open mind.”

Lee Min Ki also remarked, “I had a lot of fun working with actress Han Ji Min because we had great chemistry. I personally really liked the character Bong Ye Bun, but I’m completely in love with the Ye Bun portrayed by Han Ji Min. I have never seen such a charming character in any other projects.”

Spoiler

behind-your-touch-01.jpeg

“Behind Your Touch” is slated to premiere on August 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “King the Land.” Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604058wpp/han-ji-min-and-lee-min-ki-discuss-their-new-partnership-over-a-meal-in-behind-your-touch

News bites: July 31, 2023

by tccolb

optimize

Over on JTBC, more stills have been released of our bickering duo Han Ji-min (Yonder) and Lee Min-ki (My Liberation Notes) in the upcoming Behind Your Touch. The fantasy rom-com also stars Suho (Rich Man) and will be taking over the weekend slot after King the Land, premiering on August 12. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-31-2023/

by lo_ve, August 3, 2023
3 3

Lee Jung Eun will be making a special cameo appearance in the upcoming K-drama Behind Your Touch

On August 3rd, Lee Jung Eun's agency Will Entertainment announced that Lee Jung Eun will be making a special appearance in the upcoming K-drama Behind Your Touch. The actress already finished filming for the upcoming series. 

This will be the reunion of Han Ji Min and Lee Jung Eun. The two worked together last year through the hit K-drama Our Blues as well as in 2019 with the series The Light in Your Eyes. This will also be Lee Jung Eun's reunion with the same director and writer of The Light in Your Eyes.

Behind Your Touch will tell the story of the people in a rural farm village. It will showcase the journey of a veterinarian with psychometric superpowers and a passionate detective who will work together to solve minor crimes. 

The upcoming K-drama will be led by Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, EXO's Suho, Joo Min Kyung, Kim Hee Won, and Park Sung Yun

It will be the collaboration work of director Kim Seok Yoon and writer Lee Nam Gyu.

Behind Your Touch will premiere on August 12th at 10:30 PM KST. It will be the follow-up K-drama after King the Land concludes.

QJ0Ag6_2f.png

This will be the first appearance of Lee Jung Eun in the K-drama world for 2023. After this series, she will also join the upcoming series A Very Lucky Day, Daily Dose of Sunshine, She Is Different Day and Night, and Alone in the Woods

There are no details yet on the character that will be portrayed by Lee Jung Eun and how it will affect the story of the upcoming K-drama Behind Your Touch. 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-jung-eun-to-reunite-with-han-ji-min-in-behind-your-touch

14+ New K-Dramas To Check Out In August

Aug 4, 2023
by D. Kim

As summer gradually comes to a close, a major wave of new K-dramas hits the screens this month.

Here are some new dramas to check out in August:

“Behind Your Touch”

behind-your-touch-2.jpeg

Cast: Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, Suho (EXO), Joo Min Kyung, Kim Hee Won, Park Hyuk Kwon, Park Sung Yeon, Lee Seung Joon, Park No Shik, Yang Jae Sung, etc.

Premiere Date: August 12

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30 p.m. KST on JTBC

“Behind Your Touch” is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Bun (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603298wpp/14-new-k-dramas-to-check-out-in-august

Spoiler

Park Sung Yeon, Joo Min Kyung, And Yang Jae Sung Are Inseparable From Han Ji Min In “Behind Your Touch”

Park Sung Yeon, Joo Min Kyung, And Yang Jae Sung Are Inseparable From Han Ji Min In “Behind Your Touch”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Behind Your Touch” has dropped new stills!

“Behind Your Touch” is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Bun (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul.

On August 7, the production team shared new stills of the characters who are inseparable from psychometric veterinarian Bong Ye Bun including Bae Ok Hee (Joo Min Kyung), Jung Hyun Ok (Park Sung Yeon), and Jung Eui Hwan (Yang Jae Sung).

The stills below capture the scuffle between Bong Ye Bun and her best friend Bae Ok Hee, who showcase an extraordinary friendship. Even when Bae Ok Hee grabs Bong Ye Bun’s collar, Bong Ye Bun does not seem to be startled or angry at all, making viewers laugh.

Joo-Min-Kyung-00.jpegJoo-Min-Kyung-01.jpeg

Joo-Min-Kyung-02.jpeg

The next images feature the usual appearance of Bong Ye Bun’s friendly aunt Jung Hyun Ok (Park Sung Yeon), who takes care of her niece Bong Ye Bun and her elderly father Jung Eui Hwan cordially.

Spoiler

Park-Sung-Yeon-00.jpeg

Yang-Jae-Sung-00.jpeg

Contrary to her appearance above, Hyun Ok in the image below is fully dressed up while wearing fluorescent lipstick. She heads somewhere with an intense gaze and a smile, which seem to show her determination to win the heart of her first love Won Jong Mook (Kim Hee Won).

Spoiler

Park-Sung-Yeon-01.jpeg

“Behind Your Touch” is slated to premiere on August 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “King the Land.” Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605705wpp/park-sung-yeon-joo-min-kyung-and-yang-jae-sung-are-inseparable-from-han-ji-min-in-behind-your-touch

News bites: August 8, 2023

by tccolb

202308041203374309.jpg

JTBC’s Behind Your Touch is also approaching just around the corner and we get another look at our wacky cast in the latest stills, including Han Ji-min (Yonder) and Lee Min-ki (My Liberation Notes). Coming to our screens on August 12 in the weekend slot, we can also expect a special guest appearance from Lee Jung-eun (Missing: The Other Side 2), who worked with both Han and the production team on The Light in Your Eyes. [JTBC (1), (2), (3), Sports Donga]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/news-bites-august-8-2023/

@Ameera Ali @larus @sweetroad @kokodus @Lmangla @backstreetboysfan @Sleepy Owl

Looks like k-netz are not impressed with the premises of this drama. :blink:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/han-ji-min-behind-touch-sexual-harassment/

Instead of "Behind Your Touch", maybe the drama should have been called "Touch Your Behind" ?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• LOL 5

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

Instead of "Behind Your Touch", maybe it should have been called "Touch Your Behind" ?

I don`t know why the writer thought it could be a good idea to make the heroine touch the butt of random people in the whole drama. :sweat_smile:

• LOL 3

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t know why the writer thought it could be a good idea to make the heroine touch the butt of random people in the whole drama. :sweat_smile:

I'm even more shocked that actors signed up for it.  I mean the theme is quite problematic. :surprisedwut:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Spoiler

EXO’s Suho, Park Hyuk Kwon, Joo Min Kyung, And More Are Suspicious Village Residents In “Behind Your Touch”

EXO’s Suho, Park Hyuk Kwon, Joo Min Kyung, And More Are Suspicious Village Residents In “Behind Your Touch”

Upcoming drama “Behind Your Touch” has shared brand new stills!

“Behind Your Touch” is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Boon (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul.

The released stills depict the strange and suspicious locals of Mujin Village.

First, Kim Sun Woo (EXO’s Suho), who suddenly comes down to Mujin one day and starts working as a part-timer at a convenience store, is captured with an unlikely late-night biking companion, Park Jong Bae (Park Hyuk Kwon), a shaman who has lost his powers but continues to practice shamanism just to earn a living.

Also, Park Jong Bae who works as an Internet broadcaster is captured taking care of his appearance.

Viewers are looking forward to the chemistry between Kim Sun Woo, the mysterious part-timer who lives in Jong Bae’s house, and Jong Bae, who learns English from him in exchange for rent.

behind-your-touch-6.jpg

behind-your-touch-5.jpg

The next set of stills depicts Bong Ye Boon’s best friend Bae Ok Hee (Joo Min Kyung), Mujin’s most sociable person, and Kim Yong Myung (Kim Yong Myung), a charming person with a hidden story.

behind-your-touch-4.jpg

Spoiler

behind-your-touch-3.jpg

Another set of stills depicts Cha Joo Man (Lee Seung Joon), a native of Mujin who is also a gentle and easygoing congressman, and Kim Kwang Sik (Park No Shik), an old bachelor who is now busy stealing women’s hearts after he accidentally gains a superpower by chance, just like Bong Ye Boon.

Spoiler

behind-your-touch-1.jpg

behind-your-touch-2.jpg

The production team of “Behind Your Touch” shared, ”The colorful stories of the strange and suspicious people of Mujin unfold interestingly. Please look forward to the comedic synergy of the characters and the actors’ performances.”

“Behind Your Touch” premieres on August 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606160wpp/exos-suho-park-hyuk-kwon-joo-min-kyung-and-more-are-suspicious-village-residents-in-behind-your-touch

12 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t know why the writer thought it could be a good idea to make the heroine touch the butt of random people in the whole drama. 

Yeah not the best choice eh lol.

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, August 10, 2023

wJA1Nb_2f.jpg

During the JTBC weekend drama Behind Your Touch press conference on August 10th, Han Ji Min introduced the drama as "a work that combines comedy and supernatural to the extreme." However, she initially considered it a romantic comedy.

She continued, "As an actress, I'm eager to pursue comedic series and make people laugh, but it requires courage. I trusted the director unconditionally because of how he directed Detective K, which was well-executed."

qYnrN0_2f.jpg

Han Ji Min explained that she found the fantasy element in the character of Bong Ye Bun, who possesses psychometry abilities, appealing. She praised the drama as a blend of thriller and comedy and anticipated it would be an entertaining and refreshing show to see this summer.

XdZnJg_2f.jpg

Behind Your Touch is a comedic investigative drama that unfolds in the crime-free rural village of Mujin. It revolves around Bong Ye Bun (played by Han Ji Min), an earnest veterinarian who gains psychometry abilities that allow her to see the past of animals and humans, and elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (played by Lee Min Ki), who returns to regional investigation unit in Seoul and needs her abilities.

In Behind Your Touch, Han Ji Min takes on the role of Bong Ye Bun, a veterinarian with supernatural abilities. Lee Min Ki portrays the role of the passionate detective Moon Jang Yeol, while Su Ho portrays the mysterious convenience store part-timer Kim Sun Woo.

Director Kim Seok Yoon of The Light in Your Eyes and writer Lee Nam Gyu reunite after four years to create a unique "psycho-comic thriller."

The drama will premiere on Saturday, August 12th at 10:30 PM KST.

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Behind Your Touch

by missvictrix

AKR20230810123500005_01_i_P4.jpg

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Comedy, romance, fantasy, mystery
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: The drama with the weirdest premise of 2023 is finally coming, folks! And if we take the usual K-drama equation into account — viz., worst premises on paper make for the best dramas — we might just be in for a zinger. (Or am I being too hopeful?)

Han Ji-min plays our wacky veterinarian who sees peoples’ pasts when she touches their behinds. First (rightly) horrified, detective Lee Min-ki soon finds her powers useful, and the hijinks ensue, alongside EXO’s Suho as our heroine’s crush. It sounds just about as bad as bad can be, which gives me great hope. So does the team behind the drama, who last worked on My Liberation Notes, The Light in Your Eyes and This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair.

TL;DR: Han Ji-min is a butt-touching psychic and Lee Min-ki is a cop who needs her help

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/premiere-watch-behind-your-touch

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20230810123500005