[Drama 2022] The Queen's Umbrella/Umbrella, 슈룹

larus

I just fin watching Ep. 13..and my, I wasn't expecting that twist at the end. I'm so curious about what will happen next. For sure, if the Queen Dowager learns the whole truth, she may have to choose between her favorite "grandson" and her least favorite grandson in terms of who she will allow to ascend the throne. If the Queen Dowager does choose Seongnam, it'll be quite interesting and humbling for her, which I can't wait to see. Also, according to the Ep. 14 preview, it seems like the Queen too would have to make peace with the truth about her husband's involvement with CP Taein's passing...what will she decide then? So far, she hasn't stained her hands with blood and injustice, but now, I wonder what's she is willing to sacrifice in order to protect the ones she loves. I hope she never becomes like the Queen Dowager or ones who worked with her, that she loses her humanity.

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

Meanwhile, “The Queen’s Umbrella” successfully remained first place in its time slot despite a slight dip in viewership. The popular historical drama starring Kim Hye Soo scored an average nationwide rating of 12.9 percent for the night.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Climb To New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 3

4 hours ago, haruhi17 said:

it seems like the Queen too would have to make peace with the truth about her husband's involvement with CP Taein's passing...what will she decide then? So far, she hasn't stained her hands with blood and injustice, but now, I wonder what's she is willing to sacrifice in order to protect the ones she loves. I hope she never becomes like the Queen Dowager or ones who worked with her, that she loses her humanity.

i hope that too...it seems her husband did have something to do...yet she'll have to protect the future king that is her son and also seems is  the best choice

• Like 3

After four weeks at No. 1, tvN’s “The Queen’s Umbrella” fell to No. 2 on the drama list this week. The cast also claimed five out of the top 10 spots on the actor list, where Kim Hye Soo came in at No. 2, Moon Sang Min at No. 5, Bae In Hyuk at No. 6, Kim Hae Sook at No. 9, and Oh Ye Ju at No. 10.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of November are as follows:

1. JTBC “Reborn Rich”
  2. tvN “The Queen’s Umbrella”
  3. SBS “Cheer Up”
  4. tvN “Behind Every Star”
  5. SBS “The First Responders”
  6. tvN “Alchemy of Souls Part 2”
  7. KBS2 “Three Bold Siblings
  8. KBS2 “Curtain Call
  9. KBS2 “Vengeance of the Bride
  10. ENA “Summer Strike”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Song Joong Ki (“Reborn Rich”)
  2. Kim Hye Soo (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  3. Han Ji Hyun (“Cheer Up”)
  4. Bae In Hyuk (“Cheer Up”)
  5. Moon Sang Min (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  6. Bae In Hyuk (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  7. Kim Hyun Jin (“Cheer Up”)
  8. Lee Sung Min (“Reborn Rich”)
  9. Kim Hae Sook (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  10. Oh Ye Ju (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1556087wpp/reborn-rich-and-song-joong-ki-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” And “The Queen’s Umbrella” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

Both JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” and tvN’s “The Queen’s Umbrella” hit new all-time highs in viewership last night!

Meanwhile, “The Queen’s Umbrella” also climbed to its highest ratings yet ahead of the final week of its run. The hit historical drama starring Kim Hye Soo jumped to an average nationwide rating of 14.1 percent for its latest episode, marking a new personal record for the show.

“Reborn Rich” And “The Queen’s Umbrella” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 2

Under the Queen’s Umbrella: Episodes 13-14

by alathe

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/cover19.jpg

Our heroine walks her toughest political tightrope act yet as she balances solving her eldest son’s murder with hiding her middle son’s illegitimate child. Meanwhile, sedition brews, and the threat of regicide looms…

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

Hwa-ryeong faces Cho-wol, straight-backed and stern. The baby is indeed Muan’s. Cho-wol wants to leave her in the palace — soon, before she begins to recognize her mother’s face. If it means a better life for her daughter, she’s prepared never to see her again.

Muan hardly knows what hit him. One moment, he’s summoned by his furious mother. The next, he’s holding… an adorable infant child? To his credit, he’s prepared to raise her as his own. To his detriment, he hasn’t the slightest clue how to do it. Hwa-ryeong leaves him desperately cuddling his crying child, frantically pondering the issue of diapers, and — much to my concern — apparently forgetting that babies need to eat. Still, he’s committed. After a long night during which neither baby nor father have much fun or sleep, Hwa-ryeong takes pity, swooping in with grandmotherly wisdom to show him how it’s done. Smiling, she and Muan bond over tales of Muan’s fussy babyhood.

Meanwhile, Seongnam has his own domestic woes. It’s tough when a) you abandoned your wife on your wedding night, b) somehow, the entire palace knows, and c) your grandmother is asking pointed questions about your sex life. However, Cheong-ha is quick to lie on his behalf before the Dowager Queen. Granted, the poor boy’s got trust issues for days, but it’s beginning to occur to him she might not be a spy. Cheong-ha, blissfully unaware that her allegiances are being doubted, seeks clarification from Hwa-ryeong with her usual frankness. Seongnam is aware of how the whole, erm, birds-and-the-bees thing works, right? …Right?

This remains to be seen, as Seongnam’s got more than marital duties on his mind. The King wants to put his new Crown Prince in charge of straightening out Uichang, a social reformation scheme that has fallen to corruption. Predictably, the Chief State Councilor has a thing or two to say about that: those two things being “but, Your Majesty,” and, “over my dead body.” He’s shocked to find that his usual yes-men aren’t piping up in support. The political tide is turning; they’re siding with the King.

Afterwards, Seongnam has a long-overdue talk with his mother. Didn’t he know, says Hwa-ryeong, that Cheong-ha is completely in love with him? No, he did not — because, well, did I mention the trust issues? There’s more, though: Seongnam has made an urgent discovery. Thumbing through the late Crown Prince’s textbooks, he found a torn-off page from his medical journal. It’s a chilling read. The Crown Prince, horribly aware of his own body failing him, records how the pain and bleeding intensified every time he was given acupuncture. Hwa-ryeong’s old suspicions resurface: without a doubt, her son was murdered.

Elsewhere, a resentful Uiseong attends a clandestine meeting — with Physician Kwon and Master Toji. They’re here to convince him of the unthinkable. Uiseong’s already killed one innocent civilian. What’s to stop him from going further? From killing, for instance… a king? Uiseong is outraged, until he learns that Physician Kwon murdered the last Crown Prince — on his mother’s order.

Meanwhile, Muan bursts into Hwa-ryeong’s rooms with a feverish baby in his arms. Hwa-ryeong lovingly reassures him that this isn’t his fault: it’s just colic. Still, Court Lady Shin ought to fetch the child’s wet nurse. Overwhelmed, Muan looks up to see — Cho-wol. It turns out, Hwa-ryeong wasn’t willing to let a mother abandon her child, even for the best of reasons. Not after Seongnam. Instead, she devised a scheme to disguise Cho-wol as a court lady, and was pleasantly surprised by her son’s shouldering of responsibility. One day soon, the couple will be able to live in the open with Princess Ah-ra, their child.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/under-the-queens-umbrella-episodes-13-14/

• Like 2

Just finished watching ep 10... phew, am glad that cross dressing prince is saved! I was worried that he was going to die!... coz of his hanging dramatization!

(plotwise, i thought the king was protecting all the princes, why was the 2nd Grandprince only protected while the 3rd grandprince? aka Cross dressing prince, was only saved after the Queen dispatched her bodyguard? And how did the boyguard find him so fast? Aigoooo....

Well, glad that concubine is demoted to 4th level, the worst of the lot :sweet:

• Like 2

Saw ep15... it seemed flat... Doctor-Prince died so easily... prime minister deserved his death...

Never seen a royal drama where there is no one protecting royal rooms, from the queen mother, the queen, king and the royal princes.... one cant say that this is low budget drama, right..... every court houses seemed without any guards... sigh

Well, im glad that crown prince at least met the grand heir... will he ever give the crown back to him in the future? ... 

Which goes bk to the earlier ep15 convo between the queen and doctor Kwon... 

Why shouldnt current queen feel any remose to the previous royal family who was kill brutally by the queen dowager? 4 dead sons  and she said, why her son was killed?... Like hello... correctly, the previous grand princes killed were also innocent but to make Queen Yoon suffer, the current king's mother kill all except one son... to torture her to be alive in this world...

It doesnt change the fact that the King benefitted from the whole murder of CP Taein.. he wanted the position  the mother gave it to him, he saw the injustice done to his older step-bother but ignore it... so retribution right?...

Complicated.... so the fake king son should take over the throne? Nope, coz he is an evil man as well... sigh... what done is done, what is justice in this drama?

Ep16, what more can we expect? Our handsome crown prince doesnt have much dialogue, or action... but he will gain 21st century girl fans coz of his good looks :happy2:

• Like 3