[Drama 2023] My Perfect Stranger/Run Into You, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대

larus

Jin Ki Joo Tries To Interfere With Lee Won Jung’s Love Life In “My Perfect Stranger”

Jin Ki Joo Tries To Interfere With Lee Won Jung’s Love Life In “My Perfect Stranger”

Apr 29, 2023
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “My Perfect Stranger” (previously known as “Run Into You”) has shared a glimpse of the unusual relationship between Jin Ki Joo and Lee Won Jung!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy time-travel drama about the strange events that unfold when a news anchor named Yoon Hae Joon (played by Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987 together, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

Seo Ji Hye will play the role of Lee Soon Ae, an innocent and sentimental high school student in 1987, while Lee Won Jung will play Baek Hee Seop, a free-spirited student who loves music and attends the same school as Lee Soon Ae. Unbeknownst to them, these two high school classmates will grow up to become Baek Yoon Young’s parents in the future.

In present day, Yoon Young is struggling with her mother’s sudden death when she unexpectedly winds up traveling back in time to 1987. There, she meets her mother’s younger self—and, shortly afterwards, the younger version of her father as well. Hee Seop falls in love with Soon Ae at first sight, and he becomes suspicious of Yoon Young, who keeps interfering with his attempts to grow closer to Soon Ae.

Hoping to prevent her mother’s death, Yoon Young tries to keep Hee Seop away from her by warning him not to hang around her. But even as Yoon Young’s inexplicable behavior makes him doubt her identity, there’s just something about her that also makes Hee Seop concerned for her sake.

Jin-Ki-Joo-Lee-Won-Jung.jpg 

Lee-Won-Jung-1.jpg

Spoiler

Jin-Ki-Joo-1.jpg

The producers of “My Perfect Stranger” teased, “Jin Ki Joo and Lee Won Jung’s bickering chemistry after they meet in the village of Woojungri in 1987 will add to the fun of the drama. Please keep an eye on their cute battle of nerves over Soon Ae, as well as the complex relationship that evolves between the two characters.”

To find out if Yoon Young and Hee Seop will manage to become friends in the year 1987—and whether Hee Seop will catch on to Yoon Young’s true identity—tune in to the premiere of “My Perfect Stranger” on May 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583636wpp/jin-ki-joo-tries-to-interfere-with-lee-won-jungs-love-life-in-my-perfect-stranger

• Like 1

by lo_ve, May 1, 2023
1 0

The long wait is over! My Perfect Stranger is finally premiering later tonight. 

My Perfect Stranger is a K-drama led by Kim Dong Wook, Jin Ki Joo, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Won Jung, Lee Ji Hyun, and Lee Kyu Hoe

The upcoming K-drama will tell the story of a man and a woman who will time-travel to 1987 with different goals. One wants to know the truth about a serial murder case and the other wants to prevent her parents from marrying. 

Kim Dong Wook will play the role of Yoon Hae Joon. He is the youngest anchor to work at his broadcasting station. He is known for being cold and straightforward as a reporter but in reality, he is kind. He accidentally got a hold of a time machine and traveled to 1987. 

Jin Ki Joo will play the role of Baek Yoon Young. She is an ordinary office worker at a publishing company. She will also time travel to make her parents prevent her from marrying. After the two go on with their goals for time traveling, eventually, they will realize that their objectives were connected. 

My Perfect Stranger is the latest work of directors Kang Soo Yeon, Lee Woong Hee, and the writer Baek So Yeon

The first episode will premiere tonight at 9:50 PM KST. Aside from KBS, the K-drama can also be viewed through the global OTT platforms Viki and Wavve.

E5xmE0_2f.jpg

Yoon Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young will suddenly time travel in 1987 to Woojeong-ri Village. Baek Yoon Young will get to befriend the 19-year-old Lee Soon Ae and Baek Hee Seop who will be her parents in the future. Meanwhile, Yoon Hae Joon will disguise as a Korean language teacher and Baek Yoon Young's "younger version" parents will be his students. 

In the village of Woojeong-ri, there will be unusual characters that will wander dangerously to time travelers Yoon Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young. This raises questions as to why they landed in Woojeong-ri Village on their time travel and how they are connected with the people they meet there. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-dong-wook-and-jin-ki-joo-s-my-perfect-stranger-premieres-today

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] My Perfect Stranger/Run Into You, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대- Kim Dong Wook & Jin Ki Joo-Mon&Tue

Premiere Watch: My Perfect Stranger

by missvictrix

PS23042700075.jpg

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Drama, mystery, romance, sci-fi
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Woo hoo, it’s finally here! After network scheduling changes caused unnecessary delay — resulting in the interesting conundrum of Kim Dong-wook versus Kim Dong-wook this May — My Perfect Stranger is finally here. But between the broadcast delay and the numerous (translated) title changes, I’ve decided that this drama really deserves a break. So, drama gods, let it be a good one that’s worth the wait, and one that does my girl Jin Ki-joo well!

Our time travel story starts with news anchor Kim Dong-wook traveling back in time to 1987 with Jin Ki-joo in tow. He’s there to stop a murder, she’s there to stop her parents from marrying — and because this is dramaland, those two things will be deeply intertwined in the fate of our characters. Who are, incidentally, now trapped in the past.

TL;DR: Kim Dong-wook x Jin Ki-joo travel back in time to 1987

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/premiere-watch-my-perfect-stranger/

• Like 1

Press conference pictures

2023042701002985800166491.jpg

At the production presentation held at D Cube City, The Saint in Sindorim, Guro-gu, Seoul on the 27th, director Kang Su-yeon said, “This is my third work with writer Baek So-yeon. However, I was attracted to the setting of the main character going back to the past and becoming friends with her mother when she was young, so I took on the directing role.”

2023042701002985800166492.jpg

https://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20230427010016649

037282048352.jpg

https://m.mbn.co.kr/entertain/tv/4924242#_PA

Spoiler

b59f7dc8-ba92-4048-802a-0cfaa10414a7.jpg

DI6V5DV4C5THTLYWGP2KXN7GQ4.jpg

image_readtop_2023_325893_16825767025448

image_readtop_2023_325947_16825771825448

• Like 1

12 New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In May

May 1, 2023
by D. Kim
20230501132549_may-dramas.jpg?s=900x600&

May has arrived, and so have various new K-dramas to bring excitement to you this month!

These are some new K-dramas that are set to premiere over the next few weeks:

My Perfect Stranger

my-perfect-stranger.jpeg

Cast: Kim Dong Wook, Jin Ki Joo, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Won Jung, Kim Jong Soo, Park Soo Young, Lee Kyu Hoe, Kim Jung Young, Lee Ji Hyun, Choi Young Woo, Jung Ka Hee, Jung Jae Kwang, Hong Seung An, Joo Yeon Woo, Kim Yeon Woo, Kwon So Hyun, Jung Shin Hye, etc.

Premiere Date: May 1

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:50 p.m. KST on KBS2, available on Viki

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when a news anchor named Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, meets Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who travels through time to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583893wpp/12-new-k-dramas-to-add-to-your-watch-list-in-may

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“My Perfect Stranger” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings + “Queen Of Masks” Sets New Personal Best

“My Perfect Stranger” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings + “Queen Of Masks” Sets New Personal Best

KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” has just premiered!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of “My Perfect Stranger,” which is the follow-up drama to “Oasis,” garnered an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent, making it the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday evening drama of the night.

“My Perfect Stranger” (previously known as “Run Into You”) is a fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when news anchor Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584082wpp/my-perfect-stranger-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-queen-of-masks-sets-new-personal-best

• Like 1

Jin Ki Joo Meets Her Mother In The Past In “My Perfect Stranger”

May 2, 2023
by D. Kim

20230502093804_my-perfect-stranger-.jpg?

New stills have been revealed for the next episode of “My Perfect Stranger”!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when news anchor Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

The stills unveiled before episode 2 give a glimpse of Baek Yoon Young meeting her mother Lee Soon Ae (Seo Ji Hye) in the past as a teenager.

In the images, Yoon Young and Soon Ae are sharing a conversation with complex facial expressions. Soon Ae is confused and scared as to why Yoon Young is following her, while Yoon Young is simply excited to see her mother and lies in order to hide her identity.

my-perfect-stranger-1.jpeg

“My Perfect Stranger” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584160wpp/jin-ki-joo-meets-her-mother-in-the-past-in-my-perfect-stranger

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, May 2, 2023
1 0

My Perfect Stranger, starring Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo, premiered with ratings of 4.5% (nationwide) and 4.2%(Seoul). It marks a promising start for the time-travel drama. Let's see how the drama performs in terms of domestic ratings with its upcoming episodes.

1wvb0Q_2f.png

When and where to watch the upcoming K-drama My Perfect Stranger?

Episode 2 of My Perfect Stranger will air on May 2 (Tuesday). Watch the K-drama on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-perfect-stranger-gets-a-promising-start-queen-of-masks-sees-steady-improvement

• Like 1

the car is destroyed and they cannot return to the present.

I dont understand why the FL have to be dumb...She traveled through time but she 

kept talking ''mom..mom''.  :rolleyes:

I guess that was for comedy purposes. 

Anyway, the story becomes more interesting.

The Principal is JH's grandfather, and I didnt expect that Misook wasnt one of the three girls. 

Young Soon Ae is so kind and naive. 

FvIhMOnaAAEXujo?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“The Secret Romantic Guesthouse” Enjoys Boost And Ties With “My Perfect Stranger” In Close Ratings Battle

“The Secret Romantic Guesthouse” Enjoys Boost And Ties With “My Perfect Stranger” In Close Ratings Battle

The ratings race for Monday-Tuesday dramas is fiercer than ever!

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.2 percent. This is a slight decrease from its premiere episode’s rating of 4.5 percent.

“My Perfect Stranger” (previously known as “Run Into You”) is a fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when news anchor Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584317wpp/the-secret-romantic-guesthouse-enjoys-boost-and-ties-with-my-perfect-stranger-in-close-ratings-battle

• Like 1

After premiering with a nationwide rating of 4.5%, My Perfect Stranger got a slight decline in viewership for its second episode. The drama garnered a rating of 4.2% on May 2. My Perfect Stranger's average rating for its premiere week is 4.35%. 

vXNjZB_2f.png

When and where to watch the upcoming K-drama My Perfect Stranger?

Episode 3 of My Perfect Stranger will air on May 8 (Monday). Watch the K-drama on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-secret-romantic-guesthouse-and-family-the-unbreakable-bond-rise-in-ratings

• Like 2

Just finished the first two episodes ... this drama's a mess - but I like it

- The Car - I hope they give us some sort of explanation about its origins ... also explain how a present day teacher could fix a time machine

- When is our FL gonna realize if she breaks up her parents before marriage, she wipes out her own existence?  We have yet to see anything from her even contemplating that. 

- Ko Mi-Sook clearly stole Mom's original work, so its likely when all is set right, our FL will be attending her own mothers book signing in the future.

- Need more on the ML's backstory as the first two episodes were centered on the FL's story for the most part.

Off to a decent start, looking forward to the next episode.

:approves:

• Blob 1

Is it me or are the characters from 1987 seem more cartoonish. Everyone. 

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- When is our FL gonna realize if she breaks up her parents before marriage, she wipes out her own existence?  We have yet to see anything from her even contemplating that. 

Maybe in this universe, they use the Marvel time travel theory. As explained by The Hulk.  

• LOL 1

My Perfect Stranger: Episodes 1-2

by quirkycase

The premiere week gives just what I was hoping for: an intriguing mystery with compelling characters and a touch of nostalgia. It’s shaping up to be an intense ride for our time-traveling leads who find themselves in the past, each with their own strong motivations to change the future.

EPISODES 1-2

After two episodes, I’m already hooked. The drama dives right in without wasting time, but it doesn’t feel rushed. Pieces of our characters’ lives and the mystery are revealed at a good pace – so far, it seems like the type of drama that keeps you on your toes without dragging things out unnecessarily. But what really grabbed me was how emotionally grounded the story feels. While this is a crime mystery/thriller with a lot of ground to cover, our characters’ unique motivations and fears are given center stage.

We’re first introduced to reporter YOON HAE-JOON (Kim Dong-wook) who almost crashes into an old, abandoned car sitting right in the middle of an empty road on a rainy night. Inside the open vehicle, he finds a handy dandy “time machine” manual. He’s too curious to ignore the possibility, however ridiculous it seems, and follows the instructions. He drives through a tunnel and poofs right into 2037. But his excitement is short-lived when he sees something there that shakes him.

Next thing we know, Hae-joon is an old hand at time traveling and mills around 1987 in the village of Woojung-ri. He sets up camp there, becoming a high school teacher and settling in among the residents, endearing himself to the townsfolk by using his knowledge of the future to save some high teenagers from dying.

But he’s not there to sight-see or even save kids – he’s there to find the true culprit of the impending 1987 Woojung-ri serial murders. Hae-joon has made a habit of hopping back and forth between 1987 and his current timeline of 2021, fact-finding and setting things in motion. His next stop in 2021 is to visit the (falsely) convicted serial killer in prison and get his help finding the truth.

Hae-joon isn’t solving this case out of justice or even journalistic duty. In fact, he’s quite literally saving his own skin. We now discover what he learned in 2037: he’s destined to be the serial killer’s next victim in 2022. And seeing as the supposed killer hung himself in prison in 2021 in the original timeline, that means the real killer is someone else.

Next, we’re introduced to the other half of our time-traveling duo BAEK YOON-YOUNG (Jin Ki-joon), an overworked editor/manager for the demanding, self-involved author KO MI-SOOK (Kim Hye-eun). An only child, Yoon-young has a complicated relationship with her parents. She sends money home but rarely visits, seeming embarrassed by her deadbeat dad who’s constantly drunk and gambling and her old-fashioned, quiet mother LEE SOON-AE (Lee Ji-hyun) who spends her days at home watching home videos of Yoon-young as a kid.

Soon-ae comes off as tragically lonely and ignored, waiting around for her husband to come home and her busy daughter to visit. She lives for her family who are busy living for themselves. While it’s clear Yoon-young loves her mom, every time she sees her, she feels angry at how her mom lives her life, wearing cheap clothes and doing nothing for herself.

Making it even more tragic is how proud Soon-ae is of her successful daughter who finds her embarrassing and hard to be around. After pretending not to see her mom while in the mall with her boss, Yoon-young gets into a fight with her mom. Yoon-young yells at her mom for spending her money on shoes for Yoon-young, and Soon-ae calls her out for being embarrassed by her. They go their separate ways, Yoon-young frustrated and Soon-ae hurt.

That night, Yoon-young gets a life-changing call: her mom’s body was found in a river in Woojung-ri. She left a note for Yoon-young, so it’s assumed she died by suicide. (Although, that’s called into question when Yoon-young finds a Bong Bong Teahouse matchbox – the serial killer’s signature – on the shore with an unreadable note inside.)

Soon-ae’s death is tragic both for her sake and the guilt-ridden Yoon-young’s whose regret, pain, and anger are palpable. I’ve always liked Jin Ki-joon, and she’s great here as the daughter who took her mother for granted. She’s utterly devastated and lost when she realizes her mom is gone.

When Yoon-young finally gets ahold of her dad (who’s drunk per usual), she rails against him for how lonely he made her mother. But she doesn’t let herself off the hook either. Yoon-young wishes she could go back in time to stop her mom from meeting her dad and giving birth to her so that her mom could live a life without them making her lonely. Oh, and just to add to her horrific day, Yoon-young is fired from her job.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/05/my-perfect-stranger-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

I feel like they took some plot elements from Back To The Future when it comes to the FL's story arc. We have the FL go back in time only to meet her parents. Her mother had a potental to become a writer but never got a chance to fulfil her dreams. Could we we see her father suddenly having a crush on the FL? It's starting to look like that.   

Also, a Korean HS that doesn't have a school uniform dresscode? That's hard to believe. LOL. 

Spoiler

Unforgettable Scenes From The First 2 Episodes Of “My Perfect Stranger”

Unforgettable Scenes From The First 2 Episodes Of “My Perfect Stranger”

KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” is getting stranger by the episode, but in the best way!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a new fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when news anchor Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

From time-traveling to serial murder cases, the plot has been taking all kinds of twists and turns. Here are three major incidents from the first two episodes as we get ready for Episode 3:

Yoon Hae Joon’s fateful encounter with the retro time machine

After discovering a time machine by chance, Yoon Hae Joon takes a trip to the future out of curiosity. There, he witnesses his own death. He assumes that the person behind his death has something to do with the culprit of the 1987 serial murder case in the village of Woojungri, and so he takes off to the year 1987.

After arriving in the Woojungri of 1987, he befriends the people of the village and solves a drug case that occurs among the female

high school students. With the people on his side, he creates a makeshift identity as a Korean teacher at Woojung High School. This allows him to travel back and forth in time and work on finding the culprit.

However, on one of his trips back to 1987, he gets into an accident with Baek Yoon Young, and the time machine gets broken. Because of this, the two get stuck in 1987.

My-Perfect-Stranger-1.jpg

The complicated situation surrounding Baek Yoon Young, 19-year-old Soon Ae, and Hee Seop

Baek Yoon Young, regardless of how she got there, is happy to be in 1987 because that means she is in her mother’s past. Ignoring the risks, she finds out where her mom lives and follows her around, eventually even running into her father, Hee Seop (Lee Won Jung).

Although Baek Yoon Young’s mother, Lee Soon Ae (Seo Ji Hye), is slightly scared of Yoon Young at first, the two grow closer. Baek Yoon Young makes it her mission to prevent her parents from getting married in the first place, which grows more difficult as Hee Seop falls in love with Soon Ae at first sight. We’ll have to see if Hee Seop listens to Baek Yoon Young’s warning to stay away from Soon Ae. This part of the plot has been bringing viewers a wave of nostalgia as it reminds us of our own memories with our parents.

My-Perfect-Stranger-2.jpg

Perfect endings for “My Perfect Stranger”

Just two episodes in, “My Perfect Stranger” has already made it known that each episode will have its own exquisite ending. The first episode showed the disparity in how Yoon Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young react to the reality of being stuck in 1987: while Yoon Hae Joon is wrought with worry, Baek Yoon Young is ecstatic. The second episode set up how their individual narratives will play out in the year 1987, raising the question of whether it’ll be in their power to alter their fates.

Meanwhile, viewers have been reacting to the drama with comments like “The retro vibes are well-executed, including the color scheme that fits the times,” increasing expectations on how the series will further incite nostalgia.

My-Perfect-Stranger-3.jpg

The third episode of “My Perfect Stranger” will air on March 8 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584978wpp/unforgettable-scenes-from-the-first-2-episodes-of-my-perfect-stranger

• Like 1