[Drama 2023] My Perfect Stranger/Run Into You, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대

larus

Okay~it looks like Hae Jun's dad (could be) the killer. I mean he looked creepy when confronted with matchbox in earlier ep.

Will Hae Jun tell his mom who he really is? Mi Sook shed tears - guess she's human after all LoL. 

Funny how inept the police were LoL and how they kept arresting and releasing Mi Sook's jerk bro. 

Will there be romance for Hae Jun, Yoon Young LoL? But will their time be cut short as Hae Jun doesn't have much time as it is. Like will he even be alive after all this?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

“My Perfect Stranger” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Queen Of Masks” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

“My Perfect Stranger” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Queen Of Masks” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” achieved an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent, seeing a similar score to its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593684wpp/my-perfect-stranger-remains-no-1-in-ratings-queen-of-masks-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-entire-run

21 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

If you don't know what you're looking at/for (or you don't know that what you might see isn't natural or common, because you have no idea about the current technology), it can slip your mind to pay attention to this kind of irregularities. 

Just saying...

Good point.

It just stuck out to me, as my work place used the old CRT screens long after they became obsolete to most others. 

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Okay~it looks like Hae Jun's dad (could be) the killer. I mean he looked creepy when confronted with matchbox in earlier ep.

I really hope its not his dad ... but it probably is.

It would make sense if his dad actually used the car to travel to the future to kill YY's mom ... albeit 30+ years later

That said, if it is I'm gonna cry foul now, as the first episode showed the older Mi Sook come back after the mothers death with incriminating stains on her pant legs, as if she was at the riverside when the mother died.  We better get a good explanation, and it better not be Mi Sook is some mis-understood angel.

Oh and I'll call it now -

HJ will make amends with his mother

HJ will return for YY and they will have some sort of emotional reunion at the bus stop she mentioned in today episode

... I still wanna know where the car came from

• Blob 1

The KBS drama My Perfect Stranger scored a rating of 4.5% for both its 13th and 14th episodes. The average viewership of the series for its penultimate week of airing is 4.5%. My Perfect Stranger now enters its final week of airing. Hopefully, the K-drama will conclude with satisfactory ratings. 

pdK7y8_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Perfect Stranger?

Episode 15 of My Perfect Stranger will air on June 19 (Monday). Watch the K-drama on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/woo-do-hwan-and-lee-sang-yi-s-bloodhounds-tops-netflix-charts

at the beach HJ "promise" nothing will happen to him so maybe something will happen to YY.

then HJ asked YY to wait for him, maybe that implies for YY to wait for him in the future.

haha just write my fun thought. :flushed:

• Blob 1

The best part about this show is the two future characters 'assimilated' with the village people. Perhaps it's because they are only some decades apart. 
Very popular sagueks with time travel usually have spunky, sassy modern women who attracted the attention of the leading characters while leaving the obsequious old fashion ladies jealous of the modern miss. It is really condescending. A lot of ladies, many centuries ago, ruled the land much better than the men.

• Like 1

ep12

:what!:  the egg in the tea...  

The confessing scene was fresh and simple...  nice.  

FyR5ntTX0AA3lvr?format=jpg&name=360x360

The detectives are useless :rolleyes: but Dongshik, at least. tries to find out the truth.

Its strange that HJ didnt even once wonder who left the red car. 

• Like 1

My Perfect Stranger: Episodes 13-14
by quirkycase

It’s the penultimate week, and we’re down to the wire. Between family drama and murder mystery solving, our time traveling leads have a lot on their plates. Knowing they don’t have much time to lose, our reporter decides to play offense this time. Ready or not, they finally get some answers and face a startling truth.

EPISODES 13-14

After Soon-ae’s attack and Hae-joon’s arrest, Yoon-young isn’t about to sit around and do nothing. She knows Mi-sook saw the killer, so she confronts her and demands she tell the truth. That works about as well as you’d expect, and Mi-sook refuses to admit she lied.

Luckily, Soon-ae isn’t badly hurt and wakes up soon enough. She tells the cops Hae-joon saved her and is most definitely not her attacker, so they’re forced to release him. The cops have now “caught” the wrong guy three times and have no leads on the real culprit. More concerned with their image than protecting people, they try to downplay the case. Even after the killer secretly leaves another threatening matchbox in Soon-ae’s hospital room, the cops don’t provide any protection for her. They just tell her family to keep quiet with some lame excuses about protocol and their investigation.

That means it’s up to Hae-joon and Yoon-young, like always, to try to keep everyone safe. But although Hae-joon has been cleared of the murder and attempted murder, he’s got another problem. Dong-shik dug into his background and discovered that all his official records are fake. In fact, there’s no proof that Hae-joon even exists. Now, Dong-shik thinks he’s a spy, which could be worse for him than being a murderer in this period. Hae-joon has no choice but to tell him the unbelievable truth.

He has Dong-shik call in Principal Yoon and then takes them to his murderer investigation room and reveals everything – the time traveling, as well as his and Yoon-young’s true identities. Despite the police case files and future newspaper articles, they think he’s crazy. Until Principal Yoon spots the watch Hae-joon is wearing. He bought that same watch the day before and got it engraved to give to his future grandson. Principal Yoon is now sure Hae-joon is telling the truth, but Dong-shik takes a little more convincing.

After running a DNA test and sticking close to Hae-joon (who has fun freaking Dong-shik out by predicting all sorts of things like the results of baseball games and upcoming news items), Dong-shik finally accepts that he and Yoon-young are from the future. Even stranger for him is that Yoon-young is Hae-seob’s daughter, making them relatives. He’s bummed that she doesn’t know him in the future, having expected that he and Hae-soeb would stay close.

Principal Yoon is delighted that he and Hae-joon are family and takes him out for drinks, insisting he call him Grandfather. Hae-joon is awkward with him, not knowing what to do with Principal Yoon’s excitement and adoration. Principal Yoon senses Hae-joon’s distance and is sad to realize he must not have treated his grandson right in the future.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/my-perfect-stranger-episodes-13-14/

• Like 1

If HJ's father were the killer then he could have travelled to 2022, and killed the 30 plus HJ. He would have recognised HJ as the teacher whose car he had stolen but assuming he was not an utter psycho, he did not know HJ was the son.

But there has to be a story why Principal Yoon was distant from his grandson when he was so excited about his birth.

• Like 1

Jin Ki Joo’s And Kim Dong Wook’s Hearts Grow Fonder For Each Other In “My Perfect Stranger”

Jun 19, 2023
by S. Kim

20230619034414_Jin-Ki-Joo_Kim-Dong-Wook.

KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” dropped new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy time-travel drama starring Kim Dong Wook as Yoon Hae Joon, who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, and Jin Ki Joo as Baek Yoon Young, who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987 together, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

Spoilers

Previously, Yoon Hae Joon was confused by the suspicion that his father Yoon Yeon Woo (Jung Jae Kwang) might be the real culprit. Yoon Yeon Woo, while running away in the time machine car, glared at Yoon Hae Joon who blocked his way in front of a bridge.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture Hae Joon and Yoon Young heading somewhere in the time machine car together.

MPS-05.jpeg

Spoiler

MPS-04.jpeg

In another set of stills, Hae Joon and Yoon Young gaze warmly at each other with their eyes full of trust and affection. Viewers are curious to find out how the last time travel story of the two will unfold.

MPS-01.jpeg

Spoiler

MPS-02.jpeg

MPS-03.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1594878wpp/jin-ki-joos-and-kim-dong-wooks-hearts-grow-fonder-for-each-other-in-my-perfect-stranger

• Like 2

3 Unforgettable Moments From “My Perfect Stranger” Before Heading Into The Finale

Jun 18, 2023
by M. Kang

Approaching its finale, “My Perfect Stranger” left viewers in shock with its most recent episodes!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy time-travel drama starring Kim Dong Wook as Yoon Hae Joon, who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, and Jin Ki Joo as Baek Yoon Young, who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987 together, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

With just two episodes remaining, here are some key moments from episodes 13 and 14.

Spoilers

Yoon Hae Joon ♥ Baek Yoon Young and their promise of a happy future

The two have gradually confirmed their feelings for each other, leaving viewers excited with their promise of a future together. However, Yoon Hae Joon was framed due to misunderstandings by Baek Dong Sik (Choi Young Woo) and had to reveal to Baek Dong Sik and Yoon Byung Goo (Kim Jong Soo) that he and Yoon Young are time travelers in order to escape the investigation.

After leaving the police station, Yoon Hae Joon made a risky decision to apprehend the culprit once and for all, and before that, he headed to the beach with Baek Yoon Young to spend time together. The two shared a heartwarming moment talking about this and that by the seaside, leaving the viewers with a poignant moment to remember.

Will the two be able to return to the altered future together? Viewers will have to see what kind of ending is awaiting Yoon Hae Joon now that he has stopped Yoon Yeon Woo (Jung Jae Kwang) from escaping in the time machine.

My-Perfect-Stranger-8.png

An unpredictable turn of events as the search for the culprit continues

In order to narrow down who the culprit might be, Yoon Hae Joon used himself as bait and conducted a false interview, claiming to have seen the face of the criminal. He and Baek Dong Sik predicted that the culprit would appear at their house after the news ended, but an unexpected development unfolded when Cheong Ah (Jung Shin Hye) appeared instead.

Cheong Ah, who was about to leave town, informed Yoon Hae Joon that she believed her lover Yoon Yeon Woo to be the culprit. After finding his time machine has disappeared, Yoon Hae Joon fell into further confusion. Could his own father really be the criminal?

Several suspects were examined in previous episodes on the quest to find the culprit behind the serial murder case. Yoon Hae Joon’s own father becoming the next person of interest was an unexpected turn that no one saw coming.

my-perfect-stranger-jin-ki-joo-kim-dong-

The year 1987 is changing! What does the future hold?

In his attempt to prevent his own death through time travel, Yoon Hae Joon had to maneuver around several surprise hurdles and variables. But thanks to his false interview, a victim who was ignored by the police finally started receiving protection, and people who had remained silent about the case began to take an interest in it.

Baek Dong Sik, who abandoned his detective work due to guilt toward his nephew, began to believe in Yoon Hae Joon and started to work tirelessly on the case. As the story progresses in a positive direction, anticipation rises for whether the future that Yoon Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young wanted for themselves will unfold in the place they return to.

From thrilling suspense to moments that tug at the viewers’ heartstrings, “My Perfect Stranger” is pulling viewers further into its plot. In the final episode, which will air next week, the truth behind the case and the narratives of all the characters will be unveiled.

My-Perfect-starnger-6-.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1594384wpp/3-unforgettable-moments-from-my-perfect-stranger-before-heading-into-the-finale

• Like 2

5 Revelations In Episodes 13-14 Of “My Perfect Stranger” That Ramp Up The Tension

Jun 19, 2023
by shalini

My Perfect Stranger” is close to the end, and after that cliffhanger last week, our time-traveling sleuths have to use every weapon in their arsenal to stop the future that Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook) witnessed from coming true. But the shocking reveals that began last week are far from over. With Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo) rapidly running out of suspects and in desperation need of allies, they’re forced to re-examine everything they knew. And the culprit may be both closer than they know and the last person they could have imagined.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 13-14 below.

1. Hae Joon revealing that he’s a time-traveler to Dong Shik and his grandfather

Baek Dong Shik (Choi Young Woo) has been itching to figure out the mystery of why Hae Joon keeps appearing at crime scenes for some time now, and finding him at the scene of Yoo Bum Ryong’s (Jo Yeon Woo’s) murder is all the impetus he needs to bring him in. Part of him suspects that Hae Joon can’t be the killer, but there’s just too much that’s suspicious about him. Dong Shik quickly finds that Hae Joon’s credentials are all fake. There still isn’t enough to hold him, given that Hae Joon’s writing is very different from the killer’s, but the only person who can clear him, Lee Soon Ae (Seo Ji Hye), is unconscious after her orde

jin-ki-joo-seo-ji-hye-1.jpg

Left with no choice and facing a police force that is increasingly eager to close the case, Hae Joon asks Dong Shik to come to his home and to bring his grandfather Principal Yoon Byung Gu (Kim Jong Soo). There, he reveals his crime room with articles from the future and that he is a time-traveler and Byung Gu’s grandson. The principal quickly believes him upon finding Hae Joon wearing a watch that he had just bought for his future grandson. It takes a little more convincing to win Dong Shik over, but the fact that Hae Joon knows the news headlines before they’re issued does the trick. With two new and valuable allies on his side and Soon Ae’s testimony that he saved her life, Hae Joon is quickly freed from prison, much to Yoon Young’s relief. But that leaves everyone without suspects. It clearly isn’t Baek Hee Seob (Lee Won Jung) or the currently jailed Go Min Soo (Kim Yeon Woo), and the third suspect on the police’s list (Bum Ryong) is dead. But the killer’s still about, and he’s starting to get nervous.

2. The killer visiting Soon Ae’s hospital room

jin-ki-joo-1-2.jpg

Hae Joon and Yoon Young are terrified upon sighting the killer’s signature matchbox in Soon Ae’s room. The note within is different, warning her that he’ll see her soon. Dong Shik sees this as proof of the killer’s confidence, but Hae Joon sees it as the killer bluffing out of fear. No one has ever escaped his clutches until now. He’s trying to scare Soon Ae into silence. And the worst part is that it seems to be working. Woojung village has been crime-free for five years before this. The villagers don’t like hearing about murder and would rather pretend that it wasn’t happening than try to seek a culprit. The police chief, Dong Shik’s boss, is on the cusp of promotion and doesn’t want a failed murder investigation messing up his chances.

Spoiler

choi-young-woo-kim-jong-soo.jpg

Now that Hae Joon’s been freed, the police are determined to make Min Soo the culprit, even though he was in jail at the time of Soon Ae’s abduction and near-murder. Their plan is to destroy the matchbox left at the site of Soon Ae’s near-murder and pretend that Min Soo was the real killer and that someone else was just attempting a copycat crime with Soon Ae. Dong Shik overhears this and is furious. He steals the evidence from the police storage and hands it to Hae Joon, who realizes that Dong Shik wasn’t the incompetent police officer he’d believed him to be.

Spoiler

kim-dong-wook-choi-young-woo.jpg

This entire time, it was the police chief and his lackeys that were at fault. In the original timeline, Dong Shik took his life after Min Soo’s conviction for reasons that Hae Joon doesn’t know. With the police set on turning Min Soo into a scapegoat instead of solving the actual murder, Hae Joon devises a plan to force the police to do their job. The issue is, it involves the press.

3. Soon Ae reveals all to the press

Hae Joon has no other options available to pressure the police into investigating beyond involving the media. Soon Ae’s father is hesitant to do so as it could provoke the killer even further, but Soon Ae’s mother stands strong. Their family has already lost one daughter to the killer, and both the village and the police don’t seem to care. The police haven’t even posted an officer outside Soon Ae’s home despite the killer having gone as far as to visit her hospital room. Soon Ae agrees to go on air as well with her voice masked and her face blurred.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1585259wpp/5-revelations-in-episodes-13-14-of-my-perfect-stranger-that-ramp-up-the-tension

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

“My Perfect Stranger” Remains No. 1 Ahead Of Finale + “Lies Hidden In My Garden” Joins Ratings Race

“My Perfect Stranger” Remains No. 1 Ahead Of Finale + “Lies Hidden In My Garden” Joins Ratings Race

My Perfect Stranger” continues to reign over Monday-Tuesday dramas ahead of its finale!

According to Nielsen Korea, the second to final episode of KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.4 percent. This is a 0.1 percent dip from its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1595110wpp/my-perfect-stranger-remains-no-1-ahead-of-finale-lies-hidden-in-my-garden-joins-ratings-race

My Perfect Stranger garnered an average nationwide viewership of 4.4% for its penultimate episode, continuing its streak of 4% ratings. The drama's highest rating was 4.7% (episode 8). Hopefully, the finale will conclude with a new record. 

RB2JD6_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Perfect Stranger?

Episode 16 of My Perfect Stranger will air on June 20 (Tuesday). Watch the K-drama on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-tae-hee-and-im-ji-yeon-s-lies-hidden-in-my-garden-starts-off-with-promising-ratings

It's kinda weird hearing the actor playin' Hae Jun's son callin' 'im "dad". When in reality, there's just a gap of 8 years between both actors ha-ha!

And... yet another drama comes to an end.. it was fun while it lasted. I enjoyed the themes of family amidst the crime mystery etc. 

There's still stuff which don't add up but I guess one need to have suspension of disbelief when watchin' dramas anyway LoL.

Adios amigos~ stay safe y'all... XoX.

• LOL 1