[Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

Lee Yoo Bi, Yoon Jong Hoon, And More Get Caught Up In Uhm Ki Joon’s Next Mission In “The Escape Of The Seven”

Lee Yoo Bi, Yoon Jong Hoon, And More Get Caught Up In Uhm Ki Joon’s Next Mission In “The Escape Of The Seven”

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“The Escape of the Seven” follows the story of seven characters involved in the disappearance of a young girl, who was tangled in a complicated web of lies and ambition. “The Escape of the Seven” is the third joint project by scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok and director Joo Dong Min who previously worked together on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series.

Spoilers

The newly released stills depict Matthew Lee (Uhm Ki Joon) attending Sungchan Gallery’s party following the shocking reveal that Matthew Lee is actually Sungchan Group’s successor Shim Joon Seok (“K”), raising anticipation for what his next steps will be.

The stills capture the luxurious Sungchan Gallery VIP party hosted by Sungchan Gallery’s director Shim Mi Young (Shim Yi Young). In the photo, Matthew Lee is captured smiling at her.

the-escape-of-the-seven-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, Han Mo Ne (Lee Yoo Bi), Yang Jin Mo (Yoon Jong Hoon), Go Myung Ji (Jo Yoon Hee) and Nam Chul Woo (Jo Jae Yoon) all appear to be attending the party. After receiving a new mission from Matthew Lee, the four infiltrate the party and scope out the atmosphere while waiting for an opportunity, making viewers curious for what events will unfold at the party.

the-escape-of-the-seven-2.jpeg

In the upcoming episode, Matthew Lee’s new mission will begin, and as Geum Ra Hee (Hwang Jung Eum), Han Mo Ne, Cha Joo Ran (Shin Eun Kyung), Yang Jin Mo, Go Myung Ji, and Nam Chul Woo struggle with the mission, Min Do Hyuk (Lee Joon) will face a different danger.

The production team further shared, “An unexpected murder case will occur, and Shim Joon Seok’s insecurity will also be revealed.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624155wpp/lee-yoo-bi-yoon-jong-hoon-and-more-get-caught-up-in-uhm-ki-joons-next-mission-in-the-escape-of-the-seven

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Aren’t you supposed to compare the ratings when the shows come on? @backstreetboysfan just posted an article which said it was number one.

That was only for yesterday when “My Dearest” was not shown due to baseball playoff. Both serials air at the exact time slot and in the past few weeks “7 Escape” (6-7%) is way below “My Dearest” (10-12%).

I am very sure “My Dearest” will be above “7 Escape” again for today’s episode. It will be 11-13% for “My Dearest” vs the same 6-7% for “7 Escape”.

• Like 1

Stop the Do-Hyuk/Monet ship!!!!!! Someone please stop it. 

2 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Same here. This drama is absolutely bonkers, yet I'm starting to like some of the villains more?

We're coming to the point where we're rooting for the less evil. 

---

Chairman Bang's money belongs to Dami. She's coming back to claim it.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

That was only for yesterday when “My Dearest” was not shown due to baseball playoff. Both serials air at the exact time slot and in the past few weeks “7 Escape” (6-7%) is way below “My Dearest” (10-12%).

I am very sure “My Dearest” will be above “7 Escape” again for today’s episode. It will be 11-13% for “My Dearest” vs the same 6-7% for “7 Escape”.

Is this time travel? I watched Durian or rather FFWed through, they left it hanging at the end. So bored with it now. 

This one is a big change, the bad people are hogging screen time.

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

“Castaway Diva” And “My Dearest” Part 2 Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Castaway Diva” And “My Dearest” Part 2 Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” also scored an average nationwide rating of 5.6 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624241wpp/castaway-diva-and-my-dearest-part-2-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

Unlike The Last Empress and Penthouse, this drama lacks a righteous heroine. Someone like Oh Sunny (The Last Empress) and Shim SuRyeon (Penthouse), and it probably became more likely that Bang Dami is just Empress So-Hyeon (The Last Empress) and Min Seol-Ah (Penthouse). There is no sign of Guem La-Hui becoming one. Even after she admiteted that Dami is her daughter. She betrayed Ki-Tak twice, and it looks more like she's just like Min Yoo-Ra (Last Empress) and Cheon Seo-Jin (Penthouse). Han Mone is basically Ju Soo-Kyung (Penthouse).

Was anyone hoping that Guem La-Hui would be reedeemed in the last few episodes of Season 1 so she can become the heroine for Season 2? 

Han Mone??? Will you help Do-Hyuk and Michelle avenge their family? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Unlike The Last Empress and Penthouse, this drama lacks a righteous heroine. Someone like Oh Sunny (The Last Empress) and Shim SuRyeon (Penthouse), and it probably became more likely that Bang Dami is just Empress So-Hyeon (The Last Empress) and Min Seol-Ah (Penthouse). There is no sign of Guem La-Hui becoming one. Even after she admiteted that Dami is her daughter. She betrayed Ki-Tak twice, and it looks more like she's just like Min Yoo-Ra (Last Empress) and Cheon Seo-Jin (Penthouse). Han Mone is basically Ju Soo-Kyung (Penthouse).

Was anyone hoping that Guem La-Hui would be reedeemed in the last few episodes of Season 1 so she can become the heroine for Season 2? 

Han Mone??? Will you help Do-Hyuk and Michelle avenge their family? 

This story like what many highlighted is a mess and lack someone we can root for. Initially, we were rooting for Matthew Lee, only to know he's a fake. And now, we are made to sympathise with the 7 (6 of which are supposed to be indirectly or directly causing Dal Mi's death). 

Min Do Hyuk or Kang Ki Tak (supposedly he's not dead and will be back after a time jump?) is supposed to be the good guy but honestly I felt that Do Hyuk is too dumb to be duped by Matthew and he does not give the aura of the hero in this serial.

It is also getting muddled in terms of what kind of story it wishes to tell. Is it about revenge on Dal Mi's death? Or is it about revenge on getting back his inheritance right for Joon-Seok? Or what really???

Kim Soon-Ok is too ambitious to tie all this into a coherent storyline.

I actually prefer "Perfect Marriage Revenge" shown in MBN on Sat & Sun. It has a clear revenge plot that is not muddled by extra sub-plot that eventually confuses everyone. The heroine of the serial is also someone you can identify with and you will root for her in her revenge plan!

I am actually glad that the serial is winding down its Season 1 with another 3 more episodes and I think it will end with a cliffhanger (much like how Penthouse Season 1 & 2 ended).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

It is also getting muddled in terms of what kind of story it wishes to tell. Is it about revenge on Dal Mi's death? Or is it about revenge on getting back his inheritance right for Joon-Seok? Or what really???

IMO, The story of the revenge for Jia's death should had been the main storyline to this drama. We have a heroine which is Michelle (Jia's sister) who has an interesting backstory. She killed her father in self defense but let her sister take the blame all because her sister didn't want to ruin her sister's future. Her sister becomes part of Monet's group of bullies but then decides to leave the  group to become a singer, which leads to her commiting suicide. Michelle doesn't think it's a suicide and tries to seek the truth of her death. 

This story could be a drama/serial in itself.     

• Insightful 2

Omigoodness, the possible hero DH is giving a possibly beginning of a romance look at MN:omg:.

She bullied DM, among other things and she tipped off K that JA is meeting his father or adoptive father causing her death. Geum and the Obgyn pushed Chairman Bang off a bridge… all have blood on their hands, except perhaps DH but he was also in the murderous melee on the island. I can’t think any is deserving of a kumbaya ending. 

I thought it strange that the straggly haired Lee was on the prison island, rescued KT but he was in his old house? There must be a huge distance with obstacles to get there. I am guessing we will get a flashback showing how he got home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Not all heroes have to be totally good or righteous, though.

True, beer swilling or hate kids, loutish are among characteristics that I tolerated in my heroes, but killing is not part of the list.

A possible redemption: 

While Geum and the Obgyn had coldly killed, the other five could be said to be fighting for their survival. DH is not a hero right now. JM’s attachment to Noh is touching. He seems to be living with K, maybe being his dog.

• Like 1

Geum doesn't look like she's going to get redeemed so far. What she did in Episode 14 when she dumped Ki-Tak back into the sea after he "died" shows that she doesn't deserve to be reddemed. She only saved Ki-Tak to tell her where Bang hid his fortune. 

Monet has a potental to be redeemed, seeing that she rescued DH from danger. Of course, one can argue that she did it to get DH behind her. We'll see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

Geum doesn't look like she's going to get redeemed so far. What she did in Episode 14 when she dumped Ki-Tak back into the sea after he "died" shows that she doesn't deserve to be reddemed. She only saved Ki-Tak to tell her where Bang hid his fortune. 

Monet has a potental to be redeemed, seeing that she rescued DH from danger. Of course, one can argue that she did it to get DH behind her. We'll see.

Geum and the obgyn pushed Bang off the bridge, cold blooded murderers. But I have seen characters like that underwent redemption after 6-7 years in prison, mostly in dailies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

Geum and the obgyn pushed Bang of the bridge, cold blooded murderers. But I have seen characters like that underwent redemption after 6-7 years in prison, mostly in dailies.

Based on the preview, it looks like Geum wants to stay with Matthew even after she found out that he is K?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Based on the preview, it looks like Geum wants to stay with Matthew even after she found out that he is K?

Doesn’t she have some plan with the other woman? 

I want to see K’s bio father, the Chairman’s right hand man, make a mistake that exposed him. He had been protecting K who has long left the island. The Chairman should also pay for protecting K even knowing he had killed the mother.

• Like 1