[Drama 2023] King the Land ♔ 킹더랜드 - JunHo & YoonA

Maetawinz

Watch: Lee Junho And YoonA’s Bond Unexpectedly Goes From Sour To Sweet In New “King The Land” Teaser

Watch: Lee Junho And YoonA’s Bond Unexpectedly Goes From Sour To Sweet In New “King The Land” Teaser

A wild fifth teaser has dropped for JTBC’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama “King the Land”!

“King the Land” will tell the story of the unlikely romance between Gu Won (2PM’s Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

The newest teaser begins with the awkward first meeting between Gu Won and Cheon Sa Rang, who are extremely different in every possible way. After she welcomes him with an over-the-top greeting, Gu Won tells her in a disapproving tone, “don’t smile.”

She explains with a bright smile, “Just think of it as my uniform.” However, he quickly wipes the smile off her face when he adds, “If you smile, you’re fired.”

They continue to clash as time goes on, with Gu Won warning Cheon Sa Rang, “I’m pretty sure I told you not to fake smile.” Annoyed, Cheon Sa Rang responds, “I’m working right now.”

While Cheon Sa Rang must do everything she can to survive each day, Gu Won has lived his entire life like a king while being supported by everyone around him. Despite this obvious difference, Gu Won starts to grow attached to Cheon Sa Rang and becomes even more determined to win her over when she turns him down.

When Gu Won’s secretary Noh Sang Sik (Ahn Se Ha) jokes that others might assume Gu Won has a crush on Cheon Sa Rang, Gu Won denies it with a suspicious level of aggression.

Eventually, the two warm up to each other and their relationship starts to develop romantically. At the end of the teaser, they’re sitting outside together when Gu Won sweetly comments, “I will protect you.” Despite his intentions, the smallest sound sends him into a frenzy as he lets out a small cry and quickly hides behind Cheon Sa Rang.

Catch the full teaser below!

JTBC’s “King the Land” premieres on June 17 at

10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a different teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1591292wpp/watch-lee-junho-and-yoonas-bond-unexpectedly-goes-from-sour-to-sweet-in-new-king-the-land-teaser

• Love 1

Im YoonA <King The Land> new still cuts!

Im YoonA explaining why she chose the work said, "I usually like romcoms and since my previous work is a noir genre, so I thought it would be better to greet my next work with a brighter and more pleasant work. I also chose it because many people like when I played an active and bright character. The hotel's VVIP lounge as the background setting is also a different charm. 

To build the character, she said, “For Cheon Sarang, King Hotel is a place filled with childhood memories. When I had to work or smile as a hotelier, I will act thinking about Cheon Sarang's sincere heart and the meaning of King Hotel for her. There are also many other sides as well, but Cheon Sarang is a friend who is good at work and has a sense of responsibility and mission, so I tried to show those aspects well.”

<King The Land> has a variety of fun, from comic elements to sweet romance. In particular, you will be impressed with the way see Cheon Sarang seek for a real smile and the cute side of the cranky Gu Won who changes when he meets Cheon Sarang. There are also many location shoots, it would great to look forward to the visual beauty of the drama as well.”

[NEWSEN]

0000613065_003_20230605102602195.jpg?type=w430

0000613065_001_20230605102601321.jpg?type=w430

0000613065_002_20230605102601410.jpg?type=w430

Spoiler

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Shares What Drew Her To Upcoming Rom-Com “King The Land” With Lee Junho

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Shares What Drew Her To Upcoming Rom-Com “King The Land” With Lee Junho

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA has dished on her upcoming role in “King the Land” as the smiley Cheon Sa Rang!

JTBC’s “King the Land” will tell the story of the unlikely romance between Gu Won (2PM’s Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

On why she chose to star in this highly-anticipated upcoming drama, YoonA shared, “I normally enjoy romantic comedies and since my last work was of the noir genre, I thought it’d be nice to greet viewers with a brighter and more cheerful project next. I also chose [this drama] as I was reminded of how many people liked when I portrayed proactive characters with bright personalities. The fact that it’s set with a hotel VVIP lounge as the background also had quite a unique charm.”

YoonA-2.jpeg

To the point where she’s known as the “queen of smiles,” Cheon Sa Rang is constantly flashing a friendly smile. However, there’s actually a hidden story behind why she can’t help but smile in any given situation, which is closely linked to the King Hotel.

YoonA elaborated on this aspect of her character, commenting, “To Cheon Sa Rang, the King Hotel is a place full of childhood memories. When having to smile or work as a hotelier, I acted while constantly thinking about Cheon Sa Rang’s sincere heart and meaning for the King Hotel.”

She continued, “Although she has many other sides, Cheon Sa Rang is someone who does her job incredibly well and has both responsibility and a sense of duty, so I worked hard to make sure those aspects were shown well.”

YoonA-1.jpegYoonA-3.jpeg

Lastly, YoonA picked a key point for viewers to look forward to, saying, “There’s all kinds of fun in ‘King the Land,’ from comedic elements to a sweet romance. In particular, seeing Cheon Sa Rang discover her real smile and the cute side of the cold Gu Won who transforms after meeting Cheon Sa Rang will leave lasting impressions. Additionally, as we had many location shoots, you should look forward to the visual aesthetics.”

“King the Land” premieres on June 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Catch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592028wpp/girls-generations-yoona-shares-what-drew-her-to-upcoming-rom-com-king-the-land-with-lee-junho

Lee Junho <King The Land> new still cuts!

Lee Junho explaining why he chose the work said, “As it is a romantic comedy, I had expectations that I wanted to make the work enjoyable, and I thought that there would be joy in completing the work together with a good director, staff, and actors with a pleasant chemistry. I wanted to act with a code that viewers would like to laugh and flutter.”

To build the character, he said, “I want to show you based on restrained emotions so that you can feel the cynical side of Salvation and the sense of coercion in every scene, even if you don’t say anything. And after meeting Cheon-Rang, he breaks down the wounds and traumas, and I hope that those images will be the charm point of Salvation. In terms of style, I wear a three-piece suit like a 3rd generation conglomerate, but I thought it would be nice to see the shape and strength of the body even outside the suit, so I prepared hard.” 
"I think the charm of 'King the Land' is that the parts that I know are approaching anew. The process of salvation and angel love permeating into each other, I ask for lots of love and interest in the romance between the two.” 
[KBS]

0000056333_001_20230607052401523.jpg?type=w430

0000056333_002_20230607052401676.jpg?type=w430

0000056333_003_20230607052401811.jpg?type=w430

• Blob 1

Spoiler

Lee Junho, YoonA, And More Pick Keywords To Describe Their “King The Land” Characters

Lee Junho, YoonA, And More Pick Keywords To Describe Their “King The Land” Characters

The stars of JTBC’s “King the Land” have shared keywords to describe their characters in the upcoming rom-com!

“King the Land” will tell the story of the unlikely romance between Gu Won (2PM’s Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel. The cast also includes Go Won Hee, Kim Ga Eun, Ahn Se Ha, and Kim Jae Won.

Lee Junho introduced his character Gu Won with the keywords “no smile,” “rich,” and “love.” Although he’s a wealthy and privileged third generation chaebol, Gu Won hates fake smiles and has both avoided and been unable to experience real love. But when he meets Cheon Sa Rang, he slowly starts to change and realize the true power of love.

Lee-Junho.jpeg

For her character Cheon Sa Rang, YoonA chose the keywords “smile,” “hotelier,” and “sincerity.” She explained, “‘Smile’ because she’s a character with a beautiful smile, and I believe ‘hotelier’ is her representative image because she does her job well enough to be picked as the kindest employee. And since she uses this energy to express herself and treat hotel customers and those she loves with sincerity, I chose the keywords ‘smile,’ ‘hotelier,’ and ‘sincerity.'”

YoonA.jpeg

Go Won Hee portrays King Air flight attendant Oh Pyung Hwa and picked the key phrases “peacemaker,” “rich with excitement,” and “a bear who wants to be a fox” to describe the role. She elaborated that Oh Pyung Hwa is someone who wants to avoid conflict, even if that means enduring unfair situations on her own, and someone who comes alive with excitement whenever she’s with her best friends Cheon Sa Rang and Kang Da Eul (Kim Ga Eun). Even though she does her best to do what’s beneficial for her, Oh Pyung Hwa often misses out on crucial opportunities due to her perseverance and honest personality.

Go-Won-Hee.jpeg

Cheon Sa Rang and Oh Pyung Hwa’s best friend Kang Da Eul is a working mom and “sales king” at duty-free shop Alanga. The character is portrayed by Kim Ga Eun who shared, “Kang Da Eul is a ‘superwoman’ who’s passionate about work and her family but also prioritizes her best friends Cheon Sa Rang and Oh Pyung Hwa. As long as she has her reliable colleagues, beloved daughter, and loyal friends by her side, she’s a character who is first and foremost honest, bold and loyal no matter what.”

Spoiler

Kim-Ga-Eun.jpeg

Ahn Se Ha takes on the role of Noh Sang Sik, Gu Won’s secretary even though they began working at the same time. As the character is so unpredictable, the actor chose the keyword “bouncy ball” and added “needle and thread” because he follows Gu Won around wherever he goes. Through this character, Ahn Se Ha will depict bright energy and entertaining banter with Gu Won.

Spoiler

Ahn-Se-Ha.jpeg

Last but not least is Kim Jae Won as Lee Ro Woon, a King Air flight attendant who only has eyes for his co-worker Oh Pyung Hwa. The actor explained his character with the keywords “straightforward younger man,” “umbrella,” and “romanticist” and added, “Lee Ro Woon is someone who wants to be a beneficial person and reliable umbrella to Oh Pyung Hwa, whom he likes.”

Spoiler

Kim-Jae-Won.jpeg

JTBC’s “King the Land” premieres on June 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST and you can check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592424wpp/lee-junho-yoona-and-more-pick-keywords-to-describe-their-king-the-land-characters

Watch: Lee Junho And YoonA Enchant With Their Smiles And Chemistry During “King The Land” Test Shoot

Watch: Lee Junho And YoonA Enchant With Their Smiles And Chemistry During “King The Land” Test Shoot

“King the Land” has shared an adorable behind-the-scenes clip from Lee Junho and YoonA’s test shoot!

JTBC’s “King the Land” will tell the story of the unlikely romance between Gu Won (2PM’s Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

In the drama’s latest making-of video, the two lead actors gather for their test shoot that takes the form of a job interview. Although it’s fake, Lee Junho comments with a giggle that he’s nervous. YoonA prepares for her shoot next and makes the crew laugh as she mixes Korean and English to ask, “Job interview? It’s a job interview? Okay.”

Following their solo shoots, Lee Junho and YoonA begin filming together. While practicing, the two poke fun at the manual “elevator” Lee Junho must take that has tiny buttons. After finishing the take, both actors immediately start laughing and discussing the scene.

The end of the video features YoonA with Go Won Hee and Kim Ga Eun who portray her character’s best friends. After greeting the crew on set, the three stars rehearse a drinking scene with their huge beer glasses filled with water.

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOly0YFlVEM

“King the Land” premieres on June 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Catch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592480wpp/watch-lee-junho-and-yoona-enchant-with-their-smiles-and-chemistry-during-king-the-land-test-shoot

Watch: Lee Junho Narrates How His Perspective On Life Starts To Change After Meeting YoonA In “King The Land” Teaser

Watch: Lee Junho Narrates How His Perspective On Life Starts To Change After Meeting YoonA In “King The Land” Teaser

“King the Land” has shared a narration teaser video of Lee Junho’s character in the drama!

JTBC’s “King the Land” will tell the story of the unlikely romance between Gu Won (2PM’s Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

The newly released teaser begins with Lee Junho’s voiceover calmly introducing Gu Won’s back story. “Born with elegance, charisma, and a sharp mind, he’s charmingly cold and is the heir of King Group. He has everything but one: the answer to why his mother suddenly disappeared.”

The narration continues, “Gu Won sobbed as he looked for his mother, but everyone treated him with a smile. Gu Won cried even more because he was scared of people’s smiles. From then on, Gu Won hated smiles the most.”

The teaser goes on to reveal that Gu Won eventually decided to go back to “the place where all of his misfortune first started” the King Hotel after a mail from an anonymous person arrived on his doorstep. Inside the mail was the personnel record of when Gu Won’s mom worked at King Hotel a long time ago.

On the first day of Gu Won’s return to the hotel, he met Cheon Sa Rang, a strange employee who was “armed with fake smiles,” something that Gu Won initially hated the most. However, at the end of the teaser, the drama hints at Gu Won’s gradual change after meeting Cheon Sa Rang as the narration concludes, “Gu Won starts to change his opinion about smiles because of Cheon Sa Rang. He realizes that the fake smile that he so deeply despised… could have been a pain for the person wearing it too.”

Catch the full teaser below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhK_PT7hc2k

“King the Land” premieres on June 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Catch another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592534wpp/watch-lee-junho-narrates-how-his-perspective-on-life-starts-to-change-after-meeting-yoona-in-king-the-land-teaser

Lee Junho & Im YoonA <King The Land> behind the scene photos!

FyJcOR_aYAEKFoG?format=jpg&name=medium

FyJcOoMaQAAOaWa?format=jpg&name=medium

[NEWSEN]
Lee Jun-ho and Lim Yoon-a, respectively, take on the roles of Gu-won and Cheon-rang, foreshadowing the story of only the two people who will slowly permeate into the King Hotel. 
They plan to show off a perfect scene by shooting while having a lot of conversations with Tikitaka, a mixture of sweetness and bloodiness, and the ever-changing emotional line.

they not only boast unrivaled visual chemistry, but also happily lead the shooting scene with a playful appearance. 

Also, thanks to the in-depth conversation about the work and the chemistry built up through rehearsals, he is exceptionally active as an atmosphere maker even during breaks. I can feel loveliness and excitement in Lee Jun-ho and Lim Yoon-a, who are smiling at each other against the backdrop of the blue sea. 

It is rumored that Lee Jun-ho and Lim Yoon-a, who boast perfect chemistry even during breaks, spared no effort in various ways to express characters who understand each other and grow in Kingdom.

Spoiler

2PM’s Lee Junho And Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Show Off Adorable Real-Life Chemistry On Set Of “King The Land”

2PM’s Lee Junho And Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Show Off Adorable Real-Life Chemistry On Set Of “King The Land”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “King the Land” has shared a cute glimpse of its two leads behind the scenes of filming!

“King the Land” will tell the story of the unlikely romance between Gu Won (2PM’s Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

In newly released behind-the-scenes photos, YoonA and Lee Junho prove they’ve got killer chemistry even when the cameras aren’t rolling. One photo shows the two co-stars joking around between takes, looking every bit a real-life couple as they laugh together amidst some gorgeous scenery.

However, another captures a different side of the duo’s perfect teamwork: when monitoring their performances, the two actors are consummate professionals who exhibit laser focus as they carefully watch a take.

YoonA-Lee-Junho-3.jpgYoonA-Lee-Junho-2.jpg

“King the Land” will premiere on June 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592794wpp/2pms-lee-junho-and-girls-generations-yoona-show-off-adorable-real-life-chemistry-on-set-of-king-the-land

Lee Junho & Im YoonA <King The Land> webtoon poster.

0001258248_001_20230612123101228.jpg?typ

[SINGLE LIST]

Kakao Entertainment first released the JTBC Saturday drama 'King the Land', which is scheduled to air on the 17th, as a webtoon on the 10th.

The webtoon 'King the Land' was born in the drama production stage. Kakao Enter, who recognized the excellent workmanship and potential of the IP, made a proposal to the drama production company and the original author, Choi Rom, to make the project successful. 

The webtoon 'King the Land', which is scheduled to be an expanded version of the world that covers all sequels, main and sequels of the drama, began serialization on the 10th prior to the first broadcast on the 17th and first depicts the childhood of Salvation and Cheonrang, which will not be aired as a drama. I'm going. 

In addition, we plan to include a wide range of stories even after the end of the drama for readers who are curious about the story behind Salvation and Cheonsa-rang.

An official from Kakao Entertainment said, “It seems that there will be fresh fun in viewing different formats such as drama and webtoon at the same time, and looking at different productions and adaptations of each.” 

Meanwhile, the webtoon 'King the Land' will be published simultaneously on Kakao Page and Kakao Webtoon every Saturday from the 10th. The drama 'King the Land' will be available on JTBC on the 17th.

• Love 1