[Drama 2023] King the Land ♔ 킹더랜드 - JunHo & YoonA

Maetawinz

This kdrama gives me the same vibes with Business Proposal and WWWSK. First saw Yoona in K2 and her performance there was okay, but here in King the Land I find her performance a lot better. It also doesn't hurt that she has one of the nicest smiles I've seen in kdrama.

The plot is cliche but I'm glad Jun Ho's annoying haughtiness seems coming to an end as he's started to be attracted to Cheon Sa-rang. The ratings has skyrocketed from 5 to 9%. Hopefully they maintain it till the end.

• Like 5

Here are the ratings for Episode 4 :).

“King The Land” And “See You In My 19th Life” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

“King The Land” And “See You In My 19th Life” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

JTBC’s “King the Land” has continued its perfect streak of gaining more and more viewers with each new episode!

On June 25, the new romantic comedy starring 2PM’s Lee Junho and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its fourth episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “King the Land” scored an average nationwide rating of 9.6 percent, marking a new personal record for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1596350wpp/king-the-land-and-see-you-in-my-19th-life-ratings-hit-new-all-time-highs

• Like 2

I hope it's next week already for ep 5. I'm sure this episode will be a new high rating judging from the scenes we saw on the end of ep 4. Cheon Sa-rang turning around to face Goo Won while a single tear fell from her left eye then tripping and falling into Goo Won's arm was the highlight of the episode.

I wonder if the "couple" picture taken by the lady while the two leads were in their tracksuits would be seen by other people later on. Also nice to see that Cheon Sa-rang was replying to Goo Won's text. Excited to see 4 episodes of flirting and hopefully the admission of love by episode 8.

• Like 2

I still can't get over the running machine scene... it's just too incongruous with almost killing a hotel guest and being best talent 2 years in a row. 

I'm not seeing any chemistry, it just happened too quickly for me. Maybe it's because I'm grumpy like ML but Yoona's scenes do make me squirm a lot as well. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Junho Makes Excuses To Take YoonA Out To Dinner In “King The Land”

Lee Junho Makes Excuses To Take YoonA Out To Dinner In “King The Land”

2PM’s Lee Junho will do everything he can to spend quality time with Girls’ Generation’s YoonA on the next episode of “King the Land”!

JTBC’s “King the Land” is a new drama about the unlikely romance between Gu Won (Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

Spoilers

Previously on “King the Land,” Gu Won—as a dating novice—struggled to find ways to express his growing feelings for Cheon Sa Rang and win her heart. However, despite his lack of prowess, he did manage to slowly get closer to her in his own bumbling ways.

In the drama’s upcoming episode, Gu Won finally manages to get Cheon Sa Rang alone on a romantic dinner date—but under the pretense that it’s merely a perk of being his employee. After buying Cheon Sa Rang new clothes to replace the ones that had gotten soaked in the rain, Gu Won takes her to an upscale restaurant with a view of the Han River, where the two can enjoy a quiet dinner without anyone to disturb them.

Although Cheon Sa Rang is initially flustered by the unexpectedly fancy meal, she soon begins to see the sincerity of Gu Won’s feelings, leading to a change in their dynamic.

Additionally, despite being mistaken for a couple due to their similar outfits, Cheon Sa Rang and Gu Won begin to feel more comfortable around each other after spending some quality time alone.

YoonA-Lee-Junho-2-2.jpgLee-Junho-6.jpgYoonA-1.jpg

Spoiler

YoonA-Lee-Junho-3-2.jpg

The producers of “King the Land” teased, “Starting with this dinner, the relationship between Gu Won and Cheon Sa Rang will change into an entirely new form from what it was before.”

“Will Cheon Sa Rang feel the sincerity of Gu Won’s desire to create the happiest of memories for the person he likes?” they continued. “Please keep an eye on what kind of response Cheon Sa Rang will show when Gu Won offers her his hand.”

To find out how this dinner date changes Gu Won and Cheon Sa Rang’s relationship, catch the next episode of “King the Land” on July 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597530wpp/lee-junho-makes-excuses-to-take-yoona-out-to-dinner-in-king-the-land

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Spoiler

Lee Junho Confronts YoonA’s Ex-Boyfriend An Woo Yeon Outside Her House On “King The Land”

Lee Junho Confronts YoonA’s Ex-Boyfriend An Woo Yeon Outside Her House On “King The Land”

Get ready for a tense face-off between 2PM’s Lee Junho and An Woo Yeon on the next episode of “King the Land”!

JTBC’s “King the Land” is a new drama about the unlikely romance between Gu Won (Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

Spoilers

Previously on “King the Land,” Gu Won rushed to confess his feelings to Cheon Sa Rang the moment he realized how he felt about her. But when he found her outside the hotel, he saw her hugging her boyfriend Gong Yoo Nam (An Woo Yeon), and so the heartbroken Gu Won had no choice but to turn back without making his confession.

However, Gu Won had misunderstood the situation—that evening, Cheon Sa Rang was actually in the process of breaking up with Gong Yoo Nam. Even after the split, the tiresome Gong Yoo Nam kept calling her, and he even wound up making her cry on her birthday.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Gu Won is loitering outside Cheon Sa Rang’s house when he unexpectedly runs into Gong Yoo Nam.

With his feelings for Cheon Sa Rang growing stronger by the day, Gu Won leaves his car to confront her ex-boyfriend. After grabbing Gong Yoo Nam by the wrist, Gu Won glares daggers at him as they exchange words, piquing curiosity as to what will unfold during this highly charged encounter.

Lee-Junho-7.jpgLee-Junho-An-Woo-Yeon-2.jpgLee-Junho-An-Woo-Yeon-3.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Junho-2-2.jpg

To find out what happens between Gu Won and Gong Yoo Nam, catch the next episode of “King the Land” on July 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597675wpp/lee-junho-confronts-yoonas-ex-boyfriend-an-woo-yeon-outside-her-house-on-king-the-land

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 5 :).

“King The Land” Ratings Rise To New All-Time High For 5th Episode In A Row

“King The Land” Ratings Rise To New All-Time High For 5th Episode In A Row

Viewers are loving 2PM’s Lee Junho and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA‘s new rom-com “King the Land”!

Ever since its premiere two weeks ago, JTBC’s “King the Land” has consistently seen its viewership ratings rise with each new episode—and last night was no exception. On July 5, the new drama achieved its highest ratings yet for its fifth episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 9.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597775wpp/king-the-land-ratings-rise-to-new-all-time-high-for-5th-episode-in-a-row

• Like 2

Spoiler

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA And 2PM’s Lee Junho Enjoy A Fiery Dinner Date In “King The Land”

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA And 2PM’s Lee Junho Enjoy A Fiery Dinner Date In “King The Land”

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA will treat 2PM’s Lee Junho to an unforgettable night on “King the Land”!

JTBC’s “King the Land” is a new drama about the unlikely romance between Gu Won (Lee Junho), a chaebol heir who can’t stand fake smiles, and the constantly smiling Cheon Sa Rang (YoonA), who becomes known as the “queen of smiles” while working her way up at the King Hotel.

Spoilers

Previously on “King the Land,” Gu Won and Cheon Sa Rang started to grow closer after seeing new sides of one another during their night together in Jeju. Despite acting aloof, Gu Won repeatedly showed Cheon Sa Rang his caring side, and she began to open her heart to him bit by bit.

Before, Cheon Sa Rang firmly rejected Gu Won when he asked to have dinner with her, telling him she felt uncomfortable with the idea. However, in newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, not only is Cheon Sa Rang dining alone with Gu Won, but she looks completely relaxed and happy while doing so—suggesting that she has finally let her guard down around him.

In one photo, Cheon Sa Rang looks satisfied and proud watching Gu Won hold up a frosty mug of ice-cold beer; in another, she wears a bright smile as they watch the chef put on a fiery show while preparing their meal. The fact that she appears so content and comfortable spending time alone with Gu Won makes it clear that a great deal has changed in their relationship and her feelings about him.

Lee-Junho-YoonA.jpgYoonA.jpgLee-Junho.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Junho-YoonA-2.jpg

The next episode of “King the Land” will air on July 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597709wpp/girls-generations-yoona-and-2pms-lee-junho-enjoy-a-fiery-dinner-date-in-king-the-land

• Like 1
  • Love 1

<King The Land> broke through 10% in viewership ratings.  According to Nielsen Korea, <King The Land> EP.6 recorded 12.017% viewer ratings based on pay-TV households nationwide, an increased by more than 2% compared to EP.5 viewership rating of 9.672%.
SOURCE

:piggie:

0004881651_002_20230703065507645.jpg?type=w430

0001611560_002_20230703070601421.jpg?type=w430
0004881651_004_20230703065507659.jpg?type=w430

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

The butchy sister is just the worst! She has beyond belief sociopathic tendencies.

Yeah, she is quite something.  I wonder how she will react when she finds out that our guy is dating the employee that she hired and fostered.   Will she be happy that he will be distracted from business, or unhappy that he will be more difficult to kick out to somewhere abroad??

By the way 12+ % is some seriously good ratings for the drama now.  Steep rise from the first episode.  I guess people were dying to get a decently-made fluffy drama that is easy to watch!  There have been too few of these lately, unlike in the past.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Lee Junho Tries To Impress YoonA’s Grandmother In “King The Land”

Lee Junho Tries To Impress YoonA’s Grandmother In “King The Land”

2PM’s Lee Junho will go all out trying to impress Girls’ Generation’s YoonA’s grandmother on “King the Land”!

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming sixth episode, Gu Won visits the restaurant run by Cheon Sa Rang’s grandmother Cha Soon Hee (Kim Young Ok). However, he winds up getting more than he bargained for: Cha Soon Hee doesn’t care about his high-ranking position or the fact that he’s looking for her granddaughter, and she immediately puts him to work peeling onions in the kitchen.

Although he is initially taken aback by the situation, Gu Won soon dons a flowery apron and gets to work following Cha Soon Hee’s orders. Later, Cheon Sa Rang is shocked to find him in her grandmother’s kitchen, looking completely focused on the onion in his hand.

Kim-Young-Ok.jpgLee-Junho-1.jpgYoonA-1.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Junho-2.jpg

However, Gu Won’s toils don’t end there. Determined to get on Cha Soon Hee’s good side, the usually aloof and dour Gu Won is perfectly polite as he proffers a bouquet of flowers with a respectful bow.

Fortunately, his efforts don’t seem to go unrewarded—the pleased smile Cha Soon Hee wears as she sees the bouquet suggests that he may be making a good impression as potential grandson-in-law material.

Spoiler

Lee-Junho-YoonA-Kim-Young-Ok-2.jpgKim-Young-Ok-2.jpg

To find out if Gu Won is able to win Cha Soon Hee’s approval as a worthy match for her granddaughter, tune in to the next episode of “King the Land” on July 2 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597817wpp/lee-junho-tries-to-impress-yoonas-grandmother-in-king-the-land

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 6 :).

“King The Land” Ratings Soar Into Double Digits For New All-Time High

“King The Land” Ratings Soar Into Double Digits For New All-Time High

“King the Land” and “Durian’s Affair” are setting new personal bests!

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 2 broadcast of the sixth episode of “King the Land” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 12.0 percent, soaring past double digits and seeing a jump from the drama’s previous personal best rating of 9.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597962wpp/king-the-land-ratings-soar-into-double-digits-for-new-all-time-high

• Love 1

I have to admit that the relationship between Goo Won and Cheon Sa-rang is really going too fast, and at this point the character development isn't really as good as other kdramas. But having said that it is a romantic comedy afterall, and it feels good watching it, so it has achieved its purpose. The scenes in grandma's restaurant was quite funny.

Goo Won is still a bit haughty, but his actions towards Cheon Sa-rang is showing what his heart really feels. Cheon Sa-rang is also noticing it, and she was quite cute when she showed jealousy towards the birthday girl that was flirting with Goo Won.

Another good ending for ep 6, with the shock on Cheon Sa-rang's face after seeing Goo Won. I wonder if her friends will also see Goo Won? If the trailer is an indication, I predict a new high rating for ep 7. Will we see their first kiss next week? I seriously hope we do!!!

• Like 4