[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

13 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I shall not write my Review or Recap on Ep 15 today.  I need to sleep over it.  Will do so tomorrow. 

For me, it is quite Disappointing.  The way the Plot is heading.  The Script-writer is Not Creative and Original enough. 

But I must say one thing:

Han So Ra looks like a Witch in Ep 15.  And frankly, I'm Bored Stiff with her Crazy Antics: those screaming and growling at people.

Ra-EL in her Straight Hair and Pale Face, looks like a Japanese Female Ghost - at times.  Not all the time though.  For some time now, I notice she does not have a pair of nice hands.  Some actresses have very nice hands.  But hers are "wrinkled".

It is difficult to Predict how the Story will end.  Who will be Sacrificed.  But if I have to take a Bet, I will go for a Happy Ending.

I agree. I give it to the writer that at least we got to see the enemies get it a little bit the beginning of the show unlike most revenge dramas that wait till last minute for the revenge to happen. But then this also kind of happening with this show too. We didn’t actually see any justice happen till the last two episodes and even that doesn’t feel natural. It felt cheesy what they did with HPRs character and HSR. Honestly I would have loved to see HPR and HSR go broke and see them living in absolute poverty in the last couple of episodes. Then see HPR in jail and HSR in an insane asylum. Chingu I think those are veins on her hands not wrinkles. But I agree along with the questionable writing, the make up has been very unflattering. Many complain about the eyebrow color and lip color choice. I at first didn’t notice because SYJ is so gorgeous that I guess she can pull off anything, even horrible make up and jewelry choices (ahem motorcycle chain) and wardrobe choices..(weird British hats and dresses were talking about you). I still can’t take any of her close up scenes seriously because for me it’s the upper eyelashes that bother me. I don’t know. I feel bad complaining so much but I can’t hide my utter disappointment of the show. I still find myself cringing or rolling my eyes at certain scenes, especially the ones between CEO and LRE.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I'm distracted by the overuse of filters on the lead actors' face... It's so unnatural, and at this point it gives the story a supernatural feel, without the special effects... :)

I'm also struggling to stay engaged right now...

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

On Ep 15:

1)  Ra-El and Jang Moon Hee spent 13 years to hatch a Plan which is Illegal in the Eyes of the Law.  Evidences which cannot be submitted because they were acquired illegally.   Don't they consult Legal Experts?  Or at least speak to some before embarking on their ideas?

Fortunately Kang Yoon Gyeom has some Conscience.  And is willing to comply with Ra-El's every demand.  Half the battle was won because of Kang Yoon Gyeom.  The Press Conference he gave, revealing the Conspiracy, Murder and Torture plays a Very Important Part.  Otherwise everything will be a Sheer Waste of time and efforts.   Ra-El will be the Laughing Stock in the eyes of her Enemies.

2) The belongings of Ra-El's mother.  I would think that will be the first thing to do.  Get her belongings.  Which may provide some clues or informations. Ra-El never thought of that till this late in time.  By then, Han Pan Ro already knew about it and raised a Legal Objection.  If Ra-El does not have SEP, she will not gain access to them.  Even then SEP gain access by questioning the Staff-In-Charge about her Personal Principles.  Not based on his Authority as the Chief Secretary of the President.

SEP may not have the Legal Rights since he is not a Family Member.  But he should at least reminded Ra-El earlier on.

3) The Character-Role of Han Pan Ro was very Poorly-Written.  He was the Master-Mind of the whole Conspiracy.  More should be written about him.  But he is made out to be more of a "Clown-Figure".

-  His Wife is from a Prestigious Family.  Sister is the Wife of the current President.  How come HPR dares to be so Cruel to her?  None from her family questioned her Death?

-   Does Han Pan Ro live only for Glory and Money?  He does not have a Woman in his LIfe.  Not even a Mistress.  That is incredible.

This Drama would be more interesting if the Plot involves more of Han Pan Ro.  Pit Ra-El and Jang Moon Hee against Han Pan Ro.  And in the Process, have Ra-El seduce Kang Yoon Gyeom.  That would be more Realistic.

After all, Kang Yoon Gyeom is already at Logger-Heads with the 2 Han's FIL and Wife.  

4) The Eldest Daughter of KYG is already in her Teens.  Even if her parents did not contact her, don't she read News?  They should at least showed her returning home to visit her parents out of concern.

5) No Noise from KYG's father?  And his eldest brother?

10 hours ago, philosophie said:

We didn’t actually see any justice happen till the last two episodes and even that doesn’t feel natural. It felt cheesy what they did with HPRs character and HSR. Honestly I would have loved to see HPR and HSR go broke and see them living in absolute poverty in the last couple of episodes. Then see HPR in jail and HSR in an insane asylum.  But I agree along with the questionable writing, the make up has been very unflattering.  I at first didn’t notice because SYJ is so gorgeous that I guess she can pull off anything, even horrible make up and jewelry choices (ahem motorcycle chain) and wardrobe choices..(weird British hats and dresses were talking about you). I still can’t take any of her close up scenes seriously because for me it’s the upper eyelashes that bother me. I don’t know. I feel bad complaining so much but I can’t hide my utter disappointment of the show. I still find myself cringing or rolling my eyes at certain scenes, especially the ones between CEO and LRE.

@philosophie  I agree with you on Ra-El's occasional make-up and fashion faux pas.  It is the Stylist's faults.  Even if they meant to dramatise those particular Scenes with her Fashions, at least be more Realistic.

Ep 8, when Ra-El turned up at Da Bi's birthday celebrations, I find that Ra-El's shoes are not compatible with her "Cabbage Dress".  Honestly, at First Sight, they looked like CLOGS to me.  Very Unrefined.  I would prefer a more Elegant Stiletto type of shoes to go with that dress.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

I was in stitches watchin' ep. 15:joy: it was just so ridiculously funny! WTH La El you slept with Kang despite EVERYTHIN'!??!:tounge_wink: 

When Pan Ro told Kim to shut up omg.:lol: Then Doo Wan's reaction when Pan Ro was conscious & grabbed So Ra! He acted like he was at a haunted house attraction at the amusement park or somethin'.:joy:

Seo pls. I beg you just save yourself ok? Forget about all these bunch of loOney tunes and just run yo. Pls. take Bo Ram, Da Bi with u?

I just CAN'T at sight of So Ra in heavy goth punk makeup toward the end!!!:joy: V. entertaining circus this drama I tell ya. So if any of y'all suffer depression... I suggest u watch "Eve" - total cure.:mrgreen: I don't give a damn how all this loOney circus ends I am just in it for the laughs.:Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I can't believe that the police were in front of So Ra's house to arrest So Ra and they waited outside? Her father has already sold her out and Do Hwan must have admitted to the stabbing and attempted kidnapping of Ra El as following orders from Sora to get a  plea bargain from SEP and that is why he was not arrested. It is gotten to be Penthouse like story, the police did not go find and arrest her.

KYG admitted in the press conference that the Gedix was illegally taken over but all the criminals are still running around free. During the mediation Ra El was told by the mediator that the evidence against KYG, the Hans and personnel were illegally gotten by Ra El thru pretense and can't be used for evidence. However, when Ra El took the evidence from KYG's vault, he already knew the identity of Ra El since So Ra told him. Ra El could argue that KYG had given her permission to enter the vault, he gave her the secret code to the door knowing who she was and what was in there.

KYG knew from the start that Madame Lee of the Gedix company was in the lobby of LY protesting and he knew that his wife killed her. He at least did not agree with the mediator but instead he settled. The Hans protested but they can't do anything since they no longer have any assets, shares, votes or say in the company. The settlement was in favor of Lee Ra El. KYG gave the stolen company and all its assets back to the real owner. His personal wealth, he gave to Dabi in a trust that she will inherit when she is of age. He went missing but Ra El found him at the church where KYG promised undying love.

It seems Ra El is torn between feelings of love, anger and guilt, she keeps having those dreams. Who dies in the next episode?

16 hours ago, philosophie said:

Honestly I would have loved to see HPR and HSR go broke and see them living in absolute poverty in the last couple of episodes.

NO they deserve life imprisonment, living in poverty but still free from the hands of the law, they can still harm and do much damage to anyone. So Ra to prison or the mental hospital of the criminally insane, as for daddy Han, the prison or the dogs might just come looking for him. Kim, his other leg broken, he will be a crawling bug in prison.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just finished Ep 16 RAW.  It is an Anti-Climax.

1) Such a luxurious Villa does not have a Security System.  No Fencing.  Any Tom, Di__   and Harry can simply walk in

2) After receiving a Fake Call from Da Bi, Kang Yoon Gyeom, wants to rush off, leaving Ra-El alone in his Villa - late at night

3) After luring KYG out, Kim Jung Chul came in to kill Ra-El.  KYG came in time to save her.  Killing KJC in the process.  He called SEP to his Villa.

4) The police and ambulance came and took KJC's dead body. 

5) While KYG and SEP were distracted, Han So Ra can very quickly went in to  kidnap Ra-El.

She came ready with Musking Tape to tape up Ra-El's mouth.  And strings to tie up her hands to her back.  Dump her in the Back-Seat of her car and drove off.  How can she has the Strength to carry a 'Sedated" Ra-El to her Car?

6) Ra-El can miraculously untie it and tussle with HSR tilll her car crashed against the hillside. It was a hillside road overlooking the Sea.  HSR stabbed Ra-El in her tummy.

7) Of course KYG and SEP drove their Cars and chased after HSR.  KYG went inside HSR's car and overpower her.  While SEP took Ra-El out to safety.  

8) KYG decided to drive their car into the Sea.  To kill them both

9) HSR's body was found.  She landed in a Lunatic Asylum.  Just as @philosophie had wished for.   But KYG's body was never found.

10) Dr Love gave Testimony.  He led the Police to the Underground Cell where HPR was found Dead.

11) SEP quit his post as Chief Secretary to the President.

12) Ra-El left for Buenos Aires, Argentina.  While there, she met up with KYG.

(What happen to the Children?)

Ending Scene: Ra-El and KYG were dancing Tango.  Ra-El was in a beautiful While Gown.  Was it an Illusion?  Or were they really Re-United ?   That is for Every One To Guess.

Just as  @Latte_Anyday  said, it was a Circus.

:foodie2:   K-Dramas do suck sometimes......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

9) Ra-El left for Buenos Aires, Argentina.  While there, she met up with KYG again.  They danced.  Ra-El in a beautiful While Gown.

was this like, a dream??

or,

a plot between SEP and KYG so that the latter could escape the law for killing Lackey Kim??

Confused Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Now have to drop this drama because of its crappy ending. At least the Penthouse ending made sense (I don't care what you say, it did make sense that Soo-Ryun offed herself after everything that happened. And yes, I wanted Yoon-Hee to come back eventually.)

This is the 2nd weekly drama I've dropped due to the ending. 

• LOL 5

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Eve” Cast Says Goodbye To Drama With Final Remarks

tvN’s “Eve” is coming to an end!

The series is about a chaebol’s 2 trillion won (approximately $1.7 billion) divorce lawsuit that shocks the entire nation. Unbeknownst to the public, the lawsuit is the result of a carefully calculated revenge scheme 13 years in the making.

Seo Ye Ji stars as Lee Ra El, the dangerously alluring woman at the center of the divorce lawsuit. As the truth behind her identity unravels, the only remaining step in her revenge is to wreak havoc in the lives of those involved in the death of her parents.

Firstly, Seo Ye Ji commented, “All the actors and staff members worked really hard. I had to express extreme emotions while playing Lee Ra El, who had a cruel fate, and thanks to them, I was able to focus and shoot until the end. I’m grateful to them.” She also thanked the viewers and added, “Please watch the last episode to see how the revenge ends.”

Seo-Ye-Ji-3-1-800x533.jpg

Seo-Ye-Ji-2-1-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Seo-Ye-Ji-1-2-800x533.jpg

Park Byung Eun, who played Kang Yoon Kyum, the man who chose his dangerous love for Lee Ra El over everything else, remarked, “It is a project that I have been immersed in for 11 months since taking the role and meeting the director and the writer in August of last year to prepare [for my role]. As it is the longest work I have been with as an actor so far, I feel empty, sad, and indescribable that it’s the end.” Then he added, “I’d like to thank all the viewers who have been watching ‘Eve.’ Now, only the final episode is left. I hope you watch until the end.”

Spoiler

Yoo-Sun-Park-Byung-Eun-800x533.jpg

Park-Byung-Eun-1-2-800x533.jpg

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Park-Byung-Eun-3-800x533.j

Yoo Sun, who impressed viewers with her explosive acting as the evil Han So Ra, shared, “‘Eve’ is like a gift to me. Most of all, I met a great character named Han So Ra, and I was so thankful and happy while living as her. I won’t forget the moments that the director, the warm team, the actors who gave it their all, and I filled with passion.” She expressed her sincere gratitude to the fans and added she was able to work with more energy because of their love and support.

Spoiler

Yoo-Sun-2-1-800x533.jpg

Yoo-Sun-1-1-800x533.jpg

Lee Sang Yeob touched hearts with his role as Seo Eun Pyung, the man who genuinely loved Lee Ra El. He said, “Because of the director, cast, and crew, who protected the set together, I received great comfort and strength. I’m really thankful to them. I want to also thank the viewers who supported Seo Eun Pyung and loved ‘Eve.’ I’ll greet you again with a good project.”

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yeob-3-800x533.jpg

Lee-Sang-Yeob-2-800x533.jpg

Lee-Sang-Yeob-1-1-800x533.jpg

The final episode of “Eve” will air on July 21 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

“Eve” Cast Says Goodbye To Drama With Final Remarks | Soompi

• Like 6

13 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

I'm distracted by the overuse of filters on the lead actors' face... It's so unnatural, and at this point it gives the story a supernatural feel, without the special effects... :)

I'm also struggling to stay engaged right now...

I keep hearing this but does anyone have a side by side of the filter vs unfiltered actors face? I think I have seen the filtered so much I can’t even notice or tell there’s a filter.

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I was in stitches watchin' ep. 15:joy: it was just so ridiculously funny! WTH La El you slept with Kang despite EVERYTHIN'!??!:tounge_wink: 

When Pan Ro told Kim to shut up omg.:lol: Then Doo Wan's reaction when Pan Ro was conscious & grabbed So Ra! He acted like he was at a haunted house attraction at the amusement park or somethin'.:joy:

Seo pls. I beg you just save yourself ok? Forget about all these bunch of loOney tunes and just run yo. Pls. take Bo Ram, Da Bi with u?

I just CAN'T at sight of So Ra in heavy goth punk makeup toward the end!!!:joy: V. entertaining circus this drama I tell ya. So if any of y'all suffer depression... I suggest u watch "Eve" - total cure.:mrgreen: I don't give a damn how all this loOney circus ends I am just in it for the laughs.:Twerkdatbutt:

Best attitude to have about this show. At first I was disappointed and frustrated but now like you I just laugh at its messiness and ridiculousness when in no way does this show have any intentional comedic scenes in it.it is so fun hehe

5 hours ago, lila21 said:

NO they deserve life imprisonment, living in poverty but still free from the hands of the law, they can still harm and do much damage to anyone. So Ra to prison or the mental hospital of the criminally insane, as for daddy Han, the prison or the dogs might just come looking for him. Kim, his other leg broken, he will be a crawling bug in prison.

I wrote right after that then they would go to jail. I meant that rather than just seeing a quick demise like them living it good and then suddenly going to jail wouldn’t be as gratifying if like while LRL was collecting the evidence or right before she’s taking it to trial they loose their house and are living in absolute poverty and then-it gets worse. They go to mental hospital and jail. I don’t want to see just one bad thing happen to them, I want to see a lot because it’s usually more than just one event that started the revenge. So if it takes more than one event for the lead to get revenge, why can’t the revenge be more than one event? I hope that makes sense. You had amazing points about how LRL could have handled the evidence from the vault with justifying he already knew her real name. Can you be a writer for this show plz?

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Saw the ^ending^ one minute scene on twitter.. well, glad i stopped watching like 6 episodes back...hehe

Lucky!:D

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Now have to drop this drama because of its crappy ending. At least the Penthouse ending made sense (I don't care what you say, it did make sense that Soo-Ryun offed herself after everything that happened. And yes, I wanted Yoon-Hee to come back eventually.)

This is the 2nd weekly drama I've dropped due to the ending. 

Same chingu. But at least it’s over now. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Okay what the heck was that ending is he alive or?.

Up to interpretation. Probably since they never found his body and that ‘dream’ sequence in the end made it seem like they reunited in the end.

• Like 6

What a craptastic ending ha-ha! Can't say I was surprised. 'Cause like I mentioned before this drama should've wrapped up back in ep. 08. Instead they continued the nonsense for another 8 more ep. Why pray tell why!??!

I feel for Seo honestly I do LoL poor guy he was there for La El from the very beginning but oh well sighs. And the kids but at least Bo Ram has her dad.

Kang continues to be one note in expression even in death ha-ha geezz. And did So Ra watch "The Joker" reruns or what ahahahah!??? Her hair still look amazing even at the sanitarium LMFAo. 

And I don't know why I kept watching this trainwreck tbh LoL. Maybe for the fashion faux pas? The laughs? Kang's constipated looks? It has been fun y'all. Until the next one adios~

• Like 1
  • LOL 4