[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

2 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I mean we've moved from pagers to cell phones already. 

and the mini disc.. lol damn, i recognized that too.. i’m old..

Cry Crying GIF by POWERS

but it’ll be wasted though.. like they chat and confide so much and just, dropped off each other cos of the technology shift.. i used to chat on irc/icq and subsequently moved to aol and msn.. haha.. oh wait, did i just emphasize on my old age again???

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Got confused about the timeline now. I now they're in 1999 now (probably spring/early summer), but I thought 8 months had passed since HD and YJ met each other (when YJ disappeared it showed "3-months later" at his mom's village / then, it showed "5-months later" when he went to Seoul and became a reporter). Then, why is HD's daughter saying they were apart for 6 months?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kboramint said:

If he's just a referee then that could really be a random conversation that had no baring to the story and plot. LOL.  

He can still play a big part. This is the translation of ep7 text preview.

Spoiler

I use google because i can only catch a glimpse when i'm so curious of the details

Hee-do and Yu-rim finished the final safely. But the owner of the gold medal has changed. The two of them at the press conference. She (can be YR or HD) complains about the injustice and the situation is getting bigger and bigger. Yi Jin visits the referee to correct his biased reports.

So the biased referee can be that foreigner. I also saw a tweet that says at the asian games press conference Hee Do created a scene that made her a gold medalist with big number of haters. Will go back once i found the tweet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Okay since eps 1 I feel like we dont get enough of our OTP? Lol. Like a lot of the content (netflix or interview) mostly with 5 friends and the bts also feels too short. .The thumbnail above is also missleading, we only got that bts scene (njh and ktr running together) for like less than 30secs? Lol. Aside of NJH and KTR (3 friends) even got content together, just 3 of them. . . But where is our otp? 

Idk I used to watch a lot of bts and content for otp in drama, I actually started to like NJH and KTR too, but till eps 6 and almost halfway to the end, I feel like we dont get enough of them

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

but it’ll be wasted though.. like they chat and confide so much and just, dropped off each other cos of the technology shift.. i used to chat on irc/icq and subsequently moved to aol and msn.. haha.. oh wait, did i just emphasize on my old age again???

LOL, age is just number, we are still young at heart.

I like the scene where YJ was busy at the fish market and he saw his little brother with his group of friends.

It hurts YJ that his brother tried to hide and lie about his family background.

Guys at his age needs to hang around with friends and not running way from creditors.

How far can one run ?... by hook or by crook , one day you still have to face with reality. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

It's okay... It's just a number  heeee..:dorakiss: When you mentioned irc/icq .. I can't help recalling the number of hours chatting in English on pc, going to the IT lab (which was a different department from mine)... It was fun.   

@Skysky I've already posted the longer version , below it (oh btw don't forget to delete the twit when quote)

p.s

I didn't realise we had the same idea after posting he he he @Thong Thin

• Like 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Kathia said:

Got confused about the timeline now. I now they're in 1999 now (probably spring/early summer), but I thought 8 months had passed since HD and YJ met each other (when YJ disappeared it showed "3-months later" at his mom's village / then, it showed "5-months later" when he went to Seoul and became a reporter). Then, why is HD's daughter saying they were apart for 6 months?

They did get reconnected via pager messages. Maybe from Hee-do's POV and her diary writings, they did meet again. She did imagine them together while listening to his messages.    

• Like 3

My search of the hater tweet brought me to this. 

http://program.m.tving.com/tvn/twentyfivetwentyone/8/Contents/Html?h_seq=1

And after reading it i think what makes them hurt each other at 2319 is this. Yi Jin who witnesses Hee Do's struggle uses his job to tell the world about the real Hee Do. But this backfires on him because journalist should be neutral. Maybe along the way her mother will play a part too in making Hee Do sees that she and Yi Jin's closeness bring harm to Yi Jin and his career as trustworthy journalist. So just like fencing they realize to maintain the distance.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

and can’t wait for HD and YR to know they are each other’s online bff too.. i wonder who will find out first? i hope its YR..

Me too ! imagine both have been chatting and revealing their thougths & not knowing 

the fact that they are seeing each other daily and soon to be rivals.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

This whole episode is so silly.

• Hee-Do hasn't seen JY for almost a year and she decides to invite him to her date and then acts out of character in front of him? What was that?

I could see your point because I myself was expecting more from their encounter after 8 months. I mean, who wouldn't since episode 5?:D Their encounter felt a little...underwhelming. However I realize as much as Hee Do was happy to see Yi Jin again, she could not really hug him or express her feelings that strong because she was...having a boyfriend. She probably was trying to act like a girl who is already in a relationship. And with this sudden happiness she didn't know what to do except to...ask Yi Jin to join her and her bf.

Not only till the moment that Yi Jin held her hand and rushing through the station platform and she regained her calmness that she was herself again. Comfortable and happy around him. And my gosh who doesn't feel excited, or more like exhilarated with all that driving scenes of Yi Jin and Hee Do, just like the old times? It was another scenario of the prince saving a damsel in distress that captures all of our hearts.

Love love love this episode. Nam Joo Hyuk is one of my favorites but Kim Tae Ri has got another fan from 2521.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

just kiss like full house

maybe i should start reading full house too!

there's only 16 volumes

oh wait, kdrama actually has one from the manhwa..

ok nevermind, i'll just stick to HD and YJ progress..

• LOL 4

3 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

this genius  should follow his guessing system and stop solving math problem , he isn’t good at it 

hahaha he is so helpful to YR with the go-to-guess-3 and his immersed efforts to try solve maths himself, even though he only had 9 pts.. he seems proud of himself! i like his attitude!

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I keep coming back here because I loveee this drama so much! :wub:

I like that this drama don't need to use rich-poor or love triangle cliche, just beautiful with two of people supporting each other, without even being romantic. 

we are already in eps 6, but still no romance and skinship between leads (not even a hug!), yet this drama creating buzz everywhere and got quite high rating, just wow! When BYJ and NHD starting to date and doing skinships my heart would explode for real tbh:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): and pleaseeee don't make it short (dating phase) we still in early 23 19, there are still 24 20, 25 21 and NHD middle-age phase yet only 10 eps left :sad1: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1