[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

@piluche That's my exact reasoning hahaha. Love the way you have explained it.

Another reason I believe Baekdo is the endgame, aside from all the theories, is because they have the qualities of a long lasting relationship. They stick with each other through thick and thin and when an issue arises, they seek to solve it. You don't get that "Let's quit" attitude from them as you said (even though Baek Yi Jin has attempted too, but in the end they go back to each other). They are young but when their relationship works as if they were adults.

They have the emotional maturity many need...

Not having seen ep 14 yet, I think YR and JW give more the vibes of youth and fleeting first love, I have not seen them go through enough hardships together or grow together before the final test came (KYR going to Russia). Also, YR's reserved personality when things grow hard could make things even more difficult with distance. So I predict they won't have a happy ending (together).

We could say BYJ is even more reserved than KYR but NHD has already seen him at his most vulnerable moments (when the creditors came, when his father came, when he was job seeking, etc) and has learned to rely in NHD. He still needs a little push which, basing myself on the preview, we will see on the next episode. 

We are talking about a relationship that has been building itself a very strong foundation.

Their growth has been so consistent and great and they have influenced each other's life so much that I find it difficult to believe that now that they have decided to actually give it a shot without reservations, they will hold back or something will make separate them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, piluche said:

Yes, it will be a sad ending because HD and YR are no longer together. They meet when they were 18 and fell in love with their respective partners at 21. The love and friendship for each other were happy during their youth and then they went their separate ways. The meanings to all these sad quotes doesn’t have to apply to HD and YJ. For me, it apply to HD and YR’s friendship. 

I believe this is what the official trailer was talking about. Where Hee-Do says "When we are 18, we first call each other by name." and "At 21, we fell in love."

The trailer was not talking about Hee-Do and Yi-Jin. The trailer was talking about Hee-Doo and Yu-Rim.

Hee-Do and Yu-Rim first met at 18, and they both fell in love when they were 21. Even though not with each other, they both did fall in love.   

@kboramint: yep, that’s the trailer I was referring too. Remember, this story isn’t so much about HD and YJ’s love story, but also the love and friendship between HD and YR as they navigate through high school and fencing together. 

@lin_00: exactly, they build that relationship so strong all the way through to episode 13 (possibly even 15) so it makes no sense to suddenly call it quit and throw a husband and child her way. If you watch the drama, HD has always been the strong minded one. She’s not afraid to fight and work hard for what she wants. She is not afraid to step down so I doubt she would give him up without a fight. She probably would come up with all kinds of scenarios to make it work. I can see YJ giving her up due to his financial hardship and family burden but he already said he will be willing to try everything with her. I doubt he will give her up easily too. Between the two of them, I’m sure they would come up with a solution to trick everyone and still keep their relationship. 

So I hope the writer keeps this love story going. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Hee-Do and Yu-Rim first met at 18, and they both fell in love when they were 21. Even though not with each other, they both did fall in love.   

This could actually work because the story is almost equal parts Hee-do and Yu-rim, though we see a bit more of Yi Jin than Ji Woong. If they are going that route, then I guess I can live with the MinChae is Yurim's kid theory.

9 minutes ago, aria26 said:

This could actually work because the story is almost equal parts Hee-do and Yu-rim, though we see a bit more of Yi Jin than Ji Woong. If they are going that route, then I guess I can live with the MinChae is Yurim's kid theory.

Lol, Minchae can still be Hee-do’s daughter. HD and YJ have her in secret and gave her a new last name. In the earlier episodes when he was hired as a trainee reporter, the head boss recognized him right away as the eldest son of the family that went from rich to rags. His family’s financial situation is well known, creditors are constantly looking for him and his dad, which is why the father went into hiding. Therefore it makes sense that they get a fresh start with a new name for their daughter. Keep her away from the burden of her father’s family’s situation. Protect HD too since she’s an athlete. Imagine if they went public with their relationship, creditors will be at his door and hers, her reputation as a gold medalist will be tarnish by his family’s situation. Makes all the more sense to me why the name change. 

• Like 2

@piluche thanks for your post. I totally agree with this part

6 hours ago, piluche said:

Now….let’s just say they gave love a try and it didn’t work out….but how???? What could possible pull at their relationship enough to break them up? I don’t believe that YJ being a reporter is enough to break them up. And if they did indeed broke up, then how did she manage to meet a new guy, get married, and have a baby during the times she should be training and completing? And I don’t think her husband is another fencer cause Minchae would have seen an article on her dad if he was a fencer. 

This is why I still believe baekdo endgame, no matter how you look at it, it doesn't make sense especially heedoo move to new man THAT fast, also that happen during her intense competition and training and when yijin is still around (the interview 2009), clearly they still love and miss each other from their eyes. Heedoo is strong minded person, even when yijin left without word (to his uncle house), when yijin denied her kiss and denied her love, she still come to him, she still wants and loves him, and waiting for him everyday in front of his house, just like she said no matter where she is she will support and waiting for him, she isn't someone who easily give up

Honestly the drama would down go so fast and become biggest disappointment IF they go with that separation ruote without legit reason and and just like your post, it doesnt make sense especially how baekdo relationship was built, the timing and their personality unless one of them is D, but yijin is clearly alive in 2009

• Like 2

Maybe YJ's congratulations on the marriage on national TV is a deliberate attempt to make it seem like they are not connected (because of the creditors issue). So he doesn't bring her down by association (even if they are privately together). If everyone thinks she's getting married (to someone else), they won't go looking at YJ and his family situation. Maybe in that moment at the end of 14 where HD is promising to take care of everything, she's promising to take care of the debt situation so they can be free of that?

As for actors catching feelings in kissing scenes, er, well, you try kissing someone with 25 work colleagues watching you--some of whom have cameras extremely close to your face. And then try having them critique you afterwards! Can you imagine?! I dunno...it feels like that would um, sorta kill the mood, lol. (Of course, it's not impossible, there are a few who really have ended up endgame, or who look suspiciously like it. One of the more famous pairs is getting married in a couple days here. But I would guess that viewers catch feelings more often than costars do, given the circumstances.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, piluche said:

I went back to watch all the episodes again, in all their scenes, they are so smitten with each other. YJ loves her regardless of what she looks like and do, she loves him because he has been her biggest supporter when her own mom doesn’t even recognize her achievements. Their character development grew up, faced the many challenges of adulthood yet they still remain strong. In episode 13, YJ wrestle with the possibility of ending things with her but in the end, he loves her too much to not give love a try. She too loves him so much that she’s not willing to lose him, even if he doesn’t return her love, she doesn’t want him remove from her life. If you watch from episode 1-13, they keep their love and supports for each other consistent throughout. Then in episode 14, we were hit with that last congratulations on her marriage. 

Thank you for your post.

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to all the hints or present scenes but tried to focus on the story development and time limit. The only obstacle in their relationship that even Hee Do's mother, the coach, and Yi Jin worry about is that they will hurt each other because of his job, but it happened. I believe after the tunnel scene at the end of Ep 14, Hee Do will understand Yi Jin's sufferings, and their love will grow even stronger than ever. 

Also, only two episodes left, but the writer has to show BaekDo's growing relationship, what happens at and after the match in 2001, and answer all the questions related to the present scenes. Isn't it too much job to create another plot twist strong enough to bring Hee Do and Yi Jin apart? 

• Like 1

It’s so interesting to read many theories about BaekDo endgame.  It would be funny if they did secretly get married in 2001 (hence the 2521 theme) but couldn’t make it official until 2009 because they both are public figures. Maybe the same reason why they had to pick a different last name for the daughter. I can see the writer could totally go this route and make it convincing. 

Regardless I would love to see the whole gang again in 2022.  I want to see who they become and whether their friendship survives the test of time.  Maybe the drama will end with “nothing lasts forever except for our bonding…”

• Like 2

@Apricot Tree: I agree…have to focus on the storyline development. We only have two episodes left and we still haven’t resolved BYJ’s family issue. Remember, we still have more loving scenes of the couple coming up too. 

With two episodes left, I don’t know how the writers will break them up and have them go their separate ways after spending 15 episodes getting them to be together. It doesn’t make sense to me if that’s the direction it will head to. In life, we try to find that one love, that special someone that would understand us and love us wholeheartedly. In this drama, I see that in HD and YJ since the start of their friendship. It wasn’t some puppy love, I have a crush on you kind of thing. Sure, we have one kiss so far but since the beginning, they have always expressed their feelings for each through words. Those words of love and support for one another is very strong. 

• Like 1

Be consoled, not all dramas can have happy endings - some happy, sad or are cliffhangers.

HaeRi acted in Mr Sunshine, they were married secretly cos they loved each other so much but husband died tragically to protect her - this is even more sadder, ultimately it was a good drama which won them awards.

• Like 1

Guys I know everyone is discussing the theory rn, but I want to share this pretty shot from bts :wub: 

img.gif

it is unfortunate that the shot wasn't included in actual drama because we can see clearly from yijin pov here, his gaze and acting are really heart fluttering

Source

• Like 3
  • Love 1

They’re hinting BaekDo’s separation in a very obvious way. Way too obvious to the point it made me a little bit more hopeful for their end game LOL. Anyway, hopefully it’ll be nicely wrapped. Whatever the ending is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, banghyeri said:

They’re hinting BaekDo’s separation in a very obvious way. Way too obvious to the point it made me a little bit more hopeful for their end game LOL. Anyway, hopefully it’ll be nicely wrapped. Whatever the ending is.

Or they are deliberately making it obvious because it is what it is :criesariver:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 1

@banghyeri I think because there was someone who claimed to be staff already spoiled about the sad ending and that news was trending on naver, so tvn just go and spoiling it too lmao. The timing is unusual too, because this is still wednesday, they usually release preview on friday/saturday lol, its like they forced to release the preview. I mean how can they spoiled the ending to viewers? how come? Nah I just don't believe it. Someone on twitter said in search WWW (25 21 writer previous work) the main couple also break up then reunite on last minutes of eps 16 (last ep) lol, so there is a hope yall :phew:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2