[Drama 2022] Tomorrow, 내일

agenth

I finally finished ep 15.

Well, that did not take a turn I was hoping for. :tears:

So Joong Gil's gonna sacrifice himself to save Ryeon after he regains his memories. With only one episode left I am fearing that we indeed will not get a good ending when there is still so much pain between our leads.

:criesariver:

I keep hoping for a miracle though. I know I shouldn't, but if Joongryeon doesn't get a happy ending then this drama will go down in kdrama history for the worst ending ever.

:kicks:

One of the reasons why I still hope there is a chance between them, is because Joong Gil hadn't regained his memories when he collected the Reaper's Pledge. (This might be foolish, but am shipping this couple harder than any other couple in kdrama history...)

And the other one because in essence, both Koo Ryeon and Joong Gil are mirroring each other non-stop. They are so alike, it's eerie. Even after the incident with the "car of doom", their reactions of violence because of inflicted pain and hurt was exactly the same.

I know many people are disappointed in Joong Gil tonight, but his wife exhibits similar behavior. They also both fight for justice - and that's why they are soulmates even though their thread has been severed...

A look at their similarities

Spoiler

And let's remember: Ryeon's mission from the start was to save someone. Judging from the preview, it might be her hubby. So let's keep the faith... :heart:

Please please please let us hear once again "Puin" in ep 16.

Despicable Me Please GIF

Chingus, I put up a poll as well :dorakiss:

@Idylla Kaizoku @LeftCoastOppa @sadthe1st @Min2206 @joccu @Ameera Ali @Sleepy Owl@agenth @backstreetboysfan @Dreamofsprings @rocher22 @philosophie @Su u @siachti @ferily @SJW @Yinye    

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 2

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

I know many people are disappointed in Joong Gil tonight, but his wife exhibits similar behavior. They also both fight for justice - and that's why they are soulmates even though their thread has been severed...

I'm more disappointed in writers for their job done poorly. PJG was treated like a child after demanding that was rightfully his, like an unreasonable man, who should just be glad that someone give him time to listen to him (I'm disappointed in the Emperor the most today, how she favored JW, disrespected JG, and lost control over her realm. No wonder the boss of hell come to visit, truly). She knew who he was to her pet reaper (I'm offending her more than KR, sorry), yet doesn't mind erasing his memories, then being all patronizing about it. Lost faith in her. 

It makes me angry that they're feeling are treated like something of cheap hook, not the serious, heartbreaking storyline it grows to be. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

My biggest question is how they are going to wrap everything up in just one episode. I am more or less convinced we're going to have a rushed ending.

EDIT: Isn't Koo Ryeon on a similar rampage that Joong Gil was on when he was trying to protect her from evil talk? She's going out there and punishing in rage people who hurt her maid. Without any thought of the consequences.

She's turned into Joong Gil...

So he will sacrifice himself this time to save Ryeon?

The question is, will Ryeon snap out of it in time and save him from demise?

If they both choose differently this time, will their red thread be mended?

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

The question is, will Ryeon snap out of it in time and save him from demise?

If they both choose differently this time, will their red thread be mended?

It's probably to give them the feeling of the other party. How it is to be the one left behind or the one who wants to sacrifice himself/herself for the loved one. It might be the broken piece that could mend the bond. Like, as soulmate they should be on one mind in their feelings, but the rumors and talks made them divide their attention. KR became concerned on her love to PJG instead of him (so she didn't care for his feelings in the matter is ending her life), he fell into the endless rage for her in her place, forgetting to take her feelings into account (does she want him to be a murder for her). If they acknowledge each other about this, then it might be possible for them to repair the bond - return to the state when the thought as one person. 

(Hope it makes sense. I'm basically saying that it's in their and their alone power to repair this bond.) 

But it's highly unlikely. This drama proved to me they don't care about anything resemble logic. Or common sense. 

The next episode will be about JW and his last day as a temporary worker, and JG's fate in hell will be the last 5 min....

:isannoyed:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

Just now, Idylla Kaizoku said:

(Hope it makes sense. I'm basically saying that it's in their and their alone power to repair this bond.) 

I agree with this statement. I think that's what Madam has been hinting on more than one occasion too. That's it up to them and which path they choose to walk.

Please make this happen. :partyblob:

Beg Please GIF by Harlem

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I hope they don't I wish she will see what she did to the friend and he love her and she love him they have the same personality but they are perfect she don't want him to lo lol se him self and he want her to know to continue leaving for me if the car is that can travel back in in time 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

That’s what he used the contract for? I don’t understand why he didn’t just use it to make ryeon tell him about his past life. So frustrating for this twist. I think I wouldn’t mind it so much if this happened in the beginning or middle episodes, heck it could really spice things up-but this is way too much for the prefinale episode. Again, so much lost potential. Like uri Johnny deep hades. I would have LOVED to see his character more in earlier episodes. SOOO frustrating

i want my happy ending. I too haven’t shipped a couple this bad, ryeon and JG, for as long as I can remember. Oh, also some theorized that JW has a red thread of fate with CH that’s why ryeon said they’re fated (OTP?) at least maybe one character will get a happy ending, grrrr.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Hee Sun, SF9’s Rowoon, Lee Soo Hyuk, And Yoon Ji On Bid Sweet Farewell To “Tomorrow”

The lead cast of MBC’s “Tomorrow” has shared farewell messages ahead of the drama’s grand finale!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Tomorrow” is a fantasy drama starring SF9’s Rowoon as Choi Joon Woong, a mortal who gets into an unfortunate accident while struggling to find a job. As a result, he crosses paths with grim reapers Goo Ryun (Kim Hee Sun) and Lim Ryoong Goo (Yoon Ji On), who work together to save the lives of those who are contemplating suicide, and he winds up joining their team in the underworld as their youngest member.

First off, Kim Hee Sun, who shined with her acting skills as the chic and charismatic grim reaper Goo Ryun, remarked, “I was happy because there were many people who recognized the good messages I wanted to convey through ‘Tomorrow.’ It seems that more people sympathized with the topic of suicide because it is something that isn’t only in Korea but also around the world. The time I lived as Goo Ryun was very precious.” Then she expressed her gratefulness to the cast, crew, and viewers and added she was able to complete the drama because everyone worked on it together.

Kim-Hee-SUn-3.jpeg

Kim-Hee-Sun-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Hee-Sun-31.jpeg

Rowoon touched hearts with his role as the empathetic mortal Choi Joon Woong who joined the Crisis Management Team, and he commented, “I worked on this drama in hopes to be a positive me who can accept the pain that makes me suffer as a new stimulus. I think I realized and learned a lot through ‘Tomorrow.’ I’m happy to meet this great project.” Then he, too, shared his gratefulness to the staff, actors, and fans.

Spoiler

SF9-Rowoon-3.jpeg

SF9-Rowoon-2.jpeg

SF9-Rowoon-1.jpeg

Lee Soo Hyuk added tension and romance to the drama as the cold-hearted Park Joong Gil of the Guiding Management Team. He stated, “I still can’t believe it’s over. The director, writer, staff members, and actors worked hard, and I’m grateful to them. Above all, I’m thankful to the viewers who watched our drama and cheered and sympathized with us. Because of you, I was even happier to play Park Joong Gil.”

Spoiler

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-4.jpeg

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-31.jpeg

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-21.jpeg

Yoon Ji On captivated viewers as the logical and level-headed grim reaper Lim Ryoong Goo, and the actor especially displayed excellent bromance with Rowoon. He said, “It was a set where I received a lot of love from the director, cast, and crew. I had a lot of fun filming, so I’m sad that it’s already over. I want to thank everyone for taking good care of me.”

Then he added, “The drama ‘Tomorrow’ is over, but the webtoon ‘Tomorrow’ will continue, so please show lots of interest and support. Thank you for loving the drama ‘Tomorrow’ and Lim Ryoong Goo.”

Spoiler

Yoon-Ji-On-2.jpeg

Tomorrow-12.jpeg

Yoon-Ji-On-4.jpeg

The final episode of “Tomorrow” will air on May 21 at 9:55 p.m. KST.

Kim Hee Sun, SF9’s Rowoon, Lee Soo Hyuk, And Yoon Ji On Bid Sweet Farewell To “Tomorrow” | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Watching ep 15 and agree with everyone re ‘how are they gonna wrap up everything with just one episode?’ This episode focused too much on the internal fighting/backstabbing and cyber bullying of celebs, which I do think is an important issue! It is literally insane the amount of hate comments people participate in (you can see it in the current le sserafim case - they don’t even care that minors are involved - an accusation is enough to rile them up into a frenzy).  

I felt like they could have balanced it more with the story of Ryeon and PJG. I also want a happy ending for them! They didn’t do anything wrong etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

27 minutes ago, philosophie said:

That’s what he used the contract for? I don’t understand why he didn’t just use it to make ryeon tell him about his past life. So frustrating for this twist.

You know, I think that Joong Gil's choice to use the reaper's contract in that situation underlined one fact:

That Joong Gil wanted to convey to Ryeon that committing suicide does cause immense pain in the people left behind. That was something she didn't realize when she committed suicide herself, but we saw that he suffered from her passing more than anyone. Even several reincarnations couldn't wipe away that pain. And that he is still in pain even though Madam locked away his memories.

I think it makes sense that Koo Ryeon had to face this lesson: that it hurts when someone you love/care for chooses to end their own life. Like he said: pain is the essence of life

We cannot always change fate.

Luckily, Koo Ryeon's maid survived, but Koo Ryeon's downward spiral mirrored exactly what Joong Gil had gone through when he was trying to protect Koo Ryeon.

So will he sacrifice himself for her this time? Yes. Question is if she will be able to save him so that both survive this time around?

27 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Again, so much lost potential. Like uri Johnny deep hades. I would have LOVED to see his character more in earlier episodes. SOOO frustrating

This I agree with! They paced the drama very poorly. The writers really should have done their homework better. :unamused:

Hades (or Hell Oppa as I call him) seems like an interesting character and should have been incorporated a lot earlier.

Looking at the number of "incidents" above it shows how they incorporated too many of them. They could have halved the cases and focused more on the reapers' back stories instead.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

42 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Again, so much lost potential. Like uri Johnny deep hades. I would have LOVED to see his character more in earlier episodes. SOOO frustrating

Me too. Kind of missing him already. He would add the spicy element to the story. The rivalry, the treat, the variety, honestly. Why didn't the use him, if he has so much potential?...

BTS pics, love BTS pics. 

:omg:

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

That Joong Gil wanted to convey to Ryeon that committing suicide does cause immense pain in the people left behind. That was something she didn't realize when she committed suicide herself

It might be his intention, because all in all, her understanding for people who tried didn't extend to people who was left behind. She didn't reflect that much on them, as she did on those pushed to make that decision. It's a good thing she was so determined, but it was only one side of the situation. And also everyone kind of washed off PJG's stance on this, where he has this subconscious feeling of being the one left behind to deal with it. So, in some way, with all her experience, she was a bit selfish, and needed a shake to see the other side. That suicide is hard to those who love the one taking their lives too. Sometimes even more, because they need to live with the fact. 

So will he sacrifice himself for her this time? Yes. Question is if she will be able to save him so that both survive this time around?

PJG was taken captive, but not send to any hell, like KR was when Emperor visited her. So it might be a clue that they still have a chance to find themselves. 

Hell Oppa

Hell of an Oppa, you mean? 

:kiss_wink:

Looking at the number of "incidents" above it shows how they incorporated too many of them. They could have halved the cases and focused more on the reapers' back stories instead.

It looks like they made 1:1 with webtoon (didn't read it, so I'm just guessing, but it's the problem with all adaptation done the wrong way. Not catching the essence and just mimick the original series to the different medium, without taking into account the differences.)

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, ferily said:

Wait is this a bad thing?

It's not satisfying by any means. Not the worse they could do, but after the build up tension from weeks ending like this, the scene in hell and that smile at the end? Nope, it's definitely not good. 

It'll take time to process, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Johnny deep hades

haha first time i saw hell guy it made me think he is a Korean Johnny Depp...

The ending looks good for Rowoon but the time they suddenly built a new ship between him and the maid, they could have used it to make a more satisfying ending for Ryeon and JG.

Honestly, for me it is very disappointing. Their souls are the same in my opinion, just each life of his has shaped him differently, but his essence is the same, and his soulmate is still Ryeon. 

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

I'm going to believe Joongryeon had a happy ending. The fact that she was still wearing the pink eyeshadow that her husband picked out for her, showed us that she still loved him. And he most definitely still loved her too as we saw in their heart to heart talk. We also got a sweet smile between them.

Maybe their threads couldn't be mended, but I am going to choose to believe that they were a happy husband and wife in Jumadeung. And if they ever were to reincarnate, I want to believe that love transcends a red thread.

I'm not happy with the ending, but at least it was open for interpretation. So this is what I am gonna choose to believe. :wub:

With regard to the acting, Kim Hee Sun and Lee Soo Hyuk should do another drama together. Their visuals and chemistry are on another level and match perfectly. A great opportunity was lost by not allowing them to shine together more in this drama.

I feel like the writers really severed their own red thread with good writing, because the show was ill paced and packed with too many cases. They should have focused more on the 4 leads and utilized more of Lee Soo Hyuk from the start. I hope they learn from this, because it was clear also from the low ratings that people weren't happy with the set-up of this drama.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, agenth said:

Honestly, for me it is very disappointing. Their souls are the same in my opinion, just each life of his has shaped him differently, but his essence is the same, and his soulmate is still Ryeon. 

If we make PKG soul different because of his reincarnations, then KR being reaper for so long also changed, yet she remain herself at the core. I don't get it, why this is the reason people try to explain the ending. PJG was without memories displayed many of the characteristic of his past self, but PJG with memories is suddenly a different person because of reincarnations? Can't wrap my head over this one. 

• Blob 3