[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

Episode 117 -

So as bad as the episode was, it looks like the birth secret issues almost have to be resolved sooner rather than later.

- Hae-Ran has finally found Bit-Na, she's not about to take no for an answer - As soon as she realizes whats happened between JM & BSH, there is no reason not to tell them.

- Jae-Min is crushed but he's undeterred - One conversation with Mom is all it takes

- JK is back next episode - She was one of the reasons BSH said she needed JM - Looks like she'll need him again soon

On a different subject - JKs birth "secret"

Did you all catch that casual reference Madame threw out when she was watching JK eat?  She stated that JK maybe crazy because of the alcohol Madame drank when she was pregnant with JK ... 

Madame is JK's mother ...

On an other subject - Why hide in the Family house?

Why wouldn't you just stay at the Villa?  :blink: 

• Like 4

Its because of the Lunar New Year Reunion Dinner that ratings for almost every program yesterday dropped substantially. The rating for the Second Husband yesterday was a miserable 5.7% (1.060m viewers).

Ratings for the next 2 days (the first 2 days of Lunar New Year holidays) will likely be affected so, it's smart for the PD to postpone the show for the next few days. But to extend it for 2 more weeks is ridiculous!

BTW, I saw that the female casts: (Uhm Hyun Kyung - playing an even more naive female lead than BSH if I read correctly, and Kim Hee Jung - she had a son named Seo Jun who eventually died too there....not a good omen for our Bakery Oppa) were also in Man in a Veil. I read in the thread for that serial and the comments were scathing :rubchin: And the female antagonist almost had the same attitude and character as YJK. Will that be the final end game for YJK too in the next 30 episodes?

@Lmangla wrote this on the first page of this thread: "otoke!" -- she said that so many times in man in veil that I am reminded of that when I see her face. :joy: lets hope she doesn't say it as often here."

And our dear BSH just said "otoke" in yesterday's episode 117, after she suggested the break-up with JM and that too after spending the whole day on a picnic with him and TY! That's a painful break-up.

YJK returned to the Yoon's and acting like a ghost, causing the Chairman to think that he saw her. She is planning revenge on BSH by asking her mom to request her dad to clear name. This was overheard by JHR and I am pretty sure she wouldn't rest in her laurel, especially after seeing her alive in the house in the next episode. The investigation into YJK will be stopped and she is officially a free woman. Grrr.......what can be done to land her in jail? 

The second meet-up between JHR and BSH didn't go well though with BSH blaming her Omma on why she gave up so easily after learning about her and her dad's death.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

When do you guys think JM will learn the truth?.

i hope this week, and no in the last 10 episodes of this drama, i want them to have a big wedding, and JM adopt the little boy

After 117 epIsode, i don't want another kiss on the forehead,  i want to see their warm and hot kisses  ( JK and  her husband had many kisses scenes in the beginning) and  I WANT JM AND HER  fight against JK, her minions, the policeman corrupt and the evil charman, we have smart writers here, i hope

32 episodes left

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

i hope this week, and no in the last 10 episodes of this drama, i want them to have a big wedding, and JM adopt the little boy

After 117 epIsode, i don't want another kiss on the forehead,  i want to see their warm and hot kisses  ( JK and  her husband had many kisses scenes in the beginning) and  I WANT JM AND HER  fight against JK, her minions, the policeman corrupt and the evil charman, we have smart writers here, i hope

32 episodes left

Yeah hun @marrez1 I am with you I hope this week as well, and yes to all of that also nod:.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So as bad as the episode was, it looks like the birth secret issues almost have to be resolved sooner rather than later.

- Hae-Ran has finally found Bit-Na, she's not about to take no for an answer - As soon as she realizes whats happened between JM & BSH, there is no reason not to tell them.

- Jae-Min is crushed but he's undeterred - One conversation with Mom is all it takes

Actually HR knows very well what has been going on between JM and BSH.  Remember JM pleading with HR (with BSH present) to stop being nasty to BSH and telling her that she loved Seon Hwa?  That was after HR found out about Sharon and the contract wedding.

But I think the JM matter is not as easy as to be solved by just a chat with his mom. It will be some crushing news for JM to learn that HR is not his mom (and quite probably that the chairman is not his dad either).  HR won't be able to tell him that he is fully an orphan from some unknown parents, which is a hard mental shock for anybody to take.  It will probably require his at least knowing of his actual birth parents, right?  But we have been given no hints at all about anybody who could be JM's parents, and I don't think they are going to start an entirely new story line there with new characters... I guess the drama may act like it is no big deal and that HR just stole him from a hospital or orphanage (which is known to that lady that Sharon bodyslammed)... The drama may have to just gloss over the pain it will cause JM when he learns that he is an orphan.  Anyway, I don't think it will be HR who can tell him the truth.

But HR has to tell BSH very soon, and reduce at least her anguish.  How it will all get revealed to JM and how he will react to it, is tough to guess.   This is all still a bit of a mess!!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Actually HR knows very well what has been going on between JM and BSH.  Remember JM pleading with HR (with BSH present) to stop being nasty to BSH and telling her that she loved Seon Hwa?  That was after HR found out about Sharon and the contract wedding.

:lol: Yes, I know - I've stated that several times already - what I was referring to, was Hae-Ran finding out that BSH & JM have broken up ... when she finds that out, she'll call them both together and explain, and I suspect BSH will forgive HR very soon after that.

9 minutes ago, jayakris said:

But I think the JM matter is not as easy as to be solved by just a chat with his mom. It will be some crushing news for JM to learn that HR is not his mom (and quite probably that the chairman is not his dad either).  HR won't be able to tell him that he is fully an orphan from some unknown parents, which is a hard mental shock for anybody to take. 

I think JM can handle it - other than the fight over BSH, Hae-Ran and Jae-Min seem to have a solid Mother/Son relationship, and I think he'd be relieved to find out he's not her son, for the the sole reason that it'd bring BSH back to him. On the flip side, JM will be VERY upset if he finds out he was adopted, and HR DIDN'T tell him sooner, which keeps him from BSH longer.  I really wouldn't be surprised if JM somehow already knows he's not their son, and its him that tells BSH ... that'd be a great twist.

These 3 have worked well together and if they just talk to each other, they could avoid the mess that delaying it causes - they lose more by avoiding the subject than facing it.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I think JM can handle it - other than the fight over BSH, Hae-Ran and Jae-Min seem to have a solid Mother/Son relationship, and I think he'd be relieved to find out he's not her son, for the the sole reason that it'd bring BSH back to him. On the flip side, JM will be VERY upset if he finds out he was adopted, and HR DIDN'T tell him sooner, which keeps him from BSH longer.  I really wouldn't be surprised if JM somehow already knows he's not their son, and its him that tells BSH ... that'd be a great twist.

These 3 have worked well together and if they just talk to each other, they could avoid the mess that delaying it causes - they lose more by avoiding the subject than facing it.

Yes JM will be hurt but I think he can handle it as well., Yes to him it will mean they can love each freely. That would be amazing twist.

Yes these three just need to talk to each other darn it lol.

• Like 7

HR will certainly act swiftly (from her past actions) to:

1. Do something about BSH and JYM's relationship - even if it will eventually hurt JM as she doesn't want to hurt her daughter anymore.

2. Do something about YJK.

3. Plan the revenge on YDK.

• Like 7

Call me a bleeding heart, but what I dislike the most about these dramas is how breakups always intentionally hurt and demoralize the person being thrown away.  The offending party is never honest with the other and KILLS him or her so nastily with words.  How can they reconcile from all that verbal abuse?  However, they always do.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, jayakris said:

Argh.  Today's was a terrible episode.  Things were just not getting anywhere, and the episode left a lot of things unanswered

18 hours ago, msmy said:

For all of the questions you ask, this is why I am quickly losing interest in this drama.  There needs to be

I do so agree with you two. Watching JK sniggering and smirking with the equally annoying lounge madam was like deja vu. We have seen so many of her crimes and evil deeds and we are getting anothet one. It's not progressing, just repeats. I FFWD to the end with BSH and Mrs Joo talking.

I would have been as peed off as BSH. Now what is Mrs Joo doing or going to do? Married to the man she knew killed her husband, what is her revenge or does she even think about it? Now JK is back as in the preview, what will she do? I don't like the actress' acting. It does not look natural. The character is also hitting from one wall to another. First she was so much against BSH for no reason,  then she was the supportive mother in hiding. Now fully exposed mother.  

Someone please recap. I can't watch it. Someone told me this lunar year should have more vigour and energy, not this show. It's backpeddling again.:smirk:

10 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

female antagonist almost had the same attitude and character as YJK. Will that be the final end game for YJK too in the next 30 episodes

I thought she was fun, her lies and manipulations were outrageous. She should be hoarse after each episode. JK is downright predictable and boring now.

• Like 6

preview: ah finally the guy that cookie mom was looking for shows up. so why is he important? and poor jae min is going out of his mind trying to figure out what went wrong. will seon hwa tell him? and is cookie mom not going to do anything to rectify this confusion?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3