[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Love Never Fails 落花时节又逢君 starring Crystal Yuan & Liu Xue Yi

sugarplum892

BJJK1_4f1495b00494fc8727.jpg

Cr mydramawiki

Details:

Chinese title: 落花时节又逢君 / Luo Hua Shi Jie You Feng Jun
English title: Love Never Fails

Genre: Xianxia, romance

Director: 

Episodes: 36

Broadcast Date: 

Cast:

Yuan Bing Yan as Hong Ning
Liu Xue Yi as Jin Xiu
Ao Rui Peng as Kun Lun / Bai Ling
Xu Xiao Nuo
Yang Lin as Bai Cha
Jing Yan Jun as Lu Jiu

Synopsis:

The story revolves around a tea flower spirit and the prince who guard the Middle Heaven.
Source: dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Coming soon...

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 2

Wow. I haven't seen this coming, and they are shooting already. 

Emm, I don't know how I will watch this, since I saw them together I have immediate back flashes from Love and Redemption). 

But I should say, Liu Xue Yi definitely deserves to be in a leading role. 

Yuan Bingyan, Liu Xueyi in character for Love Never Fails

Posted on 06/11/2021 by XDramasX
pjimage-1.jpg?resize=584%2C456&ssl=1

Love and Redemption costars Yuan Bingyan and Liu Xueyi will be leading Love Never Fails 落花时节又逢君, an upcoming xianxia drama based on Shuke’s novel of the same name. They will be play deities with differing beliefs – Yuan Bingyan’s character treasures the ability to feel human emotions, while the Liu Xueyi is initially set on turning her into an unfeeling and powerful god.

Hongning (Yuan Bingyan) is a red camellia flower trying to cultivate to become an immortal so she can one day marry the Flower God Jinxiu (Liu Xueyi). Jinxiu is unmoved, and encourages her to focus on cultivation instead. Hongning spends hundreds of years trying to thaw Jinxiu’s frozen heart, though eventually begins to question her goal after undergoing several mortal trials.

The 40 episode Mango TV web drama is directed by Zhao Lijun and Yingying Lu (Where The Lost Ones Go) and began filming today.

Ao Ruipeng as the powerful god Kunlun / Bai Ling. Unlike Jinxiu, he lives for love, and would do anything for Hongning.

008hQilRgy1grebt6ad3tj31pj2l2e86.jpg?w=5

Xu Xiaonuo as Lu Yao

008hQilRgy1grebtdfqhlj31pj2l2hdy.jpg?w=5

Cr: https://cfen.si/2021/06/11/yuan-bingyan-liu-xueyi-in-character-for-love-never-fails/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for the male lead to have his own drama. I first saw him in Love and Redemption and then Ancient Love Poetry. He has a very handsome, villainous look to him and I was curious whether he could do better as a good guy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I've been waiting for the male lead to have his own drama. I first saw him in Love and Redemption and then Ancient Love Poetry. He has a very handsome, villainous look to him and I was curious whether he could do better as a good guy. 

Liu Xueyi is one of my favorites for a long time, he is amazingly talented multi-dimentional actor, and I'm already fed up with him playing mostly second leads with a sad and/or unfortunate story, so I'm waiting impatiently for this drama  :lol:. By the way, you actually can watch him as a lead (and a good guy) in the recently aired drama Qing Luo (certainly if it's up to your taste :wub:). 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Liu Xueyi is one of my favorites for a long time, he is amazingly talented multi-dimentional actor, and I'm already fed up with him playing mostly second leads with a sad and/or unfortunate story, so I'm waiting impatiently for this drama  :lol:. By the way, you actually can watch him as a lead (and a good guy) in the recently aired drama Qing Luo (certainly if it's up to your taste :wub:). 

oh yes! I discovered him in Qing Luo and he really deserves better. He was amazing in Ancient Love Poetry, I have a friend who loves him there too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Am sold on the visuals of this pairing (loved Yuan Bingyan since Mystic Nine, while "discovered" Liu Xueyi in Love and Redemption). Really hoping the chemistry translates onscreen too. Hope we don't have long to wait!

The BTSes released so far...

Chinese Valentine's Day special:

Bickering on set:

End of filming:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, ElleSor said:

I first discovered him in The Legend of Dragon Pearl. He played a minor secondary character (I believe the character should be more than what meets the eye but unfortunately the sequels never got made); the moment he appeared, his striking looks and steady acting caught my attention. Later on, he appeared as a love-lorn villain in Destiny of White Snake. I think he’s superb in Love and Redemption and Ancient Love Poetry. I’m glad he’s getting more male lead roles now although the budget of the dramas aren’t as big as the dramas where he appears as secondary characters.

• Like 4

@bluehibiscus for some reason in Qing Luo he looked less skinny, as compared with when he was in Ancient Love Poetry and even in this drama. His face is not a typical Chinese face, so I think directors need to consider that when casting him for certain roles....but he certainly has good acting skills. As for whether it's big or small budget dramas, as long as he gets seen and noticed....  in this industry, it's more than just one's ability, probably one needs the right connections as well. Pairing up with Crytal Yuan isn't a bad deal....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SC2019 said:

for some reason in Qing Luo he looked less skinny, as compared with when he was in Ancient Love Poetry and even in this drama.

Seems like he lost weight after shooting Qing Luo..May be that was required for further roles, since in the last advertising videos he looks super skinny.  It's my understanding the industry has very harsh requirements towards physical appearance, both for male and female actors. For example, I remember recently people discussing Dilraba and her weight here and there,  until she wrote smth like yes, I've put on weight...

Personally, I just always hope they eat enough and stay healthy and happy...

However, IMO LXY had such sweet dimples in Qing Luo, now they are gone...

By the way, Ao Rui Peng is among supporting cast in Female Student Arrives At Imperial College, and doing a terrific job there, so high hopes for his acting in Love Never Fails.

• Like 1

I have never been much a fan of the xianxia genre until 琉璃 Love and Redemption, which I surprisingly love due to the tight script and strong ensemble performances. Was impressed by Liu Xueyi who executed great subtlety in portraying the duality of the warm, attentive 昊辰师兄 Hao Chen that everyone sees, and the ambiguous, unscrupulous celestial god Bailin for whom no price is too great for the Three Realms. He does seem to be typecast in celestial god roles perhaps because his visuals embody such characters beautifully, but I like that in his interviews, he points out the differences even among these characters. I remembered he once mentioned in an interview that he finds the dual characters of Hao Chen and Bailin still manageable because they are basically two facades of the same person. As such, I am keen to see how he embodies the different lives of Jin Xiu in Love Never Fails. Has anyone read the novel? I just started the first few chapters, and apparently elements of time travel similar to Bu Bu Jing Xin is at play, with Hong Ning actually being a modern woman who time travelled into the body of an abandoned baby girl in the past. Still, I won't be surprised if the drama departs markedly from its source material, similar to 琉璃美人煞 The Glass Maiden and its drama adaptation Love and Redemption. While waiting for Love Never Fails to air, which I think would only be in 2022, am planning to catch 天目危机 Pandora's Box which appears to show a very different side to Liu Xueyi compared to his previous roles, not to mention it also boasts some of my all time favourites 苗侨伟 Michael Miu and 倉田保昭 Kurata Yasuaki. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@bluehibiscus for some reason in Qing Luo he looked less skinny, as compared with when he was in Ancient Love Poetry and even in this drama. His face is not a typical Chinese face, so I think directors need to consider that when casting him for certain roles....but he certainly has good acting skills. As for whether it's big or small budget dramas, as long as he gets seen and noticed....  in this industry, it's more than just one's ability, probably one needs the right connections as well. Pairing up with Crytal Yuan isn't a bad deal....

LXY mentioned that Ancient Love Poetry had hired special dieticians to help the cast lose weight. Love and Redemption probably had similar weight requirements since it is xianxia and it was helmed by the same director. LXY liked to joke that when he joined acting, his boss had told him it was a relaxing job - just wear suits, drink coffee at restaurants and drive sports car but ironically he didn’t get to act in any contemporary dramas (until recently).

Mainland Chinese online users mentioned that Shandong (where LXY is from) is famous for producing tall handsome men with thick eyebrows and large eyes. Allen Ren and LXY are both from Qingdao. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Seems like he lost weight after shooting Qing Luo..May be that was required for further roles, since in the last advertising videos he looks super skinny.  It's my understanding the industry has very harsh requirements towards physical appearance, both for male and female actors. For example, I remember recently people discussing Dilraba and her weight here and there,  until she wrote smth like yes, I've put on weight...

Personally, I just always hope they eat enough and stay healthy and happy...

However, IMO LXY had such sweet dimples in Qing Luo, now they are gone...

By the way, Ao Rui Peng is among supporting cast in Female Student Arrives At Imperial College, and doing a terrific job there, so high hopes for his acting in Love Never Fails.

I think the same but it’s a competitive industry. When fellow actors and actresses are weight conscious and Mainland viewers are quick to criticise weight gain, it may be difficult not to get swept by the tide. I think the benchmark for actresses there is 45kg and below! Being heavier may make it a challenge for less muscular, fashionably thin male leads to carry them princess-style. But being too thin only looks good when covered up by layers of clothes. I recently watched a Zhang Yuxi movie and there was one bathing scene where you could see she was too bony. Dimples shouldn’t disappear with weight loss though.

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

benchmark for actresses there is 45kg and below

OMG, really? I understand the "princess-style" matter, but that's just crazy...For example,  Guan Xiaotong is 1,73cm, how could she be expected to weigh only 45kg?... 

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, leo2020 said:

OMG, really? I understand the "princess-style" matter, but that's just crazy...For example,  Guan Xiaotong is 1,73cm, how could she be expected to weigh only 45kg?... 

oh yes, I recall her being very tall in A Girl Like Me! Yes, that's absolutely ridiculous, she would be severly underweight.

@bluehibiscus wow, thanks for the insight on the special diet but at least the director had common sense to hire a proper dietitian - I recall reading an actor going on starvation just to lose weight (:scream:). Just thinking out loud, why on earth would gods/goddesses have to look skinny, because they don't need to eat and just absorb energy from the air? :naughty:

But I realise that if they pile on layers of clothes, and they are not skinny enuf, they will look bigger, which may be prolly why they had to all lose weight. The other reason which you all may have noticed is that on camera, due to the lenses and angles, we end up looking 'fatter' as well, thus the need to be skinny. Still, this industry and fashion is really for those who can tolerate all these requirements.

• Like 2