[Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽

larus

Lee Yo Won Struggles With Her Son’s Unexpected Behavior In “Green Mothers’ Club”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 10, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” has shared a glimpse of Lee Yo Won’s emotional quest from its upcoming episode!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is a drama about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of a seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Jang Hye Jin, Kim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

Spoilers

Previously on “Green Mothers’ Club,” Lee Eun Pyo (Lee Yo Won) went from outcast to proud object of envy in the blink of an eye when her mischievous son Dong Seok was discovered to be a hidden genius. Now that she was the mother of a child prodigy, the other moms in the neighborhood started treating her differently, and she began to clash with Byun Choon Hee (Chu Ja Hyun), who was the former queen bee of the community.

However, at the end of the latest episode, Lee Eun Pyo became alarmed when her son Dong Seok began exhibiting unusual behavior.

Troubled by the sudden changes in their son’s demeanor, Lee Eun Pyo and her husband Jung Jae Woong (Choi Jae Rim) will seek out child counseling in the next episode of the drama. Wearing solemn expressions that convey just how desperate they are for answers, the two parents listen closely to what the psychologist has to say about Dong Seok’s behavior.

Choi-Jae-Rim-Lee-Yo-Won.jpg

Lee-Yo-Won-Choi-Jae-Rim.jpg

Another photo from the upcoming episode captures Lee Eun Pyo breaking down sobbing, raising the question of what could have the typically poised mother bursting into tears in public.

Spoiler

Lee-Yo-Won-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1525742wpp/lee-yo-won-struggles-with-her-sons-unexpected-behavior-in-green-mothers-club

• Love 1

Ep. 11:

- Eun-pyo takes Dong-seok to a local child psychology hospital.

- Chun-hee also finds out that Yu-bin has been lying, so she asks online for advice and Eun-pyo suggests the hospital she takes Dong-seok to.

- Dong-seok is still mute, but asks his mom to see Henri. So Eun-pyo ends up taking her kids to Jin-ha's old house where her stepmother lives. When Jin-ha was younger, the lady who became her stepmother was her caregiver because her mom was unable to take care of her. Jinha's biological mom suffered from schizophrenia, and committed suicide.

For whatever reason, Henri draws a picture of his mom's family, and explains who they are to Dong-seok and Dong-ju.

After this visit, Dong-seok's psychological symptoms gets worse.

- Eun-pyo and Chun-hee run into each other at the kids' psychology office. Episode ends.

So, a few nice things. It's nice to see the two moms taking their kids' mental health seriously. It was nice to see Eun-pyo yell at the gross tutor who is driving the kids hard like farm animals, but not taking care of their emotional needs at all. It was nice when Chun-hee realizes that she needs to be better and refuse to keep selling illegal drugs.

And it was nice to see Yun-ju finally speak up and tell off the gossipy moms who were tearing apart Dong-seok yet again, enjoying his downfall. Well, she didn't just tell them off - one of the moms attacked her, but Yun-ju fought back pretty hard, so that was fun. Not a great moment for the kids, but it's nice to know that Yun-ju will probably stop kissing the butts of the neighborhood moms from now on.

Looks like Chun-hee and Eun-pyo end up being friends again. I am in favor of that, actually, because I think that if they both finally let go of living vicariously through their kids, they can become good moms and good friends to each other.

But it's not meant to last, because it looks like Eun-pyo's husband is going to question one of Chun-hee's drug clients. Uh-oh.

I guess the last notable thing is Jul-pin's family - Jul-pin and Sae-bom finally work up the courage to tell their (divorced) father and mother about their stepfather's abuse. Unfortunately, Yeong-mi, the mom, just tells them that they stepdad is "an artiste" so he's sensitive and temperamental. UGGGGHHHH. Girl, you are headed for major trouble.

--

Okay, so my personal theory is that there really is a lot more to Eun-pyo and Jin-ha's relationship than what we've been told so far. It's not quite as simple as - Eun-pyo just felt inferiority complex towards Jin-ha due to her wealth, beauty, and great talent.

The show began with Eun-pyo dreaming about giving a lecture on Salieri Syndrome, and Jin-ha saying, "You can never beat me," therefore making it look as if Eun-pyo is the one suffering from Salieri Syndrome - that she is mediocre and jealous of Jin-ha's effortless genius.

My theory is that Jin-ha is actually the one who is mediocre. Recall that scene in which Eun-pyo and Jin-ha both painted a ballerina, and Eun-pyo covered hers with white paint after seeing Jin-ha's painting, feeling that hers was inferior.

Jin-ha's painting is a copy of a famous Edgar Degas painting - which, for some reason, is not addressed. (There's no way that Eun-pyo wouldn't know that, since even I know that, and I am not an art history student.)

So I'm just not sure that Jin-ha is really talented, except for everyone simply saying so. I think she had a career as an artist because her father was an art professor, and probably pulled a lot of strings for her. But I think the final revelation is that Eun-pyo is the true talent that Jin-ha was envious of her entire life.

Anyway... I would really like to also find out how Jin-ha died. I don't think it was suicide.

And my final out-there theory is that Dong-seok is Luis' son, not her husband's. Luis is a genius, so his sons are both geniuses.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I also don’t think JH ended her life.  I still believe the husband of Young Mi is the culprit.  He has a box consisting of several personal belongings to JH, and one of which I find it’s weird he got her hair.  It’s not like JH had given to him, unless her mind was compatible to his.

The theory JH was envious of EP entire life could be correct.  It’s a revelation in ep 5 that I realize it’s most likely the case.

The writing of this drama has depth to pondering about.  Really interesting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“Green Mothers’ Club” Continues Streak At No. 1 Despite Small Ups And Downs In Ratings

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 12, 2022
by S. Nam

The battle for viewership continues among Wednesday-Thursday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 11 broadcast of JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” achieved an average nationwide rating of 4.175 percent, which is a slight dip from the drama’s personal best and last week’s score of 4.539 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1525974wpp/green-mothers-club-continues-streak-at-no-1-despite-small-ups-and-downs-in-ratings

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lee Yo Won And Chu Ja Hyun Experience A Crisis During Their Healing Trip In “Green Mothers’ Club”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 12, 2022
by L. Kim

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” has shared a preview of Lee Yo Won and Chu Ja Hyun’s camping trip!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is a drama about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of a seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Jang Hye JinKim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

Spoilers

Previously on “Green Mothers’ Club,” Lee Eun Pyo (Lee Yo Won) and Byun Choon Hee (Chu Ja Hyun) were heartbroken due to their children exhibiting unusual behavior. Towards the end of the episode, the two mothers met at the hospital, adding both lonely and bitter feelings in the air.

Lee Eun Pyo and Byun Choon Hee have been consistently clashing due to various conflicts, including the death of Seo Jin Ha (Kim Kyu Ri) and the fact that Lee Eun Pyo’s son Dong Seok is actually a child prodigy.

With curiosity piquing about what changes the two mothers will go through after finding out they’re having trouble with a similar problem, the drama released stills showing them going on a camping trip. Lee Eun Pyo, Byun Choon Hee, and their children are displaying cheerful smiles on their faces. In particular, the two women share a bonding moment in front of a bonfire, and the mood is gentle and warm as they softly smile without any resentment in the way.

However, things take a drastic turn when something happens that cause Lee Eun Pyo and Byun Choon Hee to go pale with worry. Byun Choon Hee looks completely lost, while Lee Eun Pyo is frantically looking around. Will these two mothers be able to mend their relationship for good?

Green-Mothers-Club.jpg

Episode 12 of “Green Mothers’ Club” will air on May 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526004wpp/lee-yo-won-and-chu-ja-hyun-experience-a-crisis-during-their-healing-trip-in-green-mothers-club

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, QSD said:

What on earth are we watching?!  Jinha is alive!!! And the creepy director has her nude image.  This is deep.  Need more time to digest here.

i think is a twin, i don't see why now, maybe it's her and her twin who died?!!

A twin,  i'm not even surprised, i thougt this drama was about be a mother and friends, but they are all crazy

And FL need to show her love to her husband and sons

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Haven’t seen the preview again to see more revelation but here’s what I think.  It’s possible there is twin, albeit why now.  Nevertheless, I recall Louis saying he wanted to write a book to comfort his "sister", which is one of the reasons why.  However, if this person is JH’s twin, then she should be his sister-in-law though.

So... yes, it's feasible the real JH is alive and her twin died instead.  The question is why JH has been hiding for?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Luis's name is LUIS BUNUEL, which is the name of a famous Spanish director, which I always thought was weird.

Anyway, Luis Bunuel made "Belle de jour," a famous movie starring Catherine Deneuve. So is it a coincidence that the nude photo of Jinha that Creepy Director has looks like the "Belle de jour" poster? Or just another non sequitur?

Kim Gyu-ri is back! Her name is Leah Bunuel. How does she have the same last name as he does? Is she his sister or something? So mysterious.

Anyway, I knew that the Jinha mystery isn't over.

--

Okay, we already knew some of the facts about Chun-hee's weird marriage with Dr. Jerk, but seeing how it actually happened was bonkers! Dr. Jerk killed a patient then blamed Chun-hee. She decides to take the fall for it, in exchange for him marrying her - just because he was a doctor? How can she even be in the same room with that guy, let alone have two kids with him and pretend to be a married couple? That was just so sad and nuts. Why, Chun-hee?

Anyway, I know her life is a mess, but I still enjoy her friendship with Eun-pyo. I'm glad that they are both being honest about their kids' problems, and it was so nice to see Dong-seok look happy while playing with Yu-bin.

Calm before the storm, I guess?

--

Creepy Director... ugh. I feel the urge to barf whenever I see him onscreen. That's not just me, right?

So Yeong-mi's "red line" is not him abusing her kids, but if he sleeps with another woman? Ugh, what a gross couple.

I love his weird logic defending himself: "Yes, I slept with her. But she's dead now, so it doesn't matter!"

--

My prediction:

Chun-hee went to Jinha's place that night due to Jinha's threat to report her to the police. But when she arrives, she witnessed Jinha's murder by Creepy Director. She's keeping quiet about it because she doesn't want anyone to know why she was at Jinha's place.

I know Chun-hee did some very bad things, but I hope that she somehow ends up okay, at least for the sake of her kids.

Hopefully the police will catch all the drug dealers and Dr. Jerk and throw them all in jail. In the same cell with Creepy Director, please.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I have no clues about Jinha’s painting is a copy of someone else or Luis’s name is the same of the Spanish director.  Cool that you know, Chickfactor.

Ok… I see her last name is the same as Luis’s, so she must be the sister he’s been referring about then.  However, not blood related.  Her parents are the ones adopted him, and both have passed away.  JH is long gone.  She had not changed her surname when married.  Hers is still Seo Jin-ha.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, QSD said:

What on earth are we watching?!  Jinha is alive!!! And the creepy director has her nude image.  This is deep.  Need more time to digest here.

Keep trying to make sense of how she faked her death, but literally people saw her corpse in the rain. I don’t know how that she didn’t get hypothermia or die from faking her death in that weather.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just want to report some K-netz theories:

(1) That nude photo of Jinha was not taken by Geon-wu (Creepy Director). He stole it from Jinha or Luis, just like how he stole her hair and clothes.

His claim that he slept with Jinha is also false.

(2) Leah Bunuel is being referred as "Seo Ae-gyo" as a reference to "Na Ae-gyo," the name of the doppelganger of one the main characters in "Penthouse."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I just finished ep 10

At the beginning of the death of Seo Jin Ha, I was lost interest to this drama because of murder and mystery is not my type of a drama. 

Later I find it interesting again.

I am a mom and is now considering what method of early learning that I would like to give to my 2.8 yo son. By watching this drama I understand that no matter how intelligent or clever our children are, they are still just children. Playing and to be happy are very important for them. I hope I will always remember this when my children start their education. I hope that I will not be too posessive and ambitious of their education and learning. Hehehe

I love watching Yu Bin omma and Dong Seok Omma perspective as mothers. I understand that all mothers are just want what the best for their children. Even though sometimes mothers can be too over. 

For Yu Bin omma, it’s unfortunately for her that she made decission to marry a doctor just because a husband should be a doctor. In drama and in real at the end women must to be marry because of love. Of course women should be selective to find husband. But as we all know feeling is the most important. Because of the wheel of life can always ups and downs. If we lost all material thing like job or even money, what can make us survive to be together is feelings. 

I love it that finally Eun Pyo and her husband can be happy again and can trust each other again. 

I hope Dong Seok can be happy again and not stress anymore. 

Oh ya about wanting children to be doctors..  Ottoke ya.. if medical faculties in my country as same as they were 20 years ago, I think I also would like to send my children there. But the reality in here, any children, who can pass the test and not can be join the faculty as long as they pay hundreds millions. I don’t find medical faculty that worth anymore like they were 20 years ago. But my children are still babies and I will see what will happened 17 years later.. I hope this country can find some light.  Hahaha. If being a doctor I want my son be a obgyn. Ho ho ho…