[Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕

ferily

Im getting  She Was Pretty Part 2.5 vibes from the cast of the art scenes... hmm..

Kwon yul has better hair in Whisper (though i dislike the drama)

We know Mo Hak is smitten with Dali but we are not sure how Dali thinks of him.. cute guy but is there should be more to it... 

Didnt Tae Jin paid Dali's debts? Wasnt that was indicated when Dali accepted his help before the press conference...

I hope Mo Hak knows Dali stayed above his apartment.. the secret need to be out soon... 

And yes while it was cute that Mo Hak was stopped by Dali's backhug... Mo Hak should just punch the daylights of the guy... grrr... 

Curious how Mo Hak is going to change his attitude, less gangster style and more gentleman when talking... the screming just need to be tone down...:lol:

Have seen people complained about PGY's hair, she already has short hair in Devil's Judge.. how are they going to grow her hair in less than 2 months? I think her hair is fine.. not every women need to have long hair:phew:

After being away on Soompi for quite some time, I'm glad to have found this forum to air my thoughts about this drama. Before this show started, I was really already looking forward to it. Park Gyu Young is one of the actresses I like and so knowing she'd be in a new drama after "The Devil Judge" made me so happy.

It's true that one of the factors that can't be overlooked in this drama is her hair; her having a long hair may look much better to others but I think her short hair is also as nice as her long hair. The fact that she carries it well and how it complements her face made me get used to her "look" after watching her scenes. Though I wish she'd also appear in the drama with a long hair to see them see her in that look. Haha.

Kim Min Jae's character portrayal is good - he has the aura and charm of being what he is told to be. Although there were times that I wish he'd tone down his voice. Haha. He's very cute and charming plus I like his dimples so I don't really it mind that much. Usually, after he gets so loud in a scene, he'll be a softy after. Haha.

I may be a part of the minority here, but I don't dislike Jang Tae Jin. I mean, the second episode did make him appear as if he was a sherk with a /j/ but the fourth episode made me wonder more on what the real reason was on why he called it off a week before their wedding. Was it because Da Li wasn't domesticated that made his family disappointed? Was it because he was pressured of something since he's going to be the inheritor of Se Gi? Was it because she was too obsessed with studying and reading to the point that she forgot their important "family" gatherings? Was it because of her brother-like-friend Won Tak? Was it because he wanted some physical affection? He mentioned that he's no longer the same guy in the past so I keep wondering why. Haha.

When Curator Song told Gong Ju that JTJ went and kneeled to DL's father but the latter didn't let him in/open the door no matter what made me think he realized her worth and regretted his actions before their wedding but it was already too late because DL has decided not to push through the wedding anymore after hearing that thing from him. That's why, they mentioned that DL backed out from the supposed-to-be wedding on the second episode.

So far, I like how the show goes - it can be both fast and slow which makes me anticipate more of their scenes. And the last episode's cliffhanger was just so heart-fluttering. I think the policemen knew WT's feelings for DL so they gave him a look. Haha. I'm looking forward to what MH and WT would say and do after realizing that they have DL as their common denominator. Haha.

Can't wait for Episodes 7 and 8! 

15 hours ago, RobinM said:

You know.. I had the thought he wanted something physical but did not want sound like a pervert by mentioning it. But she would not be so bitter about it 5 years later I don’t think.

Hello @RobinM! Yeah, I agree. If it's just the case, it's sure that there's more into it. Da Li seemed to be so into him five years ago, too bad he let her slip away with whatever slipped his mouth that rainy night. 

• Like 1

I don't hate the ex-boyfriend, but I don't like him either. So far I am neutral. I know he came back and begged for forgiveness, but how long after dumping her did he do that. I think they said the wedding was supposed to be 5 years ago. Also, I think he dumped her because of the inheritance. After he got it, he went back to her but couldn't get her forgiveness. 

I am enjoying this show so far. I enjoy the chemistry between Moo-hak/Dali. After this last episode the cop is going to know that Dali knows his landlord, and they will find out their neighbors. I don't think Moo-hak will react well to knowing Dali is living there. 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:23 AM, realistic2280a said:

We know Mo Hak is smitten with Dali but we are not sure how Dali thinks of him.. cute guy but is there should be more to it... 

Agree! I want to see her opinion of him. They have made it obvious what he thinks, but we don't know about her. I think because she has so many other worries that she doesn't really have time to think about other things. 

Theory: I think that Dali is going to be screwed over by Moo-hak's family. But Moo-hak is going to sacrifice the family money to help Dali keep the museum. That way maybe proving to Dali that she is more important to him then money. 

4 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Agree! I want to see her opinion of him. They have made it obvious what he thinks, but we don't know about her. I think because she has so many other worries that she doesn't really have time to think about other things. 

Theory: I think that Dali is going to be screwed over by Moo-hak's family. But Moo-hak is going to sacrifice the family money to help Dali keep the museum. That way maybe proving to Dali that she is more important to him then money. 

Do we want to see Mo Hak sacrifice so much for Dali though?... i would prefer that Dali learn from Mo Hak on how to run a business, though both business are different but there must be some element where Mo Hak's skill will be useful - example, the museum's almost empty restaurant...  and at the same time Mo Hak can learn to appreciate art...

At least Mo Hak's opinion seemed to matter in his family, we can see all, father, step mum and step bro seemed to be scared of him at some point... though the father maybe be screaming here and there but at least they still respect him  when it comes to be business.... the brother is just too slimey...urgh... 

We know Dali thinks Mo Hak is handsome.. thats a plus point... and senator An's daughter.. why she likes him is a question:phew::lol:

• Like 1

I seriously don’t think Dali will allow Moo Hak to sacrifice everything for her. She does not even want to owe people for a pair of shoes or hotel room. 

Chak Hee may scream to high heaven she doesn’t want him but when another woman comes along to potentially get his fat wallet and handsome face she won’t have it.Maybe  she’s wants to keep her options open?   

On 10/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, youactlikeicare said:

I don't hate the ex-boyfriend, but I don't like him either. So far I am neutral. I know he came back and begged for forgiveness, but how long after dumping her did he do that. I think they said the wedding was supposed to be 5 years ago. Also, I think he dumped her because of the inheritance. After he got it, he went back to her but couldn't get her forgiveness. 

I am enjoying this show so far. I enjoy the chemistry between Moo-hak/Dali. After this last episode the cop is going to know that Dali knows his landlord, and they will find out their neighbors. I don't think Moo-hak will react well to knowing Dali is living there. 

Good point on the inheritance part. It may be that reason why he chose to just disregard the relationship he had with Da Li to fully proclaim whatever he wanted to get or whatever they wanted him to get.

Perhaps, he was told that her father was against something (like the Green Belt thingy, maybe) and he wanted her to convince her dad to agree with his parents/grandparents/relatives. But still not sure as to why and how he ended up having thoughts of just blurting out to have the wedding off. Or maybe he knew something about illegal stuff and he requested her to just elope with him and leave her father behind. Regarding the duration, I think I'll still towards him realizing his mistake, days before the wedding. Maybe there were still remaining days/hours for them to be married, but he had already lost her trust and affection. Maybe Da Li still loved him at that time, but sometimes love just ain't enough. Thus, the awkwardness they had shows pretty well.

Likewise! I love how the scenes with Moo Hak and DL show how opposite they are but proved that they complement each other. I believe that's the reason why DL told MH that he's the first person she finds very interesting. So far, my favorite scene of them is that back hug! That was so sudden and it was the spur of the moment. Both their expressions were on point. I'm looking forward for more of their interactions especially now that he'll find out how close she is to his renter Won Tak and he'll get a chance to know her ex-fiancé up close. Also, we'll probably see a jealous DL since she'll see Chak Hee and MH together at the exhibit. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, realistic2280a said:

Do we want to see Mo Hak sacrifice so much for Dali though?... i would prefer that Dali learn from Mo Hak on how to run a business, though both business are different but there must be some element where Mo Hak's skill will be useful - example, the museum's almost empty restaurant...  and at the same time Mo Hak can learn to appreciate art...

At least Mo Hak's opinion seemed to matter in his family, we can see all, father, step mum and step bro seemed to be scared of him at some point... though the father maybe be screaming here and there but at least they still respect him  when it comes to be business.... the brother is just too slimey...urgh... 

We know Dali thinks Mo Hak is handsome.. thats a plus point... and senator An's daughter.. why she likes him is a question:phew::lol:

It would be really nice to see them learn from each other. It will be good to see them know the ways and find the ways using each other's knowledge and tricks. Haha.

I think MH's father is just agreeing with his second wife/wife so he'll get to know what they are scheming about. I think he's much closer to MH and he has a softer spot for him because he knows and sees how he is personally and even professionally. 

Haha! I think the reason why she likes him is because he's different from other men; she was rejected by him as far as I remember. Maybe it was her first time to be rejected and her lucky charm being An Sang Tae's daughter didn't work on him. Haha. 

16 hours ago, RobinM said:

I seriously don’t think Dali will allow Moo Hak to sacrifice everything for her. She does not even want to owe people for a pair of shoes or hotel room. 

Chak Hee may scream to high heaven she doesn’t want him but when another woman comes along to potentially get his fat wallet and handsome face she won’t have it.Maybe  she’s wants to keep her options open?   

That's true. I think she's the type to pay whatever her debts are. And she isn't really used to owing someone's money or something, so the experience of struggles she's been having is all new to her. The cliché situation that might happen in case MH really has to sacrifice for her is for her to go to TJ. MH giving up everything would definitely let her know how much he values her more than anything. I think the most complicated part that can happen to them is when DL finds out that his half-brother knows something about her father's death yet didn't say anything. I think the misunderstanding will start there. Hopefully, that's not the case. 

To be honest, I don't think CH likes him for his fat wallet since she's rich herself. It's probably more of losing a very dear friend whom she can dare herself with, but now with the appearance of DL in MH's life, she feels triggered that she'll lose him forever. I think that's what made her realize how special MH is in her life. And that she just doesn't see him and like him as a dear friend - it's more than that. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Yeah about the new poster. Sorry to be an “anxiety cell” ;)  but I Will believe it when I see it about the kiss coming so soon. You know how they like to tease and it’s a dream or something.

It's okay, we feel you. Haha. No hopes up. But who knows maybe? But I think usual kissing scenes happen on the eighth episode, so let's see and look forward to it. Haha.

dali-and-cocky-prince-21.jpg

Look at those eyes! The eyes really never lie! :cutekitty:

• Blob 2

16 hours ago, RobinM said:

At some point I would love a great kiss scene at least (a bed scene is just not going to happen in this drama unfortunately) so I can wait :)

I hope they really would be able to give us some passionate one. I'm just worried because I haven't seen them in extreme kissing scenes yet. Haha. I saw PGY's kissing scene with Park Jin Young in "The Devil Judge", but it was just very quick. :sweat_smile: 

I think with Da Li's personality, maybe the kiss would be very demure. Haha.

I know it's now in how intense the kiss would be, but I am also waiting for the day when they can openly express and admit their affection to each other already. Haha. 

• Like 1

A quick impulsive cheek kiss to show her appreciation would be sweetly appropriate for now. It will enough to make him crazy happy and proud for a month :)

As they were about to marry I would hope she kissed TJ so she isn’t completely inexperienced maybe  She might surprise us  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobinM said:

A quick impulsive cheek kiss to show her appreciation would be sweetly appropriate for now. It will enough to make him crazy happy and proud for a month :)

As they were about to marry I would hope she kissed TJ so she isn’t completely inexperienced maybe  She might surprise us  :)

Appreciation for what? We know he likes her but she's just seen him being a jerk...

• Confused 1

Come again? She knows he is not a Jerk… an uneducated a sometimes annoying money hungry loud mouth but never a jerk. A jerk would not have done a fraction of what he has done for her from cooking to giving her some much needed truth bombs. 

20 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah, I am not sure we will get a kiss scene yet.

Hello! I hope we get to see one like how HCY and Vincenzo did. Haha! :happydance:

19 hours ago, RobinM said:

Oh yeah, that can be cute, too. Imagine, having the spur of the moment and a quick peck. Haha. That's probably how we'll get it first like how DL hugged him in a rush to stop him from punching that ill-mannered part-timer. 

It would be funny if she'll be the more aggressive type since she's more experienced in dating than him. Haha. :hwaiting2:

• Wiggle 2