[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

The Queen is definitely back! Who knew JKY was so charming? Maybe it’s SHK effect!  I love the show, but I want to share a rant. Yes, I know it’s only a drama, but at least make it make sense. SW dying was totally avoidable. Driving in the rain like a mad man for what? He could’ve called or texted to let her know he was on his way right? Idk guess they needed to drive that point home.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, chdom said:

The Queen is definitely back! Who knew JKY was so charming? Maybe it’s SHK effect!  I love the show, but I want to share a rant. Yes, I know it’s only a drama, but at least make it make sense. SW dying was totally avoidable. Driving in the rain like a mad man for what? He could’ve called or texted to let her know he was on his way right? Idk guess they needed to drive that point home.

I've been asking to why?why didn't he let YE knew he will be there..just simple text will do as 'on my way'..but no,he had time to called JG before his accident..why man??as far as ny brain could think about why,maybe becz his too mad even for text YE he couldn't or its just for dramatic effect:sweat_smile:

N there is discussion that JG is another woman child that his father cheated on..so there is why JG felt like an outsider in that house,even there is no photos of him with his mother n bro..

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, redbeanbuns said:

N there is discussion that JG is another woman child that his father cheated on..so there is why JG felt like an outsider in that house,even there is no photos of him with his mother n bro..

From NWBU DC fans it is the weeding invitation of Yoon Soo Wan Shin Yoo Jung. He was going to marry her and was on his to end things with HYE.

Anyway the name of Yoon Soo Wan's father is different on the tombstone and the wedding invitation.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

This is my thought about ep 4, there were answers about questions from previous episodes, but then there is new question related to HYE and YJG and between YJG and his mom, his parents.

First I want to point out Chi Sook's behavior toward HYE. I do not know if she be better in the future, but she is really annoying and chidlish. She really need to grow up, she is not 28 anymore, but almost 40. I am sorry for CHS but there is a gap between what she said about Chi Sook's friendship with HYE and what is showing on screen. I do not know if it will be shown in the future but for now, she clearly does not understand HYE. The one who understand HYE the most is Mi Sook. You can see how real her friendship is, while there is no real friendship between  HYE and HCS, even HYE said it in the 1st episode.  This relationship is on its way to blow up in the futur, I do not see any other issue, because it is not base on real friendship but on CEO Hwang who need her to be by his daughter's side. I do not really get the father, I feel he know how his daughter is but prefer to say nothing and all the blame go to HYE. I think he consider HYE like his own daughter but put a line he does not want to cross. 

About Jae Guk and his family, clearly there is something up and it feel the main plot of the story is not just HYE and YJG's love story, but also YJG and his family's story. There is 8 years difference between the 2 brothers. So when Yoon Soo Wan who was 29 when is was in Paris before he died, means Jae Guk was 21, so he begun to live pretty young in Paris, I even wonder if he did his mandatory military service in SK lol.  From what both brother said, the relationship both have with their mom is different. YSW said he is not in the same position than YJG, I thought it means because he is the eldest son, but may be it is means something else. There is something between YJG and his mom, I do not think he would have leave so young to Paris, just to be photograph. It seems he has something against his mom that is not just about the death of his brother. The fact, his mom is only keepinng picture of SW and not JG, make you wonder how she considere really JG. I could understand she wanted to keep a picture of her son because he died, but she put JG on a side, like she is rejected him. I remember Do Hun who asked him if he ever lived with his mom, so probbaly he never really leave with her since he had legal age. And from the previw he might stay at HYE's  place when they will be in a relationship. Apparently the the name of SW's father is not the same in the tombstone and the wedding invitation so there is more to learn here. I found his mom behavior weird to, the way she talk to him, like there is nothing going on, while from YJG's side, you can see there is something between them that makes him angry at her.

Something I wonder. The actor that was suppose to take the role of YJG was suppose to be 40, I doubt they would have made him in his 30 for the role. But then the role was offer to JKY who is 29. So, I wonder if they changed a part of the story or if the stoory with the brother was still a plot. It means HYE was having a relationship with YJG's brother who was a bit more older like 42 to 45 if the first actor said yes to the role.

In my opinion YSW and HYE were not means to be. They only met by coincidence, and was put in the middle of HYE and YJG. This story was not going to end well, and if he did not go against his family wish, it is means his love was not enought strong to stay with HYE. He was just there at the right time when HYE need confort because she was strunggling between school and Chi Sook in Paris. I doubt YJG would have give her this confort at this time. She clearly went back to Korea for YSW not because she wanted to.

I think he wanted to explain her in person, he was angry and probably did not want to talk to HYE over the phone, it might explain why he did not call her text her. He left his mom to rush to HYE, so there might be a reason.

HYE and YJG was clearly means to meet but circumstances make them miss each other 10 years ago, each time they should have meet. If they misses each other so many time I wonder if they mean to be together at the en. From the highlight trailer they will have a relationship, but we know it will lead to a break up at a certain point, because each of them has their own issue. 

The story about the portfolio is interesting, because YJG does not know HYE, but he wrote a recommandation letter like he was HYE professor.  He talked about how good she is, how her notes are excellent. So, he know her work from somewhere, we will probably discover from where soon. You do not write a recommandation letter without knowing the person. The strange things it is he does not know her physically. I thought the portofolio was a order HYE made for herself, but seems YJG did the portfolio was inside it is HYE's work. It is intersting that when YJG knew HYE name, it is did not click in his head, about the portfolio, same with the brand.I am confuse about this. If it is done on purpose of it is something missing.

I do hope he will tell her this story and about the picture and this will not lead to a break up.

Mi Sook should really have more screentime. Chi Sook should give her screentime. Her friendship with HYe is really great. I whished she would have tell her about her sickness. I wonder if she does not have a cancer. I think she did not tell her because of theire meeting earlier and how not fine HYE was. Seems she did not want to add another bad news. But HYE will discover it, when she wil find Mi Sook in her bathroom inconscious. 

I was surprise by Sehun. His character is cool. He clearly has a crush on HYE lol.It is cute. I feel like he might be an ally for HYE against his sister. He knows his sister is doing nothing and is a bit stupid. He seems smarter than her. even the dad said nothing when HCH ask where CHi Sook work is in the magazine. 

I want to speculate but all of my assumption got wrong. The scene at the police station I thought it was later because of was filming at the end of July, but it turn out it is in ep 5, so next week. I feel they filmed just scenes by scene out of order not an entire episode straight. I knew they were filming JKY's scene in prior but this scene at the police station was almost 2 month before the end of filming and the scene is in the first episodes. So I do not know

I whish for HYE to be happy at the end, with her job and with YJG because she deserves it. She said to Mi Sook she is fine, she own an appartement in the center of Seoul, has her own car, can give money to her parents. She think her life is not miserable like it was in Paris, but in my opinion her life is miserable but differently. She paid the debts of her while he still has a job, same for her mom. Both her parents are working, and she is not rich. She is giving money to her parents but every month she is in the red, she does not own everything in her appartement, part of it belong to the bank. She is not happy in her job that consist on clean up Chi Sook mess. Mi Sook and Jae Guk told her she is wasting her talent at The One. HYE knows it is the truth, but I think she fears to leave The One and have nothing, it is why she staying there. She has the trust of the CEO, even if she is treating badly by the guy from the marketing who just know how to scream at her. Wonder if he does his own job. He is so useless. I wish he would stop screaming at her. I wants to say she will for sure leave the company but, my assumption are always wrong like I said , so I just wish her to leave this company and creat her own brand. She is 38, it is not late for her to do it. Because, staying there will make her more miserable.I wonder if Mi Sook is really sick, if it my lead HYE to make new choice in her life and will lead her to leave the company.

I wish a happy ending, the ton of the drama feel like is it is not really dramatic, so it should end with a happy ending, but I do remember what an actress said by showing ep 15 script. She said it was really sad and hse had to read ep 16.  So, I do not know what you think. I find pointless to show a love story like that for them to not end up together and let the femal lead having a miserabe life, while she desrves better. I also remeber what HYE said in the elevetor in ep 2 "The stories you know the end are not fun", however there is no many possibilities. Endin up happy together and in their life, staying miserable and part away, or part away, but happy in their life alone.

I do not know what to think ....

I forgtot, I hated how the French person talked to YJG on the phone. I find it rude and so direspectful too, like they could have use other word. So unpolie too. I hope it is not how they see French people.

I do not like Shi Jong Hun, I feel she is just jealous. I even wonder if she is not making HYE responsible of YSW accident. She is clearly going to be a problem.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Pitchoum said:

This is my thought about ep 3, there were answers about questions from previous episodes, but then there is new question related to HYE and YJG and between YJG and his mom, his parents.

First I want to point out Chi Sook's behavior toward HYE. I do not know if she be better in the future, but she is really annoying and chidlish. She really need to grow up, she is not 28 anymore, but almost 40. I am sorry for CHS but there is a gap between what she said about Chi Sook's friendship with HYE and what is showing on screen. I do not know if it will be shown in the future but for now, she clearly does not understand HYE. The one who understand HYE the most is Mi Sook. You can see how real her friendship is, while there is no real friendship between  HYE and HCS, even HYE said it in the 1st episode.  This relationship is on its way to blow up in the futur, I do not see any other issue, because it is not base on real friendship but on CEO Hwang who need her to be by his daughter's side. I do not really get the father, I feel he know how his daughter is but prefer to say nothing and all the blame go to HYE. I think he consider HYE like his own daughter but put a line he does not want to cross. 

About Jae Guk and his family, clearly there is something up and it feel the main plot of the story is not just HYE and YJG's love story, but also YJG and his family's story. There is 8 years difference between the 2 brothers. So when Yoon Soo Wan who was 29 when is was in Paris before he died, means Jae Guk was 21, so he begun to live pretty young in Paris, I even wonder if he did his mandatory military service in SK lol.  From what both brother said, the relationship both have with their mom is different. YSW said he is not in the same position than YJG, I thought it means because he is the eldest son, but may be it is means something else. There is something between YJG and his mom, I do not think he would have leave so young to Paris, just to be photograph. It seems he has something against his mom that is not just about the death of his brother. The fact, his mom is only keepinng picture of SW and not JG, make you wonder how she considere really JG. I could understand she wanted to keep a picture of her son because he died, but she put JG on a side, like she is rejected him. I remember Do Hun who asked him if he ever lived with his mom, so probbaly he never really leave with her since he had legal age. And from the previw he might stay at HYE's  place when they will be in a relationship. Apparently the the name of SW's father is not the same in the tombstone and the wedding invitation so there is more to learn here. I found his mom behavior weird to, the way she talk to him, like there is nothing going on, while from YJG's side, you can see there is something between them that makes him angry at her.

Something I wonder. The actor that was suppose to take the role of YJG was suppose to be 40, I doubt they would have made him in his 30 for the role. But then the role was offer to JKY who is 29. So, I wonder if they changed a part of the story or if the stoory with the brother was still a plot. It means HYE was having a relationship with YJG's brother who was a bit more older like 42 to 45 if the first actor said yes to the role.

In my opinion YSW and HYE were not means to be. They only met by coincidence, and was put in the middle of HYE and YJG. This story was not going to end well, and if he did not go against his family wish, it is means his love was not enought strong to stay with HYE. He was just there at the right time when HYE need confort because she was strunggling between school and Chi Sook in Paris. I doubt YJG would have give her this confort at this time. She clearly went back to Korea for YSW not because she wanted to.

I think he wanted to explain her in person, he was angry and probably did not want to talk to HYE over the phone, it might explain why he did not call her text her. He left his mom to rush to HYE, so there might be a reason.

HYE and YJG was clearly means to meet but circumstances make them miss each other 10 years ago, each time they should have meet. If they misses each other so many time I wonder if they mean to be together at the en. From the highlight trailer they will have a relationship, but we know it will lead to a break up at a certain point, because each of them has their own issue. 

The story about the portfolio is interesting, because YJG does not know HYE, but he wrote a recommandation letter like he was HYE professor.  He talked about how good she is, how her notes are excellent. So, he know her work from somewhere, we will probably discover from where soon. You do not write a recommandation letter without knowing the person. The strange things it is he does not know her physically. I thought the portofolio was a order HYE made for herself, but seems YJG did the portfolio was inside it is HYE's work. It is intersting that when YJG knew HYE name, it is did not click in his head, about the portfolio, same with the brand.I am confuse about this. If it is done on purpose of it is something missing.

I do hope he will tell her this story and about the picture and this will not lead to a break up.

Mi Sook should really have more screentime. Chi Sook should give her screentime. Her friendship with HYe is really great. I whished she would have tell her about her sickness. I wonder if she does not have a cancer. I think she did not tell her because of theire meeting earlier and how not fine HYE was. Seems she did not want to add another bad news. But HYE will discover it, when she wil find Mi Sook in her bathroom inconscious. 

I was surprise by Sehun. His character is cool. He clearly has a crush on HYE lol.It is cute. I feel like he might be an ally for HYE against his sister. He knows his sister is doing nothing and is a bit stupid. He seems smarter than her. even the dad said nothing when HCH ask where CHi Sook work is in the magazine. 

I want to speculate but all of my assumption got wrong. The scene at the police station I thought it was later because of was filming at the end of July, but it turn out it is in ep 5, so next week. I feel they filmed just scenes by scene out of order not an entire episode straight. I knew they were filming JKY's scene in prior but this scene at the police station was almost 2 month before the end of filming and the scene is in the first episodes. So I do not know

I whish for HYE to be happy at the end, with her job and with YJG because she deserves it. She said to Mi Sook she is fine, she own an appartement in the center of Seoul, has her own car, can give money to her parents. She think her life is not miserable like it was in Paris, but in my opinion her life is miserable but differently. She paid the debts of her while he still has a job, same for her mom. Both her parents are working, and she is not rich. She is giving money to her parents but every month she is in the red, she does not own everything in her appartement, part of it belong to the bank. She is not happy in her job that consist on clean up Chi Sook mess. Mi Sook and Jae Guk told her she is wasting her talent at The One. HYE knows it is the truth, but I think she fears to leave The One and have nothing, it is why she staying there. She has the trust of the CEO, even if she is treating badly by the guy from the marketing who just know how to scream at her. Wonder if he does his own job. He is so useless. I wish he would stop screaming at her. I wants to say she will for sure leave the company but, my assumption are always wrong like I said , so I just wish her to leave this company and creat her own brand. She is 38, it is not late for her to do it. Because, staying there will make her more miserable.I wonder if Mi Sook is really sick, if it my lead HYE to make new choice in her life and will lead her to leave the company.

I wish a happy ending, the ton of the drama feel like is it is not really dramatic, so it should end with a happy ending, but I do remember what an actress said by showing ep 15 script. She said it was really sad and hse had to read ep 16.  So, I do not know what you think. I find pointless to show a love story like that for them to not end up together and let the femal lead having a miserabe life, while she desrves better. I also remeber what HYE said in the elevetor in ep 2 "The stories you know the end are not fun", however there is no many possibilities. Endin up happy together and in their life, staying miserable and part away, or part away, but happy in their life alone.

I do not know what to think ....

I forgtot, I hated how the French person talked to YJG on the phone. I find it rude and so direspectful too, like they could have use other word. So unpolie too. I hope it is not how they see French people.

I do not like Shi Jong Hun, I feel she is just jealous. I even wonder if she is not making HYE responsible of YSW accident. She is clearly going to be a problem.

Regarding YJG relationship with his mother, my theory is Soowan is a child of his mother in previous relationship and Jaeguk is a child of his father in other relationship and their parents has no child of their own.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ihugLovelyT said:

Regarding YJG relationship with his mother, my theory is Soowan is a child of his mother in previous relationship and Jaeguk is a child of his father in other relationship and their parents has no child of their own.

I am confuse because Soo Wan said what happen to their mom let them trough a lot. So they grew up together. Ms Min 's busbqnd died 3 years before Soo Wan and he died while being with the woman he had an affaire with. If Jae Guk was the son of this woman, she would have grew up with her not with Ms Min. She still treat him like her own son. She is just obsessed with her sons to get married. I do not think she cares about their happiness. I think they have the same mom, the father may be different. It feel like Jae Guk is the son she has with a man she did not love, and she cannot love him like she loved Soo Wan who the son she had with somekne she really love. May be he feel it and it and it is why he resent his mother.

Jae Guk and Soo Wan having differents parents looks too complicated in my opinion. They probably have 1 parents in comment which should be the mom.

• Like 6

Hello, maybe i should have paid closer attention but where was the wedding invite? In the trailer for ep5? And here i was thinking that SYJ was interested in YJG lol. Her animosity towards HYE makes alot more sense if she was supposed to be married to YSW. But i do wonder if he was really going to break up with HYE for SYJ (to please his mum?). It does seem like it might be the case since YJG had some "should i tell her the truth" moments.

Thanks for updating with all the latest info and what other fans are spotting! :) this drama is turning out better than i expected lol. Also yes alot of things have happened already but I quite like the change of pace from the usual melo slowburn (this is quite slow but not sooooo slow)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, lemonysnicket said:

Hello, maybe i should have paid closer attention but where was the wedding invite? In the trailer for ep5?

Yes it in the trailer of ep 5, I think it is on Shin Jong Hyun 's hand. It is at 0:52/0:53, just after Do Hun and Jae Guk enter in the office where there is Young Eun, Chi Sook and the other woman who work for the other brand in The One.

It does not really looks like a Wedding invitation...but seems to be an invitation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

CS n her to much egosentris self,yes I don't like her character but I wanna see her development although just a bit..yes, realistically people couldn't change that much in a spurs of a time,but they could, if they really mean it..I hope to see it in the upcoming epi..if the writer goes to crumble YE n CS this so called friendship,I'm a little bit sad though..I believe in that 20years worth relationship between YE n CS,at some point in that timeline,YE feel CS is her friend through n through..

Sad ending troupe for me its like 50:50..50 percent feels like its necessary n to give its realistic feel to the plot,like AIMH, although it is indeed sad one but it gave an impact until now cz its known as one of the saddest drama of all time so yeah worth it..n other 50 percent my selfish self wanna see every drama or movie has a happy end,which is the leads,have happily ever after kind of troupe..my life already full pressure,so why do I have to see a drama with a 15epi with twist,turn,up n down, sorrow n tearful one, but in that 1 final epi the writer just wanna have twisted way to ruin the happy end that I desire the most,such a bummer..n a big NO with an open ending,period!!!

Oh n if the epi 5 theory is true, that yoon jeong n SW have been set up by the fam to married each other,then my theory the other day,its true at some point..

N Sehun chara,CH I don't picture him as a threat for YE n JG relationship, romantically wise..I see him as a baby brother that looks up to YE very much,admire her like a dongsaeng to his noona,n I will not be surprise if CH listen more to YE rather than CS n consider her as his 'real' noona more than CS to him..n his playfulness n teased its quite cute,just to annoyed YE a little bit..Sehun said he had more shoot with SHK,CHS n his father chara,so can't wait for their bantering :joy: n please I hope CH is like what I wish for,please don't make him as an a** at the rest of epi..

Writer-nim if u possibly stumbled to read this site,please read it,our prayer to have a proper happy end for our baby YE n JG.. although I know the end has already been decided n can't be changed..

• Like 4

So I understand a lil bit about YJG now, he isnt evil (as I read some commenter said about him that he shouldnt chasing his brother ex) because :

- HYE shouldve met him first not his brother, he seems like her through her work even suggest her brand name back then, but his brother took the opportunity instead

- HYE motivated him after she bought his photo, because he was still newbie, it was such a big deal for him when someone bought his amature photo, it feels like someone really appreciate you. HYE is like his lucky charm and thanks to her he become a great photographer as mr J.

-  YSW was his half brother(?) and their relationship wasnt going well because of their family dynamic I think. 

- YSW wont be together with HYE because of his mom. So its like their relationship would ended sooner and later anyway, YJG also know this

- At first he might surprised about HYE is actually his brother ex and he wants to know about HYE and YSW, after she confirm that it was YSW who leaving her behind not the other way around, and HYE had miserable life for 10 years, it make him want to take care of her, of course she probably needs a time to forget his brother, but just like SDH said you can't control your feeling (about love), its understanable that JYG still want stay by her side. 

I like the end of eps 4 that he explain his connection with her since 10years ago, it obvious his loves to HYE is bigger than his love to his brother so I dont blame him at all for keep chasing HYE. I'm looking forward to see next eps, and I hope we will see more YJG and HYE!! 

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Skysky said:

So I understand a lil bit about YJG now, he isnt evil (as I read some commenter said about him that he shouldnt chasing his brother ex) because :

Really there are people who think Yoon Jae Guk is evil, what a joke, you can see he is not and did not have bad intention. In the 2 first episode he was atracted by Ha Young Eun, there was something in her that attarcted him. It is at the end of ep 2, he lerned that Ha Young Eun, the name of his late brother's girlfriend  is the woman he met in Busan. Apparently he just knew her name whtout knowing anything. We do not know if Soo Wan told Jae Guk that his girlfriend is the student  he did the portfolio for. 

In ep 3, Jae Guk is just looking for the truth nothing else and it is why he chased Ha Young Eun. He wants to know her side of the story. He is angry at her because he thought she knew he died 10 years ago. But when he crashed her place with Chi Sook, Do Hun and Seok Ho, and went to her closet to talk to her, he understood that she does not know Soo Wan died. I think he  might have resent Soo Wan's girlfriend for 10 years  without knowing it was her. May be because of what he was told. He juste wanted to know the truth. His brother died because of a woman. I think when he saw Ha Young Eun's place he might had pity for her, because of the way she looks outside and how her appartement looks, also he saw how she is treaten by Chi Sook too. I think it is why he came back to her place. He larnet the truth, see Ha Young Eun's reality. It looks like he blamed himself for talking and treating her the way he did. 

Ep 4 he ask her to give him a chance, and let Yoon Soo Wan go. He did not tell her everything. Especially regarding Soo Wan. Jae Guk did not tell her what Soo Wan was going to do, that he was goign to break up with her for his family sake. She is going to learn a lot of things...

I think Jae Guk had and have good intentions but did not show it in a good way in ep 3 and 4. It is may be the first time he loves a woman like he loves Ha Young Eun. Plus, I think he really loved his brother and he spend 10 years to try to understand what happen and for who his brother was rushing and died.

My only issue with Jae Guk is how much he is hidding from Young Eun. He did not tell her is the one who took the picture. He did not tell her about SONO and the portfolio. He did not tell her about Soo Wan on his way to break up with her because of their mom. This cannot lead to a good relationship. He knows more about her than he is telling her. It should be an issue when they wil be together.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2