[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

So I learned that Gukha means chrysanthemum flower in Korean. A significant meaning for our couple, I think. I think it’s because of its unique word that no other drama couple has it that makes me like it  :fullofhearts:

Now at least I know of another Korean flower name besides the much more commonly known “jangmi” :relaxed:

In Asia the chrysanthemum signifies life and rebirth, making them great gifts for birthdays and baby showers. ... A white chrysanthemum is a symbol of loyalty and devoted love. In general, chrysanthemums are believed to represent happiness, love, longevity and joy.

https://www.easternfloral.com/blog/meaning-chrysanthemum-flower/

This is an interesting compilation of flowers used in dramas.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/koreandramaland.com/flower-language/amp/

Spoiler

Chrysanthemum = ‘My feelings are sincere’

chrysanthemum-flower-meaning-korean-dram Her Private Life (2019, episode 8)

Ryan Gold’s (Kim Jae-wook) feelings may have been sincere when he selected these ‘pom-pom’ chrysanthemums as his confession flowers for Sung Deok-mi (Park Min-young) in episode 8 of Her Private Life (2019), but maybe he should have read up more on the colour meanings prior to that. According to this page, yellow chrysanthemums mean ‘rejected love’, while white ones signify a ‘deep pain’ from a break-up. On the other hand, chrysanthemums mean ‘joy, perfection and eternity’ — probably what he’d originally hoped for. Sorry, Ryan – next time, perhaps? — Mich KDL

According to the Korea Creative Content Agency, the origin of the chrysanthemum is thought to be in China. But there are very early recordings of varied varieties of chrysanthemums in Korea and is it assumed that this flower was were introduced to Korea during the Three Kingdoms period, or even earlier. — Marion KDL

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Making off ep 4. Only 1 sscen so only 2min. The crying scene. Next time it will be 1 min, 30sec and soon we will get nothing. SBS is really bad. 

About ep 5... well it is so obvious there is something surrounding Jae Guk.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, daisyflowers said:

A secret about JG will be revealed in episode 5, maybe his parentage? 

His parentage seems to be the most obvious secret, especially after we saw the name of Soo Wan's father was different on the tombstone and the invitation card.

His mom does not seems to considere him as her son, she does not even have a picture of him, so I wonder why she insistes for him to be  married and programms blind date. 

Also there is something with each mom I do not really like and find them a bit annoying.

• Like 1

@daisyflowers yes,it is JG flat..since the time SW brought YE into that flat, I already guess that its JG, cz with so many cameras around n at that time I wondered why YE won't curious enough to asked SW about his fams..but now I got my answered..she asked n he literally not told her about his fams :Fist1: but now the question is why he won't told her?is it becz his afraid JG fall in love too with YE?its ridiculous though cz I'm can't picture JG as a someone that could steal others girlfriend especially its his brother..or SW afraid that JG knew that he's dating 'maybe' somehow YE is JG crush at that time?hmmm,not likely..or it just simply he didn't wanna told JG..I just feel there is something more than that..

Actually I have a some ridiculous idea surrounding their fams..its like it could be happen in real life although ridiculous..so I will just put it in my head :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): 

• Like 1

I think maybe SW felt that if he introduced JG to YE that meant he would be forced to deal with the Mother obstacle. Knowing his mother wouldn't approve, that would have forced them apart sooner. Cause if she met JG he might have spilled about their family drama. 

I wonder if SW knew about the photo she bought and how much it meant to her. Did he make the connection? 

Trending on Naver TV @ #1. 

• Like 1

I find this scene a bit ambarrassing between YGE there while there are talking about the 2 family wanted to merge, HCS's father who does not remember his talk with YJG's later father and WCS who is smiling like a stupid girl.

Yoon Soo Wan clearly hide too much to HYE and she now see it. She did not know him well. I do not find Soo Wan a really good person. He did not love HYE as much as she love him, she came back to Korean for him while he was lying to her. He knew he was going to end it when he started with her. This love meant a lot for HYE because it was at a time she was strunggling in Paris alone between her school and babysitting Chi Sook.  She needed someone to rely on and it was Soo Wan. But for the 2 month they were together, he did not do 1% of what Jae Guk did for her for 10 years or at least in 1 month. 

I do not think Soo Wan hide Jae Guk existence to Young Eun becaus ehe was scared Jae Guk spilled stuff about their family to Young Eun. He clearly does not care about their family. He has always lived in Paris, rarely came to Korea. There is another reason for him to hide Jae Guk from Youg Eun. 

I thought they had the same mother but I begin to think she is Jae Guk's mother in law not not his mother. He lived in Paris his whole life not in Korea. If he was her son he would have live with her and they go abroad to study photography. So I wonder what is really the relationship between Soo Wan and Jae Guk.

Lot of still cut today on NWBU official IG, feel like SHK got all the still cut form each episode

• Like 2