[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

On 5/11/2021 at 8:47 PM, Tango27 said:

is it just me or is the rich daughter in law unwanted fiance always has this hair and look in kdramas 

who doesn't want a rich sister in law.. those gifts

if I am not wrong.. all the jewelry you see is real .. i think

I don't know, but she is a lot more bubbly than the maid. I actually liked her more than the maid. :joy:

What makes you think the jewellery is real? Did you read about it somewhere, chingu? :kiss_wink:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, partyon said:

I don't know, but she is a lot more bubbly than the maid. I actually liked her more than the maid. :joy:

What makes you think the jewellery is real? Did you read about it somewhere, chingu? :kiss_wink:

yes the jewelry SH wears in the poster and the blue diamond were both commissioned like i read   so I am guessing the same goes for the rest... 

she reminds me so much of Choi Yoon-Young looks and character in ( my daughter seo young )

I was thinking WTH about the bratty annoying eldest daughter ( cream bun throwing scandal ) .

.and then I read about the real ( nuts rage scandal ) where this real rich chaebol girl on a plane threw a rage cause she was served nuts in a bag not on a plate ..and she cause ppl to be fired and the plane to head back..these crazy rich girls are not imaginary 

here  I thought this was interesting from the korean press

the names of the two buildings ..one is called RUBATO ( HSs house ) and the other is CADENZA

RUBATO in music .. means ( free expression ) or ( stolen ) ...both could have meaning for HS

CADENZA.. also in music means a solo movement ..which might have a meaning for SH who wants to take over ..

@ponderings

I dont agree about the first mrs...the husband is clearly not to be taken seriously ..the first daughter in law wants to take over which means her enemy will be ( the young maid )

Mine: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by missvictrix

MINE0102_1.jpg

tvN’s mysterious chaebol drama Mine has premiered, and remains just as mysterious even after its first two episodes. The story is both well-drawn and well-told, but there’s a bit of opacity to everything about it. You get the feeling that you don’t know what’s really going on under the surface, even in the drama’s most blatant moments.

Note: This is an opening week review only.

EPISODES 1-2 REVIEW

The opening sequence of Mine just might be the strangest thing about it so far. It features super stylistic editing, and a nun who we’ll later know as Mother Emma (Yeh Soo-jung) yelling about a bloody scene she’s just stumbled onto. For a second I felt like I was watching a Darren Aronofsky film, and not a K-drama, but things level out (well, relatively) when we back up 60 days and meet the chaebol family that’s at the center of this story.

The family that owns Hyowon Group is nothing if not the 1%. They live the most privileged life you can imagine, and the drama shows us pretty quickly what this looks like. A family estate with several architectural mansions, expansive property with peacocks in gilded cages, and a family dinner that’s as opulent as the Met Gala, with a team of dozens creating a dinner party for the parents and the three couples that live there.

MINE0102_4.jpg

Their lifestyle compares to the pomp we see in Penthouse — but the tone is radically different. Think Penthouse with the lid on, an almost Hitchcock-esque element of suspense, and a convoluted and complicated hierarchy, not only within the family, but among everyone that lives and works there.

The family is more than wealthy and privileged and powerful, though — they’re also all pretty miserable. Whether we see that in how they treat each other, or how they behave, or even more so, what they reveal when the mask is down and no one is watching them — the drama doesn’t hold back from showing us that this life of privilege can also be a prison.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/mine-episodes-1-2-review/

Lee Bo Young Gets Suspicious Of Ok Ja Yeon’s Behavior Around Her Son In “Mine”

f4ec4d6307c3474bb06f15fc860d9213.jpeg?s=

May 15, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has released some stills previewing the upcoming episode of “Mine.”

“Mine” is a new drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what’s truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of the eldest son of Hyowon Group.

Spoilers

In one set of stills, Seo Hee Soo reacts with shock as she witnesses the close relationship between her son, Han Ha Joon (Jung Hyun Joon), and his private tutor, Kang Ja Kyung (Ok Ja Yeon). Kang Ja Kyung doesn’t bother to hide her affection for her pupil in front of the boy’s mother. More surprisingly, Han Ha Joon also doesn’t look at his mother but instead has eyes only for his tutor.

In another photo, Kang Ja Kyung is lying in bed in the hospital, indicating some kind of incident has taken place. In another twist, Han Ha Joon is the only one who is sitting by her bedside, prompting curiosity about where his parents are and how the two ended up in this situation.

lee-bo-young-ok-ja-yeon-jung-hyun-joon-m

Seo Hee Soo also observes Kang Ja Kyung rubbing Han Ha Joon’s feet in bed, a gesture more apt for a mother than a private tutor. There has been friction between Kang Ja Kyung and Seo Hee Soo from the moment that Kang Ja Kyung was hired, with the tutor frequently crossing the line with behavior like putting on Seo Hee Soo’s clothes. Seo Hee Soo, who is normally a trusting person who believes the best in people, is starting to know what it’s like to get suspicious of another person.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1469386wpp/lee-bo-young-gets-suspicious-of-ok-ja-yeons-behavior-around-her-son-in-mine

Well, well, well...

The tutor is going hard after what is "hers". She started with the child. I think it's fairly obvious she's the birth mom. And judging from the preview, it looks like she's going after Han Ji Yong next.

They're gonna be a happy little family, and there will be no room for Hi Soo anymore.

The discussions in ep 3 about only a birth mom being able to be a real mom were really strange and almost uncomfortable. Lee Bo Young played an adoptive mother in "Mother" and that drama was great at depicting how you can be a real mom even though you didn't give birth to the child.

I am surprised the show is going in this direction, but guess it's all for dramatic effect?

Lots of new secrets came out too...

bbc three amber GIF by BBC

Also, am I the only who thinks that Han Ji Yong has a hand in all of this? He seems like he's scheming and not just a mere victim. I have a theory why, but want to watch ep 4 first.

@partyon I also don´t like the "real mother" lines. I think HS was trying to maintain the situation as minimum as possible but the I think the tutor maybe it worse by trying to his real mother. 

I with you about JY. He has his hand on all of this.  I do really wonder why and how did he and the tutor(who probably is the birth mother) ended up spilling up.? It just weird? And now after years she´s back? 

the painting. that has to have some meaning?  and the episode titles? ep 3. the gray area? so it mean we are moving in the gray are. interesting.

@joccu Yes, the painting definitely has a meaning.

Also, it was clear that Mother Emma and the tutor knew each other. The tutor was very uncomfortable seeing Mother Emma. Why do I have a feeling that they might be related...?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Mother Emma is clearly someone who is from a rich family with connections (just look at her Hermes Birkin bag) and I think it's safe to assume that the tutor is from a rich background too? What if they are relatives? Grand aunt and niece?

Also, why is the tutor helping the grandma of the family by saying that she took care of it so that Han Jin Ho became the next chairman? That's why I think the tutor is scheming with Han Ji Yong.

@partyon or they could be like ex-mother in-law and daughter in-law.  And the tutor maybe Emma family to perish(well this is only wild theory) 

I totally thinks she is scheming with JY, but what is their end game? to have the ultimate power and the money? 

1 minute ago, joccu said:

@partyon or they could be like ex-mother in-law and daughter in-law.  And the tutor maybe Emma family to perish(well this is only wild theory)

I totally thinks she is scheming with JY, but what is their end game? to have the ultimate power and the money?

Sorry chingu, who are ex-MIL and ex-daughter in law? How do you mean they are connected to Emma?

I think the ultimate end game is power and money. And someone's gonna die in the end...

I don't think mother emma knew the tutor .. but I think she thought she recognized  her voice from before .. if she contacted the organization

the interesting thing today was ..that she was reporting to the mother in law .. so was she planted there.. but the mother in law was shocked idk

the last line from the narrator didnt appear for me ... did anyone catch that?

..when SH was facing the painting.. she stars at the painting every ep it seems 

@joccu But Mother Emma is a nun? I don't think you can become a nun if you've been married?

Oh well, I guess one can lie when applying.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

@Tango27 To me it looked like the tutor recognized Emma. But the thing is that Emma is so stone faced and mysterious, that we don't really know if she knew the tutor or not. She did recognize the voice.

Maybe the tutor had massive plastic surgery :joy:

Are my theories becoming too makjang? :loolz:

@joccu LOL :D  Me neither, but I just assumed that you might have to be a virgin or at least unmarried if you want to become a nun. In any case, I am sure something big happened to Mother Emma too.

How can everyone be so shady and fishy in this drama? I trust no one. :D:D:D Not even the peacock. :D

The caged peacock is the epitome of this family trapped in this world. They may have everything yet they struggle in living. Specifically Seo Hyun. She always looks like she's trapped and she always notes that Hee Soo can do whatever she wants to do. 

On the other hand, Grandma has been ridiculous and controlling since ep 1. In today's episode, she ordered the peacock to show its feathers.  And she's often seen indulging in food, arguing, singing...She has everything yet she doesn't know how to enjoy life.

HeeSoo: "I saw every side of my husband" :D Woman, you're too pure for this cruel world. Her rose-colored glasses will be shattered soon. I feel sorry, because your beautiful face radiating happiness and contentment will be full of anger and grief. My heart already bruised when she wanted to hug her son, he just turns away and then being told by tutor to leave him alone :( and when he even refused that gift. Ouch, when he found out what they wanted to hide....  is it too contrived to think that the tutor somehow leaked that news to the school?

But Mama Bear coming out, it was satisfactory to see her flex her powers, though it seems she is no match to the machinations of the tutor, because she's still so nice - Heesoo about the tutor: "It feels like she crosses boundaries" HAHAHA. Yes she does. Woman, she wore your dress and that alone is a red flag as her apology was just words, not even embarrassed at being caught, she was. It's too obvious now that the tutor is the birth mum. Even Hisoo should know that, since the things the tutor says wouldnt be said / done by a normal employee.

I noticed that the rooms of the other maids are right next to the one of the new maid, yet the two of them talk fearlessly in the hallway like idiots. Am I supposed to love this loveline, because I still loath it with every fibre of my body. Because it's SLOPPY, like they're not even trying to hide it. Why don't you guys just sleep in one bed together already? It's not like that's any less reckless than what you do now. What's with the pink hue of the camera too, it does NOT make me fall in love with the maid.

Damn Seo Hyun doesn't play around, 1 million Won just for the task alone haha. She's pretty good, though, having found one maid who is useful to give her all the information she needs, though the head maid is still up to tricks, but Seo Hyun knows not to dirty her hands and have the Granny do it hahaha. Maybe the Granny will throw cream buns at the maid? Looking forward to this mess blowing up haha. 

God that poor peacock. It's pretty much like the two Madams. Very gorgeous but in a gilded cage, being screamed at by MIL. I'm dying with laughter. The creambun incident on the news, while Grandma screams at the TV with creambun smeared around her mouth lol, and doesnt bother wiping her mouth when she screams at HeeSoo lol.  

@partyon, @joccu just watched the 3rd episode, and the tutor is playing 4D chess here. She is playing with the kid's mind. She is acting all caring and loving to him (which somewhat looks genuine if she is his real mom), which is now making the kid feel like his mom is not as caring and loving since he might not be her son. The husband too suddenly is fine with the tutor, and it definitely is related to her talk with him while horse riding in the 2nd episode. She already met with MIL, and seeing that woman terrified and this tutor still at her place, I feel like she holds some cards here against both son and the MIL, that is preventing them from getting rid of her. 

Seeing her actions, she wants to replace Hi Soo here. Sitting at her chair, wearing her clothes, crossing boundaries so openly. At one time I really thought Hi Soo has been tolerating a lot, and liked the fact that she warned her about crossing boundaries. 

Old habits die hard, the head maid does not really seem to be happy with the benefits, payments and the apartment she is getting so far. Greed has no bounds. Her actions are becoming bolder, and I feel like she will be paying for it big time. She is not understanding what she is getting herself into. 

The young maid the one who was initially chosen as tutor, also seems to be caught in web. The young dude has acting all he wants to, and does not really think how it will affect the young maid here. She too, will soon be ending up in big trouble. 

And what's with everyone shouting for the first 30 mins. I now reduce the volume whenever I see the MIL and the daughter :loolz:

Archived