[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love Between Fairy and Devil 苍兰诀

sugarplum892

19 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Aint this the same as the weibo award?

I think that's another Weibo award, for TV series this time?

DiXin's GQ photo shoot. I hope they attend the event too!

credit: owner

A cute fanart of one of my favorite BTS pics =D

e7d4ad3cly1h5mb2vvm5gj20zk0zkn37.jpg
e7d4ad3cly1h5mb2wndu5j2334334qv5.jpg

credit: owner/tagged

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@fuyukonekoI’m replying to an old post of yours. Sorry, don’t get on this forum much.

The reason that Orchid was supposed to marry CH (of is it CF?—totally having a brain fart), is because the only way he could unlock his full powers as the (new) God of War (and defeat DFQC) was to marry the Goddess.

None of this storyline exists in the novel. Rather, the storyline in the book is just the personal grudge that DFQC has against the Goddess of War and how Orchid interferes with his plans because they share the same body and she can control her half. That is why the book is called the “Parting” of Fairy and Orchid.

Although I did enjoy the book, I loved the drama more, and I love the OST! In the book there are MANY characters that never make an appearance that were in the drama, and if they are in the book, they are VERY different.   

I would imagine that if I had read the book first md loved it, then watched the drama, I would have been very dissatisfied! I’m glad I watched the drama first!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for answering! Mythologically, how does marriage unlock his powers? Felt very convoluted to me. I might have missed something, but does he even get to use his upgraded powers?

I would imagine that if I had read the book first md loved it, then watched the drama, I would have been very dissatisfied! I’m glad I watched the drama first!

Same. I'm glad I read the book after watching the drama. I didn't have any expectations when I watched the drama. The new characters grew on me. For example, how they show Changheng's kind side in the mortal realm. Until then, Orchid's crush on him felt like a fan's feeling for an idol. But in the mortal realm episodes, we (the audience) and DFQF get to see this side of Changheng that Orchid always knew about. This is my favorite romance drama of 2022 =).

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Anyone here excited for their new project?

Me, me! I'm very excited because it's wuxia (hopefully done right), the supporting casts, and knowing what Director Guo can offer with the stunning visuals. I love the contrast in characters between these 2 dramas for Esther and ZLH. I haven't watched Esther act in a serious role yet so that is something to look forward to. I think I'll be pausing a lot to admire all the prettiness in My Journey to You.

Parallels between Esther in her new drama and DFQC =D Even their costumes share some similarities (middle pic)! The set and costumes for the other casts look gorgeous too.

0079-XCIHgy1h8xpv40tonj30u00smtdi.jpg
0079-XCIHgy1h8xpv4jjimj311a19gq93.jpg
0079-XCIHgy1h8xpv5vyfpj32eo37k7wh.jpg

credit: tagged

@WuzetianiQiyi finally decided to release the CD now. That took them long enough lol

@fuyukonekoI was on my mini re-watch spree and in ep 33 at 36:41, Goddess Xiyun talked about her tribe's relationship with Lord Dong, the creator of Shuiyantian. And ep 35 at 18:55, Goddess Xiyun explained that her supreme godly powers will only be activated if she marries Cheng Heng according to a contract made with Lord Dong.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1